Chapter 31

Being My Brother Is Not Easy

 

‘Sungyeol-sshi?’

You abruptly stopped walking and turned around.

‘Naeun-sshi?’

She nodded.Her arms were crossed and her face was showing dissatisfaction even though she tried hard not to show it.

‘Do you need any help?’you tilted your head.

She stared at you for a bit, ‘Yes.’

‘What is it?’

‘I need your help…to stay away from Chunji oppa,’she nonchalantly said.

‘Why should I do that?’

‘Perhaps I’m being over jealous,but I can’t help but to feel something weird when you’re with Chunji oppa,’she said in a matter of fact tone.

‘So you’re telling me to stay away from Chunji because you do not like the feeling when I’m with Chunji?’

‘Yes,will you mind to do that?’

You stared at her dumbfoundedly.Who does she think she is?

She smiled, ‘I take that as a yes.Sorry if I’m being a bit harsh.But you know,I like Chunji oppa,’she bowed and gave the angelic smile of hers before walking away.

‘But I didn’t say anything,’you mumbled.You looked at her back and bit your lips.

‘Like I’ll listen,’you tsked.

 

‘Run from the end of this court to the other end.Those who are late will be punished a hundred push ups,’the coach ordered.The players were having a break while the cheerleaders were stillpracticing their new routine.

‘Really,I can’t wait to become one of the players.The coach is torturing us like hell,’Junhong smugged.You secretly agreed with him.

‘Hey,the players had experienced what we’re experiencing now,’his friend,Jongup patted his back.

‘I know,’Junhong pouted.

‘Quit with talking!On your mark!’the coach placed the whistle in his mouth,all of the reserves lined up in a straight line,one of the hands were touching the wall.

As soon as the whistle was blew,the boys ran quickly so they will not be the last to arrive.You,on the other hand were trying to keep up with their pace until you tripped your own foot.

‘Argh!’

‘Sungyeol!’Niel rushed towards you.The coach blew his whistle and jogged towards you.

‘Sungyeol,gwenchana?’the coach asked.

‘N-Ne,’you tried to stand up but to no avail.

The coach lifted up your leg and inspected it.

‘Looks like he had sprained his ankle,’Chunji said.

The coach nodded, ‘Yup.I don’t think you can walk to the infirmary alone.Ask one of the reserves to accompany you.’

‘There’s no need to.I can walk there by myself,’you assured the coach and stood up.

‘You sure?’the coach asked.

‘Ne.’

You took a step forward but unfortunately stumbled.Luckily,Chunji managed to catch you before you fell.

From the corner of your eyes,you watched Naeun looking at you furiously.Her friends were looking at you too.

‘Thanks,’you mumbled and dragged yourself out of the court.

‘Coach,I’m going to help Sungyeol,’Niel said.

‘What are you saying?You need to practice!Don’t worry about Sungyeol.I’ll ask the reserves to accompany Sungyeol.’

‘Um..,I don’t think Sungyeol need help anymore,’Niel blinked.

‘Why?’the coach turned around as Niel showed the door.

‘Chunji already left,’Niel pointed.Which is weird….

 

‘A pa,’you started to regret not asking someone to accompany you.

‘It hurts,doesn’t it?’

You don’t need to see the face to recognized the voice.

‘Chunji-sshi?What are you doing here?’he walked leisurely beside you.

‘Can you walk?’Chunji worriedly asked when you suddenly stopped,restraining yourself from wincing because of your sprained ankle.

‘Ne,’your voice shooked.

‘I hope you’re not that heavy,’Chunji sighed.

‘What do you mean by that-?Woah,Chunji-sshi!’you shrieked.He had put his arm around your waist and leg.Swiftly,he carried you bridal style.

Afraid of falling,you placed your arms around his neck.

‘What are you doing?Put me down!’you wriggled to free yourself.

‘No.You already hurt your ankle.I’m not that bad to just watch and not help those who are in pain,’Chunji said.

You pouted,looking away.

‘..Chunji-sshi?’

‘Hm?’

‘Are you..helping me now?You’re not going to do something funny right?’

Chunji didn’t answer the question.He,too was surprised by his own actions.You gazed at his side face.This is like a prince,carrying his princess back to the castle.In this case,Chunji’s the prince,and I’m the princess,you dreamed.

‘We’re here,’he put you down and opened the door.

‘He’s not here,’Chunji muttered,glancing everywhere.

‘Who?’

‘The school doctor,pabo.Sit here,’Chunji said.He patted at a chair and went to where the first aid-kit were.

‘I’m not a pabo,’you mumbled and sat.

Chunji took everything he needed and walked to you.He stopped halfway as he looked at you who were busy fiddling with your fingers.

‘Is it because you’re a girl that I treat you like this?Chunji,no,you can’t be this weak,’he whispered to himself.

‘Is it still hurt?’he approached you.

You nodded weakly.

‘Bear the pain for a while,’he opened the the box and did the work.

You stared at his handsome face.He was trying hard not to made you feel the pain of your sprained ankle.

Chunji-sshi,I don’t know how many times I had thought this,but why are you so handsome?you continued to stare at him.

‘What are you doing?’his voice woke you up.

‘What-,’you gasped.

You didn’t realize along the time you were staring at him,you were coming near to his face as you were taking every little details of his features.

‘Nothing!’you stood up immediately and fell back on your seat.

‘Argh,’you furrowed your brows,trying to brush the pain away.

‘Gwenchana?’Chunji looked at you worriedly.

‘G-GWENCHANA!K-KAMSAHANMIDA,CHUNJI-SSHI!’you grabbed your shoes and ran away with your sprained leg.

‘Y-YAH,YOUR LEG-!’Chunji shouted,but you were already lost from his sight.

‘Aish,jinjja,what’s wrong with that girl?’

You hid yourself behind the wall,leaning agaist it.

‘What’s wrong with me?!’you bit your lips and felt your racing heart.

You remembered every single of his features and blushed.

‘Aigoo,what are you blushing for?’you felt your hot cheeks.

‘Aish!Sunji!What happen to you?D-Don’t tell me,you like him?!’you talked to yourself.

‘Now,you’re talking to yourself,’you knocked your head.

‘Sungyeol-sshi?’

You heard your name was called by a familiar voice.

You peeked over with your eyes and saw him.

‘Aish,where’s that girl?’he mumbled.

‘Chunji?’you whispered.

Dugeun.Dugeun.

You hid yourself behind the wall again.

Slowly,you placed both your palms on your heated cheeks then to your racing heart.

‘Seolma…I like Chunji?’

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

'...............Hahahaha!'you explode into silent laughter, 'Impossible.I do admire him,but not that extend to really like him,right?'