~JongHo~

Christmas Wishes

“Jonghyunnie! Ppallii we have to be at an airport in an hour!” Taemin pouted and looked at his friend.

Jonghyun and Taemin were from Seoul’s Musical school. They both attended a club with languages. Also, they both were a part of a project “Find a penfriend from America”.

“I am going! But what if I forgot anything?” Jonghyun whined and for an x-th time, he checked his suitcase.

“Hyung, I am sure you have everything, do you have your passport, phone, charger, laptop, charger, money, wallet, ticket?” Taemin chuckled and Jonghyun nodded. “I do… and some clothes too, I hope enough warm,” Hyun blinked.

“You see! You have everything and we can go!” Taemin giggled and with Jonghyun left the apartment.

They got at the airport and soon were with others on the way, well, on the flight. The flight was long, Jonghyun with Taemin was playing some plays, talking, sleeping, and reading books. Really, the flight took a lot of time but after some hours they finally landed safely in America. At the airport were waiting kids with a sign which was saying “Korean penfriends”.

Jonghyun was looking for someone. And soon he saw him. A tall brown-haired boy with a tag on which was “Jonghyun” written. Jonghyun smiled widely and walked to him when he bowed.

“Annyeonghaseyo!” he smiled brightly and the boy widened his eyes.

“Jonghyunnie hyung? Oh my god!” the boy squeaked and bowed as well hugging Jonghyun tightly. “Oh my… I didn’t even expect you to be…” he didn’t have a chance to finish his sentence because Jonghyun softly punched his chest.

“Ya! Minho! What have I told you about mentioning my height?” he growled softly laughing when Minho laughed as well. “I am sorry, hyungie, I am so happy to seeing you, you can go with me, my family is here, waiting for us, we have three days to enjoy our time!” Minho smiled happily.

Jonghyun chuckled and nodded. Then he looked at Taemin, his best friend was also talking with his penfriend. He didn’t forget to wave at Jonghyun who waved back at him.

“We can go,” Hyun smiled and nodded at his teacher, waved at other Korean students with their penfriends and finally took his suitcase and with Minho went out where a car was waiting.

“I hope you will like it,” Minho smiled and let Jonghyun get in the car first.

There was an older boy than Minho and Minho’s parents when Jonghyun bowed a bit smiling. “Good afternoon, I am Kim Jonghyun, Minho’s friend,” Hyun introduced himself when in the car got also Minho.

“Hello dear, it is nice meeting you after so long time, we hope you will like and enjoy Christmas with us,” a woman smiled and Jonghyun smiled warmly at her. “I am sure that I will, we have never celebrated Christmas, it is something new for me,” Jonghyun smiled.

Minho and his family were living in America for fifteen years. Minho’s parents moved from Korea to America, they knew Korean still a bit but they talked mostly in English because they got used to it. Also, Minho could speak both languages but English was for him always better. They arrived at the apartment soon, got out of the car, and Minho’s dad took Jjong’s suitcase.

“Oh, you don’t have to take it! I can handle it!” Jonghyun blinked getting out of the car.

“Don’t worry, anyway, you and Minho should go now to see the tree which is on the square,” Minho’s dad winked and Minho smiled widely.

“It’s the truth!” he nodded and Jonghyun smiled a bit and nodded. “Okay, thank you,” Hyun smiled, bowed and Minho took him around his shoulders when they walked down the street.

“I am glad that you were able to enjoy the flight, it must have been horrible… I can’t imagine being on the plane for so long,” Minho chuckled and shook his head.

“It wasn’t that bad, I was talking with Taemin a lot,” Jonghyun smiled and looked around himself. “It’s so beautiful here, in America is this day different than in Korea,” Hyun blinked and Minho nodded.

They were talking a lot about the differences between Korea and America when it came to some holidays. It was hard and Koreans never had a lot of holidays but Jonghyun accepted it, he had to, he was living there after all.

“And… what is it like living in New York?” Jonghyun smiled and stopped when they reached their destination.

A beautiful Christmas tree was in front of them. Minho looked at it and Jonghyun took a photo.

“Hm, living in New York, well, I wasn’t ever further than… well, I hardly get out of the New York, I am stuck here,” Minho chuckled and shrugged. “But… everything is expensive, my family has to work a lot, my brother is also working, I am taking part-time jobs,” Minho smiled and looked at the tree.

“Have you ever seen a Christmas tree?” Minho smiled and looked back at Jonghyun.

“My friend and his family were celebrating it, I was once with them but only in the morning… I was the tree but it was smaller than this,” Jonghyun chuckled and shook his head.

“Well, this tree wouldn’t fit into our apartment either,” Minho laughed and ran his hand in his hair.

“I am sure with it,” Hyun snorted and looked at the tree and then up at the sky.

“I am just sad… We have already decorated our tree, it would be amazing if you did it with us,” Minho sighed and Jonghyun hugged him. “Hey, it’s okay, I am fine with it, I am just glad that I finally could meet you and spend a few days with you,” Hyun smiled and Minho widely grinned.

“You should come again to us soon!” Minho nodded giggling.

“I will try it, but the tickets aren’t cheap at all,” Hyun sighed. “And you should come to Korea!” Hyun smirked and Minho widened his eyes.

“Oh my god… it would be… hilarious, I hardly know Korean, I know only a bit, really, I have forgotten a few words,” Minho laughed.

“Fine then, we have whole Christmas holidays to teach you Korean again,” Hyun smirked and ruffled Minho’s hair.

Minho laughed and suddenly a snowball smacked his chest. Jonghyun made it and threw it at Minho who squeaked, laughed, and made the snowball too when he threw it at Jonghyun who laughed and jumped away from it, made another one snowball, and stuck his tongue at Minho and threw another snowball at him. Boys were laughing and throwing snowballs at each other till they weren’t soaked.

Minho then took Hyun’s hand and they walked back to Minho’s home.

“But anyway, thank you Minho, I can’t now imagine that I would be with a different penfriend, you are just amazing,” Jonghyun smiled and looked at Minho who blushed and looked at the side. “I… I just hope that I wouldn’t disappoint you, hyung, you are so amazing and… I want to do the best for you,” Minho smiled and looked at Jonghyun who smiled, his cheek, and then…

No, they just got into the apartment where they could celebrate the first Christmas for Jonghyun.