3: The Day Of Their Moments

365 Days of Break Up
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

#365DOBU's Theme Song: New United - Like That :)

 

-

 

Kim Hana took a sit on the bench under a tree nearer Performing Arts and Design department. She closes her eyes and sighs loudly, almost shouting as she feels so tired after walking around the buildings for 40 minutes, sticking the last pamphlet at Jongin and Sehun's faculty. The students there are more active in moving around, going back and forth to everywhere preparing for their booths for tomorrow onwards. Maybe because they are related in a field that requires so many movements that they are basically the hectic ones compared to other departments.

 

Hana jolted a bit at the sudden coldness on her right knee. She opens her eyes to glare at whomever disturbing her peace only to softly eyeing the culprit whom always making her dismisses all her stresses away. Baekhyun grins the boyish grin as he keeps on shaking the box of Mint Chocolate Chip ice-cream on her knee. Hana kicks his feet instead but still stealing the cold sweet from his grip.

 

"That's a reward. You've worked hard today. You went around the campus, went to every department to promote your debate."

 

Hana narrows her eyes at him while feeding herself a spoon of Mint Chocolate Chip. "How did you know?" Baekhyun smirks. "I got eyes all over the place, cupcake. We are still the most powerful couple in their eyes. So, when they saw you going around alone, somebody would post on the portal about your whereabouts and commenting where was I and so on. Thus, here I am."

 

Hana scoffs, "Geez. You sure we don't have Dispatch undercover as students in this campus? Why do I feel like we are bigger than Rain and Kim Taehee?" She rolls her eyes dramatically. Baekhyun just shrugging his shoulders, leaning back on the bench and closing his eyes. This kind of setting is one of his favourite. Sitting on a bench, with such moderate breeze slapping his face making him a bit sleepy, together with the love of his life—

 

No. Together with his ex. Baekhyun mentally laughs at himself. Seems like he keeps forgetting that they both have nothing to do with each other anymore, aside from as friends. He hears Hana humming happily beside him as she feeds herself another spoon of the ice-cream. "What are you doing here anyway? I thought you have gone home after the class ends." Hana speaks after a moment. Baekhyun sighs, "I have football training at 2 later. A team from other department challenge us for the Carnival this Wednesday."

 

"Can I come over?"

 

Baekhyun opens his eyes, looking at Hana in wonders. It's been so long since Hana agreed to visit him and watch him playing football with his team but he respected it as the girl was so busy with her assessments last semester. He always respecting Hana's passion to maintain her CGPA as the girl believes it would help her getting her dream job in the future. He knows how much Hana cares about her future plans though he is no longer a part of the list.

 

"What? Why are you looking at me like that?" Baekhyun could only smile at her daze expression. He shakes his head, "Let's go, then. We have like 20 minutes to walk back to our department. I still can't believe how Jongin and Sehun can be so diligent going there from here." He sincerely curious. Hana begins her step with Baekhyun follows closely beside her. It reminisces her of their first date as university students back then.

 

"Chanyeol is much more diligent. His department legit is a bit farther than those two kids and still have the time to have lunch with us."

 

The fact that Baekhyun is still wondering about the distance between each of his friends' departments with their own made Hana laughs loudly. "Baek, I thought you know how active your friends are? Especially Chanyeol. That kiddo literally knows every shortcut in this university. He is an architect student not for nothing."

 

"Interior design student, there I corrected your typo."

 

"Yes, Baek. Whatever pleased you, duh."

 

-

 

Baekhyun didn't meant to slam his locker that hard anyways. The sound of his hand hitting the metal box closed echoing through every corner of the changing room. A few of his teammates who are still there could sense the moody aura around their captain. Because an angry Byun Baekhyun is so, so, so damn scary. Mark nudges Taeyong beside him, pointing his chin at the captain but Taeyong could only shrugs. It took Baekhyun a few minutes to notice s' eyes on him. "Sorry." Short yet firm from him before he strides outside towards the field.

 

Baekhyun really didn't want to ruin his team's mood and he even has no plan to feel irritated today but after what happened earlier, he really can't hide his annoyance. He sees Hana running lightly towards him from the bleachers upon his arrival at the middle of the field. Her dimple on her left cheek visible to his eyes as she grins widely at him. The way her long wavy hair bouncing on her steps, the way the sun kissing her skin, the way her eyes twinkling under the ray, Baekhyun curses in his head. He is not supposed to feel this way. Not when he was so confident that he has no feelings for her anymore.

 

"Here, the mineral water. Gaeul got an extra for me but you need it more than me." The girl hands the bottle to him. But Baekhyun pays no attention to the drink as his eyes only glued on her face. "What's wrong? You are frowning. Did something happen in changing room?" Hana's delicate fingers move to touch his forehead, to cease the sour look on his face but Baekhyun steps back a little, immediately taking the water bottle from her hold while muttering a thanks. That gesture is way too dangerous for his heart so he needs to help himself from the oblivious girl. "Are you going to stay here until I'm done with my training or are you going home with Gaeul?"

 

"Waiting for you with Gaeul. She will help me practicing my debate script. Besides, she is going to wait until Sehun finish his dance practice at 5 too. Maybe we can go home together?"

 

"Okay." That calms Baekhyun a bit. Knowing that Hana will still be there, watching him training somehow giving him motivation to do his best today. The girl then skipping away back to the bleachers, her previous place to seat with her friend. And Baekhyun's mood is back as just now. His mind is not cooperating with him today. It seems like he just can't ignore the things that Hana had told him when they were halfway their way back together to the faculty. At the thought of their conversation makes him growling. He is far more than annoyed now.

 

"I met someone this morning. Hella good looking! He is a bit taller than you though. He has this handsome and well-sculpted face. Definitely a visual! Imagine, he only has black shirt on covered with white leather jacket, as well as black jeans on! Oh, a pair of red Converse too! So damn charismatic, don't you think?"

 

As for that particular someone that has occupied Baekhyun's mind, Hana is so busy memorizing all the points for her debate with the help of Gaeul. She is so excited to share the importance of finance management in someone's life since money has become the most essential thing in this world now. One could do anything just for money, be it good or bad, and of course she wants to focus on the topic of doing good deeds with money for the better future. "I heard that performing arts students are doing Show Me Your Talent 2.0 this semester. Will Baekhyun join again? They said it was all because of Baekhyun that they received good responses from audiences including lecturers last year. They didn't think that students from other departments can be that talented too."

 

Gaeul clumsily talking while munching on the chocolate bread, spitting a few crumbs out in the process. Hana rolls her eyes, throwing a pack of tissue paper on her best friend's direction. "

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter