Being a rebel because I honestly Don't Care.

The Birch's Nobody

We always met in the heart of the forest, it was always like our favourite place. This is where the biggest and more sturdy trees were at. It was also one of the nicest, untouched areas, probably because no one went this far into the forest.  I trudged through the thick forest floor to our place, my iPod played comforting music in my ears. I always liked coming here first. I liked walking here on my own because it gave me some peaceful thinking time. I remember when I first met the guys, and how I bravely showed them this place, wondering if they’d laugh in my face and walk off. And they didn’t. They thought it was a pretty cool and stuck by me. I think it was then that I finally got my life back.

I smiled, I loved it here so much. It was another place I could call home. I braced myself against a thick trunk and threw my satchel across my shoulder.  I climbed with ease and settled on a thick branch a little high from the ground. I took out my notebook and pen, I began writing.

Birds chirped, trees swayed in the breeze and the tiny insects rustled on the forest floor. I looked around through the thick, leafy canopies, watching how the sun caught the colours. So many shades of browns and greens were what I could see. I had already laid the picnic basket and the  gigantic red checker blanket on a spot next to a tree.

I eventually heard the familiar chatter of the guys. I looked down from the tree to see their heads below me. I rolled my eyes when I heard them cheer and head for the picnic basket. Such guys...had they even noticed that I was up here?

“Ara! Where are you?!” I heard Daesung’s distinct voice yelling like the crazy guy he was. I dangled my legs over the branch, swinging them back and forth as I watched them. I had no idea whether Daesung really hadn’t seen me or if he was just acting. He was strange like that...

“Up here.” I called watching as they all looked up. Daesung winked at me and I rolled my eyes at him. I climbed down from the tree and jumped to the ground. I proceeded to the big blanket, sitting Taeyang as we all helped ourselves. I opened my book while chewing on a raspberry, reading from where I had left off.

“Good book?” I heard Taeyang say.

“Mhm...” I replied nonchalantly.

“Looks crap.” I heard TOP say.

“I disagree. You look crap.” I countered.  I got up from my seat walking off. “I’m going to find a more peaceful place to read my book.” I grumbled. I trudged through the forest, hearing their laughing. They had brought alcohol anyway, I hated that stuff.  They could get drunk if they wanted,  I wasn’t going to be a part of it. I took a long winding walk down the forest, it seemed I was going to explore today.

I hadn’t been this far through the forest before, normally I only ever went to the centre and then I’d turn back. Oh well, exploring was fun. I hadn’t bothered to make sure I knew where I was going because frankly I didn’t care, I just wanted to keep walking. I felt rebellious right now, it’s not like it was impossible to never find my way out anyway. I walked into a clear spot, where the sun flung down to the ground clearly. Everything looked magical, glimmering with the light. I smiled at it’s beauty.

There was a fallen tree. I stared at it, wondering what the story was behind it’s posture. I wonder how it fell.. It still looked magnificent either way.  I walked over to the trunk, sitting on it. I ran my fingers along the deep ridges edged into the structure. I marvelled at the setting I was in. I was definitely going to come here more often. I opened my book again, reading from where I had been interrupted. It was a pretty good book, well a good one for a romance novel. I wasn’t really into Lovey-Dovery-Gaggy-Mushy. Mystery was more my thing, I loved mystery, especially the Sherlock Holmes series.  The trunk was a great reading place and I got very far into the book.

Until I heard the sound of someone approaching. Figuring it would probably be one of the guys, I looked up ready to something that would make me look like a smartass. I was surprised to see a familiar guy, walking a wrinkly dog.

What was Kwon Ji Young doing here?