Epilogue

Turn of the tide.

Chunji’s POV

I ran as fast, hoping to find Soo Hee quickly. Then, I spotted her with Myung Soo. Just when I was about to step forward, I saw L hug her. I froze in my position at the sight before me. I stepped two steps back and hid behind the wall, listening to them talk.

“I…I… did not go for plastic surgery like what he said. I achieved everything today through my own efforts… But all those people chose to believe that bastard’s words instead of me! Why?!” I heard Soo Hee scream in annoyance as those held back tears flowed down her cheeks.

I felt my heart getting squeezed as I saw her cry in his shoulders. I was supposed to be the one in Myung Soo’s position.

“I believe you, I really do.” I heard him say.

Narrator’s POV

Releasing her from his arms, Myung Soo stared sincerely into Soo Hee’s eyes. Tears were overflowing her eyes. At that moment, Myung Soo’s simple sentence touched Soo Hee deeply.

He walked in when the whole world walked out.

“He trusts me.” Soo Hee thought as she looked at him.

“Myun- ” She spoke but was cut off by L.

“Soo Hee, listen to me first.” Myung Soo interrupted.

She kept quiet and stared at him.

“I know you hated me because I hurt you once… I regretted my actions then and I am really sorry. When Joo Woo hurt you the other time, I failed to protect you. But this time, I promise you I will be by your side. Will you… allow me to?” he pleaded.

More tears fell from Soo Hee’s reddened eyes.

“B-but… St-step 9.” Soo Hee muttered as she closed her eyes.

She was struggling in her mind with a mixture of hatred and love brewing within her.

“Step 9?” Myung Soo asked in a confused manner.

“Step9: Get back at Kim Myung Soo” She repeated the line which was constantly on her mind.

“I am sorry…” L said as he looked down in guilt.

Soo Hee cried and covered with her hand, trying hard to control herself.

“She still hates me…” Myung Soo thought.

“I will leave first then.” L said coldly as he stood up.

He thought that his presence merely brought more pain to Soo Hee when he heard her words. Just when he was about to leave, Soo Hee grabbed his hand.

“I…I for-forgive you.” Those words came out after much difficulty.

Love finally won over hatred.

A bright smile lit up his face instantly as he turned around. He threw his arms around Soo Hee and hugged her tightly. In his embrace, she smiled blissfully.

“I am never going to let you leave me anymore.” Myung Soo thought to himself.

Breaking the hug, Soo Hee looked up at L with a playful smirk.

“Promise me that you will like me twice as much as I used to as a form of my revenge to you…” She demanded.

“I promise.” L said as he held out his pinky.

Taking her pinky finger, L pulled her towards him. Their lips met and L smirked against her lips. Soo Hee blushed madly as her heart stopped for a second. He broke the kiss and winked at her.

“Promise sealed.”

His words made Soo Hee’s face turned even redder.

Step 10: Be the happy Park Soo Hee.

“I guess Step 10 is completed if I am with Myung Soo.” Soo Hee thought as she looked down shyly.

Chunji was still standing there with a heavy heart. He saw everything and it was killing him inside. Turning away, he walked away quickly. Hye Mi was standing at another corner, observing Chunji silently since the start. She saw what he saw and knew he was feeling lousy inside.

“Pabo.” She muttered under her breath before running after him.

“Yah! Chunji, wait for me!” She yelled as she ran to his side.

“Why are you following me?” Chunji asked, trying his best to act normal.

“Drop the act. I saw everything too. Answering your question, I am here because you looked sad and depressed… Actually, I have a really broad shoulder so I can lend them to you at a rate of 10000 won per minute if you want to cry.” Hye Mi joked.

Chunji laughed a little and continued walking. With her by his side, he felt slightly better, somehow. Hye Mi had never failed to brighten his foul mood since before.

“Yah! I am serious! Cry and get over it so that you can…” Hye Mi paused as she cursed herself mentally.

“I can…?” Chunji stopped walking and turned around.

“Screw this.” Hye Mi thought.

“Fall for me.” She confessed and looked down.

“I…I didn’t know you felt that way towards me…” Chunji said in shock.

“I will wait!” Hye Mi looked up and announced in a serious tone.

“Wait?” Chunji questioned.

“I will wait for Soo Hee to vacant your heart. Then I will take her place here.” Hye Mi said as she smiled and placed her hand over his heart.

“It may take a long time.” Chunji warned.

“It’s okay. I am a really patient person.” Hye Mi said and laughed slightly.

“Oh really? Then who was the girl who kicked the tree and sprained her ankle because I was late the other time?” Chunji teased.

“Yah!” Hye Mi punched him hard in his arm and blushed embarrassedly.

“Let’s go.” Chunji said.

“To where?” Hye Mi asked, surprised.

“The eatery shop down the street. I bet you are hungry too.” Chunji said with a warm smile.

“Yes! I love the food there!” Hye Mi punched her fist excitedly in the air like a kid.

“But you are treating me because I am dejected today.” Chunji stuck out his tongue at Hye Mi.

“Yah! What kind of gentleman are you to get the girl to pay?!” Hye Mi complained as she ran up to Chunji who started walking without her.

“I have never said I was one.” Chunji winked at her and chuckled.

“Fine.” Hye Mi turned away and crossed her arms, pretending to be angry.

“Looks like she still can’t act convincingly huh?” Chunji thought to himself, amused.

Stealing side glances at Chunji, Hye Mi was waiting for him to appease her.

“I am confident that you will fall for me some day…” Hye Mi told herself and smiled.

“If you continue to stare at my handsome face like this, I am going to charge you 10000 won per minute…” Chunji said as he turned to face Hye Mi.

“Who said I was staring at you?! I…I was just admiring the tree behind you…” Hye Mi denied and looked away.

“Maybe in time… I will really fall for you, Jang Hye Mi.” Chunji thought to himself as a smile crept up on his face unknowingly.


Author's Note:
It's the end of 'Turn of the tide' already... D;
I hope you guys liked the ending(:!
Please don't forget to leave me a last comment ^^~
As usual, I don't mind new subscribers(;
Thank you so much for staying with me till the very end <3!
If possible, hope you guys can support my 2 new short-chaptered fics...
Featuring NU'EST: Crossed Paths
Featuring INFINITE(L focused): Melting Ice
I love you readers so much~
Thanks once again for supporting 'Turn of the tide' ! (: