Like red, like fire, like falling, and a lot like love

Bad Feels Good
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

     Seolhee woke up with four missed calls from Chaeyoung. She glances to her right to see Baekhyun sleeping soundly beside her with his shoulder and chest exposed. Seolhee smiles a little and returns her attention to the 17 unread messages from Chaeyoung.

Seonggi, i did something stupid :((
1:02 AM

Please call me back
1:15 AM

Aaaa i'm such an idiot. where are uuuu?
1:16 AM

     And the texts went on until 4 in the morning. Seolhee didn't waste time calling her back. "Hello?" The phone did not even get to finish one ring before Chaeyoung answered.

     "Yaaah! Where have you been? Can you come over? I just wanna get drunk, Seong. I'm so stupid."

     "Is it about Sehun?"

     Silence.

     "Okay," Seolhee takes a deep breath and glances at Baekhyun once again. "I'll come over right now,"

 

Seolhee left a message on Baekhyun's phone telling him her whereabouts and she immediately rushed to her best friend's house.

     "I told him I like him," Chaeyoung's face is a clear indication that she hasn't gotten any sleep last night. Her hair is all over the place, the dark circles under her eyes are more evident than ever, and she's wearing the oversized black shirt that Sehun gave her (well, she forced him to, but technically, he still gave it).

     Seolhee immediately opens her arms to welcome the poor girl with her warm embrace. "I thought you said you would never confess to him. What changes?" Seolhee asks while she's trying to walk forward towards Chaeyoung's couch while still hugging her.

     "It was a weird night. Lately, I've been feeling like maybe I have a chance with him, you know?"

     Seolhee nods.

     "And then he would look at me in ways that he never did with you, or out other friends. I'm not naive and we know that. I just thought that I read too much into Sehun's actions,"

     "Okay, go on. So what happened last night?"

     Chaeyoung takes a deep breath and leans her head on Seolhee's shoulder as they both stare straight into the blank television, seeing a blurry reflection of themselves. "He invited himself for a drink like he always does. And at that moment, I felt like there's something that he's not telling me. And he keeps questioning me if I'm talking to somebody right now, if I ever saw him as more than a friend, which I did,

     And I didn't answer at first. But Seol he-" Chaeyoung gulps and straightens her sitting position. "He looked at me for too long and I thought maybe he's asking me that question because maybe he wants to know if there is a chance for us. And please, I am a little bit tipsy, which makes me more courageous than usual. And I don't know what got into me, Seong,"

     Chaeyoung ruffles her hair in frustration. The memories of last night with Sehun just came rushing back into her. She thought she would only confess about the previous time when she liked him, but she didn't stop there. She even told him how she feels about him now, when her feelings, which she thought had been buried in the deepest pit of her stomach, still manages to climb their way back to the top, consuming every particle, every space in her mind and her heart.

   "And then he didn't say anything. Suddenly he felt awkward, and he excused himself. He said he has something else to do that night. It was Sunday! What could have possibly kept him busy? He went out and left me here with no other choice but to accept my rejection." Chaeyoung couldn't believe that she would be crying about Oh Sehun this early in the morning. She knows that he has the ca[ability to keep her awake at night, thinking of the possibilities of what could they be if only Sehun would see her differently. She knows that, but crying over him like this? Nope. She never realized just how much she feels towards Oh Sehun until now.

     "Have you eaten? Honestly, Chaeng, all I can do right now is be right here," Seolhee says with a careful voice. She hugs the sad girl so tight because that's the only way she can express just how much she cares. Then she stands up and goes through her fridge to find anything to cook. Then she felt her phone vibrating in her pocket. It's Baekhyun calling her.

 

     "Hey," Seolhee greets while she opens her friend's cabinet. Chaeyoung usually goes outside to eat so she doesn't have any proper ingredients in her fridge. The only decent way right now is to cook instant noodles that are a week away from their expiration date.

     "Hi, good morning," Baekhyun takes a breath. "Good morning. You okay? Why do you sound so nervous?"

     "Nope, not nervous. Just disappointed that you're not here when I wake up,"

     Seolhee couldn't help but laugh; that's the only way to relieve the overwhelming emotion brought by Baekhyun calling her first thing in the morning. "What time can you come back?"

      "I don't know, Baek. Maybe I'll stay here the whole day. Chaeyoung needs me right now,"

     Baekhyun rolls over to her side of the bed and buries his face on her pillow that still smells like her. "Okay," he says and sighs. "Okay," Seolhee replies.

     "Seol?"

     "Hm?"

     "I miss you," and with that, Baekhyun ended the call.

 

Seolhee and Chaeyoung spend the day mostly eating and watching chick-flicks on Netflix. That was their way of being there. To simply have each other's company. "Should we go clubbing?" Seolhee suggests when the orange sky is slowly turning dark. Chaeyoung lights up at the idea. "Should weeee?"

     "Yeah we should!" the girls squeal and run towards Chaeyoung's closet. Like it's the most natural thing ever, Seolhee picks out her outfit from her friend's clothes. She didn't even need to ask for permission. It was already a given, she can rummage through her clothes the same way Chaeyoung rummages through her every time she has a "date emergency".

 

It was still pretty early when they got at City Lights. Usually, the bar will start to crowd at 8 pm, so they're still two hours ahead. Their time there was mostly spent with Seolhee talking about Baekhyun. She didn't want to talk about it at first but Chaeyoung kept on insisting that she tell her something about them or else she's "gonna go crazy with all the Sehun inside her mind."

     "So you guys are like boyfriend and girlfriend, right?" Seolhee nods. "And how's the ?"

     Seolhee choked at the beer she's drinking. "What? I have to know since I've only heard it from other girls. Give me all the dirty details." Seolhee immediately shakes her head. "No, never gonna happen,"

     "Really? Now? You're gonna be secretive when your best friend has a broke heart?"

     "Shut up and don't use that heartbroken card with Baekhyun is ugh-mazing." Seolhee said all that in one breath that immediately made her best friend gasp in shock. "Really?" Chaeyoung whispered as she tries to hide the obvious squeal that's threatening to fall out of .

     "Yes. And he's gentle but not all the time," Seolhee can't help herself from giggling. "And you know what the best part is?" Chaeyoung shakes her head giddily. "After we do it, he brings me water and cradles me to sleep."

     "He doooees?" Chaeyoung covered and used her other hand to hit Seolhee on her arm. "I know, right? He's like an entirely different person when we're alone."

     "He seems like an entirely different person since you started hanging out with him, Seong."

     Seolhee raises an eyebrow and stayed silent to allow her friend to talk. "Last week, Minseok saw Baekhyun smile out of nowhere! Out of nowhere! Like randomly! While he's sitting in class. Plus, Suho noticed that Baekhyun has almost never missed his classes."

     Seolhee stayed silent once again, trying to process all of the information that she just got. Was Baekhyun really smiling? Was it because of me? What if it's not? Was he attending classes because of me? But what if I'm not the reason for tha-

     Her train of thought got cut off with the vibration in her purse. It's Baekhyun.

   

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter