Back in the school

6 Genies = 6 Wishes

 

"So these are your timetable. Follow them and go to your classes. I only have the same lunch periods with Himchan, Youngjae and Jongup so the others, my friend Myungsoo will guide you around, alright?" I explained.

"Yeah yeah. You nag too much. Oh wait! I said that before, didn't I?" Youngjae said.

"Oh, noona, we have the same science classes." Jongup showed me his timetable.

I took notice of the way he said noona, which was extremely different from how Zelo does it, and forgave him for using genie language this once because it sounded sweet.

"Oh really?"

He nodded with a bright smile. I didn't notice myself staring until Byunghun pulled Jongup, who was standing exceptionally close, away from me.

"Don't go to close. She's my girl," He warned.

Jongup looked between me and Byunghun cluelessly and then a smile broke on his face."Ah, you mean noona's your girlfriend?"

"Yes, and stop with the noona. What the is that anyway?" Byunghun scowled."It better not be something like 'yeobo' or 'jagiya'."

"Merong! We're not going to tell you, meanie!" Zelo stuck out his tongue at Byunghun who in turn scowled back and ran off to his classes, not worried that he was going to be alone.

I stifled a giggle at how adorable he was. It was clear how much Byunghun wanted to punch that guy, but he was a kid and he knew that so he couldn’t bring himself to.

"Then we'd get going too. Come on," Yongguk said and motioned for the others to go to where they were supposed to be.

"We'll see you for lunch, right?" Himchan asked.

"Yes."

"No!" Myungsoo and Byunghun yelled.

I shot them a look and gave Himchan a reassuring smile."I'll meet you at your lockers."

He nodded hesitantly and jogged off. I turn to the other boys and gave them a stern look.

"Their new here so treat them better," I said.

Byunghun opened his mouth to complain but I glared at him. He closed his mouth, grumbled something inaudible and shuffled off. Myungsoo on the other hand gave me a weird look and shook his head.

"I should have known someone like you will make friends with such weird people." He gave a knowing nod and walked away.

"Yah yah yah, what do you mean by that? Are you calling me weird?"

"Weird? I didn't say you were weird."

"Yes you did."

"I didn't. You did."

"But you just hinted I was weird."

"Well, if you think that way, then okay. You're weird." He grinned, pats my cheeks gently and walked into his class.

I huffed and was about to walk to my own class when I heard someone running towards me. I saw Jongup in the far distance.

"I forgot. We have the same classes." He said while panting.

I chuckled and nodded, walking alongside him. When I walked into class, I was prepared for the attention they were going to get. I mean, if their blonde they have to be good looking. And it's a natural effect for people to take more attention to a guy with blonde hair.

"New student?" The teacher asked.

"Neh, sonsaengnim!" Jongup greeted brightly.

Mr. Ahn frowned."What was that?"

Jongup opened his mouth but I jumped in."Oh, nothing. That's just his way of saying teacher. He's from another country."

"Are you two related?" Mr. Ahn asked.

"No, we're just roommates but one of his friends is my cousin." I explained.

"Ah," Mr. Ahn acted surprised although it was clear he wasn't interested."Right, so find a seat and start taking down notes. I hope you'll catch up soon, Mr..."

"Moon. It's Moon Jongup sir." Jongup caught on quite quickly.

Mr. Ahn nodded in acknowledgement and motioned for him to find a seat. I led him to the back where I usually sit by myself. Just when I was settling down, I saw Jongup take our a weird object that looked like a twig.

"What's that?"

"This?" He held up the weird object.

I nodded.

"It's a pen?" He said it as a question, like I was pretty dumb not to know that a twig is a pen.

"Pen?"

He saw what other people were holding in their hands."Ah, we have that too but we genies prefer to keep it eco friendly."

I gave him a blank look.

"Look." He said and held out the twig. I saw a small hook sticking out from the upper side and he pressed it down, a sharp end popping out from the tip. He then took a paper and started doodling on it, surprisingly out came ink that looked like pencil lead.

"Is this erasable?"I touched what he wrote.

"No...It’s a pen."

"Then what's a pencil?"

"This."

He flipped the little hook up and pressed another hook which I suddenly noticed down. Another sharp end pointed out and he wrote it on paper, the same kind of ink colored lead came out.

"So this is pencil?"

He nodded.

"Wow..." I awed at the object.

"So where are you going to buy one of these since now you're on Earth?"

"Just pick up a twig."

I raised an eyebrow at the insanity of it all."A twig. You can do that?"

"We can do anything." He looked around and lowered his voice, leaning closer to me."We have magic, remember?"

I stared at him and then caught on with Mr. Ahn's voice going on about atomic structure. I droned him out and faced Jongup directly.

"Okay, so I'm thinking we won't learn much today. Tell me everything I need to know."

Jongup grinned."Starting from the beginning?"

"From the very beginning."