two.

CEO Love [incomplete, hiatus]
Please log in to read the full chapter

"Do you want a bagel or a sandwich?" Chaeyeon asked her sister as the two got ready in the early morning for their new second jobs.

After yesterday's events, the sisters had made new commitments in their lives to forge on with. Of course this came about due to Noeul and it just now sunk in to what they were getting themselves in to.

"Um, a bagel." Chaewon answered.

"Okay."

Chaeyeon went about making them a quick breakfast as Chaewon went over the notes she made while being under Chaerin's leadership. The quiet was disrupted by Noeul's voice.

"What are y'all doing up so early? The cafe opens at twelve today."

"Because of you." The sisters answered in unison with a laugh following after.

Noeul wasn't amused, but knew she deserved that.

"My bad. I forgot. Anyways, have fun and do let me know how everything goes."

"No."

Came their reply followed by another laugh as Noeul dismissed the whole thing.

"Yeah, yeah. Take care and see y'all later."

The sisters laughed again as Chaeyeon set Chaewon's bagel in front of her.

"Yeontannie." Chaeyeon cooed as she call for the pomeranian.

She heard his little tippy-taps round the corner of the island as she filmed the scene. He stopped in front of her with a little yap.

"Hi, Yeontannie."

She greeted before giving him a few commands before giving him a treat all the while still filming the interaction.

"Good boy, Yeontannie."

Chaeyeon stopped filming, took a few pictures of the canine, and sent them to Jaeshin like clockwork. The contract stated that a picture or two or so should be sent throughout the day just for a status update. There was no mention of video clips needing to be sent so she kept those for herself and only sent the images.

"I need to stop or my phone's memories are gonna be filled with nothing but you even though you're not even my dog."

She leaned forward to give Yeontan's a few head scratches before sitting upright again.

"But you're so cute that it's hard not to."

Chaeyeon pet-sitted Yeontan in one of Taehyung's apartments. The day she signed the contract to pet-sit Yeontan, Jaeshin had given her the full tour of the place. He informed her of all the amenities she could use if needed as well as places nearby when walking Yeontan. Jaeshin even told her that she could use the spare room of the place, too, if needed. So far Chaeyeon had not used anything besides the living room and kitchen. Mainly because it wasn't her home despite Taehyung allowing her to freely treat it like so due to her caring for Yeontan and spending her time here. Still, she only went about the place if needed and hardly left the apartment except for Yeontan's walks.

"What do you wanna do, Yeontannie?"

The pomeranian wasn't due for another walk in another two hours and in the meantime, Chaeyeon resorted to playing with the furry critter after finishing a movie a few minutes ago. Yeontan barked and Chaeyeon chuckled.

"Alright, another movie it is."

"Ah, yes. Yes, that is correct. Thank you very much."

Chaewon hung up after confirming the lunch order for a meeting in less than two hours. Next she made a call to confirm the number of drinks needed for those a part of the said meeting. Currently, Chaewon shares the office space of Chaerin's and fits both of them. Chaerin believed Chaewon could avoid all the gossip from the other employees as well as that she didn't have an actual desk. Chaewon didn't mind as she could work from the break room or another section of the company, but Chaerin wanted her close by just in case anything occured.

"How's it coming along?" Chaerin asked, returning to the office.

"Great. The food and drinks will be here within fifteen minutes before the meeting happens."

"Wonderful. And the conference room?"

"Conference Room B is all set and ready to go as well as Conference Room F, just in case something occurs. I have also prepared Conference Room H, too"

"Perfect. You're definitely one of my best employees."

Chaewon laughed sheepishly.

"You speak too highly of me, Manager Park."

"Honestly, it's the truth. You listen well and don't give me any trouble. So, thank you."

Chaerin smiled appreciatively as Chaewon shook her head.

"You're very kind, ma'am."

Chaerin's face cringed upon hearing that.

"Between you and me, you can cut the 'ma'am' bit. I dislike it."

"But-"

"Please, I insist. It's like the pressure has lessened since you've started and I'm really grateful for that, Lee Chaewon." Chaerin admitted with a relieved smile.

"Honestly, besides Jungkook, you have become a very reliable and trustworthy person I would like to be good friends with outside of work."

Chaewon smiled with a nod.

"Alright, Chaerin. Got it. Then you can just call me Chaewon."

"Thank you, Chaewon."

"You're welcome, Chaerin."

Chaewon looked about the office before focusing her gaze onto Chaerin.

"So, will there be anything else?"

"Yes."

Chaewon looked expectantly at her colleague as Chaerin didn't elaborate afterwards with an unsure expression.

"Um, what would that be, Chaerin?" Chaewon inquired.

"Are you by chance good with animals?"

Chaeyeon had returned to Taehyung's apartment building after taking Yeontan for his second walk of the day. Before the pair could even reached the elevators, Chaeyeon was stopped by security and the person that worked the front desk.

"Ma'am."

"Yes?"

She gave the two a puzzled look as this was the first time she has been stopped since being here. The security person approached her first.

"May I have your name and room number you live in, please."

"Excuse me?"

Chaeyeon wondered where this was headed.

"Is something the matter, sir?"

"Ms. Yoon," The security guard motioned to the young receptionist, "Believes you're trespassing."

Chaeyeon glanced at the young woman about the same age as her with a curious gaze before focusing on the older man before her.

"I'm a dog-sitter and in the care of this Pomeranian here."

Yeontan barked as if to confirm her word.

"She's lying, sir. This dog is watched by another person. I know since I've worked here for five years, sir."

The woman cast Chaeyeon a disgusted look.

"I've never seen her before."

"Would you like me to call my employer or his secretary, sir?"

"Yes, ma'am as I cannot let you enter the premises. My apologies."

Chaeyeon sighed as she pulled her mobile device from out of her pockets.

"Right. Just give me a moment as they're usually busy."

As Chaeyeon awaited for Jaeshin to pick up, she saw the other woman cast her with a smug look like she had won. Chaeyeon just hoped that this person wasn't a stalker or ex-lover of her boss or the secretary.

"Gureum. Guremmie."

Chaewon called for the white maltese she was in the care of for the time being as it continued to run about the space before running over to her just to evade her a second later.

"C'mere, boy."

She scoffed at the dog's antics knowing full well that the maltese heard her, but was messing with her. Almost as if he read her thoughts he barked while continuing to run about.

"Gureum. Gureummie!"

The pair were at the park after Chaerin had assigned her to care for the dog for a few hours. Chaerin stated that caring for the animal would be easier to handle than the business aspects during the meeting. Chaewon had no complaints and happily accepted caring for the canine. She learned that he belonged to Jungkook and that his brother, Junghyun, usually cared for Gureum. Unfortunately some things had come up and Junghyun had some things to take care of and so needed the dog to be watched until then.

"Gureum!"

Chaewon called for the furball once again in a firm tone and the dog trotted on over, but stayed this time. She only called for the furry critter to mess with him as well and she believed that's why Gureum was messing with her as he knew that fact. Chaewon gave him a few pats and rubs before giving a few commands.

"Sit."

Gureum obeyed.

"Paw."

He gave her his right paw.

"Other paw."

He gave her his left paw this time. Chaewon chuckled at how well-behaved he was. He really reminded her of hers and Chaeyeon's dog, Kirby, back home. She hoped he and their parents were doing well together. She realized it's been a while since she and Chaeyeon had visited home.

"Maybe Yeon and I should give them a visit. What do you think, Gureum?"

She asked Gureum who barked in response as if to say 'yes'. Chaewon smiled and gave the canine another round of rubs, pats, and scratches. At that moment her stomach rumbled and she recalled not having eaten a full breakfast yet and that lunch was nearing.

"Okay, Gureum. How about brunch? Because I know snacks aren't filling."

Gureum barked in agreement and Chaewon leashed him with a smile.

"Good. Let's find one that allows pets."

"My apologies for the inconvenience this afternoon, Ms. Lim." Jaeshin apologized when he came by to relieve Chaeyeon of her duties.

"It's fine, Secretary Lee. I understand the miscommunication, but hopefully nothing like this happens again in the near future."

"No worries about that. I have settled the matter. C-E-O Kim is unaware of he incident as well."

"Oh?"

Chaeyeon's eyebrows furrowed.

"Shouldn't we mention this to him?"

"It's one less thing for him to worry, but if it occurs again, then I'll notify him of the matter."

He shot her a reassuring smile.

"Ah, okay. Thank you."

Chaeyeon crouched down to pet Yeontan.

"Alright, Yeontannie, I have to go now. Be good for Secretary Lee, okay?"

Chaeyeon rubbed the pomeranian a few more times before standing upright again despite Yeontan jumping to get her attention and barking.

"He's all yours, Secretary. Lee, sir."

"Thank you very much, Ms. Lim. Hope he behaved well." Jaeshin thanked her as he glanced down at the furball.

"He always behaves."

Jaeshin didn't comment on her words as Chaeyeon chuckled while bending over to give the furball a few more pats which calmed him.

"Well, as long as I make sure to feed him, give him his walks, and attention every now and then, then he's an angel."

"I'm sure he is."

Chaeyeon smirked upon hearing the undertone meaning of Jaeshin's words.

"Well, I'll see you both tomorrow. I'm off to Rainbow Dessert Cafe."

"See you tomorrow morning, Ms. Lim."

The pair bid goodbye with Chaeyeon waving at Yeontan one last time before exiting the apartment.

"Thank you so much for taking care of Gureum for me, Lee Chaewon."

Jungkook's brother, Junghyun, thanked Chaewon while holding Gureum. Chaewon had returned to the office upon learning that Junghyun wanted to meet there to pick up the maltese.

"It was my pleasure, sir."

Chaewon patted Gureum's head a few times before backing away. Gureum whined a bit at the lack of contact.

"Wow. He's really taken a liking to you."

"Ah, yeah. He reminded me of my own dog back home."

"Well, I hope you get to see your dog again."

"Me, too."

"Alright, Gureum, time to say goodbye."

Junghyun held up one of Gureum's paws to make the dog way goodbye in a sense. Chaewon waved back before seeing the pair off at the elevators. She returned to Chaerin's office space as her lead had something for her to do.

"Seems like you could use a nap." Chaerin commented upon seeing Chaewon's expression as she crashed into the chair.

"He tired me out. I thought he would be a little mellow like my dog back home."

Chaerin chuckled while giving her a pat on the arm.

"How about this? You take a nap to rest up before working on these files. Yeah?"

"Oh, no. I can't do that." Chaewon declined.

"It's fine. You've been working hard these past few weeks trying to keep up with this company so take a well deserved rest."

"Ah, okay. Thank you."

"You're welcome. Anyways, no need to rush either. C-E-O Jeon's in another meeting and the other employees have lots of paperwork to do."

"Okay."

Chaerin cast her a smile before leaving the office, giving time for Chaewon to rest easy until the shift ended before heading to the cafe.

"Hey, on the twenty-seventh of July, make sure to have it off." Noeul informed the sisters as the group of five were closing down the cafe.

"That's like in less than a month. What's up?" Chaewon asked curiously.

"Just a party event." Haneul answered as Chaeyeon eyed them.

"What kind of party?"

"A birthday one."

Noeul shot her a bright smile.

"We'll give you the details later, but just make sure y'all are free."

"What if I don't want to be free?" Chaeyeon countered.

"Then I'll drag you along, anyways."

"Seriously?"

"She's not." Yiseul interjected while shooting Noeul a look who backed off.

"Anyways, it'll be a fun summer vacation and we haven't planned anything for the summer yet."

"Yeah, true. Just let your other boss know, Chaeyeon." Chaewon suggested to her sister as Chaeyeon sighed.

"Okay, fine. I'll let him know, but nothing crazy."

"Does it look like we do crazy?" Both Haneul and Noeul asked as the trio shot them a knowing look.

"Okay, don't answer that." Haneul said before grinning at them.

"But do answer this survey as I want to run it by my aunt to see if she'll approve some new changes."

Haneul handed the quartet a piece of paper while still talking.

"Just get these back to me by the end of the week. If you do have any suggestions, then please don't hesitate to write them out."

Haneul looked at her friends hopefully.

"This is serious and will definitely help this location out since it opened in twenty-thirteen. So, all honesty, please."

A few weeks later the group of five arrived in Seogwipo around late morning while heading to their destination.

"I'm so excited about how this birthday event will go." Chaewon exclaimed with a gleeful look.

"I can't believe we're in Jeju just for a birthday party of someone I don't even know." Chaeyeon complained.

"Oh, you'll live." Her sister remarked while glancing at the rest.

"So who's birthday is it?"

"An heiress also belonging to the HYPE Group." Haneul added with a smile.

"Does that mean the others will be here, too?" Chaeyeon inquired with a knowing look.

"As in these romantic interests of ours that Noeul is so fond of?"

"What? Not even." Noeul dismissed, but grinned mischievously.

"But yes. They'll be here, too, along with the other important people y'all don't really need to care for."

"Anyways, is it an all day event or just in the evening?" Chaewon followed up with.

"Starts in the evening as the family usually celebrates in the morning before the bigger event at night." Yiseul replied.

"It's not that far from here so we'll have time before we go to the Bayhill Pool & Villa that we'll be staying at."

"Ooh, which reminds me."

Noeul's face lit up.

"We reserved one of the villas at the end of the lot from where the party will be held at the main spot. We're staying until the twenty-ninth and leaving that night. Y'all will love it."

She began listing the amenities.

"There's a pool, a jacuzzi, a movie room, and a bunch of other cool stuff."

"I thought we were here for the party only, right?"

Chaeyeon eyed Noeul suspiciously.

"Don't we have to return to work though?"

"Nope. I got that covered." Haneul explained.

"So no need to worry and consider this a vacation of sorts."

The sisters voiced their concerns with other matters.

"I'm supposed to assist Chaerin with clients for building a new recreational area."

"I still have to dog-sit, Yeontan."

"Oh, we've already taken care of those matters for you already." Noeul responded in a nonchalant tone.

"So don't worry about them for the next two days."

"I shouldn't be surprised of all of this accommodation." Chaeyeon commented with a roll of her eyes.

"Yeah, but a little too accommodating. Don't you think so?" Chaewon remarked with a knowing look to her friends.

"Yes, we know." Yiseul replied with a sympathetic smile.

"These two really cannot help themselves."

"I bet." Chaeyeon muttered before noticing the area when the group neared the main building of the Bayhill Pool & Villa.

"We're staying here?"

"Yup." The trio answered.

"It's down that way."

Noeul pointed off in the distance.

"Wait. Aren't there other people here, too?"

Chaewon asked while looking around.

"Like those not attending the birthday celebration?"

"Actually, the parents book the whole place when it's a social function." Yiseul clarified.

"So it's just the family and the guests in attendance staying for the next fe

Please log in to read the full chapter