four.

CEO Love [incomplete, hiatus]
Please log in to read the full chapter

"Hey, why didn't you tell us that you were in charge of Jungkook's office birthday?" Noeul questioned Chaewon when she entered the cafe.

"We could've helped you planned that."

Chaewon eyed her friend suspiciously as the pair walked towards the back so that Chaewon could get situated.

"How do you know that?"

"Oh, um, I saw the papers on your desk when I went into your room to return your small printer."

"Why did you need my small printer?"

"I had to send my sister a package because my parents couldn't do it."

"Right."

"Anyways, what do you have plan tomorrow?" Noeul inquired further as Chaewon eyed her.

"Nothing for you to be concern about."

"But-"

Chaewon interrupted her.

"Why not ask Haneul how her date with Seokjin went? I don't recall her telling us about her date."

"But-"

Chaewon didn't let Noeul continued as she entered the employee's restroom and closed the door in her friend's face with a smirk. Noeul groaned and made a face.

"I was just curious."

"Noeul! I need you to prep more grapefruit, please!"

Haneul's voice ordered from someone and Noeul went back to work.

"Happy birthday, C-E-O Jeon!"

The department wished Jungkook a happy birthday now that it was the first of September as Chaewon and Chaerin each presented their boss a classic cheesecake with fresh berries and balloons.

"Thank you, everyone."

Jungkook thanked his employees with a bright smile. It was a simple birthday celebration in the office of one of the conference rooms with just the workers on the floor present, the two cakes, a variety of puff pastries, and some balloons. Jungkook cut the cake as Chaerin assisted in passing out slices to those that wanted some. Chaewon was no where in sight and had snuck off as she was supposed to help out, too.

"Where's Ms. Lee, Ms. Park?" Jungkook asked Chaerin as she shrugged.

"Not sure, sir. Would you like me to go search for her?"

"Ah, no. Just take care of things here. I'll be taking this to my office. Thank you."

Jungkook took a plate as he left the room to return to his own office. On his way he happened to catch Chaewon acting suspicious with a plain brown bag containing something while heading from the break room to her own shared office with Chaerin while checking her surrounding to see if anyone was around. She hadn't seen him and he quirk a brow wondering what was going on. Jungkook slowly followed after his employee and caught the door before it could close with his free hand. He watched as Chaewon set the bag onto her desk next to another plain brown bag before opening that one with a cheery hum.

"Ooh, the packaging is so pretty. Nice, Piaf. Very nice."

Chaewon cooed as she pulled out two small rectanglular boxes. She became giddy with anticipation. One box was a light brown and the other box was a dark brown with both having a golden bow on it as decoration.

"Hmm, which one should I keep for myself though? He won't know. Let me check them both out."

Chaewon ended up opening both packages carefully as she observed the chocolate sweets in them.

"Oh, there the same."

She picked up one of the chocolatly sweet and savored the flavor.

"Oh, this is good. Tiramisu."

Just as Chaewon had picked up a second one she heard her boss' voice from behind.

"So, Melanie, are you gonna share?"

"No." She immediately answer, but then cast him a confused look upon him using her English name,

The door was wide open with Jungkook casually leaning against the door frame with a playful look. Chaewon recovered with a clumsy smile.

"Um, anyways," She placed the chocolate back in it's previous place, "Well, this one is actually yours, sir."

Chaewon packaged up the other box nicely and presented it to Jungkook.

"Happy birthday, sir."

"Oh. Thank you. I was just joking."

Jungkook tentatively took the offered item from his employee with his free hand.

"You're welcome and I figured, but it's okay. Consider it a birthday present from me to you."

Jungkook cast her another smile with a nod as Chaewon watched him leave before turning around to check the contents of the other bag.

"Now the other goodies from Macaron Couture."

Chaewon pulled out a smaller, thicker and longer darkish blue rectangluar box. It contained six macarons inside all individually packaged.

"Melanie."

Chaewon became alert upon hearing the familiar voice and swiveled around to face Jungkook as he had used her English name again. Although she wondered why her boss was using her English name so casually compare to when he addressed her by her surname. Still, she didn't want to question him at the moment.

"Yes, sir?"

An amused smile graced his lips as he eyed her macarons before glancing at her. Chaewon discreetly reached into the same bag that held the macarons to pull out a smaller packaged giftset with three different macarons inside. She presented it towards him with a polite smile.

"Here you go, sir. Happy birthday again. Another birthday gift for you."

They weren't supposed to be a gift. Those were supposed to be for Chaeyeon, but Chaewon would buy her sister another one later. Anyways, Jungkook chuckled, but plucked the item from out of her hand with a thankful look.

"That's not why I'm here, but thank you."

"You're welcome, sir, but then why are you here?"

"My brother messaged me and he wants to know if you're free to meet him in an hour."

"Oh, okay. Cool. I'll send Junghyun a message in a bit."

Jungkook cast her a curious glance when she casually used his brother's name like they were close.

"When did the two of you become close?"

Chaewon didn't know how to answer clearly since she only interacted with him due to Gureum the first time. Then since Chaerin assigned her to take care of Jungkook's dinner party with Junghyun, Chaewon has been in touch with her boss' older brother to plan it. Over their meetings and messaging, the two became fast friends. She had forgotten they were supposed to meet the other day and had rescheduled it for another time. She figured it must be about that and went with a partial truth.

"It's because I took care of Gureum that day."

"I see. Anyways, he'll call for you when he arrives if you don't get a chance to contact him."

"Alright. Thank you, sir."

Jungkook smiled once before leaving. Chaewon made sure that her boss left for sure before glancing at the macarons with a smile.

"Now, time to try these out."

"Here's the Green Mile and the Fine Tiramisu."

A staff set the two plates of souffle-like pancakes on to the table that Chaewon and Junghyun occupied as the duo met for a late brunch at Paul in Pancake.

"Thank you."

The pair took their first bite before discussing tonight's plans.

"So, I've limited the places to five spots and have already set up reservations for each place."

Chaewon placed a piece of paper in front of Junghyun.

"Whichever one you decide to dine in I'll cancel the other four although I'm sure C-E-O Jeon may have wanted to do the cooking himself."

"Lovely and I'm sure he did, but I don't want to try his cooking and just want him to have a relaxing night tonight. So thank you."

"I see and you're welcome."

Junghyun picked up the paper to read the contents before shooting her a teasing look.

"You visited these places in one day?"

"What? No. It took some time, but my sister did a majority of the visits. She had the free time and accompanied her to a few of these."

"Ah, I see. Well, thank you both."

Junghyun ate his souffle while choosing which place he wanted to have dinner with his brother for Jungkook's birthday.

"If you don't mind me asking, but couldn't you have discussed this with C-E-O Jeon?" Chaewon asked a moment later.

"I mean, Chaerin mentioned that she has taken care of the matter since she started, but wouldn't it have been easier to do on your own?"

"It is, but Jungkook always finds out and it's slightly annoying to know that he already knows what's being planned." Junghyun answered with a laugh before setting the paper down and looking at Chaewon.

"Out of these places, which one did you enjoy the most?"

Chaewon chuckle.

"I like them all."

Junghyun chuckled along with her.

"I don't think that's gonna help me with a final decision, Chaewon."

"Hmm, true. Hmm, let's see."

Chaewon then listed what she liked at each restaurant and her experience there. She also spoke the experiences from Chaeyeon's point of view to help him out as well. Junghyun listened intently as he went about debating which one would suit both his and his brother's taste.

"I think Ichie would be a perfect spot for Jungkook and I to have dinner for his birthday tonight."

Junghyun decided on the final spot.

"Nice. Final answer?" Chaewon teased as Junghyun nodded.

"Yes. Final answer."

"Alright. I'll call the other four restaurants to cancel the reservations and re-confirm the one for Ichie for a party of two."

"Thanks a lot, Chaewon."

"You're welcome, Junghyun."

The pair enjoyed the rest of their dessert and talk before bidding one another goodbye with both returning to work. Later that night Junghyun sent her a message that the birthday dinner was a success and to thank her again. Chaewon felt relieved, but groaned when Chaerin messaged her some time later that she would be in charge of further birthday events for the company. She did not sign up for this, but a job was a job and it was definitely a lot better than her previous one. Later the friends were having dinner at home did Chaewon let slipped that Jungkook had used her English name so casually. Noeul and Haneul which Chaewon shut them down. The two pouted leaving the others to giggle.

"I'm just glad we're not flying off for another birthday celebration and it's still in Seoul." Chaeyeon remarked despite fussing with her dress.

"Although I could've done without another fancy dress to add to my so-called fashion wardrobe."

"You'll live."

Came Chaewon's response with a laugh as she cast her sister with a cheeky expression.

"Obviously since I'm still here."

Chaeyeon huffed with a roll of her eyes while the others laughed at the sisters' interaction.

"Besides, this hotel is amazing."

"It's just a hotel."

"It's the Four Seasons Hotel and very nice."

Chaeyeon just eyed her sister.

"Oh, c'mon, Chaeyeon, I'll be by your side the whole time." Yiseul informed her as she hooked arms with her friends.

"So, no worries."

"Besides," Noeul interjected with a grin, "It's Namjoon's birthday. Not sure if you remember him or whatever, but he's a close friend to Yoongi, Seokjin, and Jimin since it's a smaller event than other ones y'all attended, it'll be more cozy."

"Definite cozy."

Chaeyeon had her suspicion.

"Namjoon's close friends will be here and you can also meet Kyungmin, his little sister. She's hosting the party."

"Yay."

Chaeyeon was not amused, but everyone just laughed as Haneul attached herself to Chaeyeon's other side.

"Besides, you're looking so gorgeous that Taehyung may be jealous if someone else catches your attention."

On behalf of Haneul once again, the group of five wore an a-line sleeveless satin mid-open scoop back slit gown with tie spaghetti shoulder strap support along with matching heels and chokers just like they wore for Haneul's birthday celebration, but without the feathered masks. Chaewon wore the color smoky blue, Noeul wore the color dusty pink, Chaeyeon wore the color sage, Yiseul wore the color blush, and Haneul wore the color burgundy.

"Please. Stop."

Chaeyeon eyed her friend.

"There's really nothing going on, anyways."

"Not yet, anyways."

Chaeyeon nudged Haneul away as Yiseul laughed while tugging her friend along with her from the scheming duo.

"They're way too chummy with them and they're even on first name base." Noeul commented upon seeing her friends with two other young men.

"If this keeps up, then they might not have time to dance with Jungkook or Taehyung."

Yiseul chuckled beside her.

"Well, Noeul, forcing isn't always the best method and I'm sure it was you who told them to go and dance with Soobin and Yeonjun."

Noeul scowled before responding.

"It's not forcing, Yiseul, but like a nudge. Besides, I didn't expect for Chaewon to get along with Soobin and Chaeyeon with Yeonjun."

Noeul grumbled as Yiseul laughed while watching her friends having a good time.

"Luckily this small engagement isn't as overwhelming. I know it can get too much when parents are involve. Kyungmin did good."

"She sure did."

"Speaking of forcing in a sense as well as engagement, there's something I have to announce to the two of you."

Haneul spoke to direct the attention elsewhere with a small chuckle. The pair cast their friend a curious look.

"Seokjin and I came to the full agreement that the two of you would host my engagement party along with Jimin and Yoongi. Those two confirmed their participation."

"Do you think they'll make a good couple?"

"Huh?"

Soobin and Chaewon were sharing a dance as he asked her about a random couple dancing a few feet away from them. He repeated his question with a curious yet amused look.

"I asked if those two make a good couple."

"Uh, maybe?"

"You don't think they make a good couple, Chaewon?"

He cast her a dimple smile yet Chaewon wasn't so sure if he was being serious or not.

"I mean, they look nice together, Soobin, but I don't really know them that well to judge."

"I see. Well, if it helps, Taehyun has liked Arin for some time now, too."

"So, you know them and just wanted to tease me?"

Soobin chuckled with Chaewon joining in.

"Something like that, yes. Anyways,  the two have liked one another for a while now, but Arin has liked him since we were younger. Her heart-eyes were so obvious whenever he was around and I would always say that I was going to tell him, but didn't."

"Wow. Don't be mean, Soobin. Arin is a sweet girl for what I know so far since meeting her today, but you need to stop teasing her."

Chaewon chuckled as Soobin grinned.

"I'm not and she is a sweetheart. Hope that Taehyun treats her well if either of them confess."

"Me, too."

"By the way, Chaewon," Soobin began as Chaewon hummed.

"Hmm?"

"Does Rainbow Dessert Cafe sell a lot of good bread?"

"Oh, yes. Haneul recently started selling some when Chaeyeon kept bringing in bread products from the convenience stores."

"Ah, nice. What's your favorite?"

"I really like the custard one."

The pair continued to talk about the different bread items of Rainbow Dessert Cafe as they continued dancing.

"What's your favorite dog breed?" Yeonjun asked Chaeyeon as the pair share a dance.

"I don't have a favorite one, but I like them all. You?"

"Welsh corgis."

"Oh, they're pretty adorable."

"Mmhmm. Any other favorite animals?"

"Can't really say. It's been wolves, penguins, red panda, and the regular panda since I was young and even to now. All animals are cute. You?"

"Pandas as well."

"Nice.

"How about your favorite color?"

Chaeyeon eyed him.

"Why are you asking these questions, Yeonjun?"

Yeonjun shrugged.

"To past time, CHaeyeon. Besides, it's weird dancing in silence so I liked talking."

"I bet."

Chaeyeon laughed as she answered his question.

"I don't really have a favorite color, but I do like pastel colors the most. You?"

"Purple and blue."

"Wow, pretty direct, aren't you?"

"Obviously, unlike you who doesn't have a specific answer."

"And your point is?"

Yeonjun cast her a knowing look.

"Tell me that you at least have a favorite fruit or something?"

Chaeyeon chuckled responding with a vague answer causing the male to groan.

"I like apples. Can't you say something like that?"

"No."

The pair continued their dance with Chaeyeon enjoying herself as Yeonjun kept asking her all sorts of questions but receiving vague answers.

"Um, sorry about Noeul." Chaewon apologized to the birthday boy, Namjoon, as the pair shared a dance.

"She's pretty persistent and doesn't know when to quit."

Namjoon chuckled with a nod.

"Yeah, that sounds like Noeul for you, but no worries, Lee Chaewon. I really don't mind."

"Ah, you can call me just Chaewon. Friend of friends."

"Alright, Chaewon, then you can call me Namjoon in return."

"Cool. Namjoon."

"Anyways, thank you for coming tonight."

Chaewon smiled.

"You're welcome and happy birthday by the way."

"Thank you."

"Anyways, your sister, Kyungmin, is a sweet young woman."

"That's good to hear."

She cast him a curious look.

"By the way, Kyungmin expresses interest in working at Rainbow Dessert Cafe when her and I were talking about it when she learned I work there, but she's too busy traveling in and out of country."

"Oh, right. She is and Haneul's aunt cafe. I thought you only worked with Jungkook."

"I do. The cafe was my first job before working at his company as my main job. The cafe is now more of a second job."

"I see. Do you enjoy working there? The cafe I mean, but you can complain to me if Jungkook is being a horrible boss."

Namjoon joked as Chaewon laugh.

"C-E-O Jeon is a wonderful boss and Chaerin and I get along well. I'm grateful for her."

"Ah, yes, Chaerin. She always had a level-headedness about her. I think that's why Jungkook doesn't have to worry much as before since he has someone he can rely on. The same with you."

"I believe so, too. Anyways, as for the cafe it's an exciting environment and I get to indulged in the items we served there."

"Oh? What's your favorite thing to eat or drink there?"

The small chit chat helped to ease into comfortability.

"Hmm, it's tough. Everything is good, but I do like the macaron parfait and the mint chocolate latte."

"You like mint and chocolate as a combination?" Namjoon asked in a disbelieving tone.

"Yeah. Do you not like it?"

Chaewon could hear the distaste in Namjoon's voice for the flavoring, but tried to play it off in a nonchalant manner.

"I'm not fond of it so yes, I don't prefer it."

"Well, to each their own."

"But why wou

Please log in to read the full chapter