A Deal

Love Frequency
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A thief, that is what she does for a living. Taeyeon was looking at the bus window while contemplating about her life. Perhaps, she developed some sort of conscience when she saw a family photo on the wallet that she stole from a guy a while ago. Maybe the money from the guy’s wallet was intended for his family’s dinner or his children’s tuition fee for the school. Who knows? But Taeyeon has chosen this path for she has no other choice but to deal with the cold reality. There is no turning back.

She has a job, a part-time one. Singing on the clubs or wherever a gig is. Being a musician was her dream, but the consequences of her action were great. For something she is so good at, she is being paid less. She needed to pay for her rent, her bills are piling up and she needs to send her younger sister to a university. She has to live. So, when an opportunity knocks in, maybe she has a wrong circle of friends, but her friends taught her how to steal. Some steal for drugs and some steal to survive.

She felt someone sat beside her. It was good timing and position to steal, however, Taeyeon doesn’t seem to feel like it.

‘ this conscience.’ Taeyeon thought.

But her mind changed when she saw the person who sat beside her.

‘A girl with an expensive wristwatch.’ Taeyeon mind suddenly had an idea.

She remembered that watch from the magazine she has read days ago, ‘The price of that watch is enough to cover my sister’s fee for this semester.’

The girl was reading a book. Her hair was down covering her face, perhaps too immense in the book she’s reading.

‘But how am I going to steal it?’ Taeyeon was thinking of some sort of a plan for half an hour until she felt a weight on her shoulders.

The girl fell asleep and her hand that has a wristwatch landed on Taeyeon’s lap.

‘Bingo!’ Taeyeon grinned as she eyed the watch on her lap. Slowly, she held the girl’s hand and lift it slightly as she unlocked the wristwatch. The girl shifted a bit and Taeyeon almost has a heart attack. She checked on the girl to see if she was awake but sighed in relief when the girl was still asleep.

It took her a few minutes before she has successfully taken out the watch, she slowly stood up from her seat and was about to leave the girl until a pack of passengers came inside the bus, blocking her way.

“.” She cursed and her heart beat faster, when she thought she’s finally near to going out of the bus, she felt someone held her hand.

It was the girl who owns the wristwatch.

Taeyeon gulped in nervousness. ‘Oh, no.’

“Come with me.” The girl coldly said as she dragged Taeyeon out of the bus.

 

It took a few minutes of silent treatment and a few meters of walking before the girl finally stopped walking, let go of her hand and face her. The girl was wearing a blank expression on her face until she let out her hand. They ended up in a marketplace district.

“My watch, please.” The girl said and Taeyeon never blinked so fast. Her hands started to sweat in fear.

“I-I don’t know what y-you’re talking about, you see…” Taeyeon scratched the back of her head to think of an alibi to say.

“My watch.” The girl’s tone speaks in finality that has a chance to end Taeyeon’s life any time from now. It didn’t add up to Taeyeon’s nerves that a police officer is patrolling the area.

Taeyeon brought out the watch and put it on the girl’s hand as she looked down.

The girl put back her watch in her hand where it belongs.

“I…I’m sorry.” Taeyeon apologized, maybe not just for this girl, but also for other people she stole stuff with.

“If you’re going to live your life, try doing it right.” The girl said as Taeyeon looked up, she saw the girl read a passage from the book she’s reading to her.

‘What a weird girl… Should I escape? She’s not even looking.’

Taeyeon was about to run but the girl was quick enough to catch her hand. Taeyeon saw the police patrolling coming closer to them. The policeman seems to be curious about what’s happening on a suspicious sight.

“Is something the matter?” the policeman asked the girl.

‘This is the end, a call for a jail time, huh?…’

Taeyeon looked at the girl for mercy but the girl seems to be expressionless. It gives her a shock for what happens ne

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter