CHAPTER 5

POSSESSION

Yoongi is not sure he heard the other right. He stands there staring at the other trying to process whatever was said to him. Surely he heard wrong. There is no way that the other invited him upstairs. And asking him to have dinner at the table too? Yoongi was certain the days in the basement has done something to his brain.

Yoongi stumbles at a rather harsh pull, making him look up at his captor. The soft look that was there on his face was gone now replacing it with a rather dangerous tint to it as his eyes narrows and he repeats “I said, come up.”

That look pulls Yoongi out of whatever stupor he was in as he takes a small nervous step towards him.

He looks at his captor's face and sees that whatever dangerous look that had appeared on the other's face has disappeared just as quickly as it appeared replacing it with a glint in the eyes. The man, no… he looked more like a boy right at this moment. The boy's face reminds Yoongi of a child who is excited about getting a new toy and showing it around the house.

Jungkook has his back towards him as he starts walking towards the stairs with Yoongi’s chain in one hand. Yoongi quietly follows, equally nervous and excited about getting out of the basement, even if he is still chained like a dog.

Yoongi knows that this is his chance. If he wants to escape, he has to do it now. In few more steps, the door is gonna open and he has to make use of his chance somehow. He thinks as Jungkook turns the knob and opens the door

What welcomes Yoongi is nothing like he expected. Well, not like he expected much but it was definitely not this. He had always imagined the other guys' home to be cold, dark, and gloomy, just like his soul. But this was… this was different… small but warm.

A huge floor to ceiling bookshelf greets Yoongi first. On it, in a neatly arranged fashion lays several books that supply a pop of color to the room. Close to it lays a fireplace and a cozy and soft looking sofa facing the fireplace. On the hardwood floor, there is a small round table with a ceramic flower pot over it. Yoongi finds himself once again at a loss of words as he stares at the boys living space.

He turns to look at the boy staring at him with eyes that now seems much too large for his face. Deer eyes, thinks Yoongi. Much to his shock, the boy gives him an embarrassed smile realizing that the other man was checking out his living room before turning away and walking towards the dining table. Yoongi blinks at the action before he feels the pull at his chains which makes him follow the man-boy.

Yoongi takes a look around the room searching for anything that could give him a chance at escaping as the other man bends down to wind Yoongi’s chain around one of the legs of the table.

“Sit,” he says, motioning towards one of the chairs.

Yoongi sits obediently, his bound hands on his lap and his back straights. The man looks at him once and once he seemed to think that Yoongi’s posture was acceptable, turns to the kitchen, to turn on the stove to make whatever it was that he seemed fit for dinner. Yoongi watches the room carefully, eyes occasionally falling on his captor to make sure that the other is not watching him. That is when his eyes fall on the landline telephone attached to the wall near the bookshelf and he gasps.

Jungkooks head turns around so fast that Yoongi wonders if his neck is alright

“What?” the man asks him skeptically

“s..smells g..good” Yoongi stutters, looking at his fingers on the lap, his wrist wound by chains, praying that the man did not notice anything weird.

But to Yoongi’s surprise, the man grins. Actually grins with his teeth on full display. Yoongi notes that his two front teeth are slightly big than the others giving him a look of a bunny.

Jungkooks turns his back towards Yoongi but he can hear the other man's smile as he says. “My mom taught me to cook. She was such a great cook, you know. Taught me all of her great recipes before she left. You are gonna love it”

“What is your name?” Yoongi hears himself asking before he could stop himself. It’ll come in handy when I escape. He reasons

There was a slight pause before he got an answer. As if the other was still thinking over whether to tell him or not

“Jungkook,” he says, as he moves closer to Yoongi and stands, looming over him “but you have to call me Sir”. Yoongi could see Jungkooks eyes darken as he says this and Yoongi shivers, slightly leaning away from him. But the darkness is gone as soon as it came and is replaced by a smile as he runs his fingers through Yoongi’s hair, petting him as if he was a cat, making Yoongi flinch.

As soon as Jungkook turns away to resume his cooking Yoongi knows that he has to do something. Even if it puts him at risk, he has to take a chance. The man is dangerous and so are his intentions. He should not be fooled by bambi eyes and bunny smiles. Analyzing the other man's mood, Yoongi finally decides to take a chance.

“Jungkook”, he calls out to be met with a pair of displeased eyes. He thinks over what he said and quickly corrects himself. “Sir”

Jungkook hums and smiles, surely pleased.

He swallows back the disgust and says “if it's not too much to ask, may I use the washroom please?”

Jungkook looks at him questioningly “I thought you relieved yourselves down there” he says nodding towards the basement door.

“Yes..” he pauses “It's... um... it's not for that... I want to brush my teeth... if it's okay with you. It tastes bad in my mouth and I don't want to eat your food while my mouth feels like this”

At this Jungkook pauses his stirring and thinks for a while before humming.

“Yeah, I guess it's a fair request. Make it fast though” he nods towards a door which Yoongi assumes is the door to the bathroom. “There must be a spare toothbrush inside. And don’t close the door” he says, the last part more of a command.
Yoongi gets up and slowly walks towards the door, the chain long enough to reach the bathroom. As soon as he enters, he searches everywhere for anything that he could use to his advantage but comes up short. Not finding anything, he hides behind the open door, leaning close to the wall

Yoongi assumes that about 10 minutes must have gone by even though it feels like hours. Anytime now he thinks as he hears footsteps approaching

“Yoongi where are you. I thought I made it very clear to be fast” he could hear the anger in the other's voice as it approaches closer.

Yoongi could see Jungkook through the gap in the door. He had the other end of his chains in his hands. As soon as Jungkook kept one more step inside, Yoongi swings the door as hard as he can with his bound hands held tight on the handle, making sure that it hits Jungkook right on his head.

Jungkook went off his balance and Yoongi could see him stumble and hold his hands on his forehead which was surely gonna bruise.

Yoongi does not waste any time as he runs towards the landline he saw earlier and grabbing at it. He takes the receiver quickly and begins to type in the only number that he has memorized. Namjoons. But before he could start typing there is a hand pulling him by the hair and smacking his head on the bookshelf. And then he is flying. Jungkook has thrown him from where he was, his head hitting harshly on the small round table
Yoongi knows that it hurts. It must hurt. But the pain doesn’t register as his adrenaline spikes up and he grabs for the small ceramic pot on the table. He looks up to find a scary-looking Jungkook staring at him. His eyes were wide with anger and his teeth in a snarl.

“You ing ” he could hear Jungkook’s sneering voice but he closes his eyes and swings the pot with all of his strength, hitting Jungkook right in the back of his head. Jungkook’s eyes roll back as his body gives up on him and he falls on his knees near the table.

Yoongi wastes no time as he grabs the telephone once again with his bound hands and starts typing in Namjoons number. But his hands are shivering. His hands are shivering and his mind is panicked and there is no enough space between the bindings and suddenly it's not the right number that he is typing

“.. the police. Call the police you ” he curses as his fingers stumble to type in the emergency number when he is suddenly pulled up by the collar of his shirt.

“No No Let me go!! Please” Yoongi flails and thrashes in his captors hold, feeling ashamed at his own pathetic voice coming out of him “Please” he sobs

He hears more than see the basement door open and suddenly he is thrown down the stairs, his head hitting on the floor with a thud.

Yoongi wants to curl into himself but pulls himself up into a sitting position as he drags himself back to the far end of the wall. He sees a bleeding Jungkook approaching him looking twice as big as Yoongi. Before Yoongi knows, he is plucked out of the floor with a grip on his collar and is dragged towards the center of the room.

A different chain is looped around his already existing one and his body is pulled into an erect position until he is standing on his tiptoes with his hands bound above his head to the ceiling. He feels a cold metal against his skin which he realizes to be that of a scissor.

Suddenly his clothes are being cut off, leaving nothing to cover his modesty. Yoongi cries and thrashes in his position. Throwing all the curses he knows at Jungkook but also somehow managing to beg him for mercy even in between that.

He watches crying and shouting as Jungkook moves towards a wall at the far end of the basement. Only when he turns does Yoongi falls silent.

In his hands, Jungkook was holding a large cane.