(Almost) Busted

6 Genies = 6 Wishes

 

The next day, I woke up and did my normal morning routine before preparing myself breakfast. The doorbell rang and with a toast in my mouth, I went to open the door.

"Hey there, birdbrain." Myungsoo grinned, holding up two cups of iced coffee.

I rolled my eyes and stepped aside for him to come in."I'll forgive you considering you bought me coffee."

Myungsoo plopped down on the couch and placed his feet on the coffee table. "Are you ready to go?"

"Almost."

"And what's this?" Myungsoo asked as he held up a handkerchief.

"I thought you were smart." I snatched it away from his hand but caught sight of the design on the cloth.

A lamp.

My eyes widened. The boys! Like instinct, something crashed in my study room at that moment. Myungsoo stood up and looked between me and the study room with wide eyes.

"What was that?" He said in a hush tone.

"I'm sure it's nothing. I'll go check it out." I hurriedly replied and rushed to the room but he held me back.

"No, you should stay here. I'll go check it out," Myungsoo said and inched towards the room.

I watched in horror as his hands outstretched towards the knob. In a panic, I ran over and was about to push him away but he was a tad bit quicker and kicked the door open. I held my breath and awaited the sight of the 6 genies but nothing.

We both stared into the empty room. Many CDs was strewn all over the floor with an empty box lying in the middle. I let out a relieved sigh and regained my composure. I laughed and hit Myungsoo's shoulder lightly.

"I told you it was nothing. Let's go."

I grabbed my bag and pushed Myungsoo out of the house. I turned to look at my empty house one more time, wondering where they went and swearing I thought I saw a flash of blonde, I closed the door behind me.

===

"So, are you up for a movie date?" Myungsoo asked as I sipped my coffee.

"What shows are there?"

"Not much. Either you pick the one that would leave you having a nightmare or the other which might leave you having wet dreams." Myungsoo smirked."Take your pick."

I punched his arm."Get yourself a girlfriend if you can't control your hormones."

Myungsoo pouted and rubbed the hit spot."I want to but no one wants me."

"Correction: Many girls want you but you're too picky to choose one."

"They just like me because I'm handsome."

"Yeah, like anyone would like a guy who's ugly." I raised a hand."No offense."

"None taken. But that's not necessarily true. I'd date you even if you aren't all princess like."

I glared at him and was about to throw another insult his way when I felt a pair of arms wrap around my waist. I looked behind my shoulder and saw Byunghun.

"Hey baby." He kissed me on the cheek.

He turned to acknowledge Myungsoo and gave him a rigid nod. Myungsoo nodded back.

Maybe I'm lying if I saw these two have their differences.

I continued walking in between them two, getting awkward.

"Uhm, so, the weather's good today huh?" I tried starting a conversation.

"It's too hot."

"It's too cold."

Myungsoo and Byunghun glared at each other. I laughed nervously.

"You two are so funny. Well, have you finished the assignment Mr. Ahn gave?"

"I'm in History."

"I'm in Geography."

I mentally face palmed myself."Oh right."

So I guess you guys can see the differences between those two guys. But before I could start up yet another worthless conversation, I heard shouts from behind. The three of us turned around and my eyes almost popped out of it's socket.

There, in the far distance, was 6 blonde heads all running and waving in our direction.

My jaw dropped and I watched them in disbelief.

"Hey, aren't those the blondes from yesterday?” Byunghun asked.

"Blondes from yesterday?" Myungsoo eyed me.

"Hi noona!" Zelo greeted although he was still a clear 50 meters away from me.

I saw Yongguk hit his head, mouthing something I made out as 'watch your language'.

Jongup was the first to arrive and he gave me a bright, innocent smile."Hi."

I nodded my head as the others soon came to a stop in front of me.

"Oh gosh, I should go running next time. Catch up on my stamina." Youngjae said, breathless.

"Haejin, do you care to explain who these people are?" Myungsoo asked.

"Hey, isn't that the guy who barged into-"

"Zelooooooo!" Himchan trailed and went to hug him."Aren't you just the cutest? Oh hey look, butterflies! Go see them!" Himchan pushed Zelo in the direction of the bushes.

I caught Byunghun and Myungsoo staring at them with eyebrows raised.

Oh god. Now I know who to look out for.

"What are you guys doing here? Shouldn't you be at home?" I emphasized on 'home'.

But Yongguk appeared oblivious and shook his head with a gummy smile."We'll be attending school while we're here."

"School?" I gasped.

"Yes, school. You know, where people get their education and listen to teachers yak about stupid stuff and the only thing students look forward to is lunchtime," Youngjae explained.

"I know that," I hissed."But why are you guys going to school? It's not like you guys will be staying here for long, right?"

"Well, we'll go when we've finished our business," Jongup said.

"What business? Who are they?" Myungsoo asked, clueless.

"They're my neighbors."

"Neighbors? So living in the room next to yours means we're neighbors?" Zelo said, appearing out of nowhere.

"Bwoh?! They live in your house? I thought..." Byunghun trailed off.

I looked at him nervously, glancing through the clueless face of Myungsoo and the oblivious faces of the 6 blondes.

"Haejin, I think you need to do some self explanation," Myungsoo said, looking at all 8 of us worriedly.

I quickly racked my brain for a logic explanation.

"Well, actually they rented my study room. One of them is my mother's friend's son from New York so their kind of using my study room until they find their own apartment."

I smiled at Byunghun and Myungsoo, giving careful stares towards the boys. Yongguk must have understood, because he nodded his head.

"Yes, we're just staying at Haejin's house for the meantime."

With uncertain faces, the two boys looked at me and decided to believe my lie just in the meantime.

"Then we should get your roommates to school before it's too late." Myungsoo said.

I sighed in relief at his help and we started walking again, heading towards school.

I need to be wary now, since I'll probably be stuck with these 6 genies for a little while.