Three

Backyard boys

Yuko bent down to tie her shoelace. She needed to be clean in order to chase down two full-grown boys. Renjun had texted her the destination as to where they’d be meeting and yuko was excited. Their main motive today was to stalk the two boys who had been suspicious lately. 

 

Yuko meets Renjun near the park, wearing all black. Damn, he’s so into the game. She thinks as she nears him. Of course she was excited to spy on Jaemin and Jeno but more than that, she was excited about meeting them. She hadn’t met them after her exams and she really missed the boys.

 

“ I see someone’s ready for this”. Yuko comments as Renjun looks up and then shows her his dazzling smile.

 

“Noona! I didn’t even hear you coming. I missed you.” He says as he gets up to hug her. The two sit on the bench that Renjun was previously sitting on.

 

“I hear Tzuyu noona is also in town.” Renjun says and the lass nods. She had asked her if she wanted to tag along but Tzuyu had excused herself, saying that she had plans. Both of them catch up for a while before discussing the plan for the day.

 

Since Jaemin had accidentally disclosed that they will be around the Daegal Junior high today, the pair decided to hang around the area to see what they could spy on. It wasn’t long before they see Jaemin and Jeno. They watch with careful eyes to see what the two boys were doing. For a long time, they could t figure out what was happening. It was only after Renjun mentioned that a girl seemed to be there, that it clicked. 

 

Jeno and Jaemin were following a girl. But why?

 

Yuko tells Renjun that maybe they should now confront the younger two because they had already spent a good thirty minutes following the two. They run up to the boys and oh, the shock on their faces. Jeno blushes and Jaemin looks like he’s nervous.

 

“Oh hi noona. What are you doing here?” Jeno asks, his hand going through his hair as he nervously his already chapped lips.

 

Yuko smirks evilly before adding,” just seeing what my two little boys are up to.” Jaemin smiles while it’s obvious that Jeno is burning up.

 

“Tell us the truth!” Renjun demands and Yuko nods her head as if to say she’s agreeing and she wants no lies. It takes a while for the guys to finally open up.

 

“Okay fine! Jeno here has a crush on this girl and we were following her because he’s too much of a to properly ask her out. That’s how I got dragged into this.” Jaemin says, his hands in the air. Jeno quickly hides his face and literally looks like he’s dying with all the heat rushing up to his face.Both Renjun and Yuko laugh. So it was what they though it was. 

 

“Hey, no need to feel embarrassed. We’re all friends here, right? We can help you Jeno.” Yuko says once they’ve calmed down. 

 

“But noona....” Jeno starts only to stop once again. The kid surely had trouble opening up. She encourages him to talk and then he pours out about how he had been crushing on this girl for a while now but didn’t really have the courage to confess to her. That’s why he was now following here like a lost puppy. Yuko can only smile while listening to the boy talk. 

 

Yuko met Jaemin through a volunteer campaign to pick trash. In a place where old people and environmental concerned people were volunteering, it was odd to find a young boy such as him voluntarily picking up trash. Yuko herself had been in this campaign because Mrs Kim insisted that she join. 

 

It warmed her heart and she instantly reached out to him. Yuko never had a hard time making friends and this time it was no exception. She learned that Jaemin was also a fellow environmentalist and she was well pleased. The pair immediately hit it off, owing to the fact that they were the only youngsters and that they both seemed to click with each other so well.

 

It was only through Jaemin that she got to meet Renjun,Jeno,Haechan and Mark and the day she met them, she swore to god that she’d never trade them for anything else. They were so much of a sweetheart for her to do that and she immensely loved all of them. To her, they were the little brothers she never had. They’d hit off well with Chenle. Yuko smiles fondly at the memory and then look at the three.

 

“Jeno-ahh, you know I’m always here for you right. In fact all of us are here for you. Don’t suppress what you’re feeling and try to confront her. Maybe you may get somewhere. And even if that doesn’t work out, we’re always here to whoop her Arse for you.” Yuko says touching the younger male’s nape.

 

“Ahh noona~. Not the whooping arse thingy again” Jeno groans and they laugh.

 

“Ayo. We are at the tram stop. Are you the Tramp that Stops” Mark pops behind them, proud of his little joke. Yuko looks at him like it’s the most ridiculous thing she has ever heard.

 

“Why I even bother being friends with you is a mystery I’ll never know” Yuko says, rolling her eyes at the boy.

 

“Your eyes are gonna remain at the back with the amount of times you’re rolling your eyes, noona “ Mark says as he laughs. The two argue back and forth in English, making the others stare at them. It’s not even been that long and here they were, bickering with each other as if there was no tomorrow. The others had nothing to worry though, after all this was norm for the two.

 

“Ahem!! If I was your boyfriend I’ll never let you go. I can take you places you’ve never been before. “ Haechan interrupts. Yuko rolls her eyes at Haechan. He always did this whenever Yuko and Mark spoke in English because he didn’t want to be out of the conversations. They both change back to Korean and look at Haechan who looks like he’s accomplished something.

---

They all took their time to catch up in a cafe and boy did they enjoy. It had, after all been such a long time since they last met each other. 

 

“Oh I nearly forgot. Taeyong hyung is holding a barbecue get-together this Sunday. Are y’all free ?” Mark asks, earning a whoo from the boys. Meat was their all time favorite and this party obviously excited them. 

 

Taeyong was a familiar name. Yuko thinks. She feels as if she heard it somewhere. Her train of thoughts get interrupted by Jaemin.

 

“Noona ,are you coming?  Please tell us you are. It’ll be fun. I’ll ask Taeyong hyung if you can come. Pretty please. Well even come to pick you up. “ Jaemin coos, batting his eyelashes and yuko falls for it.

 

“Only if I’m allowed to bring someone else.” She replies. 

 

If only she knew what that Sunday had in store for her.