Chapter 5

Dancing In The Rain

"Hey Sana, I know you're upset. I'm sorry"

 

 

All their way back to their room, Sana was completely ignoring Mina although she's already apologizing. She gets it why Sana is upset and Mina knew it's also her fault for not telling it sooner. Mina never hid anything from Sana but she was just not ready to open up about Chaeyoung that's why she did that.

 

 

They know Mina and how she never had any interest on someone or being in a relationship. And it's also all new to Mina, these feelings she's feeling for Chaeyoung so everything was just kinda hard for her. She just wanted to make sure about her feelings first before she could tell it to her friends.

 

 

"Sana.." she sat beside her and held her arm. "I'm sorry.. I was really gonna tell you"

 

 

"Mina, it's okay. I'm not mad. I understand"

 

 

Mina stared at her, not really sure if it was true or not. But Sana gave her a small smile and Mina felt that it was really okay. She smiled back at her and heave a deep sigh. Mina still wanted to talk to Sana and tell her about Chaeyoung's plan that afternoon but the class already started.

 

 

She can't focus again on their lesson, her mind kept on wandering around and ending up on Chaeyoung. Mina doesn't even know where is she taking her but still, she can't contain her excitement. She never trusted anyone this fast and Mina doesn't know why she really feel so comfortable with Chaeyoung's presence. It's like she's always safe with her. 

 

 

Chaeyoung feels like.. home.

 

 

"Sana, uh.. so, I can't come with you. I'm going.. somewhere"

 

 

Sana stopped fixing her bag for a moment, Mina was nervously looking at her and patiently waiting for her response.

 

 

"It's okay. But where are you going?" she asked while wearing her bag.

 

 

"I'm with Chaeyoung" Sana quickly turned to look at her but Mina just smiled. As if trying to act cute so that she won't really get mad. "Don't worry, I'll text you. And of course, I'll go home"

 

 

"You better, Myoui Mina! Because I'm a dead meat to your parents if something happens to you"

 

 

Mina happily cling onto Sana's arm. "Nothing bad will happen to me. Chaeyoung will take good care of me"

 

 

"What makes you so sure? You've just met her for like what? A few days?" Sana rolled her eyes. "And now she's already taking you out on a date!"

 

 

"What the hell are you saying? It's not a d-date!"

 

 

Sana squinted her eyes at her and pointed on her face. "Then why are you blushing?!" 

 

 

After they both separated and Mina watched Sana drove away, she picked up her phone to call Chaeyoung. She was roaming her eyes around the car park but she can't see her there. 

 

 

"Chaeyoung, hi! Uh, I'm already at the car park. Hm, where are you?" 

 

 

"I'm also already here" she answered and that made Mina's brow furrowed as she started to crane her neck to find Chaeyoung. "Oh, wait. East or West?" 

 

 

"East" 

 

 

"I'm sorry, I'm at the West wing" Mina nodded mentally as she started walking. "Find the black car. It's on hazard so you'll find it quickly" 

 

 

"Alright. I'm coming" 

 

 

Mina walked a little faster since the West wing is kinda far from where Sana always park her car. When she's already there, she could see a black car that's on a hazard. Mina was sure that it's Chaeyoung's car. Before she could even go more nearer, Chaeyoung got out of her car and met Mina halfway. 

 

 

"H-hi. Sorry to keep you waiting" 

 

 

"No, it's okay Mina. Let's go?" Mina nodded in response and she almost froze again while walking when she suddenly felt Chaeyoung held her lower back, as if guiding her towards the car. 

 

 

Mina stopped and stood with quite distance as Chaeyoung opened the door for her. She could feel her cheeks heating up again that she can't help but to look sideways, just to divert her attention. 

 

 

"T-thank you" she said as she entered Chaeyoung's car. 

 

 

Chaeyoung followed soon and started the ignition. Mina was just watching her buckle her seat belt up and she realized that hers was still not properly worn. She was about to fix it when suddenly, Chaeyoung took care of it for her. Mina was so startled to see Chaeyoung's face so close to her like that, she could honestly feel and smell her minty breath. She even let go of the belt when Chaeyoung's fingers suddenly brushed onto her. Mina swore that she felt electricity just by that simple touch. 

 

 

"Alright, it's done. Are you ready to go?" Mina just nodded because she can't utter any words right now. She feels so hot and her heart is beating like crazy again. "Hey, are you okay?" 

 

 

Mina snapped back and looked at Chaeyoung and smiled. "Yeah, I'm okay. Come on just drive already" 

 

 

"Okay" she chuckled. "Do you want me to turn the aircon off?" 

 

 

"It's fine. Honestly, I don't like to feel hot" 

 

 

Chaeyoung nodded and adjusted the aircon so that it will face onto Mina. 

 

 

"Then, how about some music? You like listening to it during car rides?" 

 

 

"Yes. You can turn it on but just not so loud" and Chaeyoung did as she was told. 

 

 

*Playing: Ice Cream/Melting by TWICE*

 

 

Mina was feeling so many different feelings at that time. There's alot that happened starting from her entering Chaeyoung's car. She didn't know that Chaeyoung has this side, she didn't know that she was this caring and sensitive of Mina's feelings or what does she like or doesn't like. 

 

 

All those sweet gestures, soft touches, glances, smiles, the way she asks Mina about anything before doing it.. it just made Mina like Chaeyoung more. She's starting to like her more that it's scaring her. 

 

 

But then again, even if she's scared, the happiness her heart is feeling when she's with Chaeyoung is unbeatable. Mina never felt this happy considering that they've just met recently. 

 

 

Is this really what liking someone does to you? 

 

 

That even if there's alot of uncertainties, it doesn't matter anymore. Because what matter the most is the feeling she's giving you. The happiness that she's giving to you. 

 

 

"Mina, are you already hungry?" 

 

 

Mina shook her head. "No, just a little. Can I ask where are we going?" 

 

 

"Hm. Do you like watching movies?" Chaeyoung glanced at her quickly before turning her eyes again on the road. "Like.. really watching it on.. cinemas?" 

 

 

Mina tilted her head as she fixed her hair a little. "It's fine with me but I just don't really like crowded places. But that's fine, I think I can manage" 

 

 

"Oh. I was thinking to bring you to a cinema but I don't want you to get uncomfortable" Chaeyoung cleared . "I don't want to ruin our first.. uh, hang out.. together" 

 

 

Mina wanted to laugh at how cute Chaeyoung is when she's struggling for words. 

 

 

"Then.. let's go somewhere else, where we could still watch some movies" 

 

 

Mina saw how Chaeyoung got curious. "Where?" 

 

 

"Your condo" 

 

 

Mina kept on fidgeting with her hand while they are on the elevator going to Chaeyoung's unit. She wanted to smack herself again for being so bold and really asking Chaeyoung to take her here. But what can she dow now, there's literally no turning back. Not now that they are already entering Chaeyoung's pad. 

 

 

It wasn't she expected at all, she expected lots of furnitures and designs and all but Chaeyoung's unit was unbelievably clean and very organized. It's like the things that are there are just the necessary things she needs in her daily life. But as expected, there's also tons of school works and books for Engineering classes on her living room. 

 

 

"Mina I'll just change my clothes. Feel free to do whatever you want" then, she entered her room. 

 

 

Mina went to the kitchen and still, it's really clean and everything was also organized. Her fridge is not that full, there's only beers, milks, fruits and some snacks. Mina guessed that Chaeyoung doesn't do home cooking that much. When she heard the door opened, Mina went back to the living room. 

 

 

"What movie do you want to watch?" 

 

 

Mina saw Chaeyoung already holding the remote control and her television is already on the Netflix app. She sat down on the couch and scooted over when Chaeyoung does the same. 

 

 

"Hm. Do you like horror movies?" 

 

 

Chaeyoung chuckled at her. "Of course. Do you think I'm a scaredy cat?" 

 

 

"I was just asking" she shrugged as if teasing Chaeyoung. "Then, let's watch a horror movie. I'll close your window blinds, is it okay?" 

 

 

"Alright. I guess you're really underestimating me, Mina" 

 

 

Mina was closing the blinds while laughing. "I'm not!" 

 

 

"Let's just see later. Anyway, I don't really have much food here and I bet you're already hungry. So let's order food first, what do you want?" 

 

 

"Let's just eat burgers and pizza. Is that fine?" Chaeyoung nodded as she's already scrolling on her phone, placing orders. "And oh, I think I saw a popcorn on your kitchen. Let's cook it" 

 

 

The movie is already starting, the lights are off from the living room and only the light from the kitchen is on. Their food is also ready and Mina is already munching on her popcorn. Both of them are sitting on the either side of the couch but Mina has a pillow with her to cling to.

 

 

Mina was silently trying to grab the burger on the table but she's struggling a little to get it. She was startled when Chaeyoung suddenly moved and gave it to her.

 

 

"Thanks" she smiled at her.

 

 

Mina felt more hungry upon smelling the newly opened burger so she was so excited to eat it. But at her first bite, she tasted something she hated her whole life. Mina started to gag and was looking for something to spit it into. Chaeyoung turned to her and panicked a little that she opened the lights on quickly.

 

 

"Mina, what happened are you okay?"

 

 

But Mina can't answer her and just kept on pointing at instead. Chaeyoung grabbed a tissue and offered her hand, Mina didn't even think about anything anymore and just spat it on Chaeyoung's hand.

 

 

Chaeyoung went to the kitchen to throw it at the garbage and when she came back, she's already carrying a glass of water. She gave it to Mina with concern still evident in her eyes.

 

 

"I'm really sorry, Chaeyoung. Oh God, it's so embarrassing I spat on your hands I'm sorry" Mina was really panicking, she can't think straight and she just want to melt every time she remembers what she did.

 

 

"It's not a big deal Mina but I want to know if you're okay? And what happened?"

 

 

"It's because of the burger. Look.." Mina showed her burger to Chaeyoung. "It has pickles. I don't like pickles"

 

 

"Oh, I'm sorry I didn't know. I should've just ordered a different burger"

 

 

"It's okay, Chaeyoung it's not your fault" Mina smiled at her to reassure her. "Come on, let's continue watching"

 

 

The movie is already on its and it's getting scarier that Mina thought. She was so brave to ask Chaeyoung to watch it because she knows she'll do just fine but the jump scares are already too much for her. Mina kept on flinching, kept on getting startled and even screaming a little. She's literally hiding on her pillow.

 

 

Mina doesn't even notice that the gap between her and Chaeyoung is already gone. She only realized it when the ghost suddenly appear and she was so startled and scared that she clung onto Chaeyoung's arm and hid behind her.

 

 

"Is it gone?" Mina asked while still hiding and gripping onto Chaeyoung.

 

 

"Yes"

 

 

But Mina screamed loudly because Chaeyoung tricked her, there's still ghost that kept on appearing.

 

 

"Chaeyoung I hate you! Goodness, I saw it again!"

 

 

And at that, Chaeyoung bursted laughing because of Mina's reaction. Her shoulders are shaking from too much laughing that it made Mina forgot about how scared she was and lift her head to watch Chaeyoung.

 

 

Again, for the first time, she saw Chaeyoung laughing like this. And it might be weird, but her heart is at it again, beating rapidly. Mina didn't know that a laugh can make you like a person more.

 

 

"I'm sorry. I'm sorry for laughing" Chaeyoung was almost out of her breath, wiping the happy tears in her eyes. "It's just that, I didn't know you'd be this scared. You were so brave and you even teased me"

 

 

"Whatever! I was just startled, not scared" Mina pouted and crossed her arms.

 

 

 

She then turned to look at Chaeyoung because it has gone quiet. Only to see that she's just staring at Mina, like she's.. admiring her.

 

 

They've locked eyes, and Mina saw how Chaeyoung traveled her gaze from Mina's eyes to.. her lips. She doesn't even know why she gulped hard and started to get nervous. The fast beating of her heart was nothing compared to seeing that ghost than with this Chaeyoung looking at her intently, and slowly.. leaning in.

 

 

Mina could feel that Chaeyoung is just inches away from her. Out of instinct, she immediately closed her eyes. She'll admit that she waited. She waited for a soft lips to land on hers but there's none. When Mina opened her eyes, she blushed hard when Chaeyoung was just looking at her with the same amuse d face she's always making.

 

 

She wanted to turn her head away but Chaeyoung held it to stay in place, to stay looking at her.

 

 

"You know what Mina.. you're cute when you blush"