Chapter 3

Would u
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Joohyun didn't text back to Seulgi that night as she thought it would be better to explain in person later at uni. She tried to call to Junmyeon but he didn't pick up. He was in States with his father for company matters. She calculated the difference in time and it was around 8 a.m. in New York, while 10 p.m. in Seoul. Deciding to leave him a text to reply later, she left to do her night skincare routine and go to sleep. 

At about 2:40 in the morning she got called by her boyfriend. The ringing didn't stop until Joohyun finally realized that it was her phone and quickly switched on her night lamp. Seeing his name on the caller she breathed deeply worrying maybe it was urgent. 

"Hey, babe. Sorry, I was on business meetings from 9, couldn't answer you faster. I'm heading for my lunch now. How are you doing? Missing me?" Long speech of Joonmyeon almost got her asleep again and she tried to suppress her yawning. 

"Hi. I'm okay. It's 3 in the morning in here..." 

"Ow... I-I'm sorry. Did I wake you up?" Joonmyeon was left dumbfounded. 

"Ah, it's okay. How is your work?"

Joonmyeon noticed she didn't answer his question of missing him and did only ask him about his work. Thinking maybe the reason was of her being half conscious, the boy chose to ignore it. He told her about his busy days so far and how everything was new and interesting for him. 

"Glad that you like it," Joohyun didn't hesitate to hide her yawn this time. "Joonmyeon, can I call you again in the morning?"

"It's... Joohyun, I can't. There will be the new building opening party in the evening. I can't call you then. Maybe the next day?"

"Yeah, sure."

"Okay, good night. Sleep tight, babe," Joonmyeon said in hopes to get back the endearment. 

"Mmm," Joohyun was too sleepy to think about the words and just hummed him. She hung up the phone first, switched off her light and went back to sweet dreamland. 

 

The next morning she woke up at the same time to get to uni to the first lessons. She had classes of economics and history of contemporary dance shared with other students early in the morning. 

Drinking her warm green tea from here thermos, she got ready for the class of economics. She didn't even notice someone sat beside her. 

"Hey, unnie. How are you?" Seulgi said placing her tote bag on the desk. Seulgi went to school a year earlier so almost everyone in their class is older than her. 

"I'm okay. You?" Joohyun hugged Seulgi's left arm and leaned her chin on her shoulder. "I guess you are happy to be partnered with Jongin." Joohyun smirked obviously trading the girl.

"Why would I be 'happy'?" Seulgi voiced out her confusion. 

"Ow, I said it the wrong way. Jongin must be blissful to dance with you on national dance competition..." Joohyun giggled as her friend started to blush a bit. 

"Yah. This is not something to be picked on about. Me and Jongin are just friends," Seulgi huffed, putting her hair up to ponytail. 

"Sure," Joohyun laughed as she looked she'd at the big classroom getting filled with other students.

"Won't you tell me about your 'date' with Baekhyun though?" Seulgi looked curious and suspicious.

"It was not a date," Joohyun cringed at the thought. 

"But you'd rather it was?" Seulgi somehow knew where to put her questions. 

"It's... not. I'd rather we didn't even consider the idea of that," she looked at her friend and Seulgi told her to go on. Joohyun sighed and continued.

"The girl from first year Multimedia faculty has a crush on Baekhyun. But she is... how to say? A little bit possessive? Baekhyun said he tried everything to let her know that he is not interested in her."

"So him being 'the genius' as he says, the idea 'to get fake girlfriend in order for her to let him go' came to his mind on one dreamless night. He came to me the next day to ask to be his temporary fake girlfriend. That's how I'm helping him," Joohyun finished her speech with a helpless smile.

"But you are currently dating Joonmyeon oppa, how could you say yes to Baekhyun?" Seulgi was puzzled.

"I know. Well, because Baekhyun is my best friend. I always help him when he is in need of one and it happens the other way around," Joohyun shrugged her shoulders nonchalantly, focusing her eyes on the notebook full of writing. 

"But does oppa know about it?" 

"'Oppa' doesn't know about it," the girl totally forgot about her late night conversation with her boyfriend. "I will tell him after the week ends and he comes," she said avoiding Seulgi's gaze.

Seulgi wanted to remind that Joonmyeon doesn't come until the start of November, which is in three weeks. But the bells rang and economics lecturer came in to start the lesson. 

Soon the conversation was forgotten and the girls talked about the preparations for dance competition and about Jongin, which made Seulgi embarrassed all the time. 

"It's midterms soon, so be ready for the tests. Assignments should be done for next week and I don't care about you're not being interested in economics..." the lecturer dismissed their class, everyone was already getting ready to leave. 

 

History of contemporary dance was a little bit boring than contemporary dance itself, but they had a lot of fun when demonstrating the various types of poses. After that the girls were free and left to have lunch together. 

Joohyun didn't see Baekhyun because he had his own lessons, but he

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter