1: The Day After We Broke Up

365 Days of Break Up
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The news has been spreading like a contagious disease throughout the whole university. It's less than 24 hours since Byun Baekhyun and Kim Hana declared a breaking up of their relationship but a few people managed to find out and decided it's good to be used as a "Good Morning, Have a Nice Day!" forum main topic on Seoul National University's Student Portal today. The girl rolled her eyes, feeling less interest for whatever written on the whiteboard ahead. It's almost 1 in the evening which means her class will end soon so she can finally get herself the lunch at a new hipster cafe nearby, that she has been wanting to have for weeks. She even dressed up in knee-length blouson amber coloured dress with a bronze leather jacket and high-cut boots, looking all chic.

 

"Holy ..."

 

Hana glances at her side. Minseok, her very first friend she met upon being the freshman student of this university 3 years ago, still gaping in disbelief with his eyes fixed on the phone. She peeks on the screen, before grunting in regret. "For the sake of my heart, can you please log out from the portal and focus on the lesson a few minutes before it ends?" She hissed. Only God knows how much she dislikes all the attention people are giving towards herself, and probably her ex-boyfriend too, at this moment. The least they can do is stop putting their noses on other people's business. Also, had she and Baekhyun have done a very big sin? She remembers seeing some of the students’ population crying out loud at the sight of her walking alone this morning, without Baekhyun around to accompany her to her first class like how he usually did without missing a day, aside from today, of course.

 

She was planning to stay low-profile about her being Byun Baekhyun's girlfriend when they both, were destined to be approved in the same university. Afterall, she managed to go through the last two years in high school being with Baekhyun as a normal couple. But, it all started when Baekhyun was recruited as the captain of his football team. Majority of students, mainly and obviously the female population, were having big crush on him. Hana didn't mind it, because Baekhyun was and still is the most loyal person she has ever encountered with. She even joined a fancafe created for her now-ex-boyftiend by his fangirls at that time. She was introduced as his girlfriend when Baekhyun finally can't take all the chaos by most of female students claiming to be his girlfriend, when he only has one in his heart. Thankfully, those fangirls of him finally toned down a bit, as well as creating another fancafe for them both as shippers. And, of course there are some of his annoying fangirls can't bear having their heart broken and launch another fancafe just for her to send hates.

 

However, all of those things have no effect with her current decision. Minseok beside her is yet to recover from the shock of the news. Out of all couple in this campus, Baekhyun and Hana is the least couple he expected to fall out of love. "What the is going on?" He pressed the words one by one. As much as he knows how hardheaded Hana can be, he is more than sure that only Baekhyun can tame her. But, what went wrong?

 

"How do I know when I don't even know myself?" Hana counterparts. She then internally thanking God for making the clock on the wall finally ticking precisely on number 1 and 12 simultaneously. Can't wait to free herself from Minseok's interviews about the hows and students' pity mixed with expectant gaze on her, like how they do right now on their way out of the lecture hall. She pulls the smartphone out of her pocket and begin packing up all her stuffs, while using Minseok's spazzing as background music.

 

"Kim Hana!"

 

"Bye!"

 

She walks past the man towards the corridor, ignoring the loud yell of Minseok calling her at the back. What's important now is the lunch! As on cue, her phone ringing. A smile creeps on her face, "Gaeul! I'm on my way—" "I'M SO FREAKING GONNA KILL YOU!" The voice on the other line screams. At this point, Hana is tired. So tired. So freaking, damn tired. And it's all because of the majority of disapproval of her and Baekhyun are not together anymore.

 

-

 

Baekhyun was on his way to the university cafeteria, drafting a plan in head to play PUBG until he has enough good rounds before going home. Not when two of his friends coming from behind him and started to play police officers as if arresting him. His other three friends could only watch the whole scene of him being dragged by two giants towards the destination. He was thrown to sit at the corner of the table against the wall. Everyone in the cafeteria somehow focusing on the sudden drama. Much reason is because he is Byun Baekhyun, the current hot topic for today. With unsatisfied and embarrassed look, he glares at the culprits, Chanyeol and Sehun. "The hell was that?"

 

"Spill."

 

The two towered him while crossing their arms to chest. Baekhyun seeks help by glancing at his other three friends, who seem more realistic and logical and more calm but neither Jongin, Kyungsoo nor Jongdae bother to back him up. "I was there witnessing you both from zero to hero, from single to mingle, from high school couple to university most popular couple, how the heck this happened?" Chanyeol's deep and low voice growling on the poor man's ears. Baekhyun gulps, but then finding himself is in such an unfair situation. "So, you really want us to proceed with the, uh...." He seems to can't find the right word to represent his relationship with Hana. Sure, she was the best, the first girlfriend he has ever had. They both know they would never wish for such alien feelings to be a problem between them but they also somehow glad that this is not only one-sided, but two-sided. "... uh... the enigmatic relationship? It's not like I hurt her or she hurts me but it just happens, you know." Baekhyun tries to defend himself.

 

At least, they both agreed to settle things between them in a good term. They don't blame each other. They still feel comfortable with one another but no more as lovers. The spark is no longer there in their hearts. The longing is no longer there. So, ending things and back to square one as friends are their decisions. Being friends is not a problem for them as they both know how much they cherish each other even before they fell in love. All thanks to Chanyeol for being their matchmaker as the man somehow has connection with them both since diapers.

 

"Why chose to break up, rather than taking a break?"

 

Kyungsoo finally speaks up, as he and the other boys take a sit on the table, with Chanyeol still beside Baekhyun hovering the small man. ", Yeol. Just sit your do

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter