The Collision

Serendipity

“I've already put him on NPO and informed the anesthetist, you can take him for surgery in an hour sir. And for the bed number 12, the drain started to clear out, sutures are fine and the vitals are stable…” you can see a girl looking extremely worn out and running around the airport juggling with her luggage and a very important phone call.

She finally found a group of agitated people and ran towards them. Before they could start cursing her, she shushed them, pointing towards her phone. They helped her with the luggage and ran towards the boarding gate that was about to close.

“Thank God that’s a close call" sighed a tall girl with shoulder length black hair and a pair of glasses. The rest couldn’t have agreed more.

“Yes sir, that’s all. I'm boarding now and I shall check up on the other patients once I land. Good day sir" finally, our worn out girl hung up and the rest gave her a disapproving look. She smiled sheepishly “Guys I'm super sorry, you do know that my senior is an right?” She tried to reason. They all sighed and gave her a reassuring hug which the girl needed badly.

“So girls, now I want all your phones off for the next five days, for we are going to go insane and enjoy my last days as a maiden!” exclaimed the tallest one with fair skin and dark brown hair cascading till the midst of her back. “Yeah!” the rest cheered and boarded their flight to Bali, leaving their barely breathable lifestyles behind.

It was exactly 2 weeks ago when a really ecstatic Chaeyoung called the other 4 ladies informing them that they were going to become bridesmaids. They were all shocked out of their wits. The five of them have been the best of friends since their elementary.

The oldest yet the troublemaker is Hyunah, now the badass chief auditor of a huge auditing company. The next is the sarcastic and savage Jiyeon, now a dental surgeon. Then their 4th dimensional and soft spoken Seri, now a Gynecologist. Next, the now worn out but extremely witty Jiwon aka Kiara, an Anglo-Korean and Cardiothoracic Surgery fellow, also Jiyeon’s cousin and lastly, the youngest and modest Chaeyoung, an expert horticulturist and young entrepreneur in the organic farming business. One can say these five best friends are a bunch of overachievers, 26, extremely successful and self sufficient.

The news of Chaeyoung’s wedding was a hard slap to reality. It was an arranged marriage, and being born into chaebol families, it was the price they had to pay for the independence and career they sought. And now that Chaeyoung is down, they knew their time is almost up. This is one reason why they decided to go all out for this bachelorette party, enjoy their numbered days of solitude. They’ve planned it impeccably and took a week off from their busy schedules.

Jiwon’s was the worst. Despite being very intelligent, she studied her off to become one of the best surgeons. And due to this, her schedule was so packed that she rarely had time to eat or sleep well. Jiyeon and Seri worked at the same hospital as her and always made sure that she didn’t succumb to her work load.

Jiwon was the last one to be part of their group. They were all together since elementary while they met Jiwon during their middle school. Newly transferred to Seoul international school from London, she immediately clicked with these bunch of goofballs. “Kia” they fondly called her. And since then, there was no looking back. Despite studying in different universities they still are inseparable and as they say 'Their friendship is too thick to be broken.'

It was almost sundown by the time they touched down in Bali. They all felt energized after the long flight, for they finally caught up with the sleep that was long due. As soon as they exited the terminal, they were escorted to the resort, that would be their haven for the next few days.

The trip through the endless palm trees and shimmering waters relaxed their souls. It was twilight by the time they reached the resort. Before they departed to their rooms, Chaeyoung caught their attention.

“Girls we are meeting in the lobby at sharp 8 as we have a reservation at 9 in the famous La Siento club.” The rest gasped. Chaeyoung continued with a proud grin “Please don’t be late".

“You are one sneaky little kitten Chae!” exclaimed Hyunah and the rest couldn’t have agreed more.

“And Kia baby, you badly need a trip to the spa.” commented Seri. Jiwon nodded as she knew her lifeless tresses and haggard face needed some serious pampering session. “I shall accompany Kia to the spa, while you girls unpack and start dressing up.” said Jiyeon. The others nodded and rushed to their rooms, while Jiwon and Jiyeon headed towards the spa.

As promised, the girls gathered in the lobby by 8 looking extremely stunning. Hyunah wore a dark red strapless bodycon dress that ended mid thigh and left her shoulder length hair straight and sleek. Jiyeon wore dark skinny jeans with a dark floral bralette and kept her long tousled hair in a half bun. Seri put on a dark blue skater dress with halter neck and left her mid-length hair down in loose curls. Chaeyoung went with a two piece off white peplum dress, pinned her hair back in two messy French braids and curled the ends.

“God I’m so gifting Kia a huge watch! How does she manage to be late every single time.” exclaimed Seri. Chaeyoung huffed and started to call Jiwon. “Guys give her a minute, you’ll understand.” Jiyeon said with a knowing smile.

The girls started to get restless when the elevator  doors opened to a stumbling Jiwon. “Lord, I cannot imagine I actually forgot walking in heels." Jiwon walked towards the stupefied girls.

Jiwon wore a black, full sleeved bodycon dress with a wide and deep neckline that brought out her beautiful collar bones. It ended mid thigh fitting her like a glove. She paired it up with black strappy heels. What stood out was her hair. The previously messy mop turned into an immaculately cut layers with two streaks of crimson framing her perfectly. She finished the look with her signature smoky eyes and lip gloss.

“You look..” Chaeyoung stuttered “Terrifically y" Hyunah finished. Jiwon started to blush at her friends’ actions. Jiyeon had a proud smile “See! I told you guys it’s totally worth waiting.” Jiwon started to blush deeper and playfully hit Jiyeon. “Now let’s not be late for our reservation.” Jiwon ushered the girls to their waiting limousine.

La Siento, one of the most popular, posh and happening club in Bali, requires a minimum of three month wait to get a reservation for an hour. Chaeyoung really pulled some strings to get them a reservation for the entire night in such a short time.

As the girls entered the club, adrenaline started to pump in their blood. Their table was in the corner, away from the loud dancefloor and a peaceful spot to unwind their stress. They ordered their drinks and finger food and started to catch up with each other’s life.

Once the drinks started to loosen them up, Jiwon and Hyunah got up from their spot smirking. They winked at the other girls, downing another shot and strutted towards the dancefloor. The others started to grin like Cheshire cats knowing about the scene that is going to unfold.

Both Jiwon and Hyunah are amazing dancers and especially loved flaunting that fact and challenging others. They’ve seen so many guys dancing with them only to get embarrassed in the end for not keeping up with their moves. And tonight, they’re out for blood as their last outing was 4 years ago. As the girls started their magic, the others couldn’t help but be enthralled by their heavenly presence and impeccable moves.

In the other corner of the room two godly men sat, unwinding their stress from their painfully hectic schedule, away from the public eye.

“Hyung, do you think they’ll catch up?”, a guy with extremely captivating eyes and a very sharp jawline asked the other one in annoyance.

“Don’t worry they’ll think we are in the dance studio for another couple of hours and we can sneak back in safely" assured the tan guy with perfectly chiseled features and plump lips.

For the rest of the world, they are the godly duo, Kai and Yoo Taeyang, kings of dancing and extremely successful K-pop idols. But in reality they are the only sons of Kimsan group of companies, a giant in the world economy. This fact has been kept a secret from everyone as they wanted to pursue their passion - dancing.

The duo caught up to the commotion that was happening on the dance floor. They walked to the dance floor to see two beautiful and confident girls challenging the men and winning the dance battle immaculately. They looked at each other with knowing smirks and went to their booth to get their masks. They’re up for some sweet challenge.

The girls came back to their booth only to chug down a couple of shots. “Girls, you already had a lot.” Seri tried stopping them.

“Oh please Se, I still have a lot left" Hyunah slurred and downed her drink. She went back to the dancefloor before they could stop her. Jiwon followed her suit, “Kia, please..” Jiyeon tried stopping her cousin, but she gave her puppy dog eyes and a smile and went back to the floor. Jiyeon sighed looking at her almost wasted cousin. That girl overdoes everything, be it work or fun. All she can do now is keep an eye on them, especially Hyunah, the troublemaker.

The girls were back in their element, when two guys, with what looked like batman masks, came up to them for a challenge. Jiwon’s opponent towered over her petite body dressed up in a black dress shirt with the first two buttons undone and tucked in black slacks. He had broad shoulders and lean yet muscular body. Despite his face being half covered, she could tell he was a looker. But there was this nagging feeling in her head saying she knows him. She pushed it away and smiled at him followed by a bow.

Taeyang was taken aback. Albeit being petite, his opponent had the body of a vixen. But what drew him in was her smile and demeanor. Despite the alcohol, her eyes were shining bright, screaming innocence while her small bow threw away his notion of her being a spoilt child. He let his lips curl up and bowed back.

The music changed to jazz and his smile grew further. “May I?” he asked holding out his hand. She looked into his eyes and with a small nod, gave him her hand. He pulled her to him, resting his hands on her waist while she gently placed hers on his shoulders. He loved how perfectly she fit in his arms and his heart started to pound seeing her blush.

Jiwon was surprised by their sudden proximity but started to melt in the warmth he exuded. She could feel the blush creeping up and her heart going erratic. She looked into his abyss of an eyes again, losing herself in them and started to sway with the music.

What started as a gentle swaying soon began to fasten into a powerful dance. He twirled and turned her around, sweeping her feet off the ground. She kept up with equal vigor and grace enthralling the onlookers with their heavenly chemistry and fluidity looking ethereal.

In contrast to Taeyang and Jiwon's graceful and gentle synchrony, Kai and Hyunah were exuding power and strength. Their dance screamed dominance with neither of them stepping down.

The other girls were proud of their friends, but Jiyeon felt something off. Hyunah's partner felt familiar, though his face is covered, his dance and stance were familiar. She just couldn’t make out who that person was, so she focused on them.

Both the pairs danced through three numbers straight without a break. Taeyang finally ended their dance with a dip and rest of the club broke in a thunderous applause. Clubbers poured onto the dancefloor applauding them while they started to go crazy, dancing.

Taeyang and Jiwon were still in their own bubble panting with their hormones all over the place. He pulled her up from the dip flush against his hard body, encircling his hands around her waist. She ended up tip toeing with her hands around his neck.

The close proximity aroused them all the more. Taeyang couldn’t stop looking at her parted lips and flushed face. Her soft body against his, further clouded his judgement and he felt a strong desire to taste her lips. He slightly brushed his lips against hers sending a shiver down both their spines. Jiwon took a sharp breath at the contact and closed her eyes, laying herself vulnerable to him.

Taeyang with his limited senses, immediately took her hand and slipped from the crowd. He led her to the nearby empty ladies room and locked the door. He pulled her into his arms and looked into her eyes. A slightest sign of resistance and he wouldn’t go any further. But all he found was her innocence and longing for him. It broke all the self restraint he had and he took her alluring lips with his equally sinful ones.

It was an explosion of fireworks for Jiwon. She thought all the novels she read were exaggerating but now she couldn’t agree more.

Taeyang had a hand around her waist and the other was cupping her face. Jiwon held on to his shoulders snaking one hand to the nape of his neck. His lips started to move, drinking in her soft pillows gently and slowly, waiting for her to let him into her sweet cavern.

His hand on her cheek started to trace along her neck eliciting a sinful moan from her giving him his entrance. Her legs started to buckle when he started to explore with his eager one. He instantly held her tight before her legs gave away. He lifted her off the ground and sat her on the sink top. Both of them were breathless from the kiss, and leant their foreheads against each other and eyes closed.

“You know,” Jiwon broke the silence “this was my first.” she whispered looking down and blushing madly. This piece of information shook Taeyang. He didn’t know if he should celebrate or feel guilty.

He cupped her face and made her look at him. “Do you regret it?” he sincerely asked. She looked into his gentle eyes and bit her lip, shaking her head.

Taeyang left the breath, he was holding. He felt victorious as if he had won a huge war. He had a huge grin and wasted no time in capturing her lips again. Jiwon melted like butter in his arms and kissed him back with the same vigor.

This kiss wasn’t slow and gentle like the previous one. It was filled with all their raging feelings and emotions. It was hot and thunderous. They kissed till they grew breathless and Taeyang started to pepper kisses on her face, along her jaw and descended down to her neck. Jiwon let out a moan as his lips touched her neck sending a shudder down his spine. He started to nibble on her neck and collar bone as she started to float in ecstasy, lacing her hands through his soft hair. His hands began to roam over her body tracing her curves and driving them both over the edge.

He pulled his head back admiring his handiwork on her neck and collarbones. Jiwon looked radiant with her eyes half lidded, swollen lips and messy hair. She was waking up all his carnal desires and pulling him in like a powerful magnet. She opened her eyes and smiled at him. The same pure smile that made his heart pound, the salvation that he finally found.

He brushed her lips with his fingers and gave her a chaste kiss on her forehead. He hugged her sighing deeply, taking in her calming scent while she basked in his warmth. She broke the hug as she took his presence in.

She traced his exposed collar bone and kissed the cute little mole on it while he took in a sharp breath and started to draw circles over her exposed back. She traced his neck and jawline with her feathery kisses as he found the zipper of her dress. She traced his mask and slowly removed it as he started to slide her zipper down.

She gasped as the mask fell. She knew him. She gushed over him since she first saw him on the screen. She absolutely adored him. He was her only distraction from the hectic world. As the realization fell upon, her mind cleared up. “Taeyang” she whispered.

Hearing his name from stopped Taeyang from sliding her zipper further down. He looked at her shocked face as she realized who he was. Before any of them would break their silence, they was a loud bang on the door.

“Kia, are you in there?” a very distraught Chaeyoung shouted. Jiwon immediately collected herself as reality dawned upon her. She held herself from spilling tears as she pushed Taeyang away. She slid from the sink top and ran to the door, opening it. She saw her worried friend.

Chaeyoung was frantically searching for Jiwon. Whatever happened on the dancefloor was already a handful. To top it off, Hyunah is wasted and Jiyeon is shaken. And suddenly they lost Jiwon. They couldn’t find her. She told Seri to look after the other two and began searching for Jiwon. “Kia" she shouted for her, going through different places. As she finally reached the ladies room far down the hallway, she tried going inside to look for her friend, but it was locked. It all the more got her scared. She immediately banged the door as hard as she could and hollered “Kia, are you in there?” she immediately heard some shuffling inside and the door opened to reveal a deshelved Jiwon.

But what caught her attention was the look in her eyes. ‘Kia is hurt' she thought and immediately hugged her friend. In the ladies room, she saw a shocked man, probably the one who Kia danced with and hurt her. She gave him a nasty look before she walked away with Jiwon in her arms.

It took exactly ten steps, for Jiwon to start crumbling. “Shh..it’s alright baby” she soothed her friend, rubbing her back. That is when she realized that Jiwon’s zipper was down and immediately pulled it up. “That son of a ..” she started to get angry when Jiwon weakly stopped her. “It isn’t his fault, I lost it.” She weekly choked out. “Oh poor girl, let’s just get you out of here.” Chaeyoung soothed her and took her to the rest of her friends.

Jiyeon came out of her shock seeing a distraught Jiwon. “What happened?” she questioned, her anger flaring up. Chaeyoung gave a look to Seri and said “Let’s get back to the rooms first” in an ultimatum. Seri immediately nudged Jiyeon to help her with Hyunah while they left the club.

It took a while for Taeyang to come back to reality. He realized that the girl was gone. He remembered the hurt he saw in her eyes when she realized who he was and it pained him a lot. He had to talk to her. He wanted to tell her how he actually felt and take away all her insecurities. Despite meeting her for the first time, he wanted to be her man.

He ran back to the dancefloor and searched for her. He checked in all the booths, but he couldn’t find her and this irked him a lot. He wanted to pull out his hair realizing that he doesn’t even know her name. All he can recall is her friend calling her Kia. Frustrated he went back to his booth to see Kai dangerously downing alcohol.

“God! What happened to you while I was away hyung?” he questioned and took away the drink from Kai's hand. Kai looked at his brother and said one word, dropping Taeyang’s heart. “Jiyeon”.

“” Taeyang cursed. “Hyung let’s go to the room first. We'll talk there.” He supported Kai in getting up. He paid for them and left for their hotel.

As the girls reached their rooms, they dressed Hyunah in comfortable clothes and let her sleep. They huddled up together in Jiwon’s room as she was a mess. They sent her in for a shower first as they all changed their clothes. They made Jiwon sit on the bed beside Chaeyoung and Seri with Jiyeon sat opposite them. Chaeyoung had a protective hand on Jiwon’s back as she told them what happened. They all sighed in relief as nothing worse happened.

“If you liked it and he was gentle, why are you sad Kia?” Seri asked. Jiwon took in a deep breath and answered “I’m sad because I liked it too much. Too much that my heart fell for him but he is an idol. Even if things somehow worked out, our parents wouldn’t accept. You do know that we negotiated our marriage for our careers. I wish it would work out but when the reality is right in front, you cannot do anything but accept.” tears slid from her eyes. The rest engulfed her in a group hug.

“And that is why darling I got you vanilla ice-cream!” Seri gave her a tub of ice-cream. Jiwon’s face immediately lit up “This is why I love you guys.” she said and started digging through the tub. They all took a deep breath of relief. ‘It was a very eventful day’ they thought and left for their rooms once they made sure that Jiwon slept.

Jiyeon came back to her room, switched off the lights and laid on her bed. She closed her eyes as she replayed what happened earlier.

Jiyeon closely observed as Hyunah and the masked man danced together. She let the nagging feeling go and watched their amazing moves. They finally ended with a powerful move and the rest started to applaud. As the crowd started to form around them, Jiyeon lost sight of Hyunah. She immediately got up and rushed towards the dance floor. What she saw blew her temper off.

The masked man had his hands around Hyunah’s waist and was leaning in for a kiss. Jiyeon immediately pulled Hyunah back and slapped the guy. “I’ll skin you alive if you touch my friend.” She seethed.

He had a hand on his cheek and looked at Jiyeon in shock. “Ji” he whispered. Jiyeon was taken aback. There was only one person who called her Ji.

As the man took off his mask, she managed to choke out “Jongin”. The rest was a blur to her. Jongin's face kept playing in her mind. ‘Why?’ she thought. ‘After all this time, why again Jongin?’ she thought as she cried herself to sleep.

Kai and Taeyang reached their rooms uneventfully. Taeyang looked his brother and sighed. “Hyung don’t think much about it. Everything will fall in place. Just take some rest.” He said. He gave Kai a brotherly hug before he left the room.

Kai’s hand started to trace his now swollen cheek. ‘After all these years, she’s still as feisty as she was.’ He chuckled. “Ji” he whispered. ‘How can I forget my first love?’ he thought. That too when she appeared before him after 6 long years. A lone tear escaped his eyes.

​6 years ago, Harvard University 

Jiyeon was running down her dorm stairs as she was getting late for her exam. As she got down, she spotted Kai waiting for her in the car. “Hurry up Ji or you’ll be late.” He urged her. Jiyeon immediately got into the car and strapped herself. Kai zoomed through the campus reaching the dental block in five minutes.

Jiyeon got out and stopped at Kai’s window, “Thank you so much Jongin.” She said and kissed him on his lips before she ran to her exam hall. Kai smiled and hollered “Good luck Ji!” before he sped away.

Kai and Jiyeon met two years ago at a common friend’s party. Jiyeon was a Dental freshman, while Kai was a Business management senior. Kai instantly got captivated by her aloof yet kind, sarcastic yet soft nature. It took nearly eight months of courting for Kai to start dating Jiyeon. Their relationship grew all the more stronger with time. Despite Kai getting busy with his final semesters and Jiyeon with her clinicals, they still spent time together whenever they could. They were the ‘it’ couple of their university.

Kai started to pursue his dream of dancing and passed the auditions. He was set to debut in an idol group later that year. Therefore he decided to finish his final semester 2 months early so that he could prepare for his debut. Jiyeon was a mess when she got to know this first, but being a mature girl, she understood and supported Kai in his decision. She has her last exam today after which they planned a farewell party for Kai. And for rest of the week Kai and Jiyeon are scheduled to go on a vacation to spend the rest of his time in the U.S. together.

After the exam, Jiyeon reached the party house and started to decorate along with her and Kai's friends. She even baked a surprise cake for him and put it in the refrigerator. Once she was done with all the party preparation, she went back to her dorm to change. Kai came at 9pm sharp to pick her up.

As she got into the car, Kai whispered “Is it me or do you look much more beautiful tonight” in her ear sending a shiver down her spine. She ended up blushing and playfully punched his bicep. Kai chuckled and drove her to the party.

The party was in a full swing. Despite Jiyeon’s displeasure, Kai’s friends ended up getting a lot of booze. And by midnight almost everyone was high. The speakers blasted music while people were dancing and started to get rowdy.

Jiyeon searched for Kai, to surprise him with the cake she made but she couldn’t find him anywhere. She asked his friends, but they didn’t know his whereabouts either. She was going through the rooms when one of her friends came running towards her. She had a pained expression. “ Jiyeon, I think you have to go to the pool side right now.” she urged. And before she left, she murmured “I'm sorry”. Jiyeon immediately rushed towards the poolside as she was told.

What she saw made her heart drop. Tears started to pool and she dropped the glass of punch she was holding. Kai was making out with another girl.

The shattering of glass made Kai pull out and look up. He saw a distraught Jiyeon. That is when he realized he was making out with another girl and not Jiyeon. He couldn’t comprehend what was going on. Jiyeon shook her head and ran away sobbing. He ran after her to explain the misunderstanding. She was already in the driveway when he caught up with her.

“Ji please listen to me. It is a misunderstanding” he pleaded. She turned around.

“Do you think I’m dumb Jongin?” she shot. “I could clearly see and understand what was going on. I'm not a kid. And now you say misunderstanding? Well for someone who was misunderstood, you were enjoying out there.” She started to cry harder.

It pained him a lot to see her cry and he reached out to her. She immediately pulled back as if she was burned by his touch. “Don’t touch me. You lost your right to do so" she warned.

“Ji baby, I’m sorry. Please listen to me just once.” He pleaded her but she shook her head and moved away.

“Wasn’t I enough Jongin?” she sobbed. That sentence stung Kai a million times and he started to tear up. “Ji..” he started.

“No Jongin, I don’t want to hear any of your stories. And if you want me to stay sane, please don’t find me.” She said and ran away. Those words shattered Jongin’s heart. It burned him down to see Jiyeon running away. He genuinely loved her with all his heart.

He went to her dorm next day, only to find it empty. Jiyeon really left him alone and ran away. What she didn’t realize was that, she took away his heart with her.

Since that day, both of them forgot what love is. Kai turned into a workaholic while Jiyeon locked her heart away.

Present day, Bali

The sun was shining down and the sea breeze blew in ruffling the curtains. Jiwon started to squint and finally woke up. Since it was dark yesterday, she couldn’t appreciate the view from her room. Now that the soft morning glow illuminated the place, she realized how breathtaking it was.

She ran to the balcony and took a deep breath closing her eyes. “What a beautiful morning.” she smiled and swayed with the breeze, losing herself in the soft sounds of waves.

She was brought back from her reverie with a knock on her door. She opened the door to a dressed up Seri. “Morning princess.” She chirped and got into the room. Jiwon closed the door and followed her back to the couch. “Why are you dressed up so early?” Jiwon asked. Seri chuckled “I ain’t early darls but you are late.” She said motioning to her watch. Jiwon immediately looked at her phone and her eyes widened. “Oopsie!” she exclaimed and ran into the bathroom.

20 minutes later both the friends went to the breakfast parlor. They were greeted by the rest and started to have breakfast.

“God, my head feels terrible.” groaned Hyunah.

“Serves you right, we did stop you, but someone wanted to go all out.” deadpanned Chaeyoung.

“Next time please feel free to kick me if I don’t stop.” Hyunah said massaging her temples.

Jiwon chuckled and gave her a painkiller that she always carried. “Thanks man.” Hyunah said as she took the medicine.

“So what is today’s plan?” Seri voiced. “After the breakfast, we are going to go site seeing to Ubud and we also have a lunch reservation at the Locavore which the best in Bali. Next we'll do a lot of shopping and a little more sight seeing. Then we'll have dinner wherever we feel like and return to the resort for the late night bonfire party.” Chaeyoung finished.

“What about the beach?” whined Seri. “Tomorrow is the beach day babes. We’ll turn into mermaids if we can, but today we have sight seeing to do.” Chaeyoung replied. The rest happily nodded and finished their breakfast.

Bali was truly breathtaking as the five-some went through taking in the nature's nest. Serene forests, waterfalls, rice fields, everything was a beauty. As planned they, went through different places, and the lunch ended up being exceptionally good. They continued with their shopping and when they finally reached the resort, they were totally wasted. They went back to their rooms and took a relaxing hot bath, relieving their tired muscles. They dressed up in light and flowy dresses and headed towards the bonfire party.

They enjoyed the local music and engaged themselves in the nightly affair. Jiwon saw Jiyeon sitting near the bonfire looking forlorn. Throughout the day she felt Jiyeon not being herself and went to her cousin to find out what was wrong.

She placed a hand on Jiyeon’s shoulder and called out “Yeonie”. Jiyeon jerked at the sudden contact and calmed down after seeing Jiwon. “Kia.” she nodded. Jiwon sat down beside her cousin. “What happened Yeon? You haven’t been yourself the entire day. You looked lost. And don’t you dare lie as I know you really well.” she asked.

Jiyeon took a deep breath “Jongin. I saw him at the club yesterday.” She began explaining the previous night’s events. “I’m scared that I might bump into him again. I don’t know what to do Kia. I’m still hurting and seeing him in almost the same situation as 6 years ago, opened up the wounds I barely managed to close.” She wiped the tear that escaped.

Jiwon hugged her and started to soothe her. “I know you loved him a lot and still do so but it’s time you stopped running away and actually heard him out. Bottling up like this isn’t healthy. You need a clean ending as these ragged edges will always keep hurting you.” She said. “And don’t worry, we are always there to catch if you fall.” She kissed her sister’s temple. She knew how much Jiyeon loved this Jongin guy and how much he affected her sister. Jiyeon sighed ‘She's right. I should stop running away.’ She thought.

The girls were up and energized the next morning for their beach day. Jiyeon and Chaeyoung wore sundresses over their bikinis while the other three wore shorts and flimsy shrugs. They left their hair open in beach waves, finishing the look with sunglasses and straw hats and left for the beach.

On the other side, Kai and Taeyang were scheduled to shoot their music video. Both the brothers were in deep thought as their manger came to inform them about their schedule. “Kai and Taeyang, we have today’s shoot at the beaches near Canggu and will leave in another 10 minutes.” The duo nodded in response and got up.

It took an hour for the girls to reach the breathtaking sea shore. They immediately stripped down to their bikinis and ran towards the water. They splashed and played around trying dunk each other. They eventually got tired and came back to the shore to lay themselves down on the sand and relaxed, basking in the sun.

They started to feel hungry after a while, so they put their clothes on and decided to explore the beach in search of food. They walked for a while and finally found a restaurant.

They went in and ordered food while trying to distract Chaeyoung who was now, on phone with her fiancé. His name is Park Chanyeol, a Korean diplomat and grandson of their country’s former president. According to Chaeyoung, he is a very sweet and caring person and she just felt complete with him.

“Yeah, we are having a great time..” she said blushing. “Oh god Chae, are you perhaps unwell? Your face is reddening.” Said Hyunah dramatically, eliciting a round of laughter from the rest and a stink eye from Chaeyoung.

Chanyeol must’ve heard and said something that made her blush even more if possible. “I will. And you too.” Chaeyoung ended the call with a smile.

“Guys you are so embarrassing.” She chided them. They burst into another fit of laughter. “Aww sweetie, we never knew you'd show us all the different shades of red on your face.” Jiwon said in between her giggles. “Not you too Kia!” Chaeyoung buried her blushing face in her hands.

After successfully finishing the day’s shoot, Kai and Taeyang along with their manager and director went to a beach side restaurant for lunch. They were almost done eating when they heard a commotion behind them. Apparently a bunch of girls, seated right behind their table were having fun teasing one of their friend.

“They seem to be Koreans too and I must say are extremely y.” The director commented staring at the girls. The brothers couldn’t care much and didn’t bother to turn around either. They were sick of the director’s sleazy behavior. “I guess we are finished here, why don’t you both head back to the next location first? We’ll pay here and will join you.” Kai said in an ultimatum. Taeyang gave a knowing look to the manager who immediately rose and escorted the director away.

Both the brothers’ took a deep relieving breath leaning into their seats. Suddenly a very subtle peachy vanilla scent clouded Taeyang’s senses. This particular scent is etched in his memory for it was the same scent that drove him mad and left him yearning. How can he forget the reason for his heart's erratic dance. He straightened up and his ears perked as he heard ‘Kia’, further confirming his suspicions. It really is her and he couldn’t have been more happier.

Kai was about to get up when his brother suddenly stopped him. He looked questioningly at Taeyang. “Hyung, I’ll explain everything later, but for now please don’t move.” he pleaded. Kai was actually shocked at his brother’s request and the look of desperation he had on his face. He slowly nodded, smirking, making Taeyang blush.

Oblivious to the happenings behind them, the girls were eating and casually chatting. Suddenly Jiwon's phone rang. She saw the caller’s name and made an apologetic face. The girls sighed understanding that it was from the hospital.

“Kiara, I’m confiscating you phone, if this goes on.” warned Hyunah. “I’m really sorry, I’ll wrap it up today. Pinky promise!” Jiwon said as she picked up her phone. Taeyang smiled as he heard them. ‘Kiara, what a pretty name.’ he thought.

“Yes, this is Dr.Jiwon. Listen, I’ve already transferred all my old cases to Dr.Seunghyub, so he’ll be looking after them, while the new cases are to be handled by Professor Yonghwa. I'm on a week long break, so please refrain from calling me. You can talk to either of them about the patients.” Jiwon sternly said and hung up.

The girls were all silent and slowly broke into an applause. “Wow Kia, you actually refused a call from the hospital. I’m impressed.” voiced Seri and the rest nodded. “Well, I myself am super shocked, so yeah..” Jiwon mused.

“Why don’t you just shift to a relatively less busier hospital Kia? You’ve worked your off all these years and you do deserve some peace.” Hyunah said concerned about her friend.

“But Godae is technically her family and she actually cannot just leave it.” added Chaeyoung.

“At least reveal who you actually are, so that they’d stop dumping all the cases on you.” Seri voiced.

“That is basically asking for more trouble. They’d stop seeing me for who I am and I’ll be branded as another product of nepotism. I really don’t want that happening. I’ll reveal when I become much more competent.” sighed Jiwon.

“Yeah, if a John Hopkins gold medal, surgery masters from Royal college and now training for a double board in Cardio thoracic surgery isn’t competent enough, I don’t know what is! But again it’s your decision to reveal, so no pressure. But the work load is a serious issue and I am talking to Yong Oppa about it.” Jiyeon said in finality. Jiwon just sighed and nodded.

Taeyang just couldn’t believe his luck. Of all the million females in the world, what were the odds of meeting the same girl again and to get to know of the ways to find her again. It was as if the universe wanted to get them together. ‘Kiara.. Dr. Jiwon, surgeon at Godae hospital.’ He grinned.

“Hyung, let’s go.” he nudged Kai. Kai took his air pods off, nodding, he stood up making his chair move backwards colliding with another one behind him. The other person got startled by the sudden impact and turned around.

Kai began to apologize but stopped mid way seeing the person. His eyes widened and could feel his heart going mad as he took in her presence. Her hair had gotten longer, and her features looked much sharper and defined. If the Jiyeon 6 years ago was a spring, the present her is fire, ready to burn anything down.

“Ji..” he managed to choke out.

Jiyeon was beyond shocked. She froze looking at Kai. She couldn’t see well at the club that night, but now she could make out how matured he looked. The boyish charm and playful glint are now replaced by sheer confidence and masculinity. But what caught Jiyeon were his eyes. Those once shining orbs lost their light. He looked very exhausted and worn out.

Jiwon followed her cousin’s gaze and her eyes widened seeing the man. She knew him as Jiyeon introduced him when she visited her at Harvard. “Holy !” she muttered. “Guys, wrap up.” She threw her friends a knowing and took Jiyeon’s hand, bolting off from there.

Kai was about to follow them, but Taeyang stopped him. “Trust me Hyung, you’ll be seeing her again real soon.” He said with a mischievous smile. Kai didn’t understand what his brother meant but decided to listen as Taeyang was the most level headed despite being younger. He just sighed.

“Yeon, just let it out.” As soon the words left Jiwon’s mouth, Jiyeon broke down. She couldn’t stop her tears anymore. Jiwon hugged her sister and started to sooth her as she cried her pain away.

“After all this time, why does he look unhappy Kia? I gave him the freedom he wanted. Why is he in pain when I was the one who got hurt? And why am I feeling pained seeing him like that? " Jiyeon bawled.

Jiwon couldn’t give answer. She just held her sister tight ‘What did you do Jongin! Next time I see you, I’ll slit your throat and suture it up without anesthesia, you douchebag!’ she cursed out in her head.

Jiyeon took a while to calm down and they both settled down on the sand, getting lost in their own thoughts as rest of the girls came to them, panting.

“Next time you decide to run away, please take your phones along. Do you have any idea how hard it was to find you both on this huge beach?” Seri chided.

“Sorry..” Jiwon pouted.

“Damn you look like a mess Yeon!” Chaeyoung hugged Jiyeon. They all huddled together in a hug, warming Jiyeon’s heart. Once they pulled out and sat down, Hyunah started “Hey Yeon, I’m really sorry for what happened in the club. I didn’t know he was Jongin.”, looking apologetic.

Jiyeon immediately spoke up. “It isn’t your fault Hyun, he was wrong and once a player, always a player. You seriously don’t have to apologize when he is a ert.”

Hyunah got confused and started to chuckle once she understood. “You totally misunderstood Jiyeon. With all that alcohol and the intense dance, I lost my cool and gave into my hormones. He was hot and I tried to kiss him while he resisted. I was actually forcing myself upon him when you broke us apart.” She hid her face in her hands.

The girls were shocked. Hell, shocked was an understatement to what they were feeling right now. Jiwon broke the silence first. “I know you are wild, but you’re turning out to be a dom, Hyun!” she said wriggling her eyebrows and the rest started to laugh with Hyunah groaning loudly.

“We’re actually thankful that you remember when you are drunk as hell Hyun.” Seri added after the laughter subsided and the rest nodded. Jiwon held Jiyeon’s hand and looked into her eyes tenderly. “I think you really should hear him out this time.” she added.

On the other side, the two brothers were strolling along the shore. Both of them had conflicting emotions raging inside. Taeyang was happy or more like triumphant while Kai was an agitated mess.

“Why did you stop me Tae?” he asked. Taeyang smiled. “I know where they work and we are surprising them after a week.” He answered. Kai couldn’t understand what his brother was saying.

“ What are you saying? How do you know where they work and hold on, what do you mean by ‘We' ?” he questioned.

Taeyang put on a sheepish smile with his hand on the nape of his neck. “While you were drowning in the ebbs of past, I had my own life changing moment.” He explained what happened that night and how strongly he felt about Jiwon. He also told how he managed to eavesdrop on the girls’ conversations to get the information he wanted.

Kai was baffled at his brother’s revelations. It took him a little while for all the information to sink after which he beamed at Taeyang. “You have no idea how proud I am of you, my little brother!” he pulled him into a bear hug. “Wait, you said her name is Kiara. Right?” Kai suddenly probed. Taeyang nodded “Yep, She called herself Jiwon, but I heard the girls calling her Kiara..” he mused.

“Right! I actually met her when I was with Jiyeon. They’re cousins. She apparently lived in London before moving to Korea and yeah, I remember, Jiwon is her Korean name.” he revealed and then added “The world’s really small.” Taeyang just nodded eagerly waiting for the week to finish.

The rest of the week went absolutely flawless for the girls. From enjoying the luxurious floating breakfast to trekking through beautiful landscapes, they had the time of their lives. With their spirits rejuvenated and souls satisfied, they left Bali with a new found vigor. But the two sisters had their minds preoccupied by a certain duo.

Jiwon clearly knew what she should do, but her heart couldn’t forget his gentle touch and warmth as she traced her lips that danced with his'. She shook her head, stopping herself before she went back to that night. ‘Focus Kiara, Taeyang was just a dream and it’s time to go back to the reality.’ She repeated as she locked her heart shut.

While Jiyeon couldn’t stop thinking about Kai and what happened in the past. She realized she should talk to him but doesn’t have clue on how to do so. Sighing she closed her eyes as the flight took off.