Chapter 35

Being My Brother Is Not Easy

 

‘Chunji oppa.’

Chunji froze.

That voice….

Chunji slowly tilted his head up.Now everyone had stopped laughing and stared at the owner’s voice in disgrace,except you and Sungjong who didn’t know anything.

‘Y-You…’

You looked at the girl standing in front of you from head to toe.She was really pretty and cute.

(suddenly in a mood to search for ulzzang pictures :P)

She looked familiar…you thought.

 

*‘I’ll put you here,’you laid his shirt and folded it before placing it on the table.

‘Done!’you chirped.You studied his table.There were frames with pictures of him and a middle-aged man and woman.

‘Must be his parents,’you took the frame and held it up.

‘No wonder he got looks,his mother’s still look so pretty and his father is still handsome,even though they are not that young anymore,’you told yourself,staring at the picture of Chunji standing in the middle while his parents were sitting on the chairs in front of him.All of them were smiling including Chunji.

Suddenly,a piece of paper from behind the frame slipped down.Curious,you turned the paper around,no,the photo around and gasped.

It was a picture of Chunji,smiling brightly with a pretty girl with long straight hair,both making a peace sign. You had never seen him smiling like that before.Your eyes then fell on the words that were located at end of the right side.

Dayoung-ah,look at me only,okay?Don’t break our promise!…..I love you.*

 

Is this girl…Dayoung?you turned to Chunji.His eyes were full of sorrow and sadness.

‘Don’t you remember me?How could y-,’

‘What are you doing here?’he snapped.

‘Dayoung-ah,’a tall handsome male came near.

 

Chunji looked at him in angry and despise.

The male followed Dayoung’s gaze and widened his eyes.

‘C-Chunji…’

‘Taejoon,’Chunji clutched his knuckles tightly.

‘Why are you still here?Go away,’Chunji finally spoke.

‘Why are you being like this?Wait…don’t tell me…you still..love me?’Dayoung scoffed.

Chunji clutched his knuckles tighter and looked away.

‘Tch.Chunji oppa,I told you already.I’m so not into you,’she said nonchalantly.

Does this girl has no shame?you frowned at her.

‘Yah,’everyone’s attention is on you right now.

‘Who are you?’Taejoon asked.He knew the others except Sungjong and you.

‘Don’t you think you’re being shameless right now?You’re attracting everyone’s attention right now,did you know that?Now ppali!Go away!Chunji-sshi told you to go,so go!’you pointed at the door.

‘Ah..seriously,who are you?’Dayoung frowned.

‘I-I’m..,’you looked at Chunji.He was lifting a brow.

You looked down,Aish…I’m probably being the shame one.

Chunji smirked.Hearing your words just now made him suddenly better,surprisingly.

‘Didn’t you heard her?Go away,’Chunji looked at Dayoung.

‘H-Her?Who is she?’

The others around the table rounded their eyes,Her?

You averted your gaze to Chunji,who was smirking.

‘She is…my girlfriend.’

 

‘Mwo?This..This tomboy?’she pointed at you.Everyone had their mouth gaped opened,including you.

‘What’s wrong?She may looked like a tomboy,but she has a big heart.At least I know she’s loyal to me and will never,ever cheated on me with my very,own,bestfriend,’he spatted and glared at Taejoon.

‘Before a fight will break here,I suggest you two to leave,’L.Joe said.

‘There’s no need for you to say.We’re going anyway,’Taejoon rolled his eyes and grabbed Dayoung’s hand to leave.

‘Yeah!Go away!Don’t come near us again!’Changjo yelled.

‘Shut up maknae,’Niel smacked his head.

‘Owwiee,’Changjo rubbed the spot where Niel had smacked him.

‘..Mianhae,’Chunji uttered.

‘Mworago?’you looked at him.

‘I’m sorry,for saying you’re a girl and my girlfriend,’he looked up and stood up.

‘Chunji-sshi.’

‘I need some fresh air,’he excuse himself and rushed outside.

‘C-Chunji-sshi!’you stood up and ran after him.

‘Hyung!Sunbae!’Changjo too stood up but Ricky had grabbed his hand before he could chase after you both.

‘Ricky?’

Ricky shooked his head,’Let them be.’

‘Wae?’Changjo sat down.Ricky didn’t answer but just smiled.

Because maybe,she can make Chunji become himself again.

Sungjong tilted his head,What’s happening here?He looked around the table and his eyes landed on L.Joe.

Hm…Chunji lied to that girl just now Sunji’s his girlfriend..and Sunji now running after Chunji….and L.Joe right now…..is looking upset?And perhaps…jealous?Sungjong massaged his temples,Aigoo…he looked back at L.Joe,Well,is it only me or things are really becoming interesting?

 

‘Ahh,where did he go?’you panted.You glanced around and finally found him,sitting on a swing,in a playground.

Quietly,you walked and sat on the swing beside him.

‘So..she’s the one in the picture,right?’you broke the silence after few minutes.

Still,silence filled the air.

What to do?I’m not that good in this kind of thing!you bit your lips.

‘I-I’m sorry.I didn’t mean anything.I think I better get going now.Before I make you angry,’you were about to go when Chunji finally spoken.

‘Dayoung…,’you looked at him,Shall I sot down?you hesitated but sat down eventually.

Chunji,still looking down at the ground softly smiled as he saw you from the corner of his eyes.

‘Dayoung….was my first friend and my first love.’

‘First-?’you prevented yourself from saying more,I must kept my mouth shut from questioning him if I want him to open up to me.

‘I knew her when I was five,’he said.You nodded your head,signaling that you’re listening.

‘That time I have no friends and I was always alone.My parents..they were busy making money..but I know they always love me.Even though they were busy,they will always tried their best to make time for me.But I am still a kid back then.I want to be with my parents 24 hours a day.I’m the only son so I have nobody to play with.’

‘I remembered the first time I met her at the playground.’

 

FLASHBACK

‘So,this is playground!’the five years old Chunji stared at the playground in amazement.

‘Ne do-ryeon-nim.Have fun!I’ll be watching from far,’Chunji’s personal driver said.He had brought Chunji here since Chunji had insisted.His parents actually had made a promise to bring him here,but despite the young age,Chunji knew his parents were busy and he couldn’t wait to play at the playground.

‘Wah!’he laughed happily as he slid down the slide.He ran from here to there,trying everything.

‘Oh!It’s a swing!’he ran but unfortunately tripped over his own foot.

‘Ah!’he dusted his knee and noticed it was slightly cut.He wanted to cry but he forbid himself from doing so,he didn’t want to embarrass himself.His driver didn’t notice since he was busy chatting with other child’s father.

‘Gwenchana?’he looked up and saw an angelic looking girl staring at him in worry.

‘N-Ne,’his voice trembled.

‘Wait here,’she ran somewhere and Chunji shut his eyes,trying to forget the pain.

‘I got this from my omma….It’s going to be pain a little,’the girl came back.Chunji opened his eyes and saw the girl had a plaster and a bottle of water in her hands.She uncapped the bottle and poured bit by bit on Chunji’s wound until it was clean.

Then,she took a tissue to wipe the water.Chunji winced at the pain.

‘Mianhae,’she mumbled and put the plaster on Chunji’s knee.

‘Done!’she chirped and clapped gleefully.

‘Ah,kamsahanmida!’he said.

‘Um!’she smiled and ready to play again.

‘Wait!’Chunji accidentally called her.

‘Ne?’she spunned around.

‘W-What’s your name?I’m Lee Chanhee,’he sheepishly asked.

‘Dayoung,’the girl answered, ‘Shin Dayoung.’

From that day onwards Chunji always came to the playground just to come and see her.They began to become good friends.Dayoung was three months younger than him,so Chunji told her to call him oppa.Later,they entered the same primary school,to Chunji’s relief.

That’s where Chunji met with Ricky and Niel.The four of them always hang out together until they met Taejoon.Chunji was only eight at that time.He was alone at the back of the school,sleeping under a tree but a sudden hard shove woke him up.

‘Yah!Move!This is our spot!’Chunji opened his eyes and saw the seniors of the school.

Afraid of them,he nodded and got up to get away from them as quickly as possible.

‘Stop!’one of them yanked his collar.

‘Ne?’his legs shaked hard.

‘Are you the son of the Lee’s company?’he asked.

Chunji nodded,on his mind was only the plan to get away from them.

‘Then you must have a lot of money,’the boy smirked and soon the seniors were crowding him.

‘No,I don’t!’he squeaked and frantically shooked his head.

‘Don’t lie to us,’another senior hissed and pushed him till he fell on the ground.

‘Chunji oppa!’Dayoung ran and stood protectively in front of him, ‘Don’t hurt him!’

‘What can you do,little girl?’the senior snorted and shoved her aside.

‘Tch,bullying smaller kids.Are you sure you’re seniors?’

A boy with both his hands in his pocket walked in front Chunji and Dayoung.

‘You brat!’one of the seniors were about to slapped him before he smirked.

‘Touch me,and I’ll tell the teachers,’he said.

‘Ohh!Teacher’s pet??!’the seniors snickered, ‘Then how about that pity boy over there?’they pointed at Chunji,who was glaring death at them.

‘Touch him,and you will be living in the streets forever,’Taejoon said nonchalantly.

‘Mwo?’they looked at Taejoon.

‘If I’m not mistaken,all of your dad worked under Chunji’s dad company.Haven’t you thought of the consequences if Chunji told his parents about this?The probability of his dad going to fire your dad is high.So,do you still want to live with having everything you wish for or do you want to live in dreams?’Taejoon ended his speech.

‘What the hell,let’s go guys,’soon the seniors dispersed.

‘Are you alright?’the boy held out his hand at Chunji.Chunji gladly took it and the boy helped him to stand up.

‘Thank you,’Chunji bowed at him.

‘There’s no need to bow,’the boy chuckled and helped Dayoung to stand up, ‘I’m the same age as you.’

‘You do?’Chunji tilted his head.

‘Yeah,my name’s Taejoon.I guessed you didn’t know me since I’m not in you’re class,’he held out his hand.

‘Lee Chanhee,’Chunji shaked his hand.

‘I know.You’re quite famous here,’Taejoon held out his hand to Dayoung.

‘What’s yours?’

‘D-Dayoung.Shin Dayoung,’she squeaked.

‘Ah,Dayoung.Kyeopta.See you then!’he patted her shoulder and left.

‘N-Ne,’she blushed.

Chunji couldn’t help but feel a bit jealous when Taejoon touched Dayoung.However,he brushed the thought away and called Taejoon.

‘Taejoon ah!Do you want to join us during lunch?’

Taejoon’s face lit up,’I-I can?’

‘Sure!You helped me,so I wonder if we can become friends?’Chunji hopefully asked.

‘Gladly,’he smiled.That’s how Taejoon became bestfriends with Chunji.

 As years passed,Chunji became bestfriends with L.Joe,Changjo and CAP.And as they grew up,Chunji began to develop special feelings for Dayoung.His heart always thumped hard whenever he met Dayoung and he always blushed when Dayoung smiled at him.

He knew he had fallen in love with her.