six.

CEO Love [incomplete, hiatus]
Please log in to read the full chapter

Chaeyeon returned home from watching Yeontan to a semi-disaster in the kitchen due to Yiseul's cooking.

"Oh, wow."

"Chaeyeon."

There was a quivered in Yiseul's voice.

"I burnt the rice and I burnt eggs." Yiseul cried as she slumped in the middle of the kitchen floor.

Chaeyeon quickly rushed to turn off the stove and other electrical appliances while opening all the windows to air out the place. Chaeyeon also the aircon as well as closed any opened doors within the place before checking on her friend.

"What happened?"

"I was trying to cook a meal for Jimin's birthday today."

"Oh."

"I was making him dinner here."

"Ah, right. I forgot."

Chaeyeon glanced around the place just as she heard the door open and close a moment later.

"Whoa. What happened here?" Chaewon asked as she scanned the area.

"Birthday dinner gone bad." Chaewon explained as Chaewon nodded upon remember.

"Oh, right. Yiseul did mentioned that a few nights ago."

Yiseul had informed the others last Sunday night and reminded them every night since then if she could invite Jimin over to celebrate his birthday with a homecooked meal. Jimin decided he didn't want to do anything big for his birthday and mainly just wanted to celebrate it with his girlfriend. The group found it endearing and immediately agreed to let the couple have their special moment.

"I dunno what to do now."

Yiseul's voice drew the pair's attention onto her.

"Dinner's at eight and it's half-past five, but there's nothing edible."

She cried into her hands as the sisters looked at one another. They knew how much this dinner meant to Yiseul. Knowingly, the pair nodded at one another with Chaeyeon telling Yiseul what she was planning on making for Jimin.

"He likes kimchi jjigae. I was gonna make steamed rice, several side dishes, and cut up a big bowl of fruits, too."

She groaned.

"The cake. I completely forgot about the cake."

"We'll take care of it all, Yiseul. You just go get clean up and ready for tonight."

"But-"

"Don't worry. We got you." Chaewon reassured Yiseul with a smile.

"Now, go look fabulous to impress your boyfriend for his birthday."

Yiseul chuckled with a thankful look.

"Thanks. Oh, and Jimin likes a chocolate base cake."

"Got it."

Yiseul hurried away as the sisters looked at one another.

"Let's clean up first and then we can work out what we need to do." Chaewon ordered as Chaeyeon nodded.

"Okay."

"It looks amazing and smells delicious." Yiseul complimented once she was readied and the meal all set.

"And the cake is beautiful. Did y'all actually make it from scratch?"

"Somewhat. We had some pre-mix stocked in the pantry. Chaewon made the cake and I just decorated it." Chaeyeon answered with a laugh.

"Aww, thank you."

"Yup, yup. You're welcome. Anyways, we also slightly decorated the place to set up that romantic dinner slash birthday dinner feel for you." Chaewon informed with a small smile.

"Hope it looks alright?"

Yiseul smiled, touched.

"It's lovely and thank you two so much for helping me with this."

"No problem."

"So yeah, we were able to salvage a majority of what you had cooked and just changed it up a bit. So Jimin won't notice whatsoever."

Chaeyeon beamed proudly.

"Just tell him you did it all and we just assisted to make sure it goes well."

"Thanks."

"Anyways," Chaewon interjected with smile, "We're gonna take a shower and leave soon."

Yiseul frowned.

"You guys don't have to leave completely. I mean, Haneul and Noeul did, but they had other matters to take care concerning their other half."

"I doubt Noeul sees Yonggi as her other half." Chaeyeon commented as the other two laugh.

"Very true, but you guys can stay. We're not gonna do anything else besides dinner."

"Nah. We're gonna give y'all your alone time."

"Yeah." Chaewon chimed.

"Do a movie, too, or catch up without others bothering you.

"Besides," Chaeyeon interjected, "Chaewon and I have been meaning to watch a movie at the cinemas anyways."

'Yeah, and we'll eat something before and after it. So don't worry about us."

"Are you sure?"

"Mmhmm."

"Well, thank you."

"You're welcome."

Soon enough Chaeyeon and Chaewon showered and changed as they'll be going out to kill time until they could return home. They wished their friend 'good luck' just as they had put on their shoes, a knock sounded on their door.

"That must be him. How do I look?"

Yiseul appeared nervous, but the sisters reassured her once more.

"Beautiful."

"Gorgeous."

"Thank you."

"Welcome."

Chaeyeon opened the door to greet Jimin, but was surprised to see Taehyung and Jungkook with him.

"Hi."

Her greeting fell flat with a tilt of her head.

"What are you two doing here?" Chaewon asked curiously although it may have come off as rude.

Jungkook cocked a brow at her question while Taehyung seemed clueless.

"Oh, they came to join in on the homecooked dinner." Jimin explained with a smile before his expression turned puzzled.

"Is that not okay?"

Just as Yiseul was about to answer that it was fine, Chaeyeon spoke otherwise.

"Um, no. Actually, it's not okay, Jimin."

"It's not?" Yiseul questioned, confused.

"Yes, it's not okay. Um..."

Chaeyeon tried to think on the spot as the male trio frowned upon her response.

"Jimin, Yiseul wanted to celebrate your birthday together with just the two of you while these two will be hanging out with us instead so that the two of you could do just that. Right, Chaewon?"

Chaewon didn't miss a bit.

"Yeah, Chaeyeon. That's right. Jungkook and Taehyung will accompanied us for a nightly outing while you and Yiseul have a fun night. Let's go."

Chaeyeon and Chaewon exited their home while gently pushing Jimin inside to stand alongside Yiseul as the sisters wished him a 'happy birthday' and closed the door soon after. Then the pair each grabbed their bosses' arms and pulled him along the hallway to the elevators while apologizing about their sudden behavior and explaining the situation.

"Do you think they'll notice if we ditch them?" Chaeyeon mused as Chaewon chuckled.

"That's mean."

Chaewon then glanced at the item in her sister's hand.

"Besides, aren't you holding onto your boss' plush doll for him that you won for him, too?"

"I am."

Chaeyeon glanced at the cute bear stuffed animal with a soft smile before glancing up at her sister.

"But I could always give it to him tomorrow."

"True."

"Or not and keep it for myself."

Chaeyeon grinned mischievously as Chaewon laughed with a shake of her head.

"I doubt it. He seemed quite happy when you won it for him."

"Hmm, true."

The quartet found themselves at Ppyong Ppyong Game Land playing old school arcade games as well as modern ones and have been playing for about an hour or so now. Currently, Jungkook and Taehyung were in midst of the basketball game while the sisters watched from a distance.

"Anyways, didn't you want to shoot hoops, too?"

Chaewon reminded her sister as Chaeyeon nodded.

"I did, but it was crowded by the high schoolers earlier and they kept playing on it. Now, well..."

She trailed off while glancing at the two males surrounded by admirers.

"There's a cheering crowd due to those two and I don't want to be around that."

"That's true."

"Besides, I don't want to ruin their fun."

"Hmm, me either. They both look like little kids."

"Because you said that, now I feel like I'm babysitting. I'm too old for that."

"Technically, we are since we dragged them away from joining Yiseul and Jimin's birthday dinner."

"Ah, right. We did."

Both women laughed at the thought of their child-like bosses.

"Either way, those two need their alone time and I guess it's not a bad sacrifice to give up for Yiseul for one night."

"Yeah, very much so. Hopefully they're having fun."

"Me, too."

Chaeyeon then remembered something.

"We haven't had dinner. Let's go get some."

"Okay, but you have to go and tell them though."

Chaewon smiled playfully as Chaeyeon groaned causing Chaewon to laugh.

"Can't we go first and then come back for them?"

"No."

"It's not like they'll notice."

"They might."

"But they might not."

"Didn't you say that you were their babysitters earlier?"

"I did, but their like two grown men, Won."

"And our bosses, Yeon. Did you forget that bit?"

"Not, but ugh. Fine."

Before Chaeyeon could even decide when to go up to the two males, another male duo came up to them.

"You ladies wanna have fun tonight somewhere else?" One of them asked as both sisters declined in unison.

"No."

"Aww, c'mon, don't be that way." The second male cooed in a disgusting manner while he and the other male put an arm around each female.

"Don't touch me please."

Both sisters shrugged off their arm while smacking it away from them and shooting them a disgusted look.

"We're fine. Please leave us alone." Chaewon informed them with a firm tone.

"Oh, c'mon. It'll just be a few drinks." The second guy tried again, but Chaewon shook her head.

"No, thanks. Go have fun just the two of you. We're not interested."

"Seriously," Chaeyeon glared at both males, "Please leave us alone."

"Hey, we asked nicely, so why not come and join us?" The first male persisted as both sisters rolled their eyes.

"And we declined nicely, so why not leave us the alone?" Chaeyeon countered.

"We're not leaving without a 'yes'."

At that moment, both males grabbed the females' upper arms to pull them along, but in self-defense the sisters quickly took a hold of the males' wrists with their other hand and twisted it to break their hold on them. A moment later the males found themselves with their arm bent behind their back instead as the two women kicked the back of their thighs to make them sit on their knees before shoving them forward to the ground. The duo groaned in pain as those around them continued to watch in silence since the whole interaction.

"Some people just don't learn." Chaeyeon muttered to herself as Chaewon agreed.

" yeah they don't."

"What happened?"

"Are you two alright?"

The sisters turned to face their worried bosses.

"Um, yeah, we're fine."

"Just some s being persistent."

The pair responded in a nonchalant manner.

"Anyways, um, Chaewon and I were thinking of getting dinner right now. Are y'all done playing?"

"Yeah."

Taehyung and Jungkook still glanced from the two sisters and the two men, confused, but they would inquired more during dinner.

"Great. Let's go."

The quartet quickly left the arcade and went to eat at a nearby restaurant. Once settled did the two men ask for the full story and two women explained how the situation from earlier even occured. Jungkook and Taehyung were relieved that Chaewon and Chaeyeon weren't harm, but nevertheless it did make them worry. The female pair reassured their bosses that they were fine, but would be careful next time if it ever happen again. Soon the four continued to converse about other topics while eating until it grew late to continue. The two men escorted the two women home and bid one another good night and that they'll see each other tomorrow for work.

"Ugh. How many more dresses is left for her to try on?"

Chaeyeon found herself at Lady Black Tie along with Chaewon, helping Haneul with her engagement dress selection a couple days later on a late Friday afternoon. Everyone had other matters to attend to and only the Lee sisters were available.

"I mean, she's only tried on like fifteen, Yeon, and usually it's thirty-something." Chaewon remarked with a laugh.

"Besides, at least it's just the three of us and the others aren't around to dress us up."

"I know, but knowing Haneul though, she might try after she chooses the one since she's been dressing us since her birthday."

"True. Also, the engagement party's on the fourth of next month."

"Still seems too soon for my taste."

"What do you think?"

Their attention were drawn towards Haneul in another flowing white floor-length gown, but it was a satin flowy A-line style that had an open front leg slit, an open back, and a v-neckline.

"Wow. You look beautiful, Haneul." Chaewon complimented first with Chaeyeon nodding.

"Yes, Haneul, I agree with Chaewon. You look very stunning."

Chaeyeon seemed slightly concerned.

"But the weather has gotten cooler and colder when night falls. Will you be okay?"

"Oh, yeah. The venue is well insulated and will be heated to keep the cold out. So we'll be fine."

Haneul beamed happily with her friends' compliments while twirling.

"Anyways, I'm picking this one. It has gotten the best response form you two"

The sisters sighed in relief, believing it was over now.

"Now, it's y'all turn."

Chaeyeon groaned as Haneul laughed.

"Please, I swear it won't take that long unlike last time. I think."

Chaeyeon groaned again as Chaewon laughed this time around.

"Hey, do you wanna come to a group date with me?"

Chaeyeon had just made herself comfortable upon her bed when Chaewon had asked her the question.

"Not really."

It was just the two of them at home as Haneul had left somewhere else after shopping at the boutique and wouldn't be home until tomorrow. As for the other two, Yiseul and Noeul were still tied up with their previous matters and also wouldn't be home until tomorrow.

"Why?"

Chaewon scanned her phone before explaining.

"I don't know if you remember Chaerin, my lead at work and friend, but she asked me to join her, her cousin, and their friends for a group date."

"I remember her, but okay. Nah, I'm good, but you can go."

"Yeah, that's the thing. Two of her cousin's friends bailed on their group date and even if I did go, they're missing one more person."

"You can invite your other friends."

Chaeyeon turned the other way to dismiss the subject.

"I'm tryna sleep here."

"C'mon. You know that I don't like going somewhere alone."

"But you have Chaerin there with you."

"Yeah, but still. Just tag along for a bit and then we can leave."

"Nah. Last time you said that, we didn't leave right away. Ask your other friends."

"Nah. Besides you're easier to ask then them since you're not doing anything right now or for the rest of the day."

"I am doing something. I'm tryna sleep and for who knows how long."

Chaeyeon could feel her bed shaking, knowing Chaewon was shaking it with her feet. Chaeyeon sighed heavily, knowing she'll agreed now.

"Ugh, fine, but I ain't dressing up."

"What's got your attention, Jungkook?"

The question brought Jungkook's attention to Jimin as he caught his friend's teasing eyes.

"You've been distracted for a while now."

"I thought I saw someone familiar or some persons just now."

Jungkook's gazed focused on Taehyung a second later.

"Hey, do you see Chaewon's sister over at that large table, too?"

"Huh?"

Taehyung briefly glanced over before nodding and returning to his meal.

"Yeah, I believe so."

Jimin scoffed while shifting his gaze towards the large table before focusing his eyes on Taehyung.

"You believe so?"

"Mmhmm."

Taehyung cast his friends a look. It was just the trio having dinner after speaking and meeting with clients. The others were still busy with their own business matters.

"I can't really see her face, so I can't say for sure if it's Chaeyeon, but the backside looks like hers though."

Jimin eyed his friend, amused.

"That's unusual to say."

Taehyung shrugged nonchalantly.

"I don't think so."

Jimin ignored him and looked at Jungkook.

"So what? You see Chaewon over there, too?"

"Yeah. Chaerin, too. I dunno the others, but I think one of them is her cousin."

Both peered over at the large group again.

"Ah!"

Jimin suddenly exclaimed causing the other two to stared at him in shocked.

"They're probably on a group date."

"Group date?"

The other two cast their eyes over to the table as Jimin nodded with a smile.

"Mmhmm. Seems like they're having fun."

"Ohhh!"

Came the loud cheers of the those at the table of the large party that the Lee sisters occupied with Chaerin and her cousin, Soohyun. Along with three others, Yeojin, Eunbi, and Lena, from the same university as Soohyun and Chaerin. Joining them were seven young men, Jongchan, Dongyoon, Jaehan, Seunghyuk, Minjae, Eunjun, and Seunghyun, of another university. Chaeyeon didn't realize it would

Please log in to read the full chapter