Chapter 1

WITHOUT YOU
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

   Seohyun pushed the door after the door lock beeped to unlock.

 

   “I am home!” she entered their home’s hallway, searching for a soul who she knew would be home. 

   

   Her love light of course.

 

   But her search was greeted with dead silence.

 

    “Oppa?” she dropped her handbag on coffee table while her eyes kept searching for his silhouette. He was definitely home, judging from his shoes at entryway.

 

    “Hmm..? He must be somewhere..” she mumbled after checking their bedroom, but he was not there either. “Ah, he must be there!”

 

    She walked to the farthest room – their studio music room. They often spent time together at the room, where they placed her piano, his guitar collection, bass, drums, keyboard, and a computer set for music composition. CNBLUE members often came to their house for practice as well. 

 

   As soon as she opened the door, she smiled. Sitting on swivel chair, Jung Yonghwa was playing a keyboard. Wearing headphones, he hummed unrecognized melody at different tune.   

 

     Seohyun continued watching him intently. He was so engrossed in composing, nodding from time to time. Then he grabbed the wireless mouse, clicking here and there, editing music score displayed at the computer’s screen.

 

    Seohyun stared adoringly at her man. The passionate musician, who strongly believed that talent is nothing without hard work. He strived only for the best. His dedication to work often demanded plenty of sacrifices from their relationship, but she understood it well.

 

     People said both of them were type A blood – diligent, sensitive, perfectionist, the list went on and on. But after knowing him for years, Seohyun could say they were so different, yet eerily similar in a few things. One of them was strong work ethic. They had deep respect for each other’s effort and achievement in entertainment industry.    

 

    Yonghwa was so absorbed in his work that he did not realize she was standing there for a while. She hesitated to surprise him, which meant he might stop composing. Clearly Yonghwa was inspired for music composition today, judging from a few coffee mugs on his working desk.

  

    But she missed him so much. She was away since early morning for a magazine photoshoot in the outskirts of Seoul. The photoshoot went smoothly and it ended early than scheduled. She was able to reach home by late afternoon and she was really keen to spend the rest of the day with her sarangbit.

 

    She walked slowly across the room toward him, and gently touched his shoulder. She was amused when seeing him startled with her presence.

 

    “Oh, you are home!” Yonghwa put down his headphones. “You have worked hard today Seohyun-shi,” he grabbed her hand and pulled her to sit on his lap. “And I missed you.”

 

    Seohyun sat on his lap and leaned against him. “I missed you too oppa. It seems I’m not the only one who work hard today. Please don’t tell me you had been drinking a lot of coff – “

 

    She couldn’t finished her sentence when he angled her head and kissed her hard. She instantly forgot everything. Her hands move on their own, sneaking around his neck, and she kissed him harder.

 

    For a moment it seemed they were battling on proving who missed whom more, by dominating their kissing on each other. They kept kissing until they were both out of breath. He pulled away but continued nibbling her neck.

 

    Yonghwa just couldn’t get enough of her. He started and biting her smooth skin.

 

    “Opppaa.. Stop stop!” Seohyun tried to wiggle out from his tight hug. “I have another photoshoot tomorrow, and it is for spring collection.”

 

    “So?” Yonghwa knew what she meant, but he feigned ignorance.

 

    “Ah cham. I don’t want to wear spring dress with embarrassing hickeys!” she whined. “And my stylist will have a great time teasing me.”

 

    Yonghwa laughed and leaned back in his swivel chair. “Stylist noona and your manager are my loyal comrades for years. They teased you because they couldn’t tell anyone about us. They are true Yongseo shippers,” Yonghwa nodded solemnly. “I must buy more gifts for them.”

 

    “Haish! Stop bribing them with your charm and gift! I am the victim here,” she pinched him playfully.  

 

    “Arasseo arasseo, no more hickeys. For now. I will wait until you finish your photoshoot,” he smirked.

 

    “You were composing a new song?” Seohyun looked at the computer’s screen. Judging from the music notes, it looked like a ballad song.

 

    “Yeah,” he sighed. “But this is only rough draft. It is difficult to finish it.”

 

    “Why?” asked Seohyun.

 

    “It has sadness, remorse, intense longing theme. I keep remembering the times when we broke up,” Yonghwa unconsciously flinched while playing the incomplete music notes to her.

 

    Seohyun looked at Yonghwa. So this was the reason for their heated make-out session just now. “It’s all in the past oppa. You know I can’t live without you,” she interlaced their fingers.

 

    “I know I know. It is ironic when these depressing emotions are most inspiring to musician for composing,” Yonghwa sighed.

 

    “Totally understand that,” Seohyun nodded. “You composed a lot of great songs when we were apart.”

 

    “I should have sent a complete draft last month. But today I was only able to finish half of the composition,” he exhaled. “President Han will scold me again.”

 

    “Should we break up oppa?” said Seohyun absentmindedly while staring at the incomplete music notes.

 

    Her question made him stiffened in his seat.

 

    “Mwo??”

 

    “Well, you need the emotion to keep producing music. Who knows I might be inspired for lyric writing too..” Seohyun commented mindlessly.

 

     “Yah! Seo Joo Hyun! You – “

 

     His couldn’t finish his scolding when Seohyun pecked his lips multiple times.

 

    “Mian - mianheyo oppa. I shouldn’t have said that. Just a bad idea to help you finish your work,” Seohyun said sheepishly.

 

    Yonghwa let out a relief breath that he didn’t realise he had been holding. He could never lose his precious woman again.

 

    “You can ask me anything, and I can give you everything I have. Except breaking up with me,” he murmured.

 

    “Mianheyo. Oppa saranghae,” Seohyun posed with aegyo to calm down the emotional CNBLUE leader in front of her.

 

    “You are stuck with me Seohyun-shi.”

 

    “I know Yonghwa-shi. I am trapped and I can’t run anywhere.”

 

    “You have met your craziest fan here.”

 

     “I am love with that crazy fan.”

 

     “Prove it.”

 

     “In fact that I’m here in your arms, this is not enough?”

 

     “Definitely not.”

 

    “Haish oppa!”

 

    “Give me more kisses,” Yonghwa puckered his lips, which reminded her of duck lips.

 

     She giggled and kissed him. They exchanged sweet and soft kisses, silently thanking each other for being together.

 

    “I need to change and take a shower oppa. You want to continue your work here?” Seohyun detangled her body from his hug and stood up.

 

    “Yeah, just a little bit more. Or do you want me to join you in the shower?” Yonghwa pinched her behind naughtily before letting her go.

 

     “No! We will miss dinner if we shower together,” Seohyun gently slapped his hands.

 

     “It is your fault Seohyun-shi for being so y,” he replied.

 

     “Well I agree about that,” she flipped her hair and playfully swayed her hips while walking out.

 

     She heard him whistled and it made her laughed. She shook her head, amused with endless teasing from him.

 

     As soon as the door clicked closed, her smile died.  

 

    She was thankful seeing Yonghwa was playful and cheerful as always. At the same time, she was really concerned about him. She knew something was troubling his mind.

 

    Especially now.

 

    She sighed and walked to their bedroom with a heavy heart.

-----------------------------------------------------------

    Seohyun felt more relaxed af

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter