The Winter Prince

Bad Feels Good
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

     "Can you please, for one moment, stop being dramatic and let me take you home?!" Baekhyun immediately regrets what he said when he sees the look on Seolhee's face. It was... sad. And somehow, that made him mad.

 

     With a heavy heart, he watched Seolhee walk away knowing damn well that he just made the girl cry. He knows about how the exam week is stressing her out, he knows how important it is for her to utilize every single second to study. Yet, she made time to pay Baekhyun a visit and this is how he treats her.

 

     Baekhyun watches and watches until Seolhee is finally out of his sight. He bits his lips, gets inside his house, and starts his motorcycle.

 

     He followed her. Just secretly, just to make sure that Seolhee arrives home safely.

 

     The next day, Baekhyun spends all day in his house, debating with himself whether he should call Seolhee or not. When he finally gets the courage to do so, Seolhee's phone was turned off.

 

     "Hyun, you're an , you know that, right?" Tao says as soon as Baekhyun finished telling what happened. He's now hanging out at Chanyeol's house after asking the boys to gather because he has something to talk about. Naturally, Baekhyun wouldn't be this serious around them so they immediately dropped everything to talk to him.

 

     Baekhyun didn't reply. "Seolhee's a kind person who's obviously good at putting up with you bull." Baekhyun glares at Chanyeol's statement, but he acknowledges it. "You have to apologize."

 

     "Why would I?"

 

    "Because I'm gonna make a move on her if you keep on breaking her heart. I'll be that guy who always comforts her on her lowest points because of you and I'll be there until she finds comfort in me and fall in love with me." Luhan says in one breath. "Yeah, I'd do that too. She is gorgeous for 's sake." Chanyeol butts in.

 

     Baekhyun doesn't like the sound of that so his glare at Chanyeol and Luhan only intensifies. "You ers know nothing about the bro code. She's off limits."

 

     Tao shakes his head. "Nuh-uh, not if you're not even officially dating."

 

     "We are!" Baekhyun stands up in defense and shouts. "We are dating!"

 

     That causes the three other boys to gasp. "It's true? I thought she was just assuming that you guys are," Tao says in bewilderment. Despite Baekhyun's angry face, the three are actually satisfied to see the look on his face as he gets easily triggered by the mention of Seolhee's name.

 

     "ing stay away from her you ing erts." Baekhyun grabs his phone and puts it in his pocket. He gives the three smiling boys one more glare before storming out of the house.

 

     "You have to say sorry hyuuung!!" Tao shouts from the inside.

 

     It wasn't in Baekhyun's plan to apologize publicly. He wanted to talk to her after her exams, but when he saw her looking worried just outside her classroom, Baekhyun couldn't help but want to hug her tight and kiss her worries away.

 

     He wanted to shake his urges but he knows he wouldn't be able to think about anything else if he lets this opportunity to talk to her pass. At this point, he likes to believe that he can actually be contributing to Seolhee's unwell condition and he needs to say something to at least ease her worries.

 

     So he walks, not minding other people, eyes locked on Seolhee who has her head low and is fidgeting with the strings of her bag.

 

     When she looked up and called his name, Baekhyun just felt his heart do a somersault. She has her eyebrows scrunched. She looks obviously tensed. Baekhyun grabs her cold hands and wrapped his fingers with hers.

 

     He leans in to kiss her forehead, hoping to ease up some of the tension on her face. "I'm sorry." Baekhyun says wholeheartedly. He meant that. He didn't want Seolhee to stress over him when the exams are clearly important to her as well. "Please focus on your exams first and you can talk to me later if you want to. Okay?"

 

     I hope you will... talk to me, I mean.

 

     When Seolhee nods, that was all Baekhyun needed until he was finally able to smile again. "Seol, I know you'll ace the exams." Baekhyun reminds her, wanting to kiss her on the lips to at least express a fraction of what he is feeling right now, but at the same time, he notices how red Seolhee's face is. She's probably embarrassed by all of the attention they are getting at the moment.

 

     "WHAT WAS THAT?!" Chaeyoung says with wide eyes when Seolhee finally gets to sit beside her. Fortunately, the professor walks in to start the exam, giving Seolhee an excuse to put her index finger on to signal her friend to stay quiet. "Okay but we'll talk about this later."

 

     "Baekhyun and Seolhee sunbae..."

     "Really?!"

     "...guess opposites really attract."

     "I didn't know that's Baekhyun oppa's type."

     "I don't think it's serious tho..."

 

     It was lunchtime when all Seolhee can think about is to get out of the cafeteria and eat alone in silence. However, she had to endure everything because Sehun and Chaeyoung are staring intensely at her, waiting for her to "spill the tea".

 

     "Sweet, but still an ." Chaeyoung comments at the end of her story. "Yeah, but he apologized so I should go talk to him, right?"

 

     Sehun suddenly laughs. "It depends on how stupid you are." 

 

     "I second that!" Chaeyoung agrees and gives Sehun a high five. Seolhee rolls her eyes and munches at her sandwich with force.

 

     When Seolhee survived all of her exams, she sees Sehun and Suho outside, waiting for them to finish.

 

      It has been a part of their tradition to drink after an exam. And an end of a semester calls for a greater celebration. "Where tooooo?" Chaeyoung jumps in excitement and Sehun wraps his arms around her shoulder. "City lights let's gooooo!" Sehun and Chaeyoung start running out of the hall.

 

     "Come on let's go too!" Suho grabs her wrists and runs to catch up with the two.

 

     It was fun... to have Suho be this cheerful around her again.

 

 

     Since Seolhee isn't really a fan of crowded places like the City Lights, she's just quietly leaning on the high table with her second bottle of beer, watching as her three friends dance their hearts out to the electronic music blasting. 

 

     "Hey." Seolhee immediately turns around to see the owner of that familiar and wonderful voice. "Baekhyun." Seolhee exhales, feeling the air in her lungs get knocked off.

 

     "Can we talk?" Seolhee nods and Baekhyun takes her hand to lead her out of the boisterous club.

 

     "Come here." Baekhyun sits on the sidewalk gutter, facing the empty road. "Did I make you sad again?" Baekhyun asks with the softest voice he's ever done. "Yes, Baekhyun. You did. And it was ten times harder to study with a sad heart, you know."

 

     Baekhyun's on the verge of punching himself. How can he be so harsh to this pure human being beside him? "Did you do well on your exams?"

 

     "I still did my best."

 

     "Good. Now come here and let me..." Baekhyun holds her neck, snaking his hand up to her jaw. He tilts his head to capture her soft lips that still had the taste of the beer she's drinking earlier. "I'm sorry, Seol." he says again, the second time today. 

 

     "You know exactly how to get me, Baek. I hate you for that." Baekhyun smiles widely, allowing himself to show this side of him to her. "You're so good to me and I like you for that." Baekhyun suddenly blurts out without really thinking, making Seolhee's eyes widen.

 

     "You do?" she says in a hopeful tone.

 

     "What do you think?" Baekhyun tilts his head again and bites his lips to contain his smile. "I think you really do."

 

     "And I think you're damn right." Baekhyun leans in again to kiss her passionately.

     Seolhee felt the happiest she's ever been when Baekhyun admitted that he likes her. The fact that they're already "dating", must have already been a given that Baekhyun likes her. But of course, everything with Baekhyun is just different.

 

     With Baekhyun, she feels the need to settle for what he can give because she believes he's trying.

 

     That morning, she woke up with Baekhyun's large shirt over her. She doesn't remember putting it on because she was too exhausted from their late-night activity. So when she asked Baekhyun if he's the one who put it on her, he answered "you were cold last night". Those five words are not much but they're enough for Seolhee to feel like she's flying once again.

 

     Now, she's back at school with her three friends who are almost done with everything for the Freshie Ball that will be held on December 20th. That's Seolhee's birthday.

 

     "I'm sorry but I was assigned here by Miss Park! Why can't you just come with us?" Chaeyoung explains. "Ugggh! The four of us always celebrate each other's birthdays together but suddenly I'm alone?!" Seolhee whines.

 

     "OH SEHUN AND KIM SUHO!" Chaeyoung shouts from the benches, immediately catching the attention of the two boys. The two approach the girls. "Explain to Seolhee why we can't eat outside on the 20th." Chaeyoung orders.

 

     Seolhee can only frown as she looks up at Sehun and Suho while she's sitting at one of the benches. Suho sighs and starts talking, "I'm sorry Seolhee but we're gonna be busy for the rest of whole day. We can be free maybe at midnight because the ball ends at around 11pm and we still have to clean up at least."

 

     "Yeah and we can't leave our posts because we're assigned by the teachers. You can just hang out with us here during the ball." Sehun adds, making Seolhee's frown ever worse.

 

     With her shoulders slumped, Seolhee nods. "Uh, okay. I understand."

 

     "You can just hang out with Byun

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter