Two

Backyard boys

 

 

 Yuko 

 

 

I hadn’t seen Jaehyun since thanksgiving last year and seeing him now made a little flustered. I curse myself for acting so stupid. Jaehyun keeps his smile as he walks towards me and my breath falls short. Am I still sane?

 

“ Hey sis, how come you’re at the party too? Don’t you have school?” He questions, ever the curious big brother.

 

Yes, you heard it right. Jaehyun is my cousin. It probably sounds weird and even I tried make my heart stop feeling it this way but guess we never get what we want. It only made me fall harder for him.

 

“ I do. But it only starts from next week. I didn’t know you were into parties too.” I say even though it’s obvious as hell that Jaehyun loved partying.

 

“ What can I say? You read me wrong ?” He laughs and I swear it’s the most beautiful sound ever. Even though the music rides it down. 

 

“Ooo frat boy alert” I grin, happy that I got to meet him again. 

 

“ Well I want to show you someone” he says and my heart wrenches at that. I knew where he was going. It obviously a new girl. Who’s Jaehyun without a new girl by his side right. For all I know, he was such a great flirt but an even greater cousin. His good looks got him girls and he used that to his advantage. I was jealous but not that I’d let him now. No. I couldn’t ruin this. I didn’t have the courage.  

 

I watch Jaehyun walk away to fetch his new girl and boy am I jealous. I’ve never been able to date anyone because of the feelings I harbored for him but I did tell my friends about my crushes. Of course it would be gone once l see Jaehyun but nevertheless it still saves my arse from the embarrassment of liking my cousin, albeit no one knows it.( except her).

 

“Earth to Yuko!” Jaehyun shouts over the music and I’m pulled back from my thoughts. Oh, she’s pretty. 

 

“Hi , I’m Jeong Yu Jin” I say, reaching my hand out to her. Even the way she smiles is pretty. I hope I didn’t turn blue from the jealousy.

 

“ Hi Yujin. I’m Sana.” She says shaking my hand. I smile at her before telling Jaehyun that I got to leave and tell him we will catch up another time because although I didn’t want to admit, it did hurt a little.

 

I go around the house, quaffing down whatever drinks I could lay my hands on. I didn’t want to think about this and then ruin my mood. My friends are all having the time of their life and I’m happy. I go to Soojin and hug her. She shivers immediately from the contact . She’s always been ticklish and I always knew how to use that to make her weak in the knees. We dance together before Wendy and Jisoo joins us. I’m glad I get to have them as my friends because they literally make me forget things.( like my cousin)

 

It’s near two and the party is still not over. We’ve been having too much fun that even time slips by us without us noticing. I decide it’s time we leave so I go around, trying to collect my friends who’ve all swayed away. I did get a little tipsy from all the alcohol I’ve consumed but believe me when I say that a shot can get Wendy wild. 

 

I find my cousin laying on the sofa, dead and I rush over. Of course she’s not dead, only wasted. Since I know she won’t wake up, I go around the house, avoiding people’s touch or Jaehyun making out with his girlfriend. I didn’t want to sleep after seeing such a sight. I spot Jisoo fighting Wendy and immediately laugh. Wendy had this ridiculous habit of always calling people whenever she got drunk and she  would fight us if we ever took the phone away. 

 

Poor jisoo. She was such a small being. I rush over quickly and take the phone away but not before smacking her in the head. Oh she’s so gonna regret this in the morning. Jisoo was a little drunk and I conclude that it’s good. I tell her to take Wendy to the couch and wait there so we can all get home. Next target is Soojin and I thank god when I see her dancing. 

 

Soojin, in all her glory was grinding with some guy and I can only curse myself. I take out my phone and quickly take a few snaps. What’s a party without the embarrassment the next day right? I then get to her and quickly detangle her from the said guy. I apologize to him and then take Soojin back to the couch. Jisoo is still trying to hold Wendy still in her place. I drop the girl and then go off to find Jennie.

 

It’s obvious she’ll be with Jackson. He liked her too much to let her go anywhere else. It’s a known fact to everyone about how much Jackson loved partying. But more than that, he loved deejaying. So I make my way to the island where he had his equipments loaded. Jennie was sitting there, already drunk. I tell Jackson we needed to leave and he offers us a ride. And who am I to reject a free ride. After all, I have too many girls under my wing and a ride would be perfect right now.

 

 

For some reason , even if I drank till I passed out, I’ve never experienced hangovers. And I made sure to use that to my advantage. I stare at the girls in my bed and smile, knowing they’d be dying out of a hangover and embarrassment.

 

I get out of the bed and wash myself up and then prepare some soup for the girls. Wendy slept with Tzuyu and I took Soojin and Jisoo. Jennie wanted to sleep by herself so I let her. I woke them up and it took them some time to get to the table.

 

Since I lived alone, I figured it would be the best if the girls stayed with me for the night. Of course I texted their family so they wouldn’t worry. Having the house full every once in a while made me feel happy. Once the girls are seated, I pour them some soup.

 

“I’m pleased to announce yet again that I have some lovely looking snaps of you all and that it’s an honor to have you all at my feet once again” I say excited. The girls can only groan because they know exactly what I’m talking about. It’s not the first time.

 

“Oh please, just let me die already.” Wendy says dramatically. Well she’s had it worse before so it’s no shock. 

 

“Well at least Mr Jin now knows that our Wendy-sii is still not over him” Jisoo adds and everybody looks at her.

 

“What do you mean?” Wendy frowns and I laugh in my Cat Valentine laugh. 

 

“Who is to say that you don’t love him. You literally pounced on him. And that too when he was making out with a girl. The shock on his face was a sight to look at.” Jisoo says and Wendy looks like she wants the earth to swallow her already.

 

“Oh ! Oh! I saw that.” I laugh hysterically, remembering Jin’s face. Too bad I didn’t have pictures. But I did have other photos. And so began the show. The girls wanted me to stop but didn’t they know I was related to Dr Doofenshmirtz. It was in my blood to be evil. 

 

It was already afternoon and the girls started to leave one by one. When they were all gone and only Tzuyu and I were left, we made our way to the couch and watched some shows. 

 

“Yuko, you know I’ll only be here for a week right. I gotta go to China next week. Mom wants to spend time before I leave for States.”  Tzuyu starts and I’m already sad. 

 

“Ahh that’s too bad. I was hoping you could stay for awhile. And how’s Aunty doing? Oh and Chenle-nim? “ Tzuyu laughs at the silly name. Chenle had always insisted on having us call him that way ever since his crush called him that. 

 

“And your... your dad” I add that part hesitantly. Tzuyu immediately darkens but doesn’t let it affect the mood. 

 

“They’re good. I guess he’s good too.” She says. Tzuyu’s dad walked out of the house a few months ago and that hurt her. Shd tried everything but he just wouldn’t talk to her. She gave up after though.

 

We were cousins through our mother’s side and we grew up together so it was obvious that we were close. But despite all that, I’ve never seen her crying as much as she had when her dad left. 

 

To lighten up the mood, I put on Running man and she immediately laughs. Yoo Jae Suk sure knew his way with people. Just then I get a text from Renjun telling me that Jaemin and Jeno has been suspicious lately.

 

Oh they’re so gonna get it from me .