Chapter 4

POSSESSION

He doesn’t realize when he fell asleep but was woken up by the discomfort in his bladder which increased with every passing moment. When was the last time he had used the washroom? It was definitely sometime before going to the library the day he was caught. How long ago was that? Yoongi had no idea. He knew that not much time has passed since he was captured. A day at most. But to Yoongi, it felt like weeks. There was no way to tell the time in this dungeon, the only source of light being the bulb that flickered above his head. Yoongi crosses his legs on the floor to reduce the discomfort building in his lower stomach. He lets his mind wander as much as possible just to distract himself from his uncomfortable bladder.

He thought of Namjoon. Tall and handsome Namjoon on whom everyone in the college had a crush on. Girls and boys who didn't know him thought that Namjoon was an intimidating man, with a huge frame and big muscles that could take down any man, rap verses flawlessly flowing out of his lips. But only Yoongi knew the real man behind that persona. The nerdy boy obsessed with harry potter and learning new languages, who would go up to any extent just to make sure that his best friend would reach home safe. Yoongi closes his eyes. Maybe Namjoon was right all along. He was weak and wanted taking care of. If he was able to protect himself, he would not have ended up here in this hellhole, not even able to pee, waiting at the mercy of his captor who had the power to do anything to him. And he wouldn’t even be able to fight back. He should have listened to Namjoon and waited for Taehyung.

Yoongi sighed. Let's not go that path, he thought and let himself drift away again to the thoughts of Namjoon. He smiles gently, thinking of how he once had a crush on Namjoon. But he never confessed, afraid that the feelings will not be returned. He remembers the day when all of his friends were present and was playing a game of truth or dare. He remembers earning for the bottle to stop in their direction so that he can finally have that kiss with Namjoon. But it never came. On the way home, Yoongi kept thinking of going for a kiss but never did. He was later thankful for that because only two days later, Namjoon announced that he was dating Seokjin. It would be a lie if Yoongi said it didn’t hurt. Because it did, big time. Nonetheless, he was happy for his friends even as he blinked back his own sad tears and hugged both of them. But it helped him move on. Now, Namjoon is his best friend on whom he once had a crush. He thinks of how long it will take his best friend to realize Yoongi was missing.

He was broken from his train of thoughts when he heard sounds of footsteps above him before the basement door opened and two feet started their way down the stairs. Yoongi moves further towards the wall and shrinks into himself making himself smaller as the feet approached him.

“Look up!” came the oh-so honey-smooth voice that made Yoongi despite his fear wonder how such a beautiful voice could belong to a man like this. Yoongi just shakes his head, eyes never leaving the floor.

The man just sighs as he places something besides the latter. Yoongi glances sideways only to see a glass of water. He gulps slightly and presses his legs even closer.

“You slept through lunch. The dinner is still being prepared. I figured you might be thirsty because you haven’t drunk anything since morning.” Jungkook says softly, waiting expectantly for the other to drink

Yoongi just presses his lips tightly and shook his head. He knew he should listen to his captor as he didn’t know what the latter would do. But with the condition his bladder was in, Yoongi was not sure he will able to down it

“Drink!” The tone was menacing now. A command. Sacred, Yoongi picks up the glass with shaking hands and brings it closer to his lips. His legs crossed more tightly than even because of not wanting to humiliate himself in front of his captor.

Yoongi could feel his captor's eyes on him but could not see the other's expression. Jungkook was looking at him quizzically, wondering why the other was so reluctant to drink water. Did he think it was poisoned? He was losing his patience and was just about to grab the glass from the other's hand to make Yoongi drink it forcefully when he noticed the latter's shaking legs crossed with each other.

Jungkooks features soften as he facepalms himself. “I am so sorry Yoongi,” he says, making the other look up at him in shock. “I don’t know how it slipped my mind. I can be such an idiot at times” he laughs at himself and unattached the end of Yoongi’s angle chain attached to the wall. “Get up now. The toilet is that way”

Yoongi’s face colors a bright red as he gently gets up on wobbly legs and looks down, ashamed more than scared to look at the others face right now

Jungkook just pulls at the chain like it's nothing, directing Yoongi to follow him, Yoongi doing so without any resistance. He could see that there was no cover for the washroom and realizes that his private moments would be out for his captor to see.

But Jungkook stops a few feet away from the toilet and turns away in the opposite direction of the toilet. “Go ahead, get it done”, he says.

Jungkook knew that he had purposely designed the room in such a way so that his kitten would not be able to hide anything from him but for some reason, at this moment he felt like he should give the other some privacy. “It's just because he was so humiliated earlier. I don’t want it to stop him from connecting with me”, he mutters to himself. He hears the flush going off and he turns back to see a shy Yoongi standing facing him. His cheeks were still red and Jungkook feels some part of him melt.

Jungkook does not know what makes him say it. “Come up. Let's have dinner at the table” he pulls gently at the chain making the other lookup in shock.