Rehearsals

Six

After a few moments though, the celebrities started coming in. Jessica was the last to arrive. She still gave me the cold shoulder. And when I waved hi to everyone else, they just gave me a nod. Was it always like this with celebrities?

Next, we all went onto the set to rehearse. There was no need for makeup or costume change because it was a rehearsal, of course. The director said that tomorrow we would start the official shooting. I couldn't believe how hectic the schedule was. I got nauseated just by looking at the big calendar that was pasted beside the snack table.

"First scene, and... ACTION!" boomed a staff member.

Right then and there the celebrities suddenly changed and it seemed like I was actually talking with the characters. It was unbelievable how professional they were. I was especially surprised by Jessica's acting. I was probably scared too because she was so nice to me. I messed up the scenes a couple of times. I noticed how nobody else did and I felt let down. It was pressuring. At least it wasn't the actual shooting.

After rehearsal, I decided to go call my mom to tell her that rehearsals were over. I had left my bag in the change rooms. Inside though, Jessica and the director were speaking to each other. I didn't want to interrupt and was about to go away when I heard my name.

"She's a terrible actress! Did you see how many times she messed up?? I think that I should be the main character. How could you let some unprofessional teenage girl get the lead role??" It was Jessica. I could feel tears streak down my face. She was right. Absolutely right. Why didn't the director give the main role to Jessica? Maybe that was why she hated me so much.

~~

P.O.V. : TOP

I was watching Sheila from behind the wall and I knew exactly why she was crying, I was pretty sure everyone else heard too. I wanted to comfort her but I didn't want to lose my cool. I sighed and approached her. Her eyes were bloodshot and wet when she looked up at me but I tried my best to act professional but also try to change whatever decision she was making in her head.

"You know Jessica gets that way all the time. I've worked with her about two times. Even if professional actresses had the lead role, she would still complain to the director, that's just her nature."

Sheila looked up at me and smiled. "Really? Well, thank you."

I looked away because I could feel the burn on my cheeks and also because I didn't want her to see me smile. I wonder why I felt like this. It felt so foreign. I walked away from her as quickly as possible. Could it be that I like her...?

~~

P.O.V. : Sheila

I smiled and decided to get a snack at the snack table. I guess I underestimated the celebrities. They had a nature underneath it all, but it was just that they took things more seriously then I do. I watched as TOP, Jaejoong and Max socialized. They started bursting out in laughter. Probably because of a funny joke and when they laughed, they seemed so normal. I started feeling better already. Jessica and the director had left the room and I decided to go get my bag. Yubin had already left, saying that she had a performance at the Music Bank tonight. I punched in the familiar numbers and answered that familiar voice.

"Hey mom, today was great." I grinned while I said so.