Cooking and cuddles

Between Scylla and Charybdis

Shuhua's POV

 

I stealthily creep up behind her covering her eyes with my hands.

"Guess who?", I happily say.

"Hmmmm, Yuqi?", she replies with a sly smirk.

"I'm offended! Guess again!"

"Miyeon?", she laughs.

"How dare you?!"

"I'm kidding Shushu, I know it's you.", she turns around in my arms and presses a small peck to my forehead. 

"Yah, don't do that!", I say blushing madly. 

"Wae? Don't you like it?", she says with a teasing smile.

"I... Yah! Don't leave the water running, that's so wasteful!", Wow, nice save Yeh Shuhua, I mentally roll my eyes at myself.

"Just go back to washing your vegetables Soojin-ah!"

"You're always so eager to kiss me, but the one time I do it back you get all shy. Cute.", she giggles and turns around to continue washing some carrots in the sink.

YEAH, NO SHERLOCK, EVER HEARD OF GAY PANIC?!

I shake my head in an attempt of ridding myself of my hysterical gay thoughts and lean on the sink, next to Soojin.

"Did you actually need something or did you just come here to be annoying again?", she asks, but I can tell it's tongue in cheek, because when you're as obsessed with someone as I am with Soojin, you pick up on their little mannerisms.

Geez, Shuhua, way to sound not creepy at all, istg... 

I mentally facepalm at my inner monologue.

 

"I just wanted to be with my Soojin eonni.", I pout, now moving to back hug her.

"I'm kind of busy cooking though. Why don't you look for Miyeon? I'm sure she has time for you.", She asks me over her shoulder, now focused on drying the vegetables while moving to the kitchen counter. Yes I am still hugging her. 

I NEED PHYSICAL AFFECTION OK, LET ME LIVE!

I love how I keep justifying my actions to myself, oh my God, I am going crazy, seriously...

 

"Miyeon eonni is sleeping and I don't want to wake her because she's been really busy and exhausted lately. We were actually cuddling, but I got a little stir crazy, so I thought I would join you. Do you need any help cooking?"

I reply, resting my head on her shoulder. 

She starts peeling the carrots and chuckles.

"I appreciate the offer, but it would really be a shame to see this kitchen go up in flames."

"Yah, Jin-ah, I'm not that bad! Here I'll help you chop this cucumber! That way there's no burning hazard.", I insist, letting go of her and and taking hold of the long green vegetable instead.

This time she nearly drops her peeler as she bursts into laughter: "Shuhua... That's a zucchini!"

"It's green, long and I'm not going to be the one to do the seasoning anyway, so it doesn't make a difference.", I reply, trying to act unbothered even though I'm sure the  embarrassment rushing to my head has painted my face a deep shade of red by now.

Which makes Soojin laugh even more. 

"Ok, go ahead and julienne it please then."

I face her with what I'm sure is confusion written all over my face.

"Who's Julienne?"

"Pabo! It's a way to chop vegetables.", she explains still laughing and shows me what  to do with the cu- zucchini.

"What are you making anyway?", I ask, carefully slicing away at the vegetable, the way Soojin just instructed me to. 

"Bibimbap.", she answers, lifting her head to look at me and away from the carrots she's currently chopping. 

 

"Ahh!", Soojin yelps and lets her knife drop onto to the cutting board in front of her.

Immediately I rush to her side. 

"Did you hurt yourself?"

"I cut my finger.", she shows me her index finger and sure enough I can see blood drops rapidly forming and running down her hand.

 

" on it, while I get a bandaid.", Miyeon suddenly appears in the doorway, leaving as fast as she popped up.

"How did you even cut yourself, you're like the queen of the kitchen!", I ask worriedly.

"I don't know I was chopping and got distracted I guess.", she mumbles with her finger in to stop the bleeding.

 

"Hold out your finger for me please." 

Miyeon comes rushing back, carrying a bandaid and some disinfectant as well as a worried expression. 

When she's done wrapping Soojin's finger in a bandaid, Miyeon gives it a little peck and says: "There, all better."

If it weren't for the fact that I am totally jealous that she kissed Soojin I would totally be swooning over her action. 

But I am jealous, so I lightly push her away and take her place hugging Soojin.

"Yah, get away from my Jinjin!"

"Why? I was just helping her.", she pouts. 

"Help her without flirting with her!", I fight back. 

"Yah! Why are you both like this?", Soojin rolls her eyes playfully and gently pushes me away. 

For a moment Miyeon and I just glare at each other, of course not in a serious manner because who am I kidding, this girl has me uwuing over her 24/7 (not that I would ever admit to that).

 

"Sooooo, I guess we're calling the others to help cook then because I don't think the world is ready for a Mishu collab in the kitchen.", Soojin brakes the awkward silence. 

"Yah!", we both jokingly hit her shoulders, but secretly I'm thankful to her for easing the (awkward gay) tension. 

 

_________

 

 

After dinner I go to lie down on the couch in our living room.

"Shushu, why did you leave me alone, when we were cuddling earlier?"

Miyeon slides onto the couch spooning me. 

"Because you were snoring and it is was annoying!", I huff, trying to wriggle out of her embrace. 

"Liar! She said she was worried because you were exhausted, so she let you sleep. She just got a little stir crazy.", Soojin exposes me with a smirk, sticking her head in through the door separating the kitchen from the living room.

"Not true, I never said that!", I yell, blushing again, still struggling to get out of her hug. 

When I notice Miyeon iron grip on me won't be loosening any time soon I surrender. 

You know your gay is enjoying this Shuhua

WHO INVITED MY ALTER EGO TO JOIN THE DAMMED CONVERSATION AGAIN!?

Ok maybe I should see a doctor, I keep spacing out fighting with myself. 

 

After a few seconds I feel more than hear her mumble a small "thank you" into my neck, effectively tearing me out of my thoughts. The way her hot breath touches my skin sends shivers down my spine. Subconsciously I snuggle into her a little. I love the affection Miyeon gives me, I just don't show it because I don't want her to get even more cocky than she already is. It makes me feel a little bit better to know that even if Soojin rejects me all the time I am still in the position to reject someone else. It sounds really dumb and mean when I think about it. I should apologize to Miyeon. 

 

"Ok, I'm leaving, have fun kids!", Soojin says all of the sudden walking in from the kitchen and heading towards her room. 

"Who are you calling a kid, I'm older than you!", Miyeon yells over her shoulder.

"Act like it then.", Soojin teases. 

"Ok, fine, next time I won't come to rescue you when you need me.", the older girl pouts.

"Fine with me, Shuhua was there anyway.", Soojin gets up with a smirk. 

"I'll always be there for my Jinjin eonni!"

I smile at Soojin as she grins at us and leaves the room.

 

"Shuhua?", Miyeon says quietly when she's gone. 

"Ne?", I can feel her snuggling into me more. I hope she can't hear how fast my heart is beating. 

"I know I've asked you this before... But if I stopped showing you so much affection..., would you be happier?"

Feeling that this is not the time to be playing around, I reply:

"No unnie, I just like to tease you. I love your hugs."

 

There is a moment of heavy silence and just as I am about to reassure her again I hear her sniffling and soon after feel a warm wetness soaking the fabric covering my shoulder. Shocked I turn around in her arms, so that we're both facing each other.

"Miyeon eonni, why are you crying?"

I bring my thumbs to her cheek to gently wipe her tears.

"Do you love me Shuhua?"

My heart skips a beat. She can't... Does she mean love ? 

Aish, Shuhua stop imagining things!

"Of course I love you, why would you doubt that?", I answer her silky hair.

"It's just, when you're with Soojin you're always so clingy and loving and whenever I try and hug you you push me away..."

Her breaths are shaky.

"Unnie, you and Soojin are both equally important to me. I just act differently around both of you because you're both very different people. But I love you alot and I'm sorry if I hurt you with my jokes, ok?", I try not to think about the close proximity of our faces as I look at her trying to convey my sincerity. 

Miyeon's eyes, wet and shiny with tears are searching mine, making my breathing grow shallow as the air around us grows thick with tension and my heart starts pounding fiercely against my ribcage. I know I shouldn't be thinking about the perfect curvature of her lips or the way the rise and fall of her chest is perfectly in sync with mine. I know I shouldn't be leaning in ever so slightly because I am desperate to close the space separating our lips. I know I shouldn't be thinking about the way I can't distinguish between the air that I am exhaling and the air she's exhaling anymore because of how close we are. I know that I shouldn't be my lips in anticipation of what I wish could happen, but before I can even try to regain my senses I feel something soft touching my lips. 

Miyeon is... 

 

Wait WHAT?! 

 

My eyes widen in shock as I process what's happening. 

 

Miyeon is KISSING me!!

 

I don't fully register what is happening until I feel the light pressure of Miyeon's lips starting to move softly against mine. 

 

 

 

Oh. 

 

 

 

A sudden feeling of heat rushes into my cheeks and hits me almost simultaneously with the sensation of millions of tiny little butterflies exploding in my stomach.

The initial shock wears off a little, allowing me to snake my hand around Miyeon's small waist and wow, who knew how heavenly that would feel. 

My eyes finally fluttering shut, I feel myself drowning in the sensation of Miyeon's warm mouth against mine, kissing her back tentatively. 

I can feel her hand sliding to the back of my neck as her thumb gently caresses my jaw. 

Our kisses start becoming more determined as I pull her in closer to me by her waist attempting to close any possible distance between our bodies, needing to feel her flush against me. 

Miyeon tentatively my bottom lip, asking for entrance I grant eagerly. Our tongues start dancing with each other in a rhythm only known to us, gradually growing more and more confident. Gently, I on Miyeon's tongue, making her softly moan into my mouth, as she tightens her grip on my nape to pull me even closer to her. 

She's making me go crazy. 

I swiftly change our position so that I'm straddling her hips our kiss growing more and more heated. Her fingers lace through my hair pulling me closer to her and when she softly bites down onto my bottom lip a strangled moan escapes my mouth. 

That seems to wake her out of this trance and she snaps open her eyes. We break apart, both panting heavily.

 

"Oh my God, Shuhua I'm so sorry, I didn't-...", I stop her by placing my index finger on her swollen pink lips taking a moment to look at her. 

Her disheveled hair, her dark eyes filled with affection and something else I can't quite pinpoint, the way her lips are slightly parted and her chest is rapidly moving up and down. 

"You have no idea how beautiful you look right now...", I breathe, taking my finger away from her lips and placing another tender kiss on them.

When her eyes open again, they're filled with hope.

"Does this mean you like me too?", she asks barely audibly.

"Aish, of course you pabo!", I chuckle and lean in for another kiss, this one lingering longer than the former.

"Your lips are addictive Shushu.", she whispers against my mouth.

"Stop making me blush!", I squeal as she giggles at my red face.

"But you look so cute!", she smiles that crazy adorable smile of hers and... I'm a goner. Who wouldn't be.

"Yaaah", I whine quietly and hide my burning face in the crook of her neck. She giggles and caresses my back. We lie there for a moment just appreciating each other's warmth.

 

"I have to tell you something though.",she says gulping. I sit up to properly face her. It occurs to me that I'm still straddling her lap. Aishh focus Shuhua! I shift my attention to Miyeon's brown orbs. 

"I really like you..."

"Ok..., I like you too...", I say, a little nervous about what's coming.

"... but at the same time... I really like Soojin.", she avoids my widening eyes.

 

"You... You mean you want to date both Soojin and me?", I ask to clarify.

"I mean, if she... and you wanted that... I... Yes..?"

Miyeon starts nervously playing with my hair, looking close to tears again. I smile tenderly as I lift her chin and look her in the eyes.

 

"So then...", I caress her cheek softly. "Let's think of a way we can try and talk to Soojin eonni about this. Because in all honesty..." I bite my lip. "I feel the same."

"Really?", she asks, barely above a whisper.

"Yeah... before you attacked me with that surprise kiss - which I loved by the way - I said you and Soojin are equally as important to me. I meant it."

For a moment we just look at each other, sharing an intimacy well known to us. 

And yet, it's different. 

 

New. 

 

Because for the first time it's pure, without the fear of getting caught doing something forbidden.

 

 

"I totally want to kiss you again right now.", Miyeon breathes. She threads her hand through my hair and gently leans up to capture my lips in another soft, but passionate kiss. Our tongues mold into each other perfectly, sending me to heaven.

Her lips are so soft and so warm, just like her and they taste like something I can uniquely describe as "Miyeon". Before we break apart I gently pull her bottom lip between my teeth, causing her to whimper barely audibly. She leans her forehead against mine, eyes still shut tightly as if not wanting to let go of this moment. Gently running her fingers through my hair she whispers: "Can I call you baby?"

My heart swells at her words and all I can do is nod and kiss her again.

"I would love that."

"Do you want to sleep here with me tonight?", she opens her eyes and looks up at me almost pleadingly. Her expression makes me swoon as I breathe: "Absolutely."

A deep red tinting both our cheeks we lay next to each other - or rather tangled up with one another - when I ask:

"Miyeon, do you think we should tell the others about this?"

"Do you want to?"

"I mean I don't think they'll be surprised. Except maybe Soojin. But let's think about how we're going to go about her tomorrow. Right now I want cuddles!"

She giggles and buries her nose in my neck, her hot breath sending tingles down my spine. 

"Of course. Anything for my baby."

"Such a sweet talker. You're making me blush again.", I press a soft kiss against her temple. "I love you, unnie. I really do."

I can feel her smile against my skin. "I love you too, baby."

I will never get over her calling me that...

 

______

 

_? POV:

 

Little do they know that someone has been watching them this entire time.

Well seems like you won't have to worry about telling me anymore, she smirks to herself and retreats to her bed.

 

________

 

 

Hi, everyone!

So this is my first ff, I hope I haven't disappointed any of the people who have already subscribed. 🙈

MiSooShu just ooze that chaotic energy as a trio that is greater than anything else I know, so I really wanted to write a fic about the three of them, without it being all love triangle-ish, you feel? Not that I don't love drama, I do, but I just wanted to read MiSooShu fluff xD

 

Feel free to leave your thoughts, feedback or just whatever you want to comment!

 

Having said all that, I hope you enjoyed and have a wonderful day - and if you celebrate: Merry Christmas!

 

-- Monkee.