crème brûlée

one shot collection (winrina)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Good morning, Ms. Yoo." The employees stand up one by one to bow down to the CEO of YJ Corporation.

"Good morning, Jimin." Hwang Hyunjin, the 'confident' employee who never stops on bragging his athlete figure and on pursuing the CEO, gave a box of chocolates to the unimpressed Jimin.

"Thank you but I prefer being referred to as Ms. Yoo in the office." She doesn't have a choice but to put a smile on her lips every time this happens. She doesn't want to look rude to her employees. And because of that, though smiling is a small, common and natural gesture, others think they're in good terms and some can't help but be envious of their 'relationship'. Jimin can only ignore the stares and gossips. It's not important and not real anyway.

Hyunjin smiled and winked at her before sitting down to do his job. Why is he so annoying?

Once she got in her office, her secretary enters with folders in one hand. She handed them to the CEO then she sat in front of her.

"Good morning, Ms. Yoo Jimin. Need some coffee to pair with the chocolates?" Jimin looked at her best friend's teasing smile.

"Shut up, Aeri. Take it home if you want or give it to someone else. You know I don't like chocolates but, yes, I need coffee." Aeri chuckled and took the box of chocolates that Hyunjin gave to Jimin. The secretary doesn't want to take it either but she thought of the homeless people she'll meet later while walking. So, instead of heading to the bin, she put them in her bag.

She went back with a black coffee in hand, something Jimin learned to love since she got this position. She used to drink tea but the effects of caffeine is different. She felt energized until late at night. She'd only feel the exhaustion once she reaches home.

"Overtime again today? Why is the CEO so busy? What does she do all day?" Aeri wondered to herself.

"You sound like Snow White talking to herself because she doesn't have anyone to talk to. Stop it. Go back to work. You have a lot of calls to answer today, a lot of papers to print and deliver to me." Aeri Uchinaga, the best friend/secretary of the CEO. Jimin used to have a secretary but since they're not close, she didn't enjoy the previous secretary's company. One day, the former secretary suddenly resigned, personal problem she said but Jimin knows she doesn't enjoy working for her. That's where her best friend came to the rescue. She got an internship in YJ Corp. until Jimin saw her name on the list. The whole floor buzzed when Jimin called her to her office and asked her to take her things away. They thought she did something so wrong that the CEO summoned her. Little did they know, she'll cheat her way through.

Jimin didn't regret hiring Aeri; she gets the work done, arranges Jimin's appointments efficiently and entertains the bored millionaire everyday.

"You mean YOU have a lot of things to do. I've done my part for this morning so give me something." That's impossible, the young CEO thought.

"Okay... arrange all my appointments today, get my laundry? I don't know... buy us some lunch and find a good resto for dinner."

"Your treat, right? Because obviously, I don't have money and you're my boss and--"

"Alright, Ms. Uchinaga." Jimin said in annoyance with a hint of mockery. "Go to your office and work, I need to review a lot of proposals today." The cheeky secretary left the room laughing to herself, amused by the CEO's annoyance.

I need some music, the black-haired girl thought. She stood up, got some vinyl and soon, classical music filled the room. Nocturne Op. 9, No. 2; Chopin I wish I was alive when you were still on earth.

The small speaker is enough to relax the young Jimin's mind. Time passed by seamlessly that Jimin didn't even notice Aeri.

"EHEM. Ms. Yoo, Karina, hey! Lunch is served. Can you at least take your eyes off your screen when I'm talking to you? Seeing you like this makes me feel like you're a robot."

"Karina?"

"Am I not allowed to use your in game name..." 'Karina' sighed. She used to be a 'no-face' streamer before her father resigned and passed her the position without any business knowledge. Jimin worked hard though and proved to everyone that she can handle a big company. She's smart, talented, kind-hearted, and a good-talker which gained them a lot of investors when she got everything under control. Though she thinks it's not 'herself' that made them invest but because of her face. Most investors came with their sons, and most of those men tried to get her which was impossible since Yoo Jimin is into girls.

It wasn't announced publicly but it was highly speculated due to the photos that circulated online. In one of them, Jimin was smiling to this woman while holding the woman's hand. The look Jimin was giving is similar to someone who is love struck. No one is sure if that's the case but a lot of people believed that she's not straight.

***

(Note: I'll be using Karina here more than Jimin because I'm more used to her as Karina and not as Yoo Jimin plus the name reminds me of another ido

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter