Chapter 6

Dancing In The Rain

Since that day, their first "date", even though they both won't consider it as one. Mina and Chaeyoung has gotten alot more closer with each other. Closer in a sense that they always hang out together specially at school or outside, whenever they have free time. Chaeyoung's condo has been their place for watching movies, trying out new foods, or even studying together.

 

They both don't know what they're actually doing, or what they are really. But, they arw contented of what they have right now. Mina and Chaeyoung knows that they're both happy when they are together. 

 

This "friendly" routine has been going on for a month now, and Mina's friends knew about this specially, Sana. Since she's the one who saw and experience everything from Mina always talking with Chaeyoung on phone and to Mina being always out of their condo. And of course, Mina just guessed that maybe Chaeyoung's friends know about it too since they are almost eating lunch together at school. 

 

Like right now, they are at the cafeteria, happily talking and eating. As usual, Chaeyoung is sitting in front of Mina. Both of them are sharing glances and smiles again. This time, having an interaction is less awkward and barely embarassing compared to their first lunch out. 

 

"Here's your sodas guys" Jihyo said as she put the drinks on the table. 

 

Everyone started grabbing theirs, while Chaeyoung and Mina waited for their turn. Sadly, when Chaeyoung was about to get a drink, there's only two left and it's both cider. She immediately looked at Mina who's now pouting while looking at the two cans. 

 

Clearly, Chaeyoung now learned that Mina likes cola over cider. 

 

"Dahyun!" she called out her friend once she spotted that Dahyun was about to open her cola. 

 

"What, Chaeng?" 

 

"You like cider right? Here, swap this with your cola" Chaeyoung offered the cider on her hand. Dahyun looked at her with confusion and a face that's about to argue. 

 

"What?! When did I--" Dahyun made a pained face. Chaeyoung kicked her under the table. 

 

"Hey, Chaeyoung.. I'm fine with cider. Give it to me" Mina interrupted because she felt sorry for Dahyun. She grabbed the cola first so its supposed to be hers. 

 

"No Mina it's okay" Dahyun smiled at her and glared at Chaeyoung, fake smiling. "I really like cider" 

 

"See? Here's your cola Minari" 

 

"Thank you Chaeng.. and Dahyun" she smiled. 

 

Mina felt so shy and her cheeks are hot again because of Chaeyoung. She didn't even imagine that Chaeyoung could remember those little things about her. Mina could only smile to herself. But when she lifted her head up, her friends are staring at her with teasing smile. Well, except for Sana who's just enjoying her food. 

 

Mina finally opened her food while Chaeyoung was opening their drinks. She started mixing and eating it when Mina's face became distorted again. Before she could even do something about her food, chopsticks from her front are already on her food. 

 

"You made a disgusted face again" Chaeyoung chuckled. "I'll remove that pickles for you" 

 

It rained "oohs" from their friends who are watching the both of them like they are some sort of romantic movie. But honestly, Mina felt the same, it's like she's experiencing a whole romance just by eating lunch. 

 

"Sana your handkerchief fell" Mina heard Tzuyu said but she didn't bother to look as her eyes were fixed to Chaeyoung. 

 

And again, everyone started to make fun of them while Chaeyoung ignored them and Mina is sitting there already about to burst. 

 

"I hope someone will take care of me like that" Dahyun teasingly said while clasping her hands as if she's daydreaming. 

 

Momo raised her hand and even winked at Dahyun. "I could do it for you! Just tell me if you want" 

 

"Oh Momo, should I make you my girlfriend now?" Momo blushed hard at that while the others laughed at them. 

 

"That was so smooth of you Dahyun but let Mina and Chaeyoung become girlfriends first" Jihyo added. And it made Mina cough so hard. 

 

It's also has been a part of their routine for Mina to go with Chaeyoung every after class from time to time. And this is one of those days. Mina is with Sana as they are walking to the car park. 

 

"Sana, I can't-" 

 

Sana turned to her and cut off her words. "I know, Mina. You can't ride with me again. I mean, what's new?" 

 

"Awee, are you upset again? Do you miss me that much?" Mina cling to her arms, acting cute to make Sana laugh. "I promise I'll make it up to you!" 

 

"I got used to it Mina and as usual, you picked Chaeyoung over me again. But whatever.." Sana rolled her eyes and opened the door of her car. "Just be safe. I won't back you up to your parents" 

 

Mina laughed and waved her hand. "I know you'll do! Drive safe, love you!" 

 

Mina happily walked to the west wing as it's where Chaeyoung always parks. As soon as she could see the car from afar, and even had a little sight of Chaeyoung waiting for her outside, Mina's heart is beating rapidly again. She doesn't even know why she's not getting used to this, or perhaps why her heart is still acting this way. That every time she's about to see Chaeyoung, she feels so giddy and nervous. 

 

As usual, Chaeyoung opened the door for her and even put on her seat belt. They argued about it for many times now because Mina said that she can do it which is true but not the whole truth. It's just she still can't bare being that too close with Chaeyoung even just for a few seconds. But then again, Mina just accepted her defeat because Chaeyoung still does it for her. 

 

"So where are we eating this time?" Mina asked as she played a song from her phone which is already connected to Chaeyoung's car radio.

 

"Well uh, honestly.."

 

Mima chuckled at her. "What? Are you gonna tell me something embarrassing to you?"

 

"What?" Chaeyoung gave Mina a quick shocked glance. "How.. how did you know?"

 

"Surprise!" Mina was laughing and Chaeyoung just shook her head, smile already crept onto her lips. "You just don't realize it but I maybe know you more than you know yourself"

 

"As if" Chaeyoung smirked. "Anyway.. you know that I'm so bad at cooking right? Or that I don't really.. cook" 

 

"Yes" 

 

Chaeyoung glared at her but Mina just shrugged, teasing her more. "Wow, thanks for that. I even learned cooking Carbonara for you but I guess you won't be getting it from me since you're so bully" 

 

"Oh my God! Did you say Carbonara? Don't you know it's my favorite?!" Mina was literally freaking out, her eyes were sparkling. "And I'm not bullying you so please Chaeng chaeng, cook it for me" 

 

Chaeyoung snorted in defeat. This days, she's realizing that Mina is becoming her weakness. Or maybe it's just because she's pretty and cute. 

 

"Just because you begged. Alright, I'll cook it for you" 

 

Mina did a happy celebratory dance that made Chaeyoung laugh more. 

 

But when they were near Chaeyoung's condo building, her phone suddenly rang. She excused herself to Mina as she answered it. And to gave her privacy, Mina looked out at the car window trying her very best not to eavesdrop. 

 

"Yes, Dahyun, what do you want this time?... Just tell me okay I'm driving... What?! As in now?... Alright, alright... Bye" 

 

Chaeyoung sighed and Mina had to look at her because she got worried. Apparently, she heard everything. 

 

"Are you okay?" 

 

"Yes. It's just that.. I think I can't cook your Carbonara right now" Chaeyoung's voice was already apologetic. 

 

"Hey, that's okay, cool for me some other time" she assured her. "Why? Did something urgent came up?" 

 

"Not that urgent but Dahyun said some of our high school friends are inviting us for a drink. In fact, she's already there and telling me to hurry up" 

 

Mina nodded at her. "Then, you should go there too. Don't bail on Dahyun. I can come if you want" 

 

"Are you serious? You don't know them" 

 

"Dahyun and Jeongyeon is there right?" 

 

"Uh.. yes" Chaeyoung hesitated answering. 

 

"Then it's okay! Come on" 

 

Even if Mina knew that Chaeyoung doesn't really want her to come, she still won on pursuing her. They arrive at the bar which she remembered where Jihyo's party was also held, at The Blacklist. They both made their way through the crowd just to go to a private room where Chaeyoung's friends are. 

 

As soon as Chaeyoung opened the door, Mina heard the loud cheers from Chaeyoung's friends. They were delighted to see Chaeyoung and to know that she didn't ditched them. Mina doesn't even know how to come in as she's now questioning why she had to insist to come. But even before she's drowned with her thoughts, Chaeyoung already held her wrist and guided her inside. 

 

"I brought my.. friend" 

 

Mina smiled at everyone. "Hi" 

 

"Mina! I didn't know you'd also come" Dahyun greeted her with all smiles. Rather, a teasing smile. 

 

"I just tagged along" 

 

"Oh my! My Chaeyoung!" 

 

Mina turned to look at the owner of that voice as she also felt Chaeyoung's hand let go of her wrist. A tall blonde girl is now hugging Chaeyoung and even clinging onto her arms. 

 

"Hey, Rose. Long time no see" 

 

"That's right, baby! I missed you" the girl evem kissed Chaeyoung's cheek. That made Mina look away and now, she doesn't know what to do again. "Come on let's sit" 

 

"Mina, you can sit here" Dahyun kindly offered. So Mina sat in between Dahyun and Jeongyeon, looking so out of place. Plus, her heart was feeling a little weird feeling. 

 

"Hey, Mina" Jeongyeon greeted her. Mina smiled at her and greeted back. "Do you want a beer?" 

 

"Uh, just a little. I'm not really a hard drinker" 

 

Mina was just focusing on Chaeyoung in front of her, beside Rose whose still clinging on Chaeyoung. She's drinking on her beer while listening to their conversation. 

 

"How's life my Chaeyoung? Still single?"

 

It's starting to get on Mina's nerves when she hears that "my Chaeyoung". Inside her, she's already mentally rolling her eyes.

 

"Well.. yeah"

 

"Really? Why? I can't believe they're all wasting their chance to be with you" Rose chuckled. "Well can't blame you though for that. I'm single too"

 

So what? Is it really necessary to broadcast it?

 

Mina was going crazy, she's literally rebutting Rose's words in her mind.

 

"Then why the two of you don't just date?" Another friend of Chaeyoung said. "I mean, Chaeyoung is single and Rose too. Not gonna lie you two look together"

 

Rose laughed and even playfully smacked Chaeyoung's lap. "Hear that baby? Why don't we try dating then?"

 

Mina was just nervously sitting there when she doesn't have to be nervous. She was just expecting so much from Chaeyoung's answer and at the same time, really getting annoyed on how Rose is openly flirting with her. But Chaeyoung is not doing anything. She's just looking at Mina, glancing at her from time to time. As if she's checking on her. 

 

"Oh I'll just tell you this guys, Chaeyoung might be single but I guess she's not available" Thankfully, Dahyun saved Chaeyoung from that question. But still, Mina was dying to know what would be Chaeyoung's answer. "So Jisoo, stop playing cupid okay?" Jisoo then throw a crumpled tissue on Dahyun.

 

"Are you okay?" Jeongyeon suddenly asked Mina.

 

She then nodded as a response. Well she can't just say that she's not actually fine. "But I can't take more beers"

 

"Don't worry I won't offer you some again" Jeongyeon chuckled.

 

Out of nowhere, since everyone is already a bit drunk, Jisoo shouted "Body shot! Body shot!"

 

"That's cool! Let's do it!" Dahyun agreed.

 

Mina watched how the two of them really did it. But worse is really yet to come, because what she feared the most actually came true.

 

"Chaeyoung, Rose, it's your turn" Jisoo said.

 

Chaeyoung quickly shook her head. "No, I'm fine. I don't want to do it"

 

"What? Since when did you got coward over this? Come on, Chaeyoung, it's just for fun!" Rose persuaded.

 

Mina watched as Rose put a salt above jer chest. Clearly, that's where Chaeyoung is before she drinks that vodka in her hand. Her eyes really widened at that and sje doesn't care if Chaeyoung saw her reactions over it.

 

Really? There?! She could've just put it on her hand or the glass!

 

Mina's feelings are overwhelming her now. She doesn't even know aht she's actually feeling anymore. All she knows is something so ed up is going to happen im front of her very eyes.

 

Not until Jeongyeon whispered something to her.

 

"Why still watch it when you know it's going to hurt you?"

 

And at that moment, Mina stood up so fast, she felt everyone stared at her. Most specially.. Chaeyoung.

 

"Bathroom"

 

Then, as fast as she can, Mina got out of that room. She felt like crying, she did her best to get out of the crowd and to that bar itself. Her heart feels like its being stabbed and she doesn't even know why. Mina doesn't even realized that a single tear has already escaped her eyes.

 

"Mina!"

 

Someone called her from behind but she didn't even bother to look. Mina knows it's Chaeyoung. She quickly wiped her tears.

 

"Hey Mina why did you get out? Where are you going?"

 

Mina tried hard to sound okay. "I'm not feeling well. I'm going home Chaeyoung, you can go back inside. I'll just take a taxi"

 

"No, Mina. I'll drive you home"

 

"Chaeyoung it's really okay, just go back please. Rose might be looking for you already"

 

Chaeyoung stared at her in confusion. They locked eyes. Mina wanted to look away but she can't lose in this staring battle right now. Even though she already felt like crying again.

 

"Mina, can you please just tell me what's wrong? Did I do something wrong?"

 

"I.. I don't know, Chaeyoung. You tell me"

 

Chaeyoung ran her hair through her hair. A sign of frustration. "How am I supposed to know? You were just doing fine talking with Jeongyeon right? So.. what-"

 

But.. if Chae young is already frustrated with all of this, Mina was alot more than that. Her feelings were alot more than that. 

 

That she can't help but to explode at that moment. 

 

"Damn it, I am ing jealous Son Chaeyoung!"