Better Days

The Number
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Is this a very bad dream, Seungwan hopes that everything is just a dream. From the day that Joohyun broke up with her, up to now. The tears were beaming from her eyes as she speeds up into the almost empty highway.  "Yerimie, can you hear me?"  Seungwan gulps the imaginary lump as she holds the hand of the currently unconscious kid.  The worrisome anxiety and pain are running into her senses.  She knows the past medical history of the kid, and now here she is blaming herself for what actually happened. 

As soon as they got into the hospital, Yerim was immediately transferred into the emergency room.  The pastry chef was left there standing a few meters away, with tears visible from her eyes. "Seungwan, she will be okay. She will be okay." she heard the voice of Taeyeon, her cousin who's a surgeon and cardiologist. Hearing those from her cousin was not enough to remove all of her worries. 

"Please save her, I don't care how much it will cost me, just please do everything to save the kid Taeyeon eonnie, I'm begging you." Seungwan was desperate, she wants to do all the possible things just to save Yerim. The doctor patted her before she escorted Seungwan into the waiting area. "I'm betting my all eonnie, please save Yerim. She has heart problems, please keep that in mind." Taeyeon can only nod her head before she went back inside the emergency room. 

Breathing out, the pastry chef reached for her phone and dials Joohyun's number. She knows for sure that the brunette is now worried and panicking about her daughter's whereabouts. 

-

"Yerim-ah baby, come here mama needs help." Joohyun's soft voice was heard while she's busy zipping their last suitcase. She's been busy packing the whole day and she finds it odd that Yerim was not yet checking on her and asking her if she needs helps. "Yerimie!" her eyebrows arched when she didn't saw her daughter rushing towards her.  She grunts as soon as she stood up from the floor. Joohyun's eyes wander around the empty living room, Sooyoung who just got out of the bathroom stares over her older cousin. "Sooyoung-ah, have you seen Yerim?" the confused eyes of the taller lady went around the whole living room too. Joohyun felt a rush of anxiety run into her whole body. 

"I thought she's with you packing eonnie." Sooyoung immediately went to check her room but to no avail.  Joohyun also went to check the other room and yet there's no sign of the kid. Sooyoung immediately took her phone out and tries to dial the kid's number but to her surprise, Yerim's phone was left at the top of the kitchen counter.  "Eonnie... maybe Yerim went...." Sooyoung's words were halted when Joohyun's phone started ringing, it was a call from Seungwan. 

Joohyun stares at it for a while before answering it. "J...Joohyun." Seungwan's voice was a mixture of hesitant and worried. The creep of anxiety once again rushed into her senses. "I...I'm sorry, please it might be hard to calm down, but please come here at OSAN." Joohyun's world stopped spinning, everything seemed to have fallen. "Y...Yerim was hit by a rushing car earlier. She needs you here." Joohyun reached for the side of the kitchen counter to gain strength. "Please go here, I need to go to the police station and report it for you. I got the plate number of the car." Seungwan was explaining everything, but it seemed like Joohyun isn't listening anymore. All of her worries about losing the kid is now back, the happenings from five years ago are now back into her whole brain. The memory that she wanted to forget is now creeping her in. "I asked Seulgi to pick you and Sooyoung up." Sooyoung held her cousin when she saw her almost losing her balance. There was a soft sigh from the other line.

Joohyun's mind was floating, everything seemed like a nightmare to her. She's been with Yeri ever since the kid was small, she raised her and was the one who gave Yerim the love that her birth parents can't give to her. Even at such a young age, Joohyun took the responsibility to raise the kid with all of her heart. The kid was like a pillar of strength to her, Yerim is not just her adopted daughter, but for her, the kid is her soulmate, she's a gift from heaven, an angel that someone sent to give her colorless life alight. Yerim is such a blessing not only to her but also to Sooyoung who shares a very close bond with the kid.

The hospital is the least like a place for Joohyun to visit, the fear from five years ago is creeping her in. She was shaking as she took heavy steps inside the hospital. All of the possible things that might happen to her daughter is now running inside her mind. Her head feels so heavy, the stress, anxiety is mixing up. "Seungwan said that Yerim was sent inside the operating room now. Don't worry eonnie, Seungwan hired the best doctor in town." Seulgi said while they're inside the lobby of the hospital.

As soon as she spotted the blonde girl sitting outside the operating room, everything sinks in. It's really happening, this is not a dream. The gaze of the pastry chef went over on where she's standing, the apologetic eyes were the first thing that Joohyun notices, and also deeper she saw how Seungwan is in pain right now, the bright eyes that she loved seeing are now gone. The bright and lively Seungwan that she used to be with is not here. Tears beaming from the brunette's eyes.

Seungwan stood up and froze there, seeing Joohyun cry is the hardest thing for her. She took cautious steps before pulling Joohyun into her embrace, she disregards all of her thoughts and just gave the lady that she loves a hug. The brunette was sobbing hard while she's trying to push Seungwan away. "Go away, I really don't wanna see you," Joohyun said those in between her sobs. The overflowing emotions are taking over her. She can only hit Seungwan's chest as she continues to cry. "I hate you. Why everything is so hard!" Seungwan can only bite her lower lip as she tries to prevent her tears from falling. "Seungwan-ah, it's hurting me so bad." Seungwan let her fingers run into the smooth hair of the crying lady. Seungwan thinks she deserves all of the pain she's receiving right now, all she wants to do is to free the lady from all of the pain that she caused her. She feels liable for everything that happened, and now she's about to make a decision. Seungwan meets Sooyoung's and Seulgi's eyes. She tries to read them through their eyes. She can only lightly smile at them. "Seungwan, I don't feel good." Joohyun's voice sounded so low and even before the brunette can stare at her face Joohyun already passed out.

Seulgi immediately called a nurse to help. "Will she be okay?" S

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter