Chapter 3

Dancing In The Rain

Mina is on their condo's living room, sitting on the floor with her phone on the table. She's working on their weekly sketches assignment but she just can't focus that afternoon. Mina kept on glancing at her phone, turning it on and off, checking her notifications.

 

 

Sana passed by her for the third time and this time, she stopped in front of her with her arms on her waist. Mina looked at her and she just looks like her mom in that posture.

 

 

"What?"

 

 

"Don't what me, Mina. I'm getting dizzy with you and your constant peaking on your phone" Sana's brows furrowed. "Are you expecting a message or a call?"

 

 

"Uh.. yes" Mina cleared and avoided Sana's gaze. "It's m-mom, she said she's going to call. Right, it's mom"

 

 

Sana stared at her suspiciously but in the end, she just bought Mina's excuses. "Why? Is something wrong with Aunt?"

 

 

"Nothing. You know her, its just her daily reminders of me going back to Japan and all" 

 

 

After Sana's interrogation she left Mina alone because she had to take a shower. Mina didn't lie she was really waiting for her mom to call but there's more to it and as to why she's just so paranoid with her phone. Since Jihyo's party, Chaeyoung never called her. It's not like she was expecting for her to really call but.. it's like that too. 

 

 

"Why am I so bothered? Why do I care if she call or not? I'm sure she doesn't even remember me" 

 

 

Mina murmured to herself while she continued on her sketches. But she just became more annoyed because she kept on erasing lines until Mina just gave up. She knows she just can't focus. 

 

 

"Mina you really, you should've asked for her number too!" she stood up and just went to her room, leaving her works to fo behind. "Whatever. I'll just sleep" 

 

 

The next day during their vacant time, Sana and Mina were walking to where the kiosk is. They're trying to find a vacant one so that they could study and do their sketches. Until they passed by to a kiosk and Momo was there.

 

 

"Mina! Sana! Join here" 

 

 

Sana held Mina's wrist and dragged her to the kiosk. Mina roamed her eyes around and there's just five students there including Momo. When they were about to sit, the other two students left so they now have a vacant sit. Sana immediately sat beside Momo as Mina followed her. 

 

 

Mina's eyes widened when she saw a familiar face sitting in front of her. She immediately turned to Momo who's just giggling to herself. Mina doesn't even know why she's getting nervous and started to crane her neck as she looked around her surroundings. As if expecting that certain someone to magically show up because why not? When her friends.. are here. 

 

 

"She's not here" the blonde girl blurted out of nowhere, it made the three of them look at her but to Mina's surprise, she's looking straight to her with a playful smile on her face. 

 

 

"Huh? Who?" Momo asked with confusion. 

 

 

"Oh. Nothing" she chuckled and made a painful face when the girl beside her elbowed her. 

 

 

At that moment, Mina knew what the girl was trying to say and who is she referring to. She meant to say that Chaeyoung isn't here. Mina was so embarrassed that she had to lower down her head and pretend that she's getting her stuff on her bag. 

 

 

Am I that obvious?! Goodness, Mina! When will you stop embarrassing yourself? 

 

 

"Oh, right! I'll introduce you to them" Momo said excitedly. "This is Jeongyeon" she pointed at the short haired girl who elbowed the blonde one. "And this is Dahyun. They're both engineering students" 

 

 

"Oh, hi! I'm Sana" as friendly as she is, she started shaking hands with the two of them. Mina wasn't even moving and pretending she's too busy with her sketches but Sana really had to tap her legs so that she could also introduce herself. 

 

 

"Uh, I'm Mina" 

 

 

"As I heard.." Dahyun said with those playful smile again. "Actually, we also have another friend but sadly, she's not here" 

 

 

Mina gulped at that her tongue is itching to ask where that other friend is because she had been waiting for her cal for three days now. But of course, she had to stop herself because Mina haven't said anything about her to anyone. Not even with Sana. 

 

 

Jengyeon groaned and smacked Dahyun's arm again. "I said stop it"

 

 

Sana glanced at Mina as if asking her what's happening but she just shrugged and chose to ignore everyone again. Even if her mind is already killing her with too much curiosity. 

 

 

"So.. are you guys friends?" Sana asked but more like towards Momo. 

 

 

"I guess?" Momo chuckled. "Dahyun here is tutoring me on Math" 

 

 

"And it's my pleasure" she even winked at Momo. Both of them could see how their friend blushed like a tomato. 

 

 

"I'm sorry for interrupting but we need to leave girls" Jeongyeon said as she already stood up, wearing her bag. "We still have a class. It's nice meeting you Sana.. and Mina" 

 

 

When Jeongyeon and Dahyun left, Momo started squealing and smacking Sana's arm. They could tell how much she's controlling herself and suppressing all the butterflies she felt just because of that single wink. Mina just shook her head while laughing at Momo. 

 

 

"You like her that much? I think you're already overreacting" 

 

 

Momo stopped and rolled her eyes at Mina. "Whatever, Mina! You just can't relate because you're not crushing on someone. Just you wait until you feel it too!" 

 

 

Mina coughed like she was choked with her own saliva. Sana was laughing at her while helping her rub her back. 

 

 

"What?! Mina? Having a crush on someone?" Sana shook her head as if teasing Mina. "That's a miracle, Momo" 

 

 

Mina gave the both of them a death glare but that just made them laugh more.

 

 

"Alright, Sana. Let's stop now because Mina might get really mad" she was even wiping the tears in her eyes from too much laughing. "Anyway, you're free tonight guys, right?"

 

 

"I'm not, Momo"

 

 

"Oh come on, Mina! Stop being a homebody there's no school tomorrow" Momo stood up so that she could really have a better look at the both of them.

 

 

"Why? Where are we going?"

 

 

"Just at my condo, okay. It's Boo's birthday!"

 

 

Sana widened her eyes and pointed at Momo. "Oh my! You already have a boyfriend yet you're still flirting with Dahyun?!"

 

 

"What are you saying?! Boo is my dog!" she argued back and that made Mina laugh because of Sana's surprise face.

 

 

"Oh. I thought-"

 

 

"Sana my dear, please remember, I don't do boyfriends okay?" Momo even winked at Sana. "So it's a set, I'll be expecting you tonight. And also, bring extra clothes because you're gonna sleepover"

 

 

Mina and Sana arrived at Momo's place at exact eight in the evening. They took a long time because Sana had to drag and pursue Mina again and again. But of course, as usua, Sana won. They just ate dinner and ordered pizza for their movie night. The two of them were already drinking but Mina was just fine with her cola.

 

 

"Momo, this building has a gym right?"

 

 

"Yes. It's on the last floor, I think"

 

 

"Why Mina? Are you going to the gym tomorrow?" Sana asked while muching on her pizza.

 

 

"Yeah, I also brought my gym clothes so might as well use it"

 

 

"Oh, okay. If I wake up early I'll come with you"

 

 

"I doubt that. I think both of you will not be done any time soon" she chuckled as she stood up, already going to the room Momo prepared for them. "I'll sleep now, please don't drink too much. Good night!" 

 

 

Mina woke up at six in the morning and as she expected, Sana has no chance of going with her on the gym. Both Momo and her are still on the living room because that's where they slept, Mina guessed that they really got drunk.

 

 

She entered the elevator and pressed the top floor button. When she got there, there's still few people inside the gym. Mina went to the wash up area to change her clothes and she also made her hair into a ponytail. It took her almost an hour to try different workouts and exercises. Mina was dripping with so much sweat so she went to the bench to grab her towel and drink her water.

 

 

Mina wasn't really in a hurry because she knows that her friends are still sleeping but she's already feeling hungry. She decided to take a shower and change her clothes but as soon as she got out to get her clothes, Chaeyoung was also there still wiping her sweaty forehead.

 

 

"Oh my God!" Mina literally uttered loud as she clutched her towel, afraid that it will fall down.

 

 

"Mina? What are you doing here?"

 

 

Mina fixed her posture and tried to calm herself down. She tried to remind herself that Chaeyoung didn't call her for the past three days.

 

 

"This is a gym. What do you do in a gym?" she almost rolled her eyes at her before she quickly turned around to wear her clothes.

 

 

When Mina got out from the cubicle, Chaeyoung was still there also holding a towel. Mina was about to ignore her and just passed by but Chaeyoung called her again.

 

 

"Hey Mina, wait.. I think, uh, we need to talk? Can you please wait for me? I'll just take a quick shower"

 

 

Mina didn't answer her and just walked away. But Mina just wanted to smack herself sometimes because she can't really do what her mind is telling her. In the end, she still sat on one of the benches and waited for Chaeyoung.

 

 

It didn't take long and Chaeyoung already went out, Mina saw how she roamed her eyes around. And when her eyes landed on Mina, a relief was plastered on her face. She started to walked quickly to where Mina is when she saw that Mina already stood up.

 

 

"What are we gonna talk about?"

 

 

"Uh.. how about breakfast? Are you... free?" Mina didn't know why her insides was suddenly doing back flips. It's like she felt so much hunger out of nowhere and being giddy with just that simple question.

 

 

Oh Mina, get your together!

 

 

Mina still agreed because she just can't turn Chaeyoung down for God knows why. They just decided to eat at near cafe. She still can't believe that she just rode Chaeyoung's car and Mina doesn't even know why it felt so different. She'd been riding Sana's car for years now, also she's always at the front seat, but today it just hits different.

 

 

"What do you want, Mina?"

 

 

"Just pancakes and an orange juice. Thank you"

 

 

As they are waiting for their food to arrive, the awkward silence was so uncomfortable. Mina doesn't even know what to say as she's still trying to process how and why she's sitting and having a breakfast with the person she's crushing on. Gladly, Chaeyoung spoke up first.

 

 

"So, how are you?"

 

 

Mina was mentally rolling her eyes. Really? This is what she have to say?! "I'm good, how about you? I haven't heard from you since that night. Did you really save my number?"

 

 

Chaeyoung seemed to be taken aback by Mina's sudden bluntness but still flashed an amused face.

 

 

"Of course, I saved it. Actually, I was planning to call you today"

 

 

"Really?" Mina gave her a mocking face. "You know what, that's the usual line of someone who unexpectedly bumped into someone they're trying to ghost"

 

 

"What? No! I'm not ghosting you, Mina" she chuckled and God knows how Mina wanted to melt on her seat. "I was just caught up with some family stuff for the past days. But I swear, I was gonna call you today"

 

 

"Oh. I see. I thought you weren't calling because you don't find me pretty enough"

 

 

Mina just realized what she's blabbering amd of course, she's embarrassing herself again in front of Chaeyoung. She could see how that same amused smile was plastered on her face. Lucky for Mina, she was saved by their food.

 

 

"Are you staying in this building?" Chaeyoung asked as they ride the elevator. They're already back after eating because Sana is already looking for Mina.

 

 

"No. We just had a sleepover at my friend's place"

 

 

"Ah, I see. That's why I was shocked to see you at the gym" the elevator door opened because this is where Momo's floor unit is. Mina got out and to her surprise, Chaeyoung followed her.

 

 

"Uh, you don't have to walk me to her unit"

 

 

"No, it's okay. My unit is just above this floor" Mina really stopped on her tracks upon hearing it.

 

 

"What?! You also live here?"

 

 

Chaeyoung chuckled because of her reaction and there goes Mina's butterflies on her stomach. They've gone wild again.

 

 

"Apparently, yes"

 

 

Mina had to shut until they arrive at Momo's unit. Every time she opens and says something, she's just embarrassing herself.

 

 

"Uh, thanks for the breakfast, Chaeyoung" she smiled. "I'll take it as your apology for not calling me"

 

 

"You're welcome, Mina. I'm really sorry, I'll call you today"

 

 

Mina made an okay sign and was about to press the door bell when Chaeyoung spoke again.

 

 

"Thank you, too. And Mina.."

 

 

She slowly turned around to face her. Mina's heart was beating so fast because of nervousness out of nowhere.

 

 

"You are not just pretty, you're beautiful"