Slushies and movies

6 Genies = 6 Wishes

 

The next day was a Friday, and I was personally in a good mood despite the fact I still didn't get my revenge on the boys. I did my normal morning routine before going to wake the boys up. It was the first time I actually went into the room with all of them sleeping and I saw how they managed. They actually made 6 pair of sleeping mattresses with a bolster, blanket and pillow. They were all huddled together though.

"Wake up! It's time for school!" I shouted but none of them moved an inch.

I went into the kitchen, grabbed a metal pan and ladle and went into the room. I started banging them together and I'm pretty sure they'd wake up since I myself was getting an ear sore from the sound.

"Wake up, wake up! It's fridayyyy!" I sang.

Maybe this is my retribution for them.

"Yeoja! Shut the up there!" Himchan cursed.

"Yeah, asdfghjutsfheup," Yongguk mumbled.

Daehyun and Zelo continued showing no signs of waking up while Jongup and Youngjae stirred in their sleep, blinking to see their surroundings.

"What's with the din so early in the morning?" Youngjae slurred.

"It's Friday. It's a school day! How did you guys even wake yourself up during the past?" I asked, exasperated.

"We wake up late, so we teleport ourselves there," Jongup told me patiently.

I stood still. Teleport. They've been teleporting while I make my legs do so much hard work. So much for helping.

"Okay, whatever. Just get your asses up. I'll leave first then." I grunted in response and headed out, mood completely dampened. I changed, packed my bag and went out just when the others only finished brushing their teeth.

"I'm leaving first. Don't get into detention," I reminded flatly, knowing they'd never be late with their secret power.

Byunghun wasn't waiting for me. He usually does, but nowadays he seemed pretty occupied in the mornings. As for Myungsoo, he must be out with his friends. I walked through the school gates and was heading to my locker when the janitor's door opened and the 6 genies came out from it. I halted and stared at them in shock.

"You guys..."

They all looked around just in case people suspected them and when the coast was clear, they started off in the direction I was heading, not knowing I'd just witnessed everything. I heaved a sigh and continued my trek, suddenly feeling ever so pathetic. Maybe I should wish for special powers like them too.

School got on as normal, except I probably got more haters since they found out I not only have Byunghun as a boyfriend and Myungsoo as a best friend but the 6 new transfers are my roommates.

Seriously, these people fail at hiding their hatred.

I said goodbye to a few of my friends who doesn't hate me. I didn't see Byunghun again, and neither Myungsoo so I decided to go home by myself. Surprisingly, the genies all got their own after school activities.

Himchan went to become a DJ in our school's radio cast while Youngjae was keen on getting into journalism. Zelo joined football and Yongguk joined the IT club while Daehyun went into photography, working with the Journalism team too. As for Jongup, I don't know what he got into. He might have gone to join the muscle team or something like basketball or football but so far, nope.

Halfway home, someone tapped my shoulder and I spun around but no one was in sight. Tilting my head in confusion, I continued my walk back home. But again, someone tapped my shoulders. I turned around but not a single soul was behind me. Getting creeped out, I quickened my footsteps. I turned around to look behind my shoulder but collided with someone at the front. I stumbled back as I caught Jongup laughing.

"Oh, thank god you're here. I swear, I think a ghost is tailing me."

Jongup laughed even harder. I eyed him carefully until it hit me.

"You're the one, aren't you?"

Jongup grinned and nodded.

"But I can't see you."

Jongup replied with making himself invisible and the image of when Myungsoo came into my house and the sudden noise and disappearance of the boys.

"I see," I mumbled, feeling annoyed by their powers which I clearly don't have.

"You were pretty freaked out there, weren't you noona?" He asked the grin still there.

"No I wasn't. I was just scared I won't make it in time for my TV show."

"And what's that?"

"The..." I trailed and racked my brains."TV show."

Jongup paused and then burst out laughing again."The TV show?"

"Yes, it's a stupid name but a very good show."

"Then can I watch it with you?" He asked.

"Don't you have any activities?"

Jongup nodded."I do but not today. It's mostly every Tuesday and Thursdays."

"No CCA falls on those days."

Jongup nodded."Dance."

I scrunched up my face."You mean you joined the Korean traditional dance class?"

Jongup chuckled."No. Dance. Hip hop, breakdance."

"We have such things in our school?"

"You didn't know?" Jongup asked, surprised.

I froze and then looked away."I know, I just thought they closed it down already or something."

"Oh. Okay," Jongup shrugged and smiled."So what time is the TV show?"

"Uh, it's showing now already. We'll be late for it even if we rush back home so might as well take our time now," I explained quickly.

"Didn't you want to watch it?"

"I can do so on YouTube."

There was silence from him.

"You guys have YouTube right?"

Jongup smiled sheepishly."We have, except we call ours Wishtube instead of YouTube."

"So do you have idols back in your hometown?"

"Yeah. We're idols ourselves."

I stopped walking."You guys are idols."

He nodded."All six of us. We form a group call B.A.P"

"And what does that stand for?"

"Best. Absolute. Perfect."

I kept my mouth in a straight line."Wow."

"You know what my role is in the group, noona?"

"Dancer?"

He nodded excitedly."I'll show you my dance when I've finished it."

"Okay."

"So are we still watching any shows?"

"If you want to."

"You have snacks right?"

"I ran out."

"But I just saw a lot the previous day."

"I ate it okay." I saw him open his mouth and cut him."Don't ask any more questions!"

He looked at me and nodded."Then let's go buy some there."

We went to the nearby convenience shop. While we were walking down the aisle, Jongup was picking up things, looking at them curiously and then putting it back.

"You've never seen them before?"

"There are some we don't have back there."

We continued walking until I noticed Jongup wasn't by my side. I turned around and saw him looking at the slushie machine curiously.

"You want to try some?"

"What's that?"

"Slushies."

"Slushies?"

I nodded and proceeded to take a huge cup. Jongup's eyes widened."So big?!"

I grinned."One for you, one for me."

"How do I finish that?"

"You would somehow. Okay, first, you pick the flavor you want."

He looked at the different colored flavors and pointed at the green apple.

"Okay, then you just put the cup there and push down that red level. You wait until it's filled before putting on the cover and you're done!"

He listened and did what I told him to. I did the same and took cherry flavor instead. We paid up for the snacks and continued walking back home. Jongup tried a few gulps and quickly pulled back. His face scrunched up. "Ack. Brain freeze."

I laughed at how cute he was and opened a packet of snacks. We played a game of I spy to pass the time.

"I spy something that is green and has living things in it."

"Trees."

"Correct! My turn! I spy something yellow and stinky."

I looked around and spotted the trash can. I pointed at it and Jongup nodded.

"I spy something black and have three fingers."

"What's that?"

"A bird, you bird brain!" I exclaimed.

"I didn't you to tell me!"

"But you said 'what's that' so I have to tell you!"

Jongup gazed at me and decided to drop the matter."I spy something beautiful."

"The flowers?" I guessed but he shook his head.

"The clouds?"

Wrong again. I tried guessing every single thing, even the floor which was clearly not beautiful but I was still wrong. Finally, I gave up.

"Okay, what's that?"

Jongup's expression softened."Noona."

"Noon-" I stopped when I realized what he was saying. A blush crept up my face and I felt my body temperature rise rapidly."Oh."

A silence overcame us and I found it too suffocating so I laughed."Well, of course I'm beautiful."

It must have done the trick because Jongup gave a down-to-earth laugh. Things went back to normal and we chatted on about other stuffs until we reached. I didn't even bother changing and plopped down on the sofa.

"So, what do you want to watch?"

"Anything you want."

"Romance? Thriller? Horror? Suspense? Comedy?"

Jongup thought hard."Do you have any movies related to dancing?"

"Step up 3?"

Jongup's face brightened and he nodded enthusiastically. I chuckled and got ready the disc.

"You really like dancing, huh?" I said.

He nodded, his eyes already fixated on the TV screen. I just smiled and shook my head.

It felt nice to get to know what they like. It was like gaining another friend, knowing they like something. It just makes me feel closer to them. And this feeling was a little new, since I have friends but none of them are close to me so I'm not going to stop now. They'll leave one day, I'm pretty sure but there's still time and I'm going to use it to get to know them better. Maybe in the long run, it'd be worth it.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I'm trying to make it a habit to update at least once a day, if not twice. And as you can see, this chapter was where Haejin and Jongup had a moment together! It'd be like that in the future. I'll try to dedicate a chapter for Haejin and the other BAP members so that no one will feel left out. And this is also important, because who knows, maybe only one of them might end up with Haejin and you readers are the one who have to do the picking.