Chapter 5

Marrying a stranger
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“I’ll wait for you Mitang. You don’t have to worry. I love and I trust you.” Momo responds to Mina after Mina explained her current situation to her girlfriend. They just came back from a weekend at the Myoui's estate. Mina and her parents aren't really awkward with each other, they're still on speaking terms but everyone can feel that Mina can't still accept her situation and is mad about it. Mina made it clear that she's not mad at her parents but at the situation but that didn't lessen the guilt her parents must've felt since Mina's marriage with the youngest heir of the Yoo's was announced.

 

Momo and Mina are both seated side by side on the couch they bought together for their shared apartment. She told Momo what her and Jeongyeon are planning and she sighs in relief to know that her girlfriend is not leaving her for a safe exit.

 

“Are you sure? I still don’t know when the fakery will end. You’re free to leave Momo. I love you too much to confine you in a relationship full of uncertainty. You deserve so much better than that.” Mina smiles bitterly at the thought of putting her girlfriend in this situation. Her heart constricts at the thought of having to pretend to love someone else and carry someone else’s last name when all she ever wants is to be Momo’s.

 

“I’m sure love. Don’t think too much about me. You know I’m happy as long as you’re happy and I know I’m your happiness so I’m not leaving you, okay?” Momo smiles jokingly at Mina which made the younger girl hug her girlfriend while fighting the urge to cry.

 

“Thank you love. For a moment I was so scared that you’ll leave me. But I am preparing for it. I mentally prepared for it. I’m so lucky to have you, do you even know that?” Mina looks at Momo’s face and sees her girlfriend still smiling widely which automatically made Mina smile in return.

 

“Of course you are. You’re the only woman in Korea, probably in the whole wide universe that have people literally lining up to marry you. Who would have thought that I proposed first but I'll end up marrying you second?” Momo kisses Mina’s forehead and hugs her tightly. If she's being honest, she finds their situation funny if only real lives aren't at stake. Momo wishes they can last forever in this bubble the two of them created, wishes she can just take Mina away with no consequences and live a happy and simple life but Momo knows she has to be brave to stand and wait as she watches the love of her life say her fake vows in front of another person. Life will never be easy for Momo but as long as Mina is around, she has a reason to keep fighting through it all.


----------xxx----------

 

“So you weren’t gonna tell me?” Jeongyeon looks up from checking her secretary’s daily report on her ipad. It’s been two weeks since she met Mina and her family for their business and wedding meeting. They really didn’t have much to talk about when it’s their parents who gets to plan everything about their wedding and not the two of them.

She wasn’t expecting any visitors at her office today but seeing the face of the woman she misses the most clad in one of her signature Louis Vuitton coat, a handbag in hand that can buy a new car while standing next to the closed door sends jolts upon jolts to her body.

 

“Na-Nayeon. What are you- what are you doing here? Aren’t you supposed to come back next month?” Jeongyeon rises up from her chair and hurriedly walks towards where Nayeon is standing. She is about to wrap her arms around her girlfriend when she sees that Nayeon is not in her best mood so she stops herself and just stands there waiting for what the older girl has to say.

 

“Do you really think I’m stupid? Dahyun told me about you getting married before I was bound to walk on the runway! I was out there putting my fakest smile all the while my soul was leaving my body! I left the show ahead of time to personally talk this out with you knowing all you’ll do is make excuses on the phone. What the hell is happening? Do you mind explaining?” Dahyun is Nayeon’s manager and long time friend but Dahyun never knew about how Jeongyeon and Nayeon are secretly seeing each other so it baffles Jeongyeon why all of a sudden Dahyun knew about her marriage until Nayeon shows her an article online. It’s an interview with her father. Of course. Dahyun has probably been in her chatterbox mode when she showed Nayeon the article.

 

“Babe listen, okay? I didn’t expect for you to know about the situation like this. I wanted to tell you. I was swamped with work because I was planning on taking a flight to see you

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter