panicked gay or confident gay… who even knows at this point?

Between Scylla and Charybdis
Shuhua's PoV:

I wake up due to a gross tingling sensation in my arm... You know, the one you get when you lie on your limb for too long and the blood flow gets cut.
Annoyed, I try to stretch as to rid myself of the feeling - emphasis on try to, because my attempt to extend my arm is promptly proven futile, stopped by something heavy resting atop it. Too lazy to open my eyes, I try again - which is obviously useless, whatever was stopping me before now letting out a low groan.
 
Ok what is happening­?!
 
Confused and (if you quote me on this I will deny it) kind of creeped out I force my eyes open, only to be greeted by, not one, but two rays of sunshine: Miyeon and that sad excuse for sunlight creeping in through the curtains of our living room windows.

Oh.
 
Yesterday's memories come flooding back to me as Miyeon turns her head, making the tip of her nose brush my neck. The delicate contact sends shivers down my spine.

Oh my God, what is she doing to me...

She stops in her tracks as her eyes flutter open staring directly at my...
"Yahh, why are you staring at my s this early in the morning!", I smack her arm... Well I try to when I realize my hand is still stuck under her head.
Realisation hitting her she jolts upward into a sitting position - on my lap, if I may add, - a profuse blush creeping up her face.
"I swear I didn't do that on purpose!", she gasps, her voice still laced with that raspy sound she gets right after waking up as her eyes widen comically.
 
Finally able to move my arm again I chuckle at her adorable antics as I pull her
in by her nape and place a soft kiss on her raspberry pink lips.
"Don't worry cutie, I was just teasing you.
And besides I wouldn't blame you if you did look on purpose. I mean I am a snack.", I joke, earning a smack on my shoulder from a very red Miyeon.
"Yeh Shuhua, you have no shame!"
"Damn right I don't!", I smirk up at her. "It's my superpower."
She laughs at that and moves forward to kiss me again.
 
When we break apart, she looks at me with her beautiful brown orbs and pushes a strand of hair out of my face.
"I can't believe I'm allowed to kiss you.", she breathes.
Just as I'm about to respond a loud voice booms through the apartment.
"HA! SOYEON, YOU OWE ME 20$!!"
"NO ING WAY, MISHU IS NOT REAL!"
Soyeon storms into the living room coming to a halt next to a sly Yuqi and well I guess we won't have to tell anyone about me and Miyeon because by now I'm sure the entire building knows.
"This is nothing they're just cuddling!", Soyeon exclaims as if we weren't very much present.
"They were making out just a second ago!"
Soyeon squints her eyes at Yuqi and hisses:
"I'll believe that when I have proof."
"Ok enough!", I say, still trapped by Miyeon's legs, straddling my hips.
"Yes, we kissed, now shut up and leave and watch your backs when you think you're alone because I might just murder you one day for being the most annoying little s ever at 8 in the damn morning on our day off!"
Looking slightly pale both girls mumble an apology and scurry out of the room bickering with each other under their breaths.
 
"Wow... I'm the oldest of the group and I have not held as much authority over any of you in the past year as you have in the span of approximately ten seconds. If my pride weren't slightly hurt at that I'd find it attractive.", Miyeon pauses for a second. "Nevermind, I do find it attractive."
"Nevies relate.", I say keeping a straight face.
"I-... SHUHUA!"
"I love hearing you screaming my name, babe.", I wink at her, seeing that's she's back to being a blushing mess and laugh when she, just stares at me wordlessly.
"Well, would you look at that, The Great Yeh has left her girlfriend speechless."
Her eyes widen and if it were possible to choke on nothing, I'm fairly sure she would be doing that right now.
"G-girlfriend?", she stutters.

ING HELL, HOW DID YOU JUST RUIN ASKING HER TO BE YOUR GIRLFRIEND, YEH SHUHUA

Well .

Great Yeh my ...
 
"Uhhhh, well, I-, uhm, yeah, I-I mean what did you think us m-making out and confessing o-our feelings made us...", I say in a more shaky voice than I would like to admit. She just continues staring at me and at this point I'm kind of scared her actual soul has left her body.

LITTLE YEH, YOU BETTER ING APOLOGIZE!

For once I find myself in agreement with my alter ego inner monologue.
I press my eyes shut and inhale sharply. On the exhale I open my eyes again and, looking directly at Miyeon I say: "Sorry, let me rephrase that. Sorry for it happening this way, I should have asked you in a more romantic way, with like... I don't know maybe candles, or maybe not because we both know your clumsy would set the place on fire and Soyeon would kill us all - NOT THE POINT OH MY GOD, SHUHUA! So uhm, yeah, what I'm trying to say here, but obviously slaughtering is, would you like to be my girlfriend? Because I love you and right now when I slipped and called you my girlfriend, that wasn't just me being cocky, but I guess my subconscious got ahead of me because I really want to be with you, so will you, Miyeon, please be my girlfriend?"

For a second opens and closes repeatedly, making her look kind of like a fish, a notion only intensified by the way she keeps staring at me wide eyed until she finally sputters:
"I-... OBVIOUSLY YES, BUT DID YOU HAVE TO GIVE ME A HEARTATTACK BEFORE ASKING!?", she lighty slaps my arm and I think by now she might have turned into hellboy because her face is just not going back to skin color any time soon. "Also, I'm not so clumsy that I'd burn down our dorms."
She pouts.
"Hon, I love you, but face it, you are. It's ok though, we can't all be me.", I grin.
"Oh, yeah?", she grins at me devilishly. "Says the one that didn't just mess up asking me to be official, yeah, that's totally NOT the definition of clumsy."
"Ok, FINE, can we please ignore that forever, thank you very much...", I groan.
"It's ok, hon, we can't all be me."
I gasp in fake outrage.
"Are you mocking me?"
She imitates my gasp, dramatically looking outside the window for effect and says:
"Yes!"
She flicks her gaze back down to me and the second our eyes meet we both burst out laughing before I lean up and capture my girlfriend's lips in a sweet kiss. Ok, it's awkward as hell because we're still laughing and our teeth keep clashing against each other but it feels amazing nevertheless.
Because the girl I'm kissing is amazing.

"Honestly I can't imagine you asking me out in a non chaotic way, though."
"MOVING ON!"
------------------------

"Shuhua!"
"Neeeeeee, Jin-ah!"
"Come here for a second please!"
I immediately run to Soojin's room, leaving behind the polaroids of Haku and Mata that I was hanging up. What can I say this woman has me whipped.
I raise my hand to knock on Soojin's door, but before I even get the chance to do so, the door is torn open and I'm being pulled inside by a distraught Soojin...
 
WHAT THE...

"Jinjin? Is everything ok?", I ask, slightly flinching at the sound of the door being slammed shut behind me, by a nearly hyperventilating Soojin.
"Not really no.", she starts off, pacing around her room while continuously folding and unfolding her hands, occasionally cracking her knuckles in the process. "See, I had a plan about how this was gonna go, but it was something that would just be wildly uncharacteristic for me, but then again not at all, bc like it's like when I'm dancing versus me irl like I'm confident but also not and ju-..."
"OK, STOP!", I raise both my hands infront of me, to make her stop rambling.
"I'm so confused right now. What are you even talking about?"
"YOU SHUHUA!", she stops dead in her tracks and throws her hands up. Massaging her temples she gulps and steps closer to me.
"Me?", I look at her bewildered.
"Yes, you. Well- not you you, but like yes you. You know what this."
In one swift movement she has me pinned against the wall, breathing heavily, lips parted slightly as she wets them, running her crimson red tongue over her plump bottom lip.
I feel my brain shutting down right after connecting the dots.
 
"What is happening Jin-ah?", I ask nevertheless, wanting to be sure before potentially making a wrong move.
"I need you to shut up for a sec Shu." She looks me straight in the eyes, making my breath hitch, forcing out a hoarse:
"Why?"
"So I can do this."
She threads her hand through my hair and caresses my jawline with the other, slowly inching forward, as though she is asking my permission, but surely, showing her intent clearly. The perfect duality to make my heart start racing at the speed of light and my knees so weak, I have to use every ounce of strength in me to keep standing up. Soojin never breaks our eye contact as her thumb traces my bottom lip gently, our faces mere inches apart.
"Thanks for making this alot easier.", she whispers against my lips.
"I am? How?", I say equally as softly, barely processing everything that is happening at once. I don't know how or when it happend, but somehow my hands have found their way to Soojins waist, gripping her soft sweater tightly.
"Because you're just that gorgeous Shu."
She closes the gap and takes my lips between her own in the most gentle embrace ever, making me sink into her touch, deepening the kiss, causing our noses to brush ever so slightly.
She pulls away before I can slip my tongue into her warm cavern.
"Wow", she breaths.
"Yeah, care explain this "wow-experience"?", I reply, chuckling slightly out of breath.
"I uhm, I heard you and Miyeon unnie talk yesterday evening."
"Oh.", I say dumbfounded. "Which part?"
"Let's just say I heard enough to know you both like me. I... I just wanted to say that I feel the same. Thus..., this situation", she smiles sheepishly and rubs her neck, blushing barely noticeably. I smile, running my hand through my hair.
 
"You know what, Jin-ah?"
"Hm?", she stares into my eyes with her beautiful brown orbs, that are slightly darker than Miyeon's but just as intense and alluring and give me the biggest butterflies ever.
"I think I'm absolutely inlove with two idiots.", I giggle as I lean up to peck her nose.
"Yah! Yeh Shuhua!", she shrieks, lightly shoving my shoulder in more or less fake annoyance.
"You know, you say my last name quite alot, do you really like it that much?", she rolls her eyes at me, but I can see her gulp in anticipation as I lean closer to her ear and whisper. "You can have it if you want. Yeh Soojin."
The skin of her neck gets goosebumps, which makes me smirk, because…
"You act so tough all the time, but look at you now baby... I bet you're the biggest bottom ever."
I turn us around, slamming my hands onto the wall next to her head and lean in, stopping just before her lips. "You being submissive is ing y as hell.", I growl wasting no time in crashing my lips into hers, making her whimper, finally allowing me to slip my tongue into her hot, wet mouth. I slide my right hand down to Soojin's waist, keeping my left next to her head, effectively pinning her to the wall.
"Shuu-...", she moans into my mouth, gripping the fabric of my green t-shirt tighter and pulling me closer to her.
I start gently ling on her tongue which elicits a lengthy whine from Soojin. I pull back, feeling her chasing after my lips, which I deny her - begrudgingly of course.
"Come back!", she pants as I break our heated make out session. I let out a breathy chuckle at seeing her that needy.
"As much as I would love to, babe, we should tell Miyeon about this first."
"You're right."

Before anyone can say anything else, a soft knock is heard on the door.
"Come in.", Soojin says after making sure the both of us are at a friendly distance.
"Hey.", Minnie pops her head in through the opened door. Her -eating grin is scaring the crap out of me not gonna lie. "Whenever the two of you are done face, I have taken it upon myself to cook today, and food's all ready." I nearly choke on my spit at Minnie's words.

"WE-... I-... I CAN'T EVEN TELL YOU TO KNOCK BECAUSE YOU DID, I FEEL SO ATTACKED RIGHT NOW!", I yell at her. She just laughs and closes the door, singing a "stay decent, lovebirds" as she leaves, still wearing that -eating grin, that's been spread across her face all this time.

"So, are you a panicked gay or a confident gay? 'Cuz I genuinely can't even tell anymore…", Soojin asks me and I almost laugh at how serious she seems to be about her question.
"Who even knows at this point, honestly?"
She seems to ponder this and just hums in response.

"Shu?", she says softly.
"Yeah?", I respond while I gently her perfect waist beneath her cozy cream colored sweatshirt.
"I don't know... I-... I guess what I wanna say is, I really love you.", she fumbles for her words, growing impossibly red in the process.
I giggle. "Yeah, no Sherlock."
She glares at me.
"Kidding, I love you too, Soojin-ah!", I quickly start peppering little kisses all over her face, until she pushes me away giggling and shrieking "Stop, that tickles!"
_________

A bit more mishu and finally some sooshu up in this house (I really love sooshu) lmao
I hope you enjoyed, feel free to leave a comment, I loved reading all your thoughts on the last chapter!
Hope you had nice holidays, stay safe!
 
--Monkee