~JongKey~

Christmas Wishes

Jonghyun was playing on his guitar in a room. That room was used for playing, it was the playing room. A few kids were around him playing with toys or on some instruments as well. There was a woman who was keeping eyes on them. And where Jonghyun was? He was without parents… ah where that story begins? 

He was five months old kid when his mother put him into the hospital, gave to people there the false documents and only true name of Jonghyun, then she just vanished and no one found her. Even DNA didn’t tell anything. But Jonghyun didn’t mind, he was turning 14 and still, no one wanted to adopt him. Couples came and always wanted a younger kid and also a healthy kid. 

Jonghyun had two different colored eyes, people were sometimes scared of him but he was loved in the orphanage. He also had asthma but it wasn’t big deal. 

Suddenly into the room came a social worker with a boy who could be a year maybe two years younger than Jonghyun. All kids turned their heads in his direction.

“Kids, this is Kibummie, he will be now a part of our orphanage, be nice to him, he is thirteen years old…” the social worker smiled and Kibum watched kids with unsure face, looked at Jjong and faced the floor. “Jonghyun-ah, what about helping Bummie? He is the almost same age as you,” the woman smiled and Jonghyun smiled cutely. “Alright, I can, will he help with my job today?” Jonghyun grinned.

“Sure,” she winked and Jonghyun placed his guitar on the floor and stood up when he went to Kibum.

“Hi, I am Kim Jonghyun! Nice to meet you!” he smiled warmly at Kibum and handed his hand to the boy who blinked and looked at Jonghyun.

“Hm… nice to… meet you too,” he sighed, bowed a bit, and accepted Hyun’s hand. 

“Don’t be so bored, that’s not nice, let’s go, I will show you the whole house, it is really big! Were you already in your room?” Hyun asked smiling. “Yes… I am… probably with you in the room I guess, that woman… told me that I will share it with the oldest kid,” Kibum sighed nodding.

“Oh yes, so you are with me,” Jonghyun smiled and began a tour around the whole house.

“Jonghyun hyung… are you wearing contact lenses?” Kibum asked when they stopped in the dining room for a glass of juice.

“Me? Why? I don’t wear them,” Jonghyun shook his head.

“Um, you have natural eyes?” Kibum blinked in surprise.

“Yes, I was born with a blue eye and a brown eye, it was one of the reasons why my mother left me,” Jonghyun shrugged and smiled.

“I… I am sorry to hear it,” Kibum blinked and bit his lip.

“It's fine, I got used to questions, it’s nothing new for me,” Jonghyun smiled. “Today is Christmas day, I am allowed to decorate the tree, will you help me? Other kids are believing in Santa Grandfather. I just hope you don’t and I didn’t mess up with your Christmas!” Jonghyun widened his eyes when Kibum shook his head.

“No… hyung… I will help you,” Kibum sighed and Jonghyun hugged him grinning. 

“Let’s go then!” Hyun smiled and walked into the big hall where some social workers were and greeted both boys with smiles. 

The tree was situated in the middle of the room. Carols were played on and Jonghyun joined it with his voice while he started decorating the tree with Kibum’s help.

“Kibummie, why you don’t sing?” Jonghyun smiled and danced a bit giggling and again he decorated a bit of a tree.

“I… can’t sing… you sing better, I would just mess up with it,” Kibum shook his head and Jonghyun took his hands.

“Everyone who has gotten a mouth can sing, remember it,” Jonghyun smiled. “Join me!” he smiled and sang Last Christmas. 

Kibum took a deep breath and joined Jonghyun who smiled brightly. Both boys were decorating again and they sang Christmas songs so well. Social workers were watching both boys with smiles and Kibum after a while was smiling. Finally, he was smiling!

“Your smile is so beautiful,” Jonghyun smiled looking at Kibum who blushed a bit and looked at the side.

Jonghyun grinned and looked up. “Let’s put on it the star!” he smiled happily. “But… how? It is high,” Kibum blinked and Hyun grinned when he crouched in front of Kibum.


“Get on me, on my shoulders, and hold on!” Hyun smiled and social workers looked at each other but they believed in Jonghyun who was patiently waiting for Kibum.

The boy blinked, took a deep breath, and carefully got on Hyun’s shoulders. Jonghyun smiled and slowly stood up again with a star in his hand. “Is it fine here?” Jonghyun smiled and handed the star to Kibum.

“Y-yes,” Kibum smiled and nodded when he took between his two fingers the star and looked at the tree.

“Great! Let’s go!” Jonghyun giggled and walked closer to the tree when Kibum took a few deep breaths and put on the tree the star. “It’s done!” Kibum clapped his hands and looked down at Jonghyun.

“Great!” Jonghyun grinned widely and again crouched carefully when he waited patiently for Bummie to get down.

When Kibum got down, both boys finished the rest of the decorations on the tree. Jonghyun smiled widely and watched the tree from all directions. “Great, great! It looks so good! Right, auntie?” Jonghyun smiled cutely at one of the workers who looked at boys and then at the tree. “Woah! Boys! You did an amazing job! Congratulation! Small kids would be happy,” she smiled and walked to the boys when she ruffled Hyun’s hair.

Hyun giggled and ran his hand in his hair and looked at Kibum. “Wanna now do something?” he smiled and Kibum shook his head and sighed. 

Jonghyun got confused when a psychologist came and asked Kibum to follow her when Hyun looked at the aunt. She wasn’t exactly his aunt, kids in the orphanage were calling some of the social workers “aunt”. “Auntie, what is with Kibummie?” he asked her with a sad expression on his face.

The social worker sighed and took Jonghyun to the couch where they sat on it. “Well… Kibummie two weeks ago lost his both parents in an accident… he was in the hospital… He is spending his first Christmas without his parents… I shouldn’t have talked about it with you, but don’t ask him for more, okay? You are our little lucky boy, take care of him,” the social worker smiled softly and Jonghyun blinked but then smiled brightly. 

“I promise I will be the best friend for him! Can I go please into the workroom? I want to make a gift for him!” Jonghyun smiled and the woman blinked but smiled too.

“Sure, you can go, in two hours will be dinner ready,” she smiled and Hyun grinned when he ran into the workroom.

He took a paintbrush, canvas, and colors. He started painting horses on the meadow with sun up and mountains behind their backs. He was painting it for one hour and thirty minutes. Then he had to wait so in the waiting time he ran into his room and took a shower and dressed up. After that, he went back into the workroom and wrapped the painting, and wrote on it “Kibummie”. Then he gave his gift to one of the social workers and joined other kids by dinner where he met a bit sad-looking Kibum who was sitting alone. Hyun sat beside him smiling.

“Hey, Bummie, eat well,” Hyun smiled and ruffled Kibum’s hair when the younger boy blinked. “T-thank you,” Kibum whispered and ate.

Jonghyun smiled. They were eating in silence. After dinner kids went into the living room where gifts were under the tree! All of them were happily squeaking and clapping their hands. Jonghyun giggled and took Kibum’s hand when the boy blinked but followed Jonghyun closer to the tree. They soon found their gifts, Kibum was surprised that he got something. Every kid had at least one gift or two gifts, but what was nicer? No one was jealous or envious. 

“My god…” Kibum whispered looking at the painting and Jonghyun looked at Kibum with a big smile on his lips.

“How do you like it?” Jonghyun asked.

“It’s so beautiful… I… I have no words,” Kibum whispered and a single tear escaped his eye.


Jonghyun smiled and pulled Kibum into a tight hug. “Merry Christmas, Kibummie, you deserve the best, be happy and healthy always please,” Jonghyun whispered and Kibum started sniffing.

He had lost his family… but now… he had found a new one. It couldn’t replace his old family but it can be as good as his first and only one family.