Chapter 5

Would u
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"How was your flight?" Joohyun asked her boyfriend as he sat on her sofa observing her. 

Joohyun was in her mini kitchen. With all the turmoil, she almost forgot her dinner being cooked on the stove. 

"It was okay," Joonmyeon replied, "it's been almost a month since I've last seen you. How were you?"

"I was good," Joohyun smiled stirring the soup and tasting it. After a little shock knowing that he was back in the country, Joohyun calmed down and was more welcoming. 

Suddenly, she felt the presence from behind and two big arms wrapped around her waist. Startling the girl, Joonmyeon laughed and looked at the dish she was cooking. Being a little uncomfortable doing the task at hand and being captured from behind, Joohyun tried to move but ended without much success. 

"Can I taste it?" Joonmyeon asked her not letting her go yet. 

"It's ready. You must be starving after a long flight. I'll serve this on the table," turning to face the guy, Joohyun calmly broke out of the tight embrace. "You can sit here," she pointed at the bar table for two. Perfect for two people. Joonmyeon smiled shyly turning back to take a seat. He was confused of why she was acting so distant from him. Especially now, when he just returned back to Korea. 

"It's been a while since I've eaten your food. This looks delicious. Thank you, I will eat well!" he smiled at her before starting his trapeze. Joohyun returned the smile. 'Why does he have to be so polite,' she thought. Out of nowhere, she thought about the times when Baekhyun had dinner at hers. Someone who is the complete opposite of the man sitting in front of her. 

He would just barge into her apartment with a pouty face, telling her that he could eat the whole cow going straight to her refrigerator. Sometimes, the boy could come with takeouts, but all the other times he preferred to have meals cooked by her. His mother would often send him homemade kimchi and other side dishes. 

'Why are you even thinking about it, Joohyun?' The girl was so angry at herself. 'He just likes to rob your food supplies. And you have an amazing boyfriend who cares about you a lot.'

How did she came to be tangled with Joonmyeon, though? Him being kind and sweet to her was what got her into him at first. She liked him for a few months before she started dating him. It was like a crush things at first. And the fact that Joonmyeon himself started liking her was astonishing. However, things didn't go as Joohyun wanted them to go, and she became stuck in a very difficult situation. 

Unfortunately, being with Joonmyeon wasn't what her heart wanted. She figured it out in the last few weeks and decided about that in the last few days. Thanks to her best friend. It didn't matter now if Baekhyun liked her or not, she didn't want to be cruel anymore. Joonmyeon didn't deserve it.

"I'm sorry I couldn't answer your calls. I was on the plane. Was it something important?" the male in front of her asked eating the soup. 

'It means he didn't see the post. That's a relief.'

"It's okay. Nothing serious. I wanted to know when you are coming back," Joohyun smiled at him. 

"I shocked you with a surprise visit, didn't I?" Joonmyeon chuckled. "Don't worry, I got a vacation from my father. He let me study until the end of the semester. Guess, I worked hard at the company that he became so attentive to my studies."

"That's good that you're not taking much on yourself. You're still in your junior year," Joohyun smiled adding the rice to her soup. 

Only now, sitting opposite Joonmyeon and realizing that he was more of a good friend to her than a boyfriend, she felt really bad. She felt confused. Her heart ached whenever he looked at her with a big smile on his face and she could not help but smile back. 

Joohyun had to tell him the truth. She knew. She wanted to do that at the right time. She can't be egotistical and have everyone to herself. 

'I'll tell him. The sooner the better,' she sighed looking ahead at the male, frustrated by herself. Now, all she got to do was to gain some courage and confidence before confessing her true feelings to him. 

 

Baekhyun let out a big sigh, looking out of his car window and staring at the apartment complex. He came about twenty minutes ago. Pulling off at the parking, he saw a man with a lot of shopping bags and flowers in his hands, hurriedly making his way to the entrance. 

Baekhyun recognized Joonmyeon from two things. First thing was the way of him walking and the second - his fancy car. And to add to that, that was a newer car than the one he had last seen Joonmyeon driving. It was easy to identify him because of the only expensive vehicle that was here. Rich people really have different aura. "Why does he have to be so rich?" Baekhyun laughed to himself but there was no humor in his voice. 

Sighing to himself, he decided not to intrude in the couple's matters and leave them alone for some time. The reason of him being there was that he has read the message that Joohyun had sent him. Thinking a lot about whether to go or not to go, he finally inferred to visit his friend, and... maybe... tell her about all the feelings that he had felt before this day for her. Baekhyun wanted to get over with it when he had a chance. Only if he saw a chance. 

However, this situation turning up before him, meant that he really shouldn't go there. It was a signal for Baekhyun to back off. He leaned back in his seat, sighing helplessly. 

"I should just forget about her," Baekhyun chuckled at himself without humor, "but then... It's unfair for me."

He sat there staring at the wheeling, "no... I think I am being selfish. That's not right. She has a boyfriend whom she is happy with... I can't ruin that..." Baekhyun started the engine. 

"Right, Baekhyun... its time to let her go already..." Peering his eyes at the entrance again, he pulled out from the underground parking lot. 

 

Days passed by but Joohyun couldn't get a chance to see her best friend. He wasn't seen in the hallways and didn't come to her side of the building after classes ended as always. Neither was he answering her calls or messages. 

Joohyun concluded that he was avoiding her or something happened to him. But his friends said that nothing has changed, and Baekhyun was coming to classes as usual. 'Strange.'

After classes ended she went home to get ready for the party in the evening. She felt worn out after dancing and wouldn't have gone, but since Joonmyeon practically pleaded she didn't have any other choice than to agree.

Speaking of which, she didn't bring up the 'break up' topic yet. And it was set aside for the time being. 

The other evening Joonmyeon tried get near to kiss her, but she changed what we could call the romantic mood to something else, saying that she wanted them to play some computer games. She still let him kind of lean on her the whole evening. Joonmyeon kept it off cool saying that he didn't know that she could play. And she played since the high school. 

 

This evening, wearing all black, applying a light makeup and adding shiny accessories, Joohyun was ready to go. She didn't see Joonmyeon last few days either. He was busy dealing with the subjects that he missed. But Joonmyeon told her that he will definitely pick her up so she didn't have to go there alone.

Driving closer to the night bar where the party was held, Joohyun noticed some girls from other faculties of the university. 

The night was young and Joohyun thought that she might have fun even though she didn't have fun since Baekhyun

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter