Officially Missing You

The Number
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Joohyun was standing in front of the police station, wearing her long beige coat with her black long sleeve top. She was just staring at the glass of the station. She wants to face the main reason why her daughter is in the hospital, and most especially the main reason why Seungwan is now far away from her. Breathing out, Joohyun puts her hand inside her coat to make it feel warm. "Ma'am what can we do for you?" a policewoman approached the stunned Joohyun. Her eyes went to wander again inside the station.

"I'm the parent of the kid who was hit by a car in front of the cafe a week ago. I'm here to see the suspect myself." The policewoman then opens the glass door and let Joohyun get inside. She was ordered to sit and wait so that's what she did.

Her hand went into her small stomach, gently caressing it. "Oh, you must be Bae Joohyun." a tall policewoman approached Joohyun. "I'm officer Seo Juhyun, I'm Seungwan's friend. I was the one who administered the case. Please come with me." she immediately stood up and followed the police officer inside her office. Joohyun was asked to sit on the chair. "I'll show you the CCTV footage of the incident." Seohyun starts playing the CCTV video from Seungwan's cafe and also the nearby establishment. "So as you can see, this is Seungwan and the victim. It's kinda fast and it seemed like it was really planned." the police office officer points to the figure of both Seungwan and Yerim. A week after the accident, it will be the first time for her to witness what really happened. As the video played, Joohyun saw Seungwan hugging Yerim before she pats the kid. Yerim waves her hand as she starts to run, Seungwan was following her, but the car was so fast. The sight made Joohyun weak. "The footage was so helpful, and thanks to Seungwan's fast reflexes. she managed to get the plate number of the car." Seohyun's smile was present on her face as she hands the whole file report of Yerim's case. "She's the person who bought the kid to the hospital too, she didn't wait for any emergency response, she did all of this by herself. The day that your daughter regained her consciousness, Seungwan finished all of the paper works and even settled everything. But yes, my friend already left Seoul on that day too." Seohyun breathes out before she stood up from her swivel chair. She's now gesturing Joohyun to follow her again. 

"D...Do you know how she's doing?" Joohyun asked while they're standing outside of the police woman's office. She's been dying to know how Seungwan is currently doing, despite knowing that she's surely not okay right now. 

"She doesn't want you to worry about her, that is what she told me during our last meeting. I'm sure she's in a place where she will feel much better? Maybe you two could meet again? In a better sky and in a better time?" Seohyun gives Joohyun a soft pat on her shoulders before opening the door leading to the room where Joohyun could personally speak to the suspect. "I'll be outside, just press the red button if you need me to come in." Joohyun lightly smiles before nodding her head, and at that very moment the police officer went out of the room, she sighed. The door from the other side of the room flung open and there stood the girl who is currently wearing an orange shirt and pants. Joohyun's anger was now raising as soon as she saw the sight of the girl who is mainly the reason why her daughter is in the hospital, the reason that the child that she's carrying right now will grow with a missing person in their heart, and most especially the reason why the person that she loved the most is not here right now. 

The devastation that she's feeling right now is so overflowing, Joohyun doesn't know if she should blame her pregnancy hormones for being so emotional right now, but she can't help to tear up. "Just fifteen minutes." the guard from the other part of the room said as he stood beside Rosé. Joohyun can only stare at her with full of pity, how can someone be so desperate. 

"Why did you do it? Why do you have to let a five-year-old kid get involved with our business?" Joohyun's fist was now clenched as she stares over the lady in front of her, if only there are no boundaries between them she's sure that she already gave the girl a loud slap. "Why do you have to come back, just when we were just about to build our own family?" she chokes into her own words, her hands were now gripping tightly on the table in front of her. The tears were also flowing from her eyes. "Do you know how happy I am when I meet someone as genuine as her? Seungwan was so ideal, I know you failed to realize that one." Joohyun wipes the tears that keep on flowing from her eyes. All her devastation, thoughts, and remorse are now coming out of her heart. "Why do you have to be so desperate? Why do you have the audacity to come back and ruin Seungwan's life?" Rose was staring over Joohyun with her eyes feel of guilt. "Do you know that you put my kid's life in danger? And you're also the main reason why the kid that I'm carrying right now will be deprived of her mom's love. Do you know how badly she wanted to have a child? I was so happy when I knew that I will be giving her, her first child. I was so excited to tell her about it, but you ruined everything." Joohyun feels so mad, everything that she wanted to build vanished into thin air. Every single thing that she hoped and imagined when she first knew about her being pregnant is now gone. "How can someone as cruel as your exist? You made her broke twice, do you think you deserve her?" Rosé was now tearing up as she heard those words from Joohyun.

"I know that I don't deserve her. I know that. She's too good to be with a cheater like me Irene. But can you blame me?  Can you blame me for wanting her back? When my girlfriend left me, she's the very first person that I thought about." Joohyun can only laugh at what the other lady said. Is she serious?

"How can you just pass the responsibility of your wrongdoing to someone as genuine as Seungwan? How can you let her bar

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter