Chapter One: The day hell began

You Were Never A Joke

You can do it. Kim Taeyeon, you'll never know unless you do it.

Such thoughts evaded Taeyeon's mind as she stood a few feet away from Wooyoung, the boy she's been in love with for 4 years. She clutched the letter close to her heart and sighed. 

'Fine. What could go wrong?', she convinced herself. 

She made slow, heavy steps towards the direction where Wooyoung was, who was casually leaning against the wall. Hands in his pockets and his head hung low like he was zoning off. 

She stopped in her tracks when she felt someone grab her by the arm.

'Are you sleepwalking?', a voice said. She swiveled around and was greeted by her friend's confused face. When Soyeon saw that she was wide awake. She let go of her arms and sighed in relief. 

'I thought you were, sorry my bad'

Taeyeon let out a nervous chuckle before hiding the letter behind her back. But, her actions didn't escape the eyes of her friend.

'Yah! What was that? You sneaky little~ lemme see', Soyeon shrieked while wrestling Taeyeon's arm away.

Taeyeon finally let go of the letter and relucantly gave it to Soyeon. Her eyes immediately widened out in disbelief when she got hold of it.

'Is this what I think it is?'

Taeyeon could only nod her head. Now that Soyeon knew what she was planning to do. It made her doubt her actions. 

What were you thinking. You pabo!, she mentally scolded herself. She was expecting a laugh. She waited for Soyeon to make a joke out of her but after a few seconds have passed she never heard laughter from her friend.

Soyeon was gazing at the unopened letter. Her lips pursed like she was in deep thoughts. Soon. she held the letter in one arm and started fanning herself with it. 

'I'm not sure, but if you really want to you could', Soyeon said not looking at her friend. 'I mean, it would take a whole lot of guts to confess and you doing it. I don't think I ever have the right to stop you'. She fixed her eyes at Taeyeon and curved her lips to a smile while handing the letter out to her. 'Fighting!'

Taeyeon smiled. Somehow the nervousness she felt seems inevitable. She was gonna do it. She only hopes that she gets a positive response about it. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wooyoung looked up when he felt someone staring at him. Standing in front of him was a petite girl with brown wavy hair that cascaded down to her shoulders. She was clutching something close to her heart, as if it was the most precious thing in the world. Her face was covered with anxiety. Which he doesn't know the reason why. The girl continued to stand in front of him not uttering a word. He looked around him checking the area for someone else. Maybe she mistook him for someone else. He opened his mouth to speak and when he did the girl took a step back like she was shocked.

'Miss?', he saw how she was taken aback when he addressed her. Her eyes grew wide with shock. She clutched the thing more tightly. 

Annoyed, he detached himself from the wall and decided to walk away. Not even caring if he would seem rude or not. But, the girl spoke something which made him turn back around.

'I'm sorry. I just wanted to give you this'

Wooyoung raised his brows at her in confusion. "Neh?'

She extended her hands, the thing she was clutching outstreched at him. He grabbed it just in time before the girl's hand quickly pulled away. 

'Uhmmm', she uttered dumbfounded. 

'Where you really gonna give this to me or not?', Wooyoung asked not even bothering to cover the irritation in his voice.

Taeyeon wanted to answer, but looking at the letter which was already in his hand made it hard to do so.

I did it. I gave him the letter. She thought.

'Hey', Wooyoung's voice broke her out of her daze. She gulped. He wasn't very accomodating regarding by the stare he was giving her. Before Taeyeon could act with her mind. Her body reacted quickly. Her feet made her run to the opposit direction. Away to where he was. She didn't know where she was gonna go but somehow her body dragged her to where Soyeon was. Still on the same spot where she left her,.

'Hey', Soyeon greeted her.

Taeyeon waved back, still panting.

Soyeon raised and inquiring brow at her. 'I doubt it tuned out good'

Taeyeon gave out a throaty laugh, One that seems to say “Ohw you got that right”

Soyeon gave her friend a reassuring smile. 'Tell me all about it'

Taeyeon eased herself before telling her all about the encounter. 'When I saw him I got really nervous. Then I thought what could go wrong. A letter never did harm to anybody. Actually I was having doubts. I wanted to run away and not give him the letter. But then he turned away. I don't know when I would be given another chance so I went for it. Then when I was reaching out the letter my mind suddenly thought in advance. Panic shot through me. So I was about to call everything off but he grabbed it immediately and I stood there like a complete idiot. Wondering what to do next and before I knew it I ran.'

Soyeon who was listening to everything her friend was saying suddenly turned expressionless. Taeyeon noticed how she went stiff beside her. She nudged Soyeon and repeated her last statement. 'I ran, Soyeon I ran'

After a second of contemplating Taeyeon's last words. Soyeon laughed. Really laugh.

'Seriously?', She asked. 'Like ran off. Boy I should have seen the whole seen.'

'Gyaa!', Taeyoen protested slapping her arm. 'Stop teasing me about it'

'I'm not', Soyeon said, defending herself. 'But it's something. Confessions like that don't happen all the time. And to think you were the one who initiated it and ran away. This is hilarious'

Taeyeon turned a dark shade of red. She knew it was stupid but she can't help hitting Soyeon for pointing that out. 'I hate you'

'You keep me anyway', Soyeon pointed out.

'True, but I still hate you'

'Go whine about about it. But it still doesn't change the fact that you ran'

Taeyeon wanted to talk back but it was no use. She wouldn't win. Soyeon saw her friend resign. She sighed and placed a comforting hand on Taeyeon's shoulder. 'I can't guarantee that everything will turn out fine but whatever happens I'll be there'

'Why can't you lie at one time and give a poor girl a break. Why not say 'Everything will turn out fine'

Soyeon laughed. 'I was told true friends always speak of the truth.'

Taeyeon returned the smile and nudged Soyeon yet again. 'You're one heck of a true friend'

======

Since the original chapter was deleted. And I didn't have a spare copy. This chapter was revised. Anyway. Hope you like it..