Transfer Student.

Turn of the tide.

Everyday - All the remarks, jokes and glares. Sometimes, I wish I would go to sleep and never wake up to face the next day. Every night, I cried myself to sleep and returned to school lifelessly the next day. I started to talk less and slowly, I stopped talking. There was no point speaking when no one listened, I thought. I started to turn to my only comfort- food.

Eating makes me feel happy and satisfied. I started eating more than before. Somehow, the more I eat, the happier I got. Chocolates, sweet, fried food, anything that is edible ended up in my stomach. I feel a sense of guilt after gobbling them down but at least for that moment, I felt glad and living. Whenever I eat, I would see those people stare at me as if I am a freak. Obviously, they wouldn’t forget to drop me a comment.

“No wonder she is so fat…” One of the girls at table next to me whispered to her friend. Apparently, it was loud enough to let me hear. I stopped for a moment, holding the burger tightly in my hands. With tears rolling down my chubby cheeks, I took another bite from the burger and looked away, ensuring no one saw me crying.

What’s wrong with eating? It is an offence for the fat to eat now?!

Then, someone pulled the chair opposite me and joined me. I wiped away those tears hurriedly and looked up at him, confused. It was a guy who looks really handsome. However, he didn’t look familiar at all. I stared at his pretty face and swallowed another mouthful of my burger. I kept quiet and continued staring…

“Don’t mind if I join you?” he asked politely, putting his tray away.

 I shook my head and continued eating. Sensing that I was not interested in talking to him, he kept quiet and ate his food silently too.

I finished up all of my food and stood up, ready to leave.

“Hey. Thanks for sharing the table. My name is Chunji, nice to meet you.” He said with a genuine smile.

I gave him a light nod before walking away with my head down.

“Why is she giving me that depressed feeling?” Chunji thought to himself.

Returning to class, the bell went off and the teacher entered.

“Class, we have a new transfer student joining us. Please introduce yourself.” The teacher said.

“Hello everyone. My name is Chunji and I hope to get along with everyone. Thank you.” He said fluently and flashed an angelic smile.

All the girls in class started squealing while the boys merely rolled their eyes.

“Geez.” Joo Woo said to Myung Soo as he placed his hands on the back of his head.

“Chunji, you may sit at the back of the class, beside Soo Hee.” The teacher said as he pointed to the empty seat beside me.

Walking over, he took the seat beside me and smiled. The girls in class shot me disgusted glares and made annoyed faces. I sighed and looked back down at my work.

“Now I am going to get more haters than before. Damn.” I thought to myself.

“Hey, it’s you again.” He said.

I nodded my head and continued doing my work.

“Don’t you talk?” he asked, awaiting my response.

“I do but there is no need.” I said simply, looking down.

“Don’t be too nice to me. I will read too much into it.” I thought to myself.

I didn’t want him to treat me too nicely because I might just misinterpret his actions. I did not want to have a friend and end up losing him when he started to get sick of me. I did not want to have the feeling of losing something which I never had before, just like the love which used to think I possessed. I did not want to experience being thrown away all over again. It .

With that, he kept quiet and did not talk further. Someone was looking at me and Chunji from afar but I didn’t know. It was Myung Soo who spotted my change in behaviour recently. He noticed how I stopped talking and became heavily obsessed with food. Lessons were passing with some students dozing off while others were diligently taking down notes.

“R…I…N…G!~” The bell went off and the students left the class with their friends.

I waited until everyone left before making my way out. In this way, I would avoid bumping into others and getting unnecessary scoldings. Exiting the classroom backdoor, I saw Myung Soo who was leaning against the wall. He got up and blocked my way. I looked down and shifted to the side, trying to walk past him. However, he shifted again and blocked me. I sighed and looked up.

“You do know that you are like… non-existence nowadays right?” Myung Soo said.

“Darn. What is with the way I phrase my sentence?! I actually meant ‘you are getting too quiet recently and should talk more.’” Myung Soo scolded himself mentally.

“I know.” I said before brushing past him, forcing my way out. Myung Soo merely stood there, dumbfounded.

“I know that I am non-existence. I know that I am of no use. I am probably just an annoyance to everyone around me. Sometimes I wonder if I am dead tomorrow… Will someone shed some tears for me… Or will they be laughing and rejoicing over my death?” I thought sadistically as a tear slipped out of my eye. I brushed it away quickly and walked hurriedly towards the school gate. Then, my bulky form accidentally bumped into someone. The person jerked a few steps back and screamed in annoyance.

“Yah. If you know that you are fat, just stay home and don’t cause annoyance to others in school!” The girl yelled as she walked over to me.

I held back my tears and looked down.

“I am so-sorry.” I apologised.

“You think I will let you get away with just an apology?!” The girl rolled her eyes and glared at me.

“I think an apology should be sufficient.” Someone said as he walked over.

Looking in direction of the voice, the girl instantly changed into an angel. She smiled sweetly and tidied her hair before batting her eyelids at him.

“Why is he helping me?” I thought to myself.

 

Author's Note:
Hey there!:D Chunji has made his appearance ^^ ~
How was the new chapter?:)
I hope it wasn't too boring to read:X
Anyways, hope to see new subscribers and comments <3!!
Thank you for reading :D!