three.

CEO Love [incomplete, hiatus]
Please log in to read the full chapter

"I can't believe we're back in Jeju again." Chaeyeon grumbled as she and the other four arrived in Seogwipo a few weeks later.

"I can't believe I let y'all talked me into doing this again for another person's birthday party I don't know."

"Oh, you'll live." Chaewon remarked with a laugh as she glanced at the trio.

"What's the accommodation like this time around?"

"We are staying at the Lotte Jeju Artvillas." Yiseul answered with a smile.

"It's not that far from where the party will be held. It's amazing."

"What? No way. Which room?"

"The Lee Jongho one."

"Nice. I always wanted to stay at that one."

"Of course you do." Chaeyeon muttered.

"Anyway," Noeul re-directed the topic, "The party will be held at the Lotte Skyhill Country Club."

"Ooh, nice. Can't wait to check that out."

Chaewon smiled at all the places while Chaeyeon groaned.

"Can I opt out of this friendship?"

Yiseul laughed as he wrapped an arm around her shoulder.

"I get you, but it's not that bad."

"Yeah, I konw."

"Anyways, let's get settled in first. The party's not until tomorrow." Haneul suggested as the others agreed.

"That's a lot of land." Chaeyeon commented when the group of friends arrived at their destination the next day.

"Is it a golf course?"

"Yeah, something like that. I don't really like golf so I'm not sure." Noeul answered.

Chaewon scanned all the green and the clubhouse itself.

"It's gonna take at least all day to tour this place or something."

"Well, luckily, we're staying for an extra three days. We can do some exploring." Haneul informed them while casting the duo a playful smile.

"Don't worry. I already informed your bosses about it and they've allowed the free days."

"I don't know how to feel about that." Chaeyeon commented while slightly scowling.

"This feels all too accommodating."

Haneul hooked arms with Chaeyeon while nuzzling against her playfully.

"Aww, don't be that way, Chaeyeon. I just wanna hang out more."

"Basically that's all you wanna do besides dressing us up."

"Of course. I mean, it's an update in your wardrobe, too."

"I like my wardrobe."

"So do I." Chaewon agreed, but grinned.

"But I love all these lovely dresses, too."

"Of course you would."

Chaeyeon mumbled a bit grumpily while messing with her dress. The quintet each wore a different colored sweetheart neckline and embroidered cap sleeve midi dress with a handkerchief hem skirt that fell just below the knee along with beige colored heels. Chaewon in steel blue, Yiseul in golden yellow, Haneul in white, Chaeyeon in emerald green, and Noeul in black.

"C'mon."

Noeul urged as she led the way.

"Let's head on in and greet the birthday boy."

"I'm pretty sure the mother remembered us." Chaewon mentioned once they were done greeting the Chung family.

Chaeyeon laughed as she looked at them.

"I'm pretty sure it's because of the son."

"I know right. He straight up hugged y'all and kissed the two of you on the cheeks." Noeul commented with a pout.

"I've known him longer and he's never done that to me."

"I'm sure it's because he knows you're off the market." Yiseul reasoned with a chuckle.

Noeul scowled.

"I am not off the market."

"Right."

"Anyways," Haneul directed the topic elsewhere, "We gotta claim our reserved dances with you-know-who."

"Reserved dances again?" Chaeyeon whined.

"Seriously? I don't think it's a good idea since I got a lot of angry stares directed at me last time."

"Yeah, I remember this one lady glaring at me when I danced with those guys associated with C-E-O Jeon." Chaewon recalled with a sour taste in .

"Especially when she wanted to dance with him, but we had our reserved dances then and she couldn't dance with him. Even after he danced with me he had other things to tend to so wasn't available."

Chaewon laughed.

"Boy, was she fuming."

"Wasn't that lady practically the same age as his mom or grandmother?" Chaeyeon asked with a disgusted look.

"I think she gave me the stink eye, too."

"I think so."

"Forget her and those jealous people."

Haneul dismissed the notion while grinning.

"It's only because they didn't ask them for a dance in time, but either way just have fun."

"Anyways, let's get settled for dinner first rather than dancing later." Yiseul reminded them while leading the way to the restaurant area.

"The local dishes here are heavenly and the abalone horned turban bibimbap is my favorite."

While the group were enjoying their dinner they overheard a table over from them that the party's band wouldn't be able to play due to two of it's members getting food poisoning. The friends were gonna mind their business unable to help until Noeul had a great idea to help them out when she further heard which instruments the other two missing members played.

"Hey, I know two people who can play the bass and drums for y'all."

Yiseul cast Chaeyeon a sympathetic look.

"I think you and I should find a way to opt out of this friendship."

Chaewon chuckled while leaning in towards them.

"I mean, Yeon does play the bass and I do play drums, doesn't hurt to help out."

Chaeyeon scoffed as she glanced over at Yiseul.

"Do you know if I can substiute my sister though?"

"Stop."

Yiseul chuckled while playfully smacking Chaeyeon's forearm.

The sisters ended up playing with the band after practicing with them for an hour or so after learning it was near the end of the party. They didn't mind as it would let them not participate in the reserved dancing. Anyways, during their maneuvering a few microphones came into contact with some of the guests unexpectedly. Somehow secrets were revealed that caused chaos amongst them. It was not a pretty sight as arguments erupted and later all were physically attacking one another with some of the other guests joining in. At the same time the sisters abandoned their instruments before running off stage not wanting to be a part of the mess. The sisters ran in different directions to avoid moving as a pair. Unfortunately each became surrounded by the guests.

"It's all your fault!!"

"My fault?"

Each one try to figure out another way to out of their unpleasant circumstances.

"I'm gonna make you pay."

Just as the man rushed towards them, each felt a hand slip into theirs and pull them away.

"C-E-O Jeon, sir?"

"C-E-O Kim, sir?"

Surprised, each gazed at their unexpected savior wondering why they were even there in the first place.

"What are you doing here?"

"Noeul sent me."

"Oh."

"Let's go."

He tugged her along behind him as the accusers backed off. They made their way out through one of the many side doors to the open rest area, passing the open gates, and towards the grass. Unfortunately the pairs got caught among the sprinklers and became instantly drenched. The two males draped their wet suit jackets around the two females' bodies out of respect. They were thanked for their thoughtfulness although each woman hurriedly ran off back to the Artvillas despite the short distance. The suit jackets were immediately returned the day after next through a delivery service this time around instead of in person unlike last time.

"I think y'all should have done it in person." Noeul commented once the trio returned home from their trip.

"I mean, the both of y'all could have talked it over coffee or something."

"I hate coffee." Chaeyeon remarked as Noeul rolled her eyes.

"Or something."

Chaeyeon scoffed, but didn't respond.

"Anyways, does it matter?"

Chaewon looked at the group with a curious look.

"The jackets were returned and Chaeyeon and I didn't get sick from the sprinklers."

"Luckily, neither did Taehyung and Jungkook." Yiseul interjected.

"Good thing, too, because these two would have tried to get y'all to take care of them or something."

"Oh, that would've been cute." Haneul gushed with a dreamy look.

"Feeding them soup and the whole wet towel and such."

Chaeyeon threw a pillow at her.

"Please, stop. I have to indirectly interact with him tomorrow."

Chaewon scoffed.

"Better than me. I have to see my boss' face tomorrow morning and still be in the same vicinity as him."

"Actually, this might work out better than I thought." Noeul mumbled more to herself than the others.

Both sisters threw a pillow at her as Noeul put up her arms to block the attack with a laugh.

"Sorry, not sorry."

Chaewon sleepily jerked awake upon hearing her ringtone going off. It took her a moment or two to understand what's going on before reaching a hand to take a hold of her mobile device above her head. She checked the caller ID before answering Chaerin's phone call.

"Hi, Chaerin. What's up?"

"I know it's late and that you just returned several hours ago, but could you come to the office earlier than normal tomorrow morning?" Chaerin asked over the phone.

"Um, yeah. I can. How early?"

"An hour or two early. I just need to discuss two events with you that will occur on the same day and are very important."

"Ah, okay. What kinda events? Client related or something?"

"Um, not client related. It's something else and I'd rather speak with you in person about it so discussion goes better face to face."

"Oh, um, okay. That's fine. Anything else?"

"Nope, but thank you. See you tomorrow morning, Chaewon."

"See you, too, Chaerin."

The pair bid good night before hanging up. Chaewon returned to sleep after adjusting her alarm clock to accommodate the new time.

"Ahh, I should've gotten something before coming here."

Chaeyeon sighed as she looked about the apartment and explored the fridge and cupboards.

"I dunno if there's anything I like here or want to eat."

Chaeyeon sighed while closing the fridge.

"I knew I should've picked up something on my way here."

Chaeyeon flopped onto the couch just as Yeontan barked. Chaeyeon momentarily forgot about the pomeranian and glanced down from her spot on the sofa towards the small being. He looked up at her with bright eyes and tongue sticking out.

"I'm not taking you anywhere besides going on your daily walks."

Yeontan barked as if to disagree.

"No. Your walk isn't in until two hours."

Yeontan barked again as if to reason with her.

"Secretary Lee told me that you've been misbehaving and your papa has given you a time out from exploring besides the walks."

The furry critter barked once again as Chaeyeon sighed.

"Hey, I don't make the rules. I work for you dad, not you."

Yeontan slightly growled and Chaeyeon raised a brow.

"Nope. That's not gonna work on me."

Yeontan switched to whining and whimpering while trotting about her feet.

"I'll think about it."

Chaeyeon turned her head, moved her body away, and went to playing on her phone. She actually did think about it as she might give in to Yeontan this one time if she found something to grab to eat in a few minutes.

"So you want me to plan the birthday engagements for C-E-O Jeon, right?" Chaewon confirmed with Chaerin.

"Yes, that's correct."

"Wouldn't there be like a big birthday party celebration or something?"

"No. Jungkook hasn't had a grand celebration for eight years now."

"Oh, really?"

"Yeah, he and the others just aren't into all that stuff anymore."

"I see."

"Yeah, the office celebration is easy."

"But what about the dinner one?"

Chaerin thought about it.

"Hmm, well, he mentioned that he hadn't had a home cooked meal in a very long time so maybe a home cooked meal. I'll give you Junghyun's number to discuss further about it since the brothers haven't had time to spend much together."

"Okay. As for the meal. Like catering or chef cooking?"

Chaewon suggested, although she wasn't sure that was what Chaerin had in mind.

"No, like, he's active in making his meal."

Chaewon's raised a brow.

"Couldn't he normally do that himself right now?"

Chaerin sighed while rubbing her forehead.

"Honestly, I'm not sure. For the last eight years I've been planning it and I'm running out of ideas."

Chaewon patted Chaerin's thigh in assurance.

"No worries. I don't mind taking over and planning something."

"Thank you, Chaewon. Here's Junghyun's number. I'll let him know that you'll be giving him a call, too."

Chaerin handed Chaewon a post-it note as the latter accepted the small piece of paper.

"You're welcome and thank you."

She cast Chaerin an anxious look.

"I have less than two weeks and I hope it goes well."

"I'm sure it will and I apologize for the late notice. I didn't realize with all the work until a few days ago."

"It's all good. Now, should I focus on working the birthday details or would you like me to help you out?"

"Hmm, everything looks so good in person."

Chaeyeon scanned the menu and display while standing inside the shop, Beard Papa's, with Yeontan in hand. Luckily the animal was calm and the shop allowed her to bring him in without issues. She mused that he was behaving well to get what he wanted. Still, Chaeyeon decided to take Yeontan out early for his morning walk to grab something sweet as she really wanted to eat something.

"Maybe I'll grab two chocolate fondants with one being plain and the other with green tea."

Yeontan barked softly as if to respond to Chaeyeon's questions to herself. She peered down at the dog with an amused smile.

"You do know that I can't really feed you any of this, right?"

A soft growled was heard, but silenced when Chaeyeon gave him a firm gaze. She petted the pomeranian while thinking out loud again.

"We'll pick up something else for you."

Yeontan barked to hold her to her words. She chuckled while scanning the menu again.

"Maybe I'll grab a vanilla and chocolate filling choux creams on top of the fondants, too."

"Ooh, maybe I should order some choux creams for the office on that day, too."

Chaewon admired the photos that Chaeyeon had shared in the group chat of the treats she had just bought. She quickly jotted down a quick note among her sheets of paper for Jungkook's birthday.

"Hmm, now it's just deciding which kind of cake."

Chaewon spoke to herself as she thought out loud.

"Chaerin said that he likes all types of cake, but couldn't remember which one was his actual favorite."

She sighed.

"Should I just choose a random one or should I ask? I mean it is his cake."

Chaewon wrote down a few flavors that most people enjoy eating.

"Can't go wrong with vanilla or chocolate. Still, cheesecake, red velvet, and fruity ones are quite popular, too."

She rubbed her face after putting down her pen.

"This shouldn't be that hard. Hmm, I could ask his brother. Junghyun did say to ask him if I need help."

She stared up at the ceiling while exhaling in thought.

"Ms. Lee."

Chaewon sat upright and became full alert upon hearing her boss' voice a moment later.

"Uh, yes, C-E-O Jeon?"

She stood while facing him.

"How may I help you?"

"Have you seen Chaerin. She isn't answering my calls and no one else in the office has seen her."

"Ah. She went to meet the clients, Jang Seungyeon and Kim Seolhyun, for lunch per your orders from this morning."

"Oh, right."

Jungkook nodded while looking away thoughtfully as Chaewon observed him.

"Do you want me to try and get in touch with her?"

"Um, no, no. Both are very important clients and Chaerin's best at what she does."

Jungkook shot her a smile before staring at her curiously. Chaewon became shy under the stare.

"Yes, sir?"

"Y'know, Yeontannie, I never had to walk this much until I started taking care of you."

Chaeyeon and Yeontan were out for his second walk around the park.

"Three times a day for five days out of the week. That's a lot."

The pomeranian walked on like he didn't know what she was talking about as he enjoyed the scenery around him. Chaeyeon shook her head as she gazed about her wondering if she should eat the rest of the choux creams or grab something else to snack on. On the same block just a few feet away her eyes caught sight of Jaeshin outside of a restaurant as he glanced at its door every now and then.

"Hmm, maybe it's a client and he's worried."

Jaeshin smoothed his hair back before doing the same with his clothes.

"Or not and it's a date of sorts probably."

At that moment Jaeshin's head turned in Chaeyeon's direction and the two immedi

Please log in to read the full chapter