Final Chapter

WITHOUT YOU
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

     “Seo Joohyun.. why are you crying?” a concerned voice broke her reverie.

 

     Seohyun was surprised seeing Yonghwa standing in front of her. She hastily wiped her tears away, she didn’t even realized they were sliding down her cheeks. “It’s...it’s nothing oppa.”

 

     Suddenly she felt his palms on her cheeks, gently cupping her face.

 

   “Did something happen?” Yonghwa frowned, a visible concern written on his face.

 

     She shook her head, unable to speak. She did not know where to start. Her mind was still reliving the painful memory. She silently scolded herself for making her man worried over nothing.

 

     Yah Seo Joohyun! Jeongshin charyeo!

 

     Then she felt he grabbed her hand, dragging her to sit down on nearby couch.

 

     “Is something bothering you? Tell oppa,” he gathered her in his arms, pulling her legs to rest over his thighs. 

 

     “Umm.. Really, it’s nothing oppa..” Seohyun tried to hide her feelings.

 

     But Yonghwa kept looking at her, waiting for her to talk.

 

    “Umm.. You were on the phone with Jonghyun oppa.. Then I remembered.. umm.. When all of you met.. Then you punched him..” she fiddled with her fingers, feeling guilty for bringing up a sensitive issue.  

 

   “Ah.. okay,” Yonghwa nodded, finally grasping the situation. “Are you still upset with it?”

 

     “I… umm.. I don’t know oppa,” she looked down, trying not to meet his eyes.

 

     “We have promised each other to express our opinion freely, to listen without judging, and to share our feelings as a couple, remember? He nudged her shoulder. “Tell oppa, I want to know.”

 

   “Umm.. okay,” she met his soft gaze. “Throughout years of knowing you and your brothers, I was so used to seeing all of you laughing, joking and teasing each other.”

 

     She took a deep breath and continued expressing her feelings. “I know disagreement and conflict are part of life, but when you punched Jonghyun oppa..shouting at him, I was really scared.. I am still scared things won’t be the same anymore.”

 

    “I see. Hyun-ah.. do you think things have changed drastically?” Yonghwa asked her. She knew what he meant – his relationship with Lee Jonghyun.

 

     “I understand that you can’t mention him openly now. In public, it looks like both of you are not related anymore. Personally speaking, I thought you will cut all your ties with Jonghyun oppa after the incident. But..” she stopped unconsciously, analysing further his relationship with Lee Jonghyun.

 

     “But..?” Yonghwa looked intently at her.

 

    “But surprisingly, you still treat him as usual. It seems both of you don’t take the incident personally..” she looked at him questioningly.  

 

    “Ah.. mian. Sometimes men settle things like that. You know, err.. punching and kicking,” Yonghwa said sheepishly, scratching his head. 

 

    “Men will always be men,” Seohyun muttered.

 

      “Hey, I had apologized to him for that! But during that time, I was really frustrated, angry and sad. I never knew I could lose my composure and just went to him like that,” he shook his head.  

 

      “I can never forget how Jungshin chinggu flipped you to the floor,” she .

 

      “That punk,” Yonghwa scowled. “How dare he make that move on me. I need to prank him soon.”

 

      “Don’t do that! He just wanted to stop you!” she lightly slapped his thigh, defending her Jungshin chinggu.

 

      “Arasseo. I won’t tell you my prank then,” he smirked mischievously.

 

    “Haish this man. You were really angry and screaming like a mad man! Of course he needed to do something,” she exclaimed.

 

     “Ara ara, I was thankful he did that too,” he reminisced the incident. “I was really emotional back then. I felt that I had let down so many hearts of BOICE. They continuously support us, have faith in us. I still feel I’m indebted to them.”

 

     “Oppa.. kwenchanayo?” Seohyun clasped his hand. “I know you are making plans for CNBLUE comeback. You must be worried about a lot of things.”  

 

      “I’m okay. Yeah, I am worried, maybe I’m just overthinking things. But don’t worry, everything is under control,” he assured her.

 

     “But oppa, I’m still curious. Since there are only 3 members in CNBLUE now, how are you going to answer them? You know, when you are scheduled for interviewing or filming for shows, surely people will ask you about this,” she softly asked him.

 

     “This is not the first time CNBLUE has lost a member, you know right?” he raised his brows, challenging her claim as a BOICE.

 

      “Ah! I forgot about that. CNBLUE debuted in Japan with different bassist,” Seohyun gasped.

 

      “Yah.. are you sure you are a BOICE?” he pinched her teasingly.

 

     “I am I am! Jungshin chinggu joined CNBLUE after CNBLUE had released first Japanese mini album,” she whined, stopping his hand from pinching her further.

 

      “Yeah, you are right. But at that time, we were not famous. So no one really cared. We were just an indie band who were trying to get their music recognized by performing on streets,” Yonghwa explained.  

 

      “Was it hard oppa? Your life in Japan when debuting,” she asked.

 

     “I was so nervous when we were told that we will be debuting in Japan. I was just a trainee, barely speaking Japanese. When we played our music in Shinjuku Station and other streets, there were more than 20 other bands performing as well. It was tough to get people’s attention,” he sighed.

 

      “But we practiced and practiced. Under scorching heat of the day, we performed under shade on the street. We zipped up our jackets, carried our heavy instruments, withstanding freezing nights

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter