Chapter 1

Would u
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"... and I need your help!"

"No," the girl answered nonchalantly.

"Why?" He whined.

"Baekhyun. I have a boyfriend," she looked at him bewildered. 

"I know. I'm just asking you for help! I'm your friend, Joohyun! Can't you at least once-" he was cut off by her.

"No!" She glared at him like he was kidding her. "I'm not gonna pretend to be your girlfriend. That's final." She stood up from the couch they were sitting on. 

Baekhyun who was leaning on her abruptly sat back in his seat and let out a big sigh. 

"Please! Just temporarily. Until she forgets about me and will leave me for good. I will do anything you ask after that. Please!" He walked after her to the kitchen. She was preparing dough for pizza. 

"Baekhyun. Do you think she will forget you after she sees us together? She's not like that." She put on her apron with pink buttons. Baekhyun thought it looked cute on her. 

"How do you know? We're are not acquainted enough for that. I've known her for a few weeks and she's already pestering me." The boy sat on a barstool at the small bar in her small-sized kitchen. 

As a student, she had a good one-bedroom apartment. Her kitchen was zoned in the small corner area of the living room and her bed in the other corner near the big window which gave a nice view of Seoul and mountains.  

 

The dilemma Baekhyun was having is the freshman year girl at the faculty of Multimedia, who tried to follow after him almost everywhere he went. Annoying. That was the word he would describe her with. He needed something to shoo her off. 

That's how the ever so genius boy, Baekhyun, came up with the idea to use his best friend as a temporary girlfriend. 'If a girl sees the boy with another girl she would stop running after him.' 

"Baekhyun, girls know how other girls feel. That's something you boys will never understand." Joohyun already rolled the dough into a round shape. "Could you give me the grater, please? It's on the shelf there." 

Watching her spreading souse, putting the meat, and cutting vegetables for the pizza, he decided to help her with grating cheese by himself. 

"You know, guys might be insensitive sometimes, but they sure know when they don't like a girl. Believe me." Baekhyun took the cheese that Joohyun put on the plate and started grating it. 

 

They have always been like that. Friends who met in high school became best friends in university. They were always close. Teasing and laughing at each other. The first ones to run away after school because Baekhyun drew mustaches on seniors' faces after lunch when they were sleeping. 'They deserved it for messing with the girls from his class.'

Why did Joohyun run? Well, they were friends and the whole school would pile all doubts on her if he didn't save her. Because of Baekhyun, she held a strange authority in the school. She was quiet and stable at studying. Her grades were the highest. 

If she didn't have a crazy friend who didn't even acknowledge teachers in their class, she would have topped every lesson and every student in the class. Baekhyun, the ever so extremely enthusiastic, became her friend gradually. Their meeting history was quite chaotic and silly. 

The school held the event for good moral purposes. Students of '2-b class' had to show off the good sides of both genders. In the end, all boys had to dress up as girls and girls as boys to show the good sides of each gender and feel it themselves. 

Baekhyun chose to show off his legs and wore see-through nylon tights with black shorts. To say his mom was shocked when her 17-year-old (Korean age) son asked her of the place where she usually bought her tights would be an understatement. 

The reaction of Joohyun who was not speaking to him up until that moment was hilarious. She had a confused and surprised face as she didn't recognize her classmate at all. Only when she was familiar with the eyes behind smokey makeup, she felt amused and started to chuckle at the boy. Baekhyun's embarrassed grin then grimaced into a wide grin as he looked happy to see her laugh for the first time. 

He laughed at her costume too, coming up to touch her mustache and ask if they were real. When Joohyun said that she made them out of her hair and they were real, his face became paler and funnier for some reason. They had a good laugh the moment after. That was the first-ever interaction held between them. 

So when the whole class came up to the stage the audience in the school theatre burst out a laugh. A bunch of middle schoolers, who sneaked in to watch the presentation of sophomores and friends from other classes was teasing them for almost a year and half the class of Baekhyun and Joohyun finally graduated from school. There were even some photos taken of them in their ridiculous outfits. 

 

Two opposites were called CrazyHyunCouple among their classmates though they never had feelings for each other above their friendship. Joohyun was annoyed by him at first. But what happened at that event melted her heart and she became more open with boys. And especially with Baekhyun. Their homeroom teacher said it was a very useful occasion for classma

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter