THREE

Start Up
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

NEXT DAY

 

7:30 AM

 

Dahyun groaned when she felt someone on top of her that kept her face. She slowly opens her eyes to see ahri her face waggling his tail, looking at dahyun.

 

"ahri yah!" dahyun whine trying to block her face, but the dog just barks at her and jump on the tummy of dahyun.

 

"Okay, fine, I will wake up!" dahyun said before removing ahri from her tummy.

 

Dahyun stretched her body before picking ahri and carrying it.

 

"you are my alarm now, aren't you?" dahyun asked, who only got a bark that made her smile and put ahri down to put a portion of dog food and clean water for ahri.

 

"eat well, ahri," dahyun said when her stomach grumbled that made her sigh before going to her cabinet.

 

"damn it!" dahyun mumbled while looking at her cabinet, which is empty dahyun gave a big sigh on herself before closing the cabinet.

 

"As long ahri is full, I'm good," dahyun whispered and drank water to relieve her hunger. She opens the speaker that tzuyu gift to her before connecting it to her phone.

 

Dahyun was suspended for one week. It was an advantage to find some extra money because her money in the bank wasn't enough for them.

 

"I'll give you one more time We'll give you one more fight" dahyun sang along to the song while staring at the mirror and kept scrubbing her face with the face scrub that Jackson's girlfriend gave to her.

 

"Said one more line There'll be a riot, cause I know you" dahyun continued while wiping her face with a towel and putting the toothpaste on her toothbrush. 

 

While dahyun was busy brushing her teeth, she noticed that ahri kept barking at the door. She stopped brushing her teeth before pausing the music after a few seconds when she heard a knock.

 

"maybe my neighbor will scold me again for having loud music," dahyun mumbled before gargling and spitting the water at the sink.

 

"wait up!" dahyun yelled while wiping .

 

As dahyun opened her door, she froze at the front door. She didn't expect she would see the two familiar faces.

 

she hates to admit to herself that she misses these two

 

"hyun!" jisoo yelled before throwing herself to the younger.

 

"I miss you so much," jisoo continues while hugging the latter tight, burying her face on the neck of pale girl but, dahyun didn't hug her sister back and chose her pride and seems jisoo notice it and slowly pull herself.

 

"hyun" dahyun sees her brother, who immediately hugs her.

 

"How did you find me?" dahyun asked the two, who looked at each other.

 

"I saw you at the road walking alone, so I followed you," xiumin explained dahyun just kept num when ahri barked at the back that making the two eyes widen.

 

"I thought you have a phobia of dogs?" jisoo asked, but dahyun just shook her head.

 

"That was before, and now I don't," dahyun coldly said

 

"dahyun, you've become a more thin look. What happened to you? are you good here?" jisoo bombard dahyun, a question who just nods at jisoo and xiumin.

 

"I'm fine, jisoo and xiumin. I'm good here," dahyun answered. jisoo and xiumin were taken aback at the sudden formal, but they chose to keep silent.

 

"so, what do you want?" dahyun asked.

 

"We miss you, dahyun, please let's talk," xiumin said dahyun had no choice but to let the two enter.

 

As the two enter the apartment, they roam their eyes inside. the apartment was small but can able to fit two people, and the apartment was neat

 

There was one sofa table, one small refrigerator, and some important things to house the two sitting on the sofa while looking at dahyun.

 

"I don't have some food here to feed it to the both of you," dahyun spoke while petting ahri, who is cuddling on her.

 

"We are good hyun, don't worry," xiumin answered. A silence filled again, and dahyun couldn't take it anymore. She is so ing hungry.

 

"what do you want?" dahyun asked the two while patting the head of ahri.

 

"you don't want to come back anymore at the house?" jisoo asked dahyun, who stopped petting ahri and looked at them.

 

"that's not going to happen, chu. I choose this life at all," dahyun said before putting ahri down.

 

"Are you still blaming yourself for what happened to y-"before she could xiumin continue his word, dahyun stopped him.

 

"d-don't e-ever m-mention h-her!" the two got startled, and they could see the pain in dahyun's eyes they wanted their sibling back, the old dahyun, so they are trying to complete their family.

 

"dahyun, you need to stop this. Come back to us" jisoo stand up on her sit before walking towards dahyun

 

"Stop blaming yourself for what happened before. It wasn't your fault at all. It was an accident," jisoo continued while caressing dahyun, who just covered her ears.

 

"Please! stop acting as if you care about me because in the first place you didn't give care to me," dahyun begged while her tears started to form in her eyes all the pain that she's been carrying when xiumin kneeled beside them and buried the face of dahyun on his chest

 

"what do you want to me? I'm not bothering you anymore. Why would you bother me?" dahyun mumbled on the chest of xiumin while jisoo kept holding dahyun's hand tight.

 

"dahyun, let's complete our family again. Come back to us if begging you was the only solution we will do it for you" dahyun looked at jisoo before shaking her head.

 

"After what I did, I think I don't have a right to face our family, especially mom and dad," dahyun sadly said before pulling herself.

 

"its mother wishes to see you. You forgot what day it is today. It's her birthday tonight," jisoo said

 

"so you're here, and you want me to come on that birthday, right?" dahyun asked, wiping her tears.

 

"my answer is no, jisoo," dahyun finished. She was starving, and her sibling made her more hungry she wanted to ask for some money. Still, she doesn't want her pride to be stepped down, so even though how much she was hungry, she wanted to kick her siblings out of her apartment so she could find some extra jobs.

 

Their silence was interrupted when dahyun's stomach grumbled that made the pale girl want to burry herself.

 

"Cmon, I will cook for you," jisoo said and was ready to go into the kitchen when dahyun immediately stood up and blocked her.

 

"i-I d-don't h-have f-food h-here s-so y-you b-better g-go a-and i-ill b-be f-fine," dahyun stuttered and looked away.

 

“WHAT?!”jisoo and xiumin yell

 

"How could you survive like this dahyun? Come back to our house. You've been suffering yourself here since then. Hearing that you don't have food makes my heartbreak," jisoo scold, but the pale girl just shakes her head.

 

"I'm fine, jisoo unnie. I have lived here for many, many years, so I will get food after you leave. Don't worry about me," that was dahyun said

 

 

 

 

 

 

Fast forward

 

Jisoo and xiumin look at each other, watching dahyun, eating all the food that serves them. After jisoo and xiumin beg, the pale girl doesn't have a choice but to come to them.

 

"careful, no one will eat that," xiumin said, giving the water to dahyun, who just nodded at her and kept eating the food that was served to them.

 

Dahyun savors the food that she is eating. She knows how much this food cost. She didn't know how much race or fight she would do just to eat this food.

 

The two can't help but be sad at their younger sister. They wanted to help, but they didn't know how to start. They knew why did dahyun had become like that.

 

"so how could you live by yourself so that we wouldn't worry about you?" jisoo asked dahyun, who stopped munching her food before looking at them.

 

"I'm a working student. I will work to some available jobs like a waitress or janitress whatever is it" dahyun lied and drank her Frappuccino.

 

"how about your school?" xiumin continues.

 

"good," dahyun answered.

 

"I'm still on the dean list," dahyun continued and gave a big bite on her pizza.

.

"Really?!" the two yell in excitement.

 

"you did well, dahyunie!" jisoo continue before hugging the latter when she noticed some bruises on her arms and knuckles.

 

"What happens to this hyun?" jisoo asked while caressing the hand of the pale girl.

 

"just crash because of the slippery road," dahyun lied again.

 

"you are still using the motor that we gave to you?" xiumin asked while dahyun nodded at them. The two just look at dahyun, who continues to eat, hoping this day will end in a good way.

 

As dahyun finishes her food, she knows she will have a consequence.

 

"I shouldn't eat that much," dahyun thought.

 

"uh, can I ask what the consequence for eating this is?" dahyun asks. The two didn't answer and pulled the pale girl.

 

"We saw that you are lacking some things in your apartment so let's grocery," jisoo said, but dahyun held their hand.

 

"I can handle myself. You don't need to do this" the two just tap her back.

 

"we been your brother and sister for many years, but we didn't take care of you, so let us do this" dahyun has no choice but to come with her sibling and buy some stacks to her rented apartment.

 

"you need this hyun," xiumin said, adding the choco pie in the cart dahyun's eyeshine. After many, many months, she never got to taste the choco pie while the two was busy looking for some things, dahyun caught a black color toy for dog's

 

"c-can w-we b-buy t-this uh i-its o-okay I" before could dahyun continue jisoo snatch the toys for dogs dahyun softly smile before thanking jisoo

 

"here's your receipt, ma'am," the cashier said dahyun looked at the small computer to check how much, but her eyes

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter