around

one shot collection (winrina)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

After 3 years of separation, West (W), saw her ex, Kee (K) at a department store. Will they part ways again or will they come around this time?

 

Note: This story is based on NIKI's song "Around". Hope you like it :D

 

(K)

 

"Kee?"

 

I was looking at clothes, trying to see if there's anything I'll like when I heard her call me.

 

It has been 3 years since the last time I heard that voice. I thought I'd forgotten about it, I thought I'd buried it in the last drawer hidden behind thousands of doors at the back of my mind.

 

How should I react? Should I be nonchalant? What should I say? Should I act as if nothing happened between us?

 

I slowly turned around, making sure that I'd collected my thoughts for at least 10-seconds before facing her.

 

(W)

 

It was summer break, college was more exhausting than I expected, especially if you're in a foreign country where you have to constantly translate words in your head.

 

It was a nice evening, I ate alone at a restaurant and decided to take a detour at the mall. I need new clothes though I have plenty. I took a turn around a corner after checking some school supplies when I saw her figure.

 

It has been 3 years since the last time I saw her but her image has never faded in my memories. The length of her hair had changed a little. It's not just black as well, there was a hint of blue though I'm not so sure.

 

Blue is her favorite color.

 

My feet led me to where she was standing, I quietly approached her, afraid of ruining her peace.

 

She is still as beautiful as ever. My eyes traveled from her forehead down to her eyes, the only features I can see since she was wearing a mask over her nose and mouth.

 

Should I call her? No, I should leave her alone… but, I missed her. And I want to talk to her, ask her how she's been, what she's been doing for the past years…

 

Is it too much to ask to be a part of your life again,

 

"Kee?"

 

(K)

 

"West?!"

 

I didn't mean to sound so excited but I always find it hard to control how her name comes out of my mouth ever since. I wanted to be cold, I wanted to sound harsh, I wanted to be indifferent… yet my voice betrayed me.

 

"Hi, I thought you wouldn't recognize me." How could I forget those pretty eyes? The only eyes who saw me, the real me.

 

It took me a second to notice that I was staring at her directly, I don't want her to feel awkward. I averted my gaze back to the plaid button-ups I've been looking at…

 

Out of all the types of clothes in this store, why the hell am I looking at plaids? And why do I have to coincidentally meet her here?

 

"Your hair got longer, but that didn't change your appearance. You still look like a kid."

 

People would ask how old she is, she didn't look 19 back then. Oftentimes, people mistook her as 12 or even younger. Men around her adored her, women, too. Those days made me want to announce that we're together, that she's taken, that she's not or never going to be available for anyone. But, what can I do back then?

 

Nothing.

 

(W)

 

"What brought you here? Weren't you in Paris?" I didn't expect her to ask anything about me nor be interested in anything related to me.

 

"It's summer break, and my parents begged me to come home." She nodded. Despite the mask covering her lips, I can kind of see that she was smiling… or maybe I'm just assuming.

 

"They probably missed their daughter. Knowing how you left—" It was too late before she realized what she was saying.

 

"How did I leave…?" She looked away and began to walk away.

 

"Without saying goodbye."

 

"Hmm?" I pretended that I didn't hear what she just said even if it's so damn clear.

 

"You heard me." And she knows me.

 

"Were you mad at me for leaving like that?" I followed her unplanned steps even if she keeps on creating this physical distance between us.

 

"Who wouldn't?" She snapped at me for asking the most obvious thing in the world.

 

(K)

 

"But you broke up with me." The anger dissipated, the guilt creeped in.

 

I was stupid and childish, and I wish

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter