Chapter 2

Would u
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

As soon as the lecture ended Baekhyun stuffed his music notes in his backpack, grabbed his phone on the table and flew out of the room hurriedly. He stepped out of Music Department hall and went through corridors. Since his and Joohyun's faculties were in one building it was really convenient for him to always drop at her practice room before another lecture after lunch. 

Going though the crowd of different people Baekhyun finally found his destination. The door to the practice room was slightly open and he could see group of students standing in half circle around their teacher. 

Even though lessons have ended five minutes ago, they seemed to be discussing something important. Deciding not to intrude, Baekhyun stood in front of a big window near the area. After a minute, clapping sounds and whistles were heard from the dance  practice room and students started to come out of it. 

Baekhyun, who was playing on his phone looked up to meet Joohyun, who came out last with a big smile plastered on her sweaty face. With her was her ex-roommate Seulgi and their friend Jongin. 

"What are you doing here?" said Joohyun shocked at his presence. 

"Came to fetch you on our date," Baekhyun said smiling at her. Her big eyes became wider with a definite stun because of his words. 

"What?" Joohyun dabbed her sweaty temples with sleeves of her hoodie. 

"We are going out, today. Don't you remember?" Baekhyun looked at her unbelievingly. 

"You guys are dating?" asked Jongin looking between the two, then at Seulgi, who looked confused with the situation as well. 

"No!" Joohyun almost screamed. Her voice came out louder than she expected it to. "It's nothing. Just one of our usual 'besties' lunch outings. You guys can go. See you tomorrow!" She blabbered softly hiding her eyes from Baekhyun and took him further the empty corridor.

Jongin elbowed the girl standing next to him. "Didn't know they were a thing. They look good together," he smiled. 

"I didn't either..." Seulgi furrowed her eyebrows not understanding the situation. "Wasn't she dating Joonmyeon oppa..." she mumbled in thought. 

"What did you say?" Jongin curiously tilted his head waiting for her answer.

"N-nothing." Seulgi's eyes ran over the whole corridor they were standing as she pushed his back forward. "Let's go, I'm hungry." 

 

Baekhyun held the hand that was grabbing his right one, to stop the girl in front of him when they were in one of the turns.

"We are far enough." He said looking worryingly at Joohyun, who seemed nervous.

"Why did you come here?" Joohyun stared at him. 

"I always come here. Why are so shocked?" Baekhyun chuckled at her messy state. He stretched his arm to put her sticking out short strand behind her ear. 

Joohyun stopped breathing at the close proximity of his hand to her face. His touching sent shivers through her ear to her neck. 

"You didn't have to 'fetch me'." She crossed her arms on her chest, looking at him bravely for once since the start of their conversation. 

"And I can't go out sweaty and disgusting like this," she nodded at her appearance, tightening the hold of her arms.

"That's fine by me. You could be smudged by dirt and I'll still be talking to you, duh. That's what best friends do..." Baekhyun smiled at her growing annoyance. She scoffed boringly, scrutinizing him with a stare. 

"Did you have to specify it like 'that'? Seulgi knows I'm dating Joonmyeon. She's going to bombard me with questions." Joohyun looked so cute, lips gathering in a big sulky pout that Baekhyun found himself staring at unconsciously. 

"Sorry. Just don't think of it as a date. We need some 'other girl' to assume that we're seriously dating. Besides Seulgi knows we always hang out."

"Yes, but... Jongin was there too. And he knows everyone in the university."

"I'm not much acquainted with Jongin, but I hope he's not a fink," he smiled pulling her hand to walk to the exit. 

"Of course not. But they may be confused." Joohyun smiled starting to walk beside him. Baekhyun's hand still holding hers gently. 

"Okay. Shouldn't be a problem."

"Where are we going though?" Joohyun asked.

"Didn't you say you wanted to taste the new fruit flavored ice cream like three weeks ago?" 

"And you remembered?" 

"Of course."

"But aren't we supposed to go to that place where Jinah works?"

"Ugh... don't say her name. But, fortunately, I found out that she works just opposite of that cafe. We will be seen undoubtedly."

 

They were walking to Baekhyun's car, holding hands and talking as that was the most natural thing in the world. It would be. If they were together for real. 

When Joohyun sat in the passenger seat and buckled the seatbelt her phone beeped with a notification sound. There was a message from Seulgi.


Seulgi: "YOU ARE TELLING ME EVERYTHING LATER! :O"

 

Joohyun: " You don't have to yell ;)"

 

Seulgi: "What was that? Do I not know smth?"

 

Joohyun: "I'll tell you later."

 

After sending the last text Joohyun closed the messenger app and reduced the volume to zero. Baekhyun already pulled up from the parking lot and was driving to the direction of Joohyun's apartment. After realizing that he isn't rude enough to let her go out in 'post-dance ugly' state, the girl smiled shyly looking out on the passing streets. 

After quickly going up to her apartment and changing out of her dirty clothes, she took a shower and opted to go with a casual fit of white top and her go-to jeans with white loafers. She styled it off with a leather mini bag. 

Before closing her front door, Joohyun looked at the mirror fixing her slightly wet hair. 
 

"Aren't you too pretty for normal hang out?" Baekhyun said exiting the game app on his phone and locking it. 

"It's my casual outfit. You know it," Joohyun smiled, buckling her belt again, "and it's Hongdae. I would not go there in my slippers and shorts."

"I think your slippers are cute," Baekhyun giggled as he put the car on drive.

"Bunny slippers?" Joohyun laughed, "they look soft but you know how hard it is once it hits you on the face."

"You don't have to remind me that all the time," Baekhyun whined. "Let's think about the ice cream we are going to get."

"Okay. But we should think about how we are going to act in front of Jinah?" Joohyun half turned to him.

"Ugh... okay." He said drumming his fingers on the stee

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter