The Aftermath

Serendipity

Seoul

“How was your outing ‘little sister’?” Yonghwa sang as Jiwon shot him an irritated look. “Shut it Oppa before someone can hear.” She sneered.

“Hey! What’s wrong in calling your little sister a ‘little sister’?” he faked hurt. Jiwon groaned and was about to strangle her brother as the door creaked open. Both the siblings released the breaths they were holding looking at the person who came in.

“Could you please knock the next time you come over Yeon?” Jiwon was exasperated.

Jiyeon narrowed her eyes at Yonghwa, “You were teasing her again Oppa?” she questioned clicking her tongue in disapproval.

“Oh Lord! What evil little beings do I have for sisters!” he dramatically said, before laughing at his sisters' unamused looks. “I hope you guys had a nice time.” He questioned as he went to get them some coffee. Both the girls nodded and thanked him for the coffee. Jiwon went on to recite what all places the explored, urging Yonghwa to make a trip himself to Bali.

“No thanks, I already have a trip planned to Hawaii.” He beamed. “You and your obsession with Hawaii. How many times have you been there? I doubt, there is a nook left there that you didn’t explore.” Jiwon said as her pager beeped. She gulped the remaining coffee and ran out to her patient.

Jiyeon sighed. “Reminds me of the reason why I came here today. Oppa please do something about Kia's schedule. That kid has barely time to breath and the others keep dumping their work on her as she never says no.” she complained.

“I actually noticed that. I wish she’d stop being stubborn and reveal who she is, but again, it’s her decision and I cannot do anything.” He sighed. “And that is why I’m reshuffling the duties. She’ll be seeing the clinics for most of the week and I will limit her surgeries to just one day a week.” He said, as he handed Jiyeon the planned schedule. Jiyeon smiled “She’s gonna flip after she sees this.” She said. “Well I can’t help it. My sister’s health is more important than anything.” He said smiling.

The cousins talked for a while before they parted to attend their respective duties. “I didn’t see Seri.” Yonghwa asked nonchalantly while locking his cabin. Jiyeon turned around with a huge grin plastered on her face “Emergency Cesarean.” and added “Stop that stupid poker face Oppa, I know you.” before she walked away.

Yonghwa shook his head with a small smile and went for his rounds.

Loud flashes, different costumes lined in rows, chaotic crew and two really charming men posing. Both of them had equally mysterious yet alluring auras. “Amazing guys!” “Bravo!” yelled the photographer as he clicked on. About a hundred pictures and five costume changes later, he finally ended the shoot. “I’m pretty sure this album’s gonna be a huge success. People are going to go crazy.” The photographer said as the duo came out after changing. They smiled and thanked him.

“As I previously mentioned, this album is a huge secret and will be a surprise to the fans. Please make sure that not a bit of this shoot gets leaked.” The CEO of their agency, who came along requested. “Not at all sir. You have my word.” The photographer replied and walked away.

He then turned towards the duo “Kai and Tae, good work and you guys too, make sure that you aren’t snapped together” he said. “Don’t worry hyung, we kept Kimsan and our relation a secret, this is a piece of cake.” assured Kai. “Precisely!” Taeyang added. The CEO nodded and sent them off.

Meanwhile in the hospital cafeteria Jiwon was grudgingly eating food with Seri trying to pacify her as Yonghwa and Jiyeon joined them. “How dare you change my schedule?” she barked looking at her brother. “Listen, I cannot answer Mom and Dad if you die of overworking and consider this as my favor to you. Go indulge in your favorite books or music or things you couldn’t do while you were busy. If I feel good enough, I might let you into the OR twice a week. Till then clinics it is!” He reasoned.

“But clinics are too boring Oppa! What about my adrenaline rush when I operate?” She groaned. “Jung Jiwon, sometimes clinics are fun too and my decision is final. You’ll thank me later.” He firmly said and Jiwon could only pout. They had a small conversation and Yonghwa left early to attend a seminar.

“So girls, I’ll be done by five, wanna hangout?” Jiwon asked her two friends. “No buds, I’m on labor call tonight.” Seri replied while Jiyeon shook her head stating she had 2 elective surgeries planned that evening. “Hyunah will be busy due to the month end audits, why don’t you call Chae? I’m sure she’ll be free.” Seri suggested “And get dragged around for the wedding shopping? No thanks.” Jiwon retorted as the rest chuckled.

“Just go home and tidy it up Kia. I know the place looks terrible.” Jiyeon said and left for her cabin. Seri gave her a pat and followed Jiyeon. Jiwon sighed as she dragged herself to the OP room. As Jiwon let herself out of the hospital, it was still bright. She rarely was off duty at this time of the day. She either left late at midnight or slept at the hospital. She got into her dark blue Porsche 911 and drove home.

Being used to the almost nil traffic at nights, the evening traffic was such a hassle for her. It took her half an hour to finish the otherwise ten minute ride to her apartment. Going with Jiyeon’s suggestion, she started to tidy up her place and it was almost eight by the time she was done. She took a quick shower and made a simple Aglio e olio for herself. Pairing it up with a glass of wine, she decided to binge watch Netflix.

Seven people gathered in an exquisite dining parlour in an equally regal mansion at the far end of the city. There were three couples presided by an old man, all looking happy as they exchanged conversations while indulging in the fine dinner.

It was about five in the morning when Jiwon's biological clock forced her to wake up. She looked at her alarm clock only to realize, she had another 4 hours to go for her work. She tried to sleep again, but couldn’t. After tossing and turning for a while, she gave up and decided to pamper herself. She went for a jog after which she took a warm bath, picked out a peach chiffon dress shirt and paired it with an above knee off white skirt. She pinned her hair in a half updo and put on some light makeup that included mascara and a tinted lip gloss.

She made herself a sandwich for breakfast and drank some coffee while she looked at the new cardiothoracic journal. At about 8, she decided to leave for the hospital. She started putting on her crocs when she realized, she’ll only have to sit in the OP clinic. So she ditched them for a pair of heels. She looked at the mirror one last time and left.

“Good morning” Jiwon chirped as she entered the hospital. She went to the wards to check on her now older patients and spotted Seunghyub fighting to stay awake at the doctor’s station.

“Knock knock doctor!” she laughed as Seunghyub got startled at the sudden sound. She handed him the coffee she got which he gratefully took. “Thanks man! You are a savior.” He said as he downed the beverage. Seunghyub albeit being extremely skillful, was very kind and warm hearted. He never judged and was always there to help Jiwon with her duties. He was the only friend she had in the hospital.

“Rough night?” she asked. “Don’t even get me started, there were five bad RTAs, two of the in patients were shifted to ICU and Jungkook was nowhere in sight. Just because he’s the director’s son, he takes everything for granted. Such a brat.” He complained. Jiwon hated this Jungkook guy too. He was too full of himself and people like him are what you call ‘rotten products of nepotism’. “Why doesn’t this learn something from Yonghwa sir? Despite being the heir to this hospital, he is so down to earth and compassionate.” he said.

Jiwon nodded holding her grin. She was proud of her brother and really liked it when the rest loved him too. Seunghyub’s pager began to beep and he groaned “Not again!”. “It’s alright, hold on for five more hours and you’re done.” Jiwon encouraged as Seunghyub began to run towards the ER.

Sighing, she headed towards the OPD to begin her boring day. Jiwon finished her 10th patient when Seunghyub called her. “My head is shutting down and the new patient looks like he has bowel obstruction. Just look into his CT scan and let me know what exactly it is. Please.” He pleaded. “Yep. No probs.” she obliged as she motioned the nurse to send the next patient inside.

She turned to her computer and was examining the CT scan when she heard the patient come in. “Please give a moment. You can take the seat and I’ll get to you in a minute.” she said without taking her eyes of the screen. Putting on a triumphant smile after diagnosing the scan she called Seunghyub. “Got it. It is duodenal pressure necrosis due to SMA dilation. Get an angiogram done and take the patient for resection and anastomosis.” she said and put the phone down after Seunghyub’s hurried thanks.

She finally looked at the patient who was sitting in front of her with a mask and a cap covering his face. “I’m sorry for that. It was an emergency case. So what are your complaints?” she enquired with a smile.

“I think I have a problem with my heart doctor.” he replied. She was writing it down on his case sheet as she further enquired, “What exactly is wrong? Does it hurt, feel uneasy or palpitate?”

“It was stolen by a certain doctor, so I’ve come here to collect it back.” came the reply.

Jiwon was taken aback. She stopped writing and looked up at the patient only to freeze, her eyes wide and mouth slightly agape.

Taeyang smirked and broke into a small smile at her reaction. She looked so different in the hospital. The naïve and carefree girl he saw in Bali is now replaced with a responsible intellect. This, all the more drove him to her. ‘How perfect can you get Kiara.’ He thought.

Shocked was an understatement to what Jiwon was feeling. What she buried deep in her memories as a dream is now hitting back as a huge tide. And the cherry on top, Taeyang’s smile is making her breathless. “ H-How?” “W-why?” she started to stutter making him smile wider. “Stop smiling like that! I cannot think straight!” she blurted out and buried her face in her hands when she realized she spoke her thoughts out.

Taeyang burst into a melodious laughter muttering “So cute.” They finally composed themselves and looked at each other drinking in their presences.

Taeyang broke the silence “Do you want to continue this here or would you like to go out on lunch with me?” he asked raising an eyebrow. Jiwon blinked twice before answering “Lunch sounds good.” Taeyang smiled and got up. “Then, see you at 1 senorita.” He winked and left Jiwon in a flustered puddle.

Jiyeon just finished a tiring facial reconstruction surgery and dragged herself to her cabin. She locked the door and began to change when she heard a cough. She halted and turned towards the source to find a smirking Kai. She followed his eyes down and realized she took her shirt off. Blushing profusely, she put her shirt back on “What are you doing here and who let you in?” she curtly asked.

“Where there is a will, there is a way Ji.” he smiled. She remembered telling him the exact same words when he thought of pursuing dance and was scared to make a move. She sighed, “What do you want Jongin?” she asked.

“I want you to stop running away Ji. I want you to listen for once and we both need this talk for neither did you nor I moved on from that night.” He earnestly replied. Jiyeon knew he was right and sat down motioning him to continue. With a sigh of relief followed by a thankful smile Kai started.

“That night, at the party, Daniel challenged me to a drinking showdown. I usually am not the type to get drunk quickly but that day, I was really high after three glasses. Despite sensing something fishy, I continued. By the time I was done, my senses were totally clouded and I couldn’t think straight. At that time, I don’t remember who, told me that you were waiting near the pool side and I went. I really thought it was you as the entire outfit, hairstyle and even the perfume she had on was like yours. She came to me and started to kiss and I really thought it was you and responded. And trust me Ji, I love you too much to ever betray you.” He finished, his eyes pooling with unshed tears.

Jiyeon was stunned with this new revelation. She could only open and close . Kai understood her. “I came to your dorm the next day to tell you the truth, but you were gone. The last words you said resonated in my head and I thought I’d give you a little time to calm down. But 6 years Jiyeon! You hid really well. I lost hope and then Bali happened. I’m forever indebted to that place.” He said.

Jiyeon clearly remembered that night. She ran back to her dorm, packed her things, borrowed her friend’s car and drove to Jiwon’s. Despite making a surprising visit looking distraught at an ungodly hour, Jiwon took her in and she spent the next month picking up all the broken pieces. By the time she returned to Harvard, Jongin was gone and she shut herself away. She just couldn’t believe her misunderstanding wrenched them apart. Nothing could stop her tears as she repeatedly whispered “ I’m sorry.” Kai put his hands around her and pulled her into his embrace which was as warm as ever. He soothed her as she cried her pain away.

As the clock started to approach 1, Jiwon started to get fidgety. Though she became all philosophical and preached the truths of reality, seeing Taeyang before her, they all were thrown into the drain. She felt every cell of herself slipping away when he was there. And to makes things worse, she is a member of his fan club and his oh damn sinful smile just wipes away her sanity.

She looked at the clock for the nth time and checked herself in the mirror, adjusting and readjusting her hair. There was a knock on her door and she immediately ran to her chair, pretending to look busy. She looked up with a small smile only to see her brother and she scowled.

“Woah! To what do I owe such a warm welcome sister?” he asked. “What do you want Oppa? I’m really busy.” She was getting irritated. “Chill. I came to take you out for lunch, but looks like you’ve got a date.” He wriggled his eyebrows sending a blush across her face. He laughed at his sister’s flustered demeanor and gave her a pat.

“Go, have fun and take the day off. I’ll cover for you. And Grandpa is in town, so be careful.” He said with a knowing look. Jiwon nodded “I will and thank you Oppa.” She smiled brightly.

Before he opened the door to leave, he turned back “Don’t forget to take some condoms along.” He said and burst into a booming laughter, sprinting out before the tissue box Jiwon threw could hit him. She could only curse at how annoying her brother can be.

Jiwon was trying to compose herself when she heard another knock. Startled, she looked at the doorway to see Taeyang in an olive green dress shirt tucked in blue jeans. She couldn’t see his face well as he covered it with a cap and mask, but she knew he’d look breathtaking anyway.

“Hey.” He said rubbing the nape of his neck and Jiwon reciprocated with a shy ‘Hi'.

“So, ready to go?” he asked, raising his eyebrows. She nodded and collected her things, hung her white coat on the stand and joined Taeyang at the doorway. Taeyang turned towards her and held his hand out , “May I?” he asked. This reminded her of the first time they met, at the club. She looked into his beautiful eyes and gave a small smile while gingerly placing her hand in his’. She could see his eyes crinkling in happiness as he held her hand and lead her out.

Both of them were seated in his car while Taeyang was driving around. Jiwon couldn’t help but marvel at his side profile, ‘God did take his time to carve such a perfection’ she thought. She was pulled out from her reverie by Taeyang’s cough.

“What time are you supposed to go back?” he asked. He was desperately wishing for her to stay a bit longer as he wanted to take her to his favorite spot and spend time getting to know her.

“Well, my brother kind of found out I was going out and told me to take the day off, so yeah, I’m free for the rest of the day.” She said. Taeyang couldn’t have been more happier as everything would go as he planned.

“What’s your favorite food?” he asked. “I basically like a little spicier food, but cheese is a big no. But the irony is that, Italian is my favorite cuisine.” She said and he let out a throaty laugh. “So how about pizza and coke for the lunch? Oh with the spicy toppings.” He asked. “I’d love it.” She said. It has been so long and she was craving for a pizza. “And we’re getting a takeaway as we’re going to a very special place.” He added.

“Sounds good, but does that place require me to dress comfortably?” she enquired. He took a quick glance at her and replied “Well, if you aren’t comfortable in what you’re wearing now, I can make a quick stop at the mall. You can buy something comfy”. “Thank you so much Taeyang.” She smiled. Hearing his name from made him feel surreal. ‘I can go on listening to her call my name all the time’ he thought.

Taeyang stopped the car in the parking lot of a huge mall. He looked around to make sure he wasn’t tailed. Once he realized that the coast was clear, he nodded at Jiwon and they both got down. They quickly made their way to the elevator and pressed the floor number. They exhaled as the elevator doors closed and both of them were alone. Taeyang gave Jiwon an apologetic look to which she reassured him with a pat on his arm.

“I’ll go buy what I need while you get our food. We can meet at the parking lot.” She said. Taeyang looked at her a bit unsure, “Will you be okay? I can accompany you.” He didn’t want her to be alone when he was with her. "It's totally fine, and I don't want you getting into trouble, especially now, as you have a special collaboration coming up." she wriggled her eyebrows mischievously. Taeyang's eyes widened and before he could open his mouth, the elevator doors opened and Jiwon immediately walked away grinning. He could only look at her disappearing back in awe.

Jiwon went into the first store she saw and got herself a pistachio colored floral summer dress with a sweetheart neckline and puffed sleeves that ended a little below mid-thigh. She also bought a pair of sneakers and soon changed into the new attire, leaving her hair down. To be on the safer side, she got herself a snapback and went back to Taeyang's car in the parking lot.

Meanwhile, Taeyang went to a pizzeria and ordered a couple of pizzas and diet cokes. He continuously kept looking around for any suspicious person as Dispatch suddenly decided to focus on him. He doesn't want Kiara to be made known to public. With her being a doctor and constantly getting exposed to many people, she will be more vulnerable to all the sasaeng fans' anger and assaults. He cannot let her get hurt, especially when he just found her and wants to spend the rest of his life with her. He collected the take away and rushed to his car in the parking lot.

Taeyang was already in the car, waiting as Jiwon came by. She quickly got into the car and he started to drive. Once they were away from the busy roads and were sure they weren’t being tagged, they took in a huge breath.

“Mmmm… The pizza smells so good, I just want to devour it now.” moaned Jiwon. Taeyang let out a throaty chuckle, “Well, you’ll have to wait for a little while love. It is another thirty minute drive.” he said winking at her.

She ended up blushing in different shades of red when he called her ‘love’. The rest of the ride was filled with the both getting to know each other more and further strengthening whatever they felt for each other.

Taeyang took multiple turns through what looked like woods. The foliage started to thin down after a while revealing a magnificent lake. It wasn’t really that large, but wasn’t small either. With its aquamarine water, pebble filled shore and a beautiful cottage by it’s side, it looked as if it was taken out from a Disney book. There also was a small gazebo in the middle of the lake connected to the shore with stepping stones resembling a fairy's haven.

Jiwon rushed to the shore and admired her surroundings in awe. “Are you my fairy godmother Taeyang? This place looks so magical, how did you even find this?” she gushed. Taeyang laughed at her childlike demeanor and hugged her from behind, engulfing her with his warmth, making her melt against him.

“Back when my parents got engaged, they clicked well with each other despite it being arranged. They loved going on hikes and stumbled upon this place. My mom fell so much in love with it that my dad decided to buy it as a present for her. He even got that gazebo made to give her a proper proposal. Since then, this place became their little get away. When I graduated, my mom brought me here and told me that I can have this for my special girl.” he said.

Jiwon realized what he meant and turned towards him, her eyes filled with questions and uncertainty were gazing into his eyes which were full of love and adoration. He understood her inquisition and cupped her face trying to take away all her worries.

“Not just a fairy godmother, I can be anything you want Kiara but at the most, I’d want to be your man and only yours.” He said with such an intensity that Jiwon couldn’t help but shed a few tears. Taeyang tenderly wiped them away for her and placed a chaste kiss on her forehead. Jiwon smiled and buried her face in his chest, tightening the embrace.

A loud rumble from Taeyang’s stomach woke them up from their reverie. They both ended up laughing. Taeyang took the food from his car and strode towards the gazebo with Jiwon in tow. Being tall with long legs made it easy for him to maneuver the stepping stones, but with her short legs, Jiwon was super scared to go over them. Taeyang already reached the gazebo and turned around to see her struggling with the second step. He laughed and went back to her. Without any warning, he swept her into his arms, which resulted in Jiwon’s scream followed by her punches.

Taeyang carried her towards the gazebo in bridal style set her down upon reaching it. It was a very pretty sight. There were several vines climbing over the posts, extending to the transparent roof. There was a mattress in the middle with few cushions. And at the opposite end, there were few stairs descending into the lake, making it a perfect place to sit and get cozy as the lake waters softly caress your feet. It indeed looked like a fairy’s haven.

Taeyang and Jiwon sat down and started to eat their pizza as they continued to talk about each other. Suddenly Taeyang remembered something. “How did you actually know about my upcoming collaboration? I’m pretty sure I never revealed anything.” He asked her.

Jiwon’s eyes widened at this question and she blushed. She avoided his eyes as she opened something on her phone and passed it over to him. Taeyang’s eyes doubled and he gasped as he saw what she showed.

“You really are my fan? And you are actually a member of my fan cafe?” he asked looking at her fancafe feed and the various fan theories about his collaboration. She only nodded, with her head still down. “Wow, this is so cool! I mean I never expected it.” He kept musing. “ Wait! So you knew who I was back in Bali? Oh God why did you push me away then. You looked so sad I thought you hated me" he pouted.

Jiwon immediately looked at him, furiously shaking her head. “No, no, no. I can never hate you. I was just sad because I liked it too much but I knew we would end up getting hurt if things progressed. I thought I could just think of it as a dream but” She hesitated.

“But..” he urged her to continue. She bit her lip as she said “It wouldn’t leave me alone! I thought I’d go crazy if I didn’t meet you again.” She blurted hiding her face in her hands. Taeyang laughed at her cuteness and pulled her into his arms, kissing her temple.

“Thank you so much Kiara, for not pushing me away again. I will protect you no matter what.” He sincerely said tightening the embrace. Jiwon relaxed and inhaled his alluring scent. Every time he called her ‘Kiara’, he sent an army of fluttering butterflies straight into her tummy. It will take a lot of time to get used to this feeling.

​​​​Jiyeon's Apartment 

Hours of crying and tons of make-up later, Jiyeon was soundly asleep in Kai's arms. He could not believe, he got her back. The way she molded into his embrace, her loving eyes, her beautiful smile, everything about her screamt home. His safety haven and heavenly abode. He’d thank all the gods up there multiple times for bringing Jiyeon back to him. Finally after 6 painfully long years, he felt complete again. He traced her sleeping face and left a soft kiss on her forehead. He closed his eyes and decided to sleep when his phone started to ring. He gently untangled himself from Jiyeon and went to answer the phone.

“Son, whatever you have scheduled for tonight, please cancel them. We have an important family meeting at 8pm in Hotel Scylla. Inform you brother too and please don’t be late. It is very important.” His Father told. He sounded really serious.

“Yes Dad, we’ll be there by eight. Don’t worry.” Kai reassured. His father ended the call with a small thanks.

Kai was quite perplexed with his father's request 'It is usually either me or Taeyang who attends the meetings. Why did he call both of us tonight?' he wondered and looked at the time. It was already half past five. He cursed and immediately dialed Taeyang's number hoping he was in town.

Taeyang picked after a few rings. "What made you call now Hyung? I'm a bit busy." he said. Kai rolled his eyes.

"No matter how busy you are dad wants us both in Scylla by 8. So whatever you're doing, make sure you get your here on time."

"Hyung you should've called me earlier! I'm at the lake right now" Taeyang got scared. He knows he'd be in deep trouble if he gets late.

"Oh God! Just rush back to my place now, I'll get your outfit and you can get changed here so we'd save time and since my place is nearer to the hotel, we can reach on time." Kai suggested. "Perfect. Thank you so much Hyung. I'll be there in an hour and a half." Taeyang ended the call.

Kai went back to the bedroom to find a groggy Jiyeon. She always was a light sleeper, so must've woken up when he was talking on phone. "Jongin, is everything okay? You sounded tense. " she enquired. Kai went to her and pecked her cheek. "Nothing to worry baby, Dad wants me and Taeyang to attend an important meeting tonight at 8. So I'll have to leave now." he said while putting his clothes on. Jiyeon nodded and yawned. "Go back to sleep Ji, you did a pretty intense workout." he smirked earning a hit from her pillow. He laughed out loud and gave her a goodbye kiss before he left.

Taeyang looked extremely agitated after the call. "What was that call about Tae? you look really worried." Jiwon enquired. "Dad wants me and my brother to attend an important meeting tonight at 8. We should leave right now so that I can make it in time." he sighed. "Then what are you waiting for, let's leave right away! " Jiwon said and started to put all the trash into a paper bag. Taeyang helped her and soon they were racing down the highway.

"By the way, you never told me about your brother. What does he do? Looks after your family business? " Jiwon asked curiously. Taeyang chuckled and shook his head. "He's Kai." he replied. Jiwon nodded and then realized what he said. "Kai? As in 'The' Kai? Exo's main dancer?" she asked, her eyes wide. He nodded, clearly enjoying her reaction.

She gasped and suddenly narrowed her eyes "Wait, if he's Kai, then he is Jongin. That means he.. "

"Yes, He is the same who broke your sister's heart and before you go Rambo on me, it was all a misunderstanding." He continued with the entire story of what happened. "Oohh! That's actually very tragic. But its a good thing that they met again. I hope they'll resolve their differences. I'll try talking to Yeon if that'll help too." Jiwon said unbeknownst of happenings in Jiyeon's apartment.

They reached the hospital in over an hour. Both of them reluctantly bid their goodbyes and headed their way. Jiwon drove to her apartment with her nerves on fire, dancing with energy. She was humming as she unlocked her apartment door and got shocked to see two people sitting in her living room.

"Someone looks excited" chirped Jiyeon. "Someone actually had a good date" winked Yonghwa. Jiwon blushed and both of them burst in laughter.

"But what are you guys doing here? And why are you dressed up?" Jiwon enquired. Yonghwa wore a blue blazer and dress pants while Jiyeon was dressed in a cape sleeved sheath dress with hair pulled back in an elegant low ponytail. Jiwon thought hard if there was any dinner meet tonight that she forgot about .

"We are going to meet Gramps tonight. Oppa, I and you don't have any schedule tonight, so we can go see him. You never know when he'll leave again." said Jiyeon. Jiwon nodded "Gimme 15 minutes, I'll get changed." she said heading towards her room. She took a quick shower and put on a burgundy off shoulder, A line dress and black pumps. She accessorized with a rose gold Swarovski necklace and bracelet. She finished her look with minimal make up and a side french braid. She got back to the living room, “Done guys, let’s go.” She said. The trio then headed towards their family house to meet their grandfather.

Jung Sang Hyuk , chairman of Godae group of hospitals and also one of the former presidents of South Korea was entertaining his guests along with his sons and their wives as his butler announced the arrival of his grandkids. With a booming laughter, he said “They do have an impeccable sense of timing. them here right away.” The butler bowed and left.

Few moments later, the door opened to three extremely good looking people with jubilant expressions. “Gramps!” they called out in unison and hugged the said man. Despite being very strict, he was also the sweetest grandparent. He made sure that his grandkids grew up with the right morals despite getting whatever they wanted. He’s proud of how successful yet down to earth they are now. Looking at his beautiful granddaughters, ‘All that is left now is to get them their prince charming and that would be accomplished soon’ he thought.

“How are you kids?” he enquired. “We’re good Gramps.” The trio replied. “Now where are my manners, meet our guests, the head of Kimsan group of companies Mr. Kim Jisung and their family.” He motioned towards the said guests. The three of them then realized that there were some guests with them and bowed in their direction.

“Jisung, meet my grandkids Jung Yonghwa, the oldest, Jung Jiyeon and Jung Jiwon the youngest.” He introduced with a proud smile. The girls finally let their eyes skim over their guests and got shocked when their eyes met with an equally perplexed pair. They just couldn’t believe what they were seeing. Mr. Kim’s voice got them out of their stupor.

“Meet my wife Lee Bo Young and my sons Kim Jongin and Kim Taeyang.” He introduced his family. The sisters could only robotically smile.

“Now that all the kids are here, why don’t we make the announcement Father?” Jiwon’s father asked her grandpa. “Yes yes, you’re right Yunho. Shall we Jisung?” he asked . “Yes uncle. Let’s announce” Mr. Kim nodded. All the five youngsters grew apprehensive about the announcement elders were about to make. They all held their breaths as Grandpa stood up clearing his throat.

“Kids, we decided to join our families. Therefore we arranged the matrimony of Jiyeon with Jongin and Jiwon with Taeyang. I hope you have no objections” He announced. The adults cheered but there was pin drop silence amongst the young.

The respective pairs, finally found each others eyes and as the shock wore off, their lips curved into a radiant smile.

What are the odds of meeting an unrelated stranger only to end up as soulmates. There are some destined meetings meant to happen that would end up changing the lives for good. Some might have happy endings while some, sad. But each one is a memory to be cherished and a lesson to be learnt. That is why this magical encounter is called Serendipity.

The beauty of Serendipity is that, it strikes you when you least expect it and takes you on an exhilarating ride. As you completely lose yourself in it, you understand the meaning of life. And this what these four youngsters’ story is about. A beautiful Serendipity.