Epilogue: Daylight

You and I as songs
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I don't wanna look at anything else now that I saw you, I don't wanna think of anything else now that I thought of you. I've been sleeping so long in a 20-year dark night and now I see daylight, I only see daylight.

Daylight by Taylor Swift

 

Listen to daylight here: Daylight

 

...
 

Her hand lazyly searched for her cellphone that was tucked under the pillow… an awful and dangerous habit, she knew. Her eyes got momentarily blind by the light on the screen of the device, but after a few seconds she managed to adjust to it and then finally saw the hour… 6:00 am.

 

Seungwan yawned, then stretched her limbs and dozed off for a few more seconds after finally gathering the courage to get up from bed.

 

But before standing up, she then turned to her side and was greeted by the view of her.

 

Bae Joohyun was sleeping by her side with half opened, hair tousled in every direction, her face included, and snoring lightly and peacefully. Bae Joohyun. Seungwan could tell that she was really, really asleep judging by her posture, her arms laid carelessly, the mouth half opened, and the lightly snoring… she only did that when she was really exhausted.

 

Seungwan touched her arms carefully and went up to her cheeks, fixing her hair, a small smile was on her lips while doing so. She didn’t wake her up, thought. Joohyun was a big girl and did that all by herself, even though she struggled a little she always managed to wake up in time.

 

So Seungwan stood up from the bed and went by her morning routine. She peed, washed her face, brushed her teeth, fixed her hair and went to the kitchen to prepare Joohyun’s breakfast and her precious coffee. She was half way through her small task when she felt an arm going around her waist, possessively, and a hand feeling her up. 

 

She didn’t turn around, or say a thing, letting Joohyun have her moment. That was a trap she herself had set up to catch that ert in specifically.

 

I wonder what people who know you would say if they knew that you rub my every morning in order to wake up. - Seungwan commented.

 

Joohyun just continued there, standing behind her in her groggily state. Seungwan pecked over her own shoulder only to find Joohyun with her eyes barely opened and her usual pouty lips. Her long hair was tightened in a messy and careless ponytail that barely held on all the hair, and her bangs were a mess.

 

A cute ert as always.

 

Seriously, you are barely awake and still your hands always found their way around my !

 

Joohyun whined annoyedly because of her loud voice and then her hand smashed Seungwan’s cheek hard to shut her up, making the latter yelp in despair.

 

Yah!

 

Shut up. - Joohyun hissed, smashing her again.

 

Seungwan whined.

 

Stop abusing me! - she faked annoyance. 

 

Despite them being clearly joking around, Joohyun was still careful with every little thing she did to her, so it didn’t surprise Seungwan when, right after the hard smack on her but she also felt a few wet kisses on the back of her neck.

 

Where are your pants by the way? - Joohyun asked in her small morning voice, seeming to be finally waking up for real. 

 

Seungwan snorted.

 

Joohyun then let her out of her hold and came to stand by her side. Seungwan’s arms pulled her close and Joohyun rested her head against her neck.

 

I am not wearing them this morning, what do you think? - Seungwan asked, rubbing her back with soothing circles.

 

I think you did well.

 

Joohyun snuggled closer to her, her arms going around Seungwan in a tight embrace. Seungwan knew that she liked hugs the most in the morning… and every waking hour, of course. 

 

Did you like it, gorgeous?

 

Joohyun sighed and smiled.

 

Uhum.

 

Yes! So this morning's strategy to wake you up my Bae is a success. - Seungwan said, giggling like a highschooler.

 

Joohyun’s hands traveled around her back, going down and down until she, as expected, grabbed her again.

 

Next time you should also get rid of the too… - Joohyun commented in a seductive low voice, her hands moving lightly around Seungwan’s .

 

Seungwan snorted, not amused.

 

You would like that, wouldn’t you.

 

I would… In fact I can get rid of it now.

 

That would be great, but we need to wake up earlier for that.

 

Joohyun’s eyes then fixed on the clock on the wall and gasped.

 

Yeah, go ahead and run for your life. - Seungwan just said, and Joohyun immediately let go of her and ran back to the room to prepare for work.

 

She came back a few minutes after that already showered, drying her hair with a towel and wearing her work clothes. Seungwan had finished their breakfast by that time, and was concentrating on reading on her ipad.

 

You are still not wearing pants. - Joohyun commented again, seating by her side in the kitchen counter. 

 

A small, teasing smile formed on Seungwan’s lips. 

 

And your eyes can’t get enough of it, can they? So many other things for you to see, what about the flower that I put right next to your plate? Did you even see it? No, she clearly didn’t, but she made sure to comment about my lack of pants, of course. - she commented, teasingly.

 

Joohyun gave a hard slap on her tight and Seungwan just laughed loudly. 

 

It’s cold. - Joohyun commented after a few minutes of eating in silence.

 

They were already at the end of winter, the weather was already changing, but it was indeed still a little cold in the mornings.

 

Seungwan looked up from her morning reading, and stared back at the deer’s eyes of Bae Joohyun.

 

I am not wearing them for you, you know. - Seungwan commented. 

 

She didn’t mind, especially knowing the much pressure Joohyun was under thanks to her exams, and also all the papers that she had to publish… People, other doctors, need to see that she was good not just in treating patients, but also in research.  

 

Joohyun smiled immediately, a huge one showing all her white teeth. 

 

I know Wan, but it’s cold.

 

Will you feel better if I put pants on?

 

Uhum.

 

Seungwan put a hand under her chin, her fingers tapping her cheeks while she observed Joohyun with serene, bright, eyes.

 

So the conclusion of this experiment is that Bae Joohyun loves my , but not enough to see me freeze to death. Fascinating. 

 

Joohyun’s eyes narrowed.

 

What the hell? - Joohyun muttered, and then it came to her, she was being fooled. - Son Seungwan. - she hissed.

 

I am joking! - Seungwan immediately defended herself, noticing the change in her facial expression. - I am going to the room now to put on some pants, ok, ma’m? See me going? I am going! - she kept teasing Joohyun.

 

Joohyun had a killer look on her face, ready to leave her seat and go after her.

 

I AM JOKING! - she yelled, this time actually running back to the room.

 

Blue skies smiling at me, nothing but blue skies, all I see. Blue birds singing a song, nothing but blue skies, from now. I never saw the sun shining so bright, never saw things going so right, noticing the days hurrying bad, when you're in love, oh my how they fly, but blue days, all of them gone… Nothing but blue skies, from now.

Blue skies by birdy

 

The mornings, the evenings, the nights… They were the best with her.

 

So… I saw that you published your paper this week. - Seungwan commented.

 

She was dropping Joohyun off in the studio where she had her dancing classes.

 

Joohyun, who was already outside the car, took her duffel bag from the back seat and then came back to stare at her with curious eyes.

 

How do you know that? - she asked. She didn’t remember to have commented about that yet.

 

Seungwan was feeling all giddy and excited to talk about it, she couldn’t wait a minute longer to have her suspicions confirmed.

 

I read it. - she said, smiling like the cheshire cat.

 

You did? Why?

 

It was not a subject that Seungwan could easily understand… Why would she read it?

 

The woman’s cheeks were painted in pink immediately and she looked away realising that explaining it would make her look like such a fool in love, somehow. 

 

She didn’t mind, though.

 

I... I-I wondered that If I read it and did my research I could understand it a little and maybe talk about it with you, you know? So I read it. 

 

Silence. 

 

And then an amused, impossible to contain, huge smile appeared on Joohyun’s lips.

 

Seungwan blushed again.

 

You are very lucky to tell me this in this crowded parking lot. - Joohyun threatened her.

 

Yes, she also regretted having brought that subject there… she would clearly be rewarded if she was in a more secluded place.

 

Seungwan snorted.

 

What would you do if we weren’t here?

 

Joohyun didn’t reply to that, but her eyes, they were burning on hers… she gulped and felt a shiver on her spine. The way that woman could make her sweat with only her eyes was really something that needed to be studied. 

 

They stared at each other hard, Seungwan could tell that Joohyun was watching her surroundings, but it was really impossible for them to share even a small peck there. It was the rush hours and people were all around them.

 

Joohyun just nodded, watching the people, clearly annoyed.

 

So what do you think about the paper? - she asked, giving up. 

 

Her eyes were mischievous, but mostly interested and her voice was soft and sweet like honey.

 

Seungwan stopped herself in time, not wanting to think at that moment about how hard it was for them to just do that much… a small kiss on the street.

 

 Dopamine and norepinephrine, huh? - she hummed, like she was an expert.

 

What about it? - Joohyun said, her hands were on the passenger seat of the car, staring at her innocently.

 

Inadvertently she had also inclined herself toward her and they were very close now.

 

I wish I could kiss you so badly now.

 

You wrote a whole paper about those chemicals and how they affect your brain. - she complemented.

 

Yes I did.

 

I did my research.

 

As expected.

 

So I am certain that you wrote an article explaining how, scientifically it feels like to be in love with me.

 

Joohyun just smiled, not denying a thing and Seungwan felt like dying because of her infatuated heart.

 

The greatest science in the world; in heaven and on earth; is love. - Joohyun whispered, while staring straight at the eyes of the woman in front of her. She had used that quote from Mother Teresa to start the article.

 

Joohyun’s way of expressing her feelings was something that blew Seungwan’s mind every time. 

 

What do I do, I want to kiss you so much.

 

Good. - Joohyun commented, teasingly and then gave a step back, closing the car’s door.

 

Seungwan didn’t understand it.

 

What?

 

Joohyun rested her arms on the car window, a small satisfied smile on her lips.

 

I said good… keep wanting it, to kiss me.

 

Seungwan gaped. 

 

Are you playing hard to get?

 

Joohyun just smiled then left.

 

Hey!! - Seungwan shouted, seeing her leave in disbelief, but Joohyun didn’t turn around.

 

Such a tease, really… how come she said all those things and then just left like that, Seungwan darkly wondered.

 

 

I hope I never lose you, hope it

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter