'I don't wanna slow dance in the dark'

Slow dancing in the dark
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
[CONTENTID1]finito[/CONTENTID1] [CONTENTID2]I don't wanna slow dance in the dark[/CONTENTID2] [CONTENTID3]

Chanyeol wasn't sure when he had figured Yura was sneaking around but it was killing him inside.

 

One particular day etched into his memory was when she had been a little intoxicated and she had held his face in her hands and she looked at him like he was someone else as she leaned in to meet his lips and it hurt his very core realizing he had lost her even now.

 

After many weeks of not finding a common ground and fighting almost every day Chanyeol had finally had enough and really wanted to see who had been the man to take her away or rather the man, she had used to replace him with.

 

One day after some planning he had lied and told his girlfriend that he would be working late when really he had asked for the entire day off and he spent the day following her around town.

She had started her day rather early, went to the bookstore for a couple of hours, and navigated kind of mindlessly around until about maybe a little after 2 pm she went back to the apartment they shared and got ready again.

Yura looked amazing, he noted and followed her yet again as she made her way downtown this time.

That's when he saw him and his heart sank.

She hugged him and hadn't given him any kiss and that mattered to Chanyeol for some reason.

He felt the knot form in his throat as they walked to a restaurant, they were close but hadn't displayed any PDA that would indicate they were an item.

Maybe Chanyeol was overthinking and his girlfriend was simply with a friend.

He mustered the courage to send Yura a text saying he missed her and couldn’t wait to see her at home, and he waited anxiously as she sat across from the stranger she was with.

She looked down at her phone briefly, she had a flash of sadness on her face but she composed herself and looked back at the man she was with and managed to smile.

 

This crushed Chanyeol, he held his tears, and as he texted her again, this time he told her he wished to talk to her once they were home.

Yura must've heard her phone go off but instead of looking at what he had said, she simply flipped her phone down to avoid reading the message and Chanyeol watched her be with this guy.

She laughed and they talked for hours until their food arrived and they ate and still talked.

She was smiling a smile he hadn't seen her do with him for a while and he knew then he had to accept that they were done.

He couldn't compete with him.

He was a tall broad-shouldered fella, he wondered where he had met him.

Had it been a random meet? Did this man approach her? Did she mean to cheat on him? Why would she do this to him? Did he do something wrong?

Chanyeol was confused and plagued by so many questions, he watched them finish their lunch and head back to a crowded part of downtown and again they walked close to one another and he wanted to believe that maybe he had misread the relationship of these two but again he felt a pang in his chest as the taller gentleman leaned down and gave Yura a gentle kiss on the lips that she reciprocated.

 

He couldn't do it anymore and he decided to go back home. He hailed a taxi down and cried quietly as he was driven back to his apartment building.

 

The image of her kissing another man was his breaking point.

It was one thing to make assumptions, but to get confirmation has been by far the worst thing above all.

He finally made it to his home and he sat alone in his living room as the sun set, making the room darker as time passed.

Yura arrived a little after 4 pm, he assumed that she had wanted to beat him getting him and she let out a gasp as she turned the lights on and spotted him sitting in the dark living room.

“Hey, what time did you get here?” She asked him as she went to the kitchen area and she poured herself a cup of cold water.

“Where have you been?” he asked her instead and she watched as she got visibly uncomfortable but quickly gave him

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter