Opus 01 - Lost in Love

You and I as songs
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“An opus number is the work number assigned for a composition, or a set of compositions, in the approximate order in which a composer wrote something”. 


 

First Movement: Lost in love by air suply

 

“Lost in love and I don't know much [...] but I'm back on my feet and eager to be what you wanted. So lift your eyes if you feel you can, reach for a star and I'll show you a plan I figured it out what I needed was someone to show me”.


 

It’s a trap. - Seungwan mumbles, looking down her hands.

 

She looked depressed. 

 

What? - Sooyoung asked.

 

They were currently at the hospital cafeteria at lunch time.

 

She is not actually giving me a chance, it’s not it... she is testing me. 

 

As expected.

 

But…

 

But what? You were thinking that something different would happen? That she would receive you with open arms and fall for your charms in your first attempt?

 

Seungwan sighed, annoyed. 

 

Of course not, but I also didn’t expect her to make it so… hard.

 

Sooyoung snorted. 

 

That woman is a competitive little monster. She will not lose to you.

 

What do you mean?

 

You guys talked that day and you said that she warned you. That is clearly a challenge.

 

You think it was a challenge?

 

Of course it was, unnie! She is certain that she knows better… The challenge is for you to realise that she is right, for her it is just a matter of time.

 

Seungwan shut , speechless and amused by the details she had not paid attention to due to her momentarily happiness.

 

Of course…

 

Now everything made sense, now her behavior in the past few days, her eyes and expression made perfect sense. Joohyun was sure that she was right, that they would not be together…

 

Her unnie was sure that she would fail.

 

Oh my god, please tell me that you are not crying! - Sooyoung asked, panicking as soon as she saw a single tear rolling down Seungwan’s cheek. 

 

Seungwan fastly cleaned her cheeks, hiding her tears. Sooyoung hurriedly passed a napkin to her and she readily accepted. 

 

Are you giving up already? - Sooyoung asked, watching her unnie try to stop crying and failing miserably. 

 

Seungwan snorted.

 

As if that was possible.

 

My god, I don’t know why I keep crying in the most ridiculous moments!! - she ranted, angrily, cleaning the new batch of tears that continue to fall from her eyes.

 

Sooyoung smiled a little. 

 

I am completely out of myself, can't you see? This is not me! I don’t cry like this, and I am surely not in control to choose. 

 

What do you mean?

 

I am living an extracorporeal experience these days, it’s like I am watching myself doing things that I am not used to do… I am chasing her in the most inappropriate places, such as the mall, gym… I even entered the hospital bathroom after her and she almost slapped me in the face again thanks to that! I am really crazy Sooyoung-ah, I haven’t slept properly in weeks, waking up early and knocking at her door every morning at five am just to drive her and most of the time she just dismisses me like it is nothing. I cook her breakfast, lunch, dinner, and I am not even sure she ate it… I didn’t sleep baking for her last night. I am willing to do anything for her, and I get so hopeful when I see her, thinking that I am a little closer to reach her heart, only to be greeted by her knowing eyes staring at me, and I can see that she is not even a little amused, it’s almost maternaly, the way she looks at me, like I am a kid doing some funny trick and she is the adult watching me doing it. 

 

Seungwan’s hands turned into fists.

 

Now that you said that, that it’s a challenge to her I can see clearly that I am not affecting her not even a little. I am so frustrated and angry… I don’t know how she endured this ing game of not having your feelings reciprocated for so long, I feel like falling apart just because of this, just because of all the: “No, Son Seungwan”, she had been saying to me in a daily basis. I am so, so hurt just because of that.

 

Sooyoung reaches out for her hand, trying to comfort her.

 

So you are giving up already? - she asked again.

 

Seungwan then started to laugh, like a crazy person. Sooyoung was really amused.

 

I just said it… I can’t choose.

 

Seungwan had studied hard since she was a kid.

 

She knew she had to, but she also wanted it… to know things, to be certain when talking and have people acknowledge that what she was saying was indeed correct. It wasn’t wrong to brag, right? She had a lot of knowledge about thousands of things!

 

But that night, when Joohyun was sleeping peacefully with her head on her lap, and she had her hands on her face, hair… she felt it, the control of knowledge leaving her mind and body. 

 

Joohyun was someone, a precious, complex person with her own mind and interests, a whole person, and Seungwan realised at that moment that she didn’t know how to deal with most of the things they would have to face, she didn’t know how to deal with a lot of things Joohyun herself could do to her…

 

She was completely unprepared, exposed and vulnerable to her, and it was only natural to try to run from it, right? To run away, to let go of something that surely is out of your control… but she was no longer naive in thinking she could run, though. She had tried to do it before, when Joohyun confessed she simply didn’t know how to deal with it and left, but that didn’t change a thing, did it? She was desperate in days, miserably in weeks, and that all happened even before she was aware of her feelings. 

 

Joohyun wasn’t something that she could let go. Not in the past, and even more now. 

 

She thought a lot about it that night, and she simply didn’t know how…

 

When I think I have reached my limit… because she is not even rejecting me, you know? Like I already said, she is just treating me like a kid. She says No, Seungwan in that tone of voice of hers and you can see that she is not taking me seriously! It’s nerve wracking! So I say to myself, that’s it, you can’t succeed, you should not bother her anymore… but I can’t stop myself!! I don’t know how! When I think about her, I just want to go to where she is, and I want to see her again! I am counting the minutes, the hours just to see her again.

 

Sooyoung smiled broadly, listening to her confession. 

 

You are in love. - Sooyoung just said.

 

Seungwan just stared at her, knowing very well that those words described pretty much her crazy behavior.

 

She had been in relationships in the past… a few to even brag about, she was not a rookie in dating, so she kept wondering why it felt so different when it was with her unnie? She never felt so anxious like this before, so restless and going crazy with the possibility of not being able to change her mind,  she also never cried in the middle of a crowded cafeteria because of any of her past boyfriends… She was sure that she never even cried for any reason that was related to them, even when they broke up.

 

But here she was, cryin

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter