Chapter 4

Moonlight

 

It was the last day of semester exams. Jonghyun and onew came to the canteen as usual for lunch. Key, Minho and taemin was already there. Exams were hard on them. The unusual schedule burnt-out them all. Sleepless nights and midnight ramyun days are ending today. Since onew and jonghyun are seniors they had a crazier time than any of them. It was after two weeks, they all met like this. Even taemin's face was tired. They all sat there, silently ate their lunch. Being so happy that their exams are over and can breathe normally had them all excited but they were so drained that it wasn't evident at all. They all sat there, lifeless with bags under their eyes. 

 

Key eyed onew more than he should. He noticed how the elder had the power to make him feel so safe. He wished if he could give his heart for safe keeping but he hesitated. Because everything had a time. And it was not the time yet. 

 

Taemin once again got lost thinking about the black round eyes that pushed him into an ecstasy. He was excited and was happy about the new found attention he was getting from the elder. Nothing felt so good when minho touched his head and patted one day and called him cute. He didn't want to be called cute. He wanted to argue but the laughter that followed was enough for him to be speechless as Lee taemin never seen anything as beautiful as that in his lifetime. It was more beautiful than any sunrises he has seen in his life. If minho was an art, taemin wanted to paint his life around him. 

 

While everyone ate silently, two among them talked through their eyes. They flirted, they burned each other, and they did everything they could. Yet, they couldn't reach each other and it was killing them. Only if they could have met alone. Jonghyun would bet if that's what minho was thinking. He was pretty sure his best friend also had similar thoughts. He was pretty tired too but nothing of this sort of thing would go unnoticed by him. He was so happy for the growing connection between them but also was jealous to the core. He wanted something like that too but looking at the lean figure in front of him, he wasn't so sure if he had the strength to contain his feelings or even the braveness to be open. Jonghyun was a volcano, in its earlier phases. It was getting hotter by day and he was afraid that one day he won't be able to let it all in. He was careful to not scare key off like the first day but holding in was a lot harder than he thought when all he wanted was to devour the boy in front of him. 

 

Was that attraction? He doesn't know. But he would love to find the answer. 

 

" At what time should we start tomorrow?" Jonghyun asked getting everyone's attention to him. 

 

" What about 8am?" key replied. 

 

" What? That early?" taemin whined. 

 

" If we need to reach there earlier, we need to start earlier too Tae" key said ruffling taemin's hair. Key and taemin got a lot closer than earlier. These days key won't feel better if he doesn't see taemin and taemin was the same too. Being with loving people changed him. So taemin also started smiling often and because of how strict key is, taemin was forced to be in class on time and even sit with key in the front seat. The changed persona of taemin gained him a lot of fans. But no matter how he tried he couldn't get the attention of that one person he craved for. 

 

" I will take my car. So see y'all in front of our campus tomorrow at sharp 8am? Don't be late." onew said, confirming their schedule. 

 

9pm 

 

" Minho, did you see my sunglasses? What are you doing in your phone minho? Don't you have to pack?" key said. 

 

" I already packed. I don't know where your sunglasses are. Aren't you the organized one? Why are you asking me? I'm busy. Go away" minho said. 

 

" From when are you so obsessed with your phone? What are you doing there?" 

 

" That's none of your business key. Don't you have to find your sunglasses now?" minho said irritated 

 

Key searched everywhere but found it in his room itself. He packaged everything that was needed. He also took his best costumes to impress onew. Before sleeping, key messaged taemin so that taemin can sleep on time. He put an alarm for tomorrow. But he was too excited to sleep. So he tried his best but as everyone else, his heart was also fluttering in anticipation of the next day. 

 

If everything goes well, this trip would be the starting of many things. A beginning of many things. 

 

Key would call it a coincidence even if he believes that it's a miracle. All the boys were on time. Taemin even came 5 minutes before everyone else. Anyone could have known that they all made an effort to look extra good today. But they were not just anyone. They were just some idiots trying to figure out things and trying to survive life and may be with the company of the one they wish to. 

 

Onew was driving and from onews look jonghyun knows better to not disturb his friend's silent plea for him to sit at the back seat. So, jonghyun went to the back seat after nodding to his friend. Onew eyed minho. So minho went to the seat beside drivers seat. 

 

" Oh. Looks like you dressed to impress someone. Am I reading this right?" key asked taemin. 

 

" Same thought. Well, are you?" taemin said back. 

 

" Oh you are not denying it. I'm not answering your stupid questions, taemin. I hope you will succeed. I'm rooting for you "key said. 

 

" I wish the same for you too"taemin said, smiling knowing that he caught the other red handed. 

 

" Key!!! Taemin!!! What are you both doing? Don't you guys want to go? Stop whispering and come here" minho called out. 

 

Their journey started. Key was so pissed because he had to sit with jonghyun. But he managed to get the window seat. Jonghyun sat in the middle and taemin, on his other side. 

 

Onew was a safe driver but today for some reason he was distracted. The reason being a really hot guy wearing white t-shirt and black jeans. No matter how much he tried to focus on the driving, he couldn't.He made sure to not let his nervousness be known to others. So he started small talks. 

 

When everyone else was having a slightly different emotional mess in the car, someone was having the time of his life for the first time ever. Jonghyun looked to his side and saw key looking outside while leaning his head on the window. Jonghyun's view was so beautiful that he couldn't stop staring, a really beautiful smile forming in the process and eyes looked so in love but playful. 

 

Even though key was looking outside, the strong gaze at him was making him uncomfortable. It felt like he can be cut into pieces through a single gaze. He felt nervousness building up. So he turned to his side and looked straight into jonghyun's eyes but little did key knew that jonghyun won't stop staring. It's as if he is getting lost in jonghyun's eyes. The earlier emotions was changing into something softer. There were butterflies in his tummy. He felt dizzy from all this. But when a smirk formed in jonghyun's face, he was brought back to reality. He broke the small blinking game they had and looked outside again. 

 

" Am I that handsome today ?" Jonghyun asked, leaning towards key whispering. 

 

Key wanted to push him but all of a sudden he felt so weak that he stayed still. 

 

When jonghyun didn't got any answer, he leaned more and put his head on key's shoulder. 

 

" Just let me sleep for sometime. If you don't disturb me, I won't tease you anymore" Jonghyun said. 

 

It was easier for jonghyun to do that. But for key, it was a whole other story. He didn't know why he was getting so affected by this small skin ship. It wasn't even anything. And he should he focusing on onew now. But why would he have to be in the situation in the first place. He hated it. He hated how his body reacted to jonghyun's each flinch. He hated how his heart was beating so fast every time he looked at his side. So he decided to sleep. At Least he won't have unnecessary worries. 

 

It was past 5pm when they reached their destination. It was a beach resort. Onew parked the car and went outside to stretch because he was so tired. Even though they stopped for refreshments on the way, he still was so tired. Minho wanted to drive but onew didn't allow him at all. Now his body was giving up. So he went outside and felt the cool breeze touching his face. Minho also went outside to check on onew after telling taemin to wake up. 

 

Taemin opened his eyes and was hit with motion sickness. He wanted to sleep but he could not. So he was listening to songs. Taemin felt so uncomfortable in the seat. Then he remembered he was sharing it with two others. So he looked at his side to wake them up but was presented with a really beautiful scene that he took out his phone and captured the moment. 

 

Jonghyun was resting his head on key's shoulder. Key also fell asleep and now his head was on top of jonghyuns. It was a sight to see. What made it all beautiful was the small smile forming on jonghyun. Taemin was so happy to see it. He felt so happy. He didn't want to wake them up. But he had to. So he poked them lightly and called them. 

 

Jonghyun moved while he opened his eyes. That made key wake up too. Both of them were flustered when they figured out the close proximity they were in. So they moved without being able to look at each other. 

 

Taemin didn't want to make it awkward. So he told them to come out as casually as possible. Jonghyun and key followed taemin and went outside. Being outside after a long journey was so refreshing. They all stretched a bit and went to take their luggage. Minho was already helping onew. So they all went and helped with it. 

 

" So we only have two rooms. Since it's the break, everything was booked. How do we split?" onew said suggestively. 

 

" Me, Minho and taemin will share one room. Give us the big room ``, Key said. There was no hesitation in his voice. Minho's eyes found onews. Onew nodded, telling minho that it's okay. 

 

Onew handed over the room keys. They all went to their respective room to freshen up and make plans to meet up for dinner. 

 

" What happened jonghyun? You don't seem okay. Why are you so silent?" onew asked after they both settled in. 

 

" Hmmm. Nothing.. Just motion sickness" 

 

" Oh. So motion sickness makes you blush? Thank you for the new information jonghyun" onew said. 

 

" We had a moment. And I liked it. I think key liked it too. But I don't know. It's key. He changes so quickly" Jonghyun answered honestly. 

 

" Let's see. I think this trip will answer that. Also it's kibum for you. Only close people can call him key." onew teased jonghyun. 

 

" That was so unfair onew. How can you do this to me? Ahhh… My heart. Ouch it hurts" Jonghyun said, throwing a pillow at his best friend. 

 

Onew went to freshen up first since he knew that his friend needed some time alone. But onew was so sure that he heard something when he was about to enter the shower like " Everything is about to change. Kim jonghyun is on the pitch now. Watch me make him call me all sorts of cute names. " 

 

Onew laughed at how childish his friend was but also knew how he meant every word. 

 

They all went to the nearest restaurant. It was so beautiful. The restaurant was just beside the ocean. The sound from the ocean was so calming and the sky was spectacular. There were stars and it was almost a full moon. Regardless, the moonlight was so bright. Just like how their feelings are just growing but radiating so much energy and shining. 

 

Minho started grilling the meat. Seeing that, onew went to help. Key, Jonghyun and taemin sat there enjoying the view. Their eyes diverted to the one they wanted to spend this night with. But their hunger was the priority as the smell of meat welcomed them. 

 

After grilling, onew placed meat for everyone and continued to grill more. Onew wasn't eating much. So minho took a piece and told onew to eat. They were in their own world and as the others were focused on eating, they didn't notice this either giving them a little bit of privacy. 

 

" Taemin, why are you eating so less? Eat more" key said as he placed more food on taemin's plate. 

 

" I will eat it hyung" taemin replied. 

 

Jonghyun was waiting for a perfect time to talk to key. But key wasn't giving in. So he focused on eating for now. Some minutes passed by and they still were so hungry. Onew was still cooking and eating. So jonghyun went and told onew to rest as he took over the cooking. 

 

" Here. Eat this. This is cooked well" Jonghyun said as he placed a piece of meat in key's plate. Key didn't complain and ate it, which made jonghyun really happy. Jonghyun's happiness needed nothing more. He was a happy man and content with small things that meant alot to him. He thought he was going crazy for being so happy for such a small thing. He was grinning. He was shining just like the thousands of stars looking down at him. 

 

Key was having a really hard time too. He was confused which was rare until he met jonghyun. He was sure that he is so attracted towards onew but for some reason, he can't stop looking at jonghyun now. He blamed the moon. He blamed the stars. He even blamed the wind. But when he thought he could control it all, Jonghyun started to sing. 

 

Oh, so long for this night I've prayed

That a star would guide you my way

To share with me this special day

Well, a ribbon's in the sky for our love

 

If allowed, may I touch your hand

And if pleased, may I once again

So that you too will understand

That there's a ribbon in the sky for our love

 

This is not a coincidence

And far more than a lucky chance

But what it is that was always meant

Is our ribbon in the sky for our love, love

 

Key didn't know that jonghyun had his guitar with him all this time. But as jonghyun sang so beautifully making all of their heart melt, while muscular hands holding guitar so comfortably produced a really heavenly rhythm. Even taemin was surprised by this. 

 

Jonghyun sang so beautifully. His voice made the night more beautiful. He closed his eyes as he sang the last lines, pouring in the emotions. He wanted to look at key. But he couldn't. He was afraid that he would break down even before he has a chance and that wasn't good. He wanted a fair chance . He saw how key looked at onew. Jonghyun wasn't disappointed but he was more willing to prove how he wanted to be with key. 

 

 

There's a ribbon in the sky for our love

Ribbon in the sky for our love

 

 

 

Soft voice - checked 

Really handsome and hot - checked 

Considerate - checked 

Plays guitar - double checked 

 

Key would have loved, if this was all onew. But this was jonghyun.

 

Everyone clapped their hands as the song ended. 

 

" Of course that's my jonghyun" onew said proudly. 

 

" I didn't know that he sings so well. Damn his voice is so good. " taemin commented 

 

" Why do you think he is the DJ for our campus radio. He has that special charm to make anyone fall for his voice" onew said. 

 

"Wait what? DJ? Which DJ?" minho asked. Key was curious too. 

 

" DJ jo. Who else. From where do you think Jo came from?" Jonghyun said proudly as well. 

 

Oh oh. 

 

Key wanted to put a cloth over his head as minho started laughing at him as their eyes met. 

 

The other three were confused as key put a hand over his best friends mouth to not spill anything and dragged him with him. 

 

" Choi minho, you better stop." 

 

" Well well well. What a surprise" minho was still laughing. 

 

" IKR. What a shock. Not a surprise. I can't believe that I went to college that early to hear his damn voice. Ughhhhhhh. Such an idiot" key said. 

 

" What's wrong with him anyways? He is a nice guy." minho said. 

 

" Everything is wrong with him minho. Everything irritates me. Just don't talk about him to me. Do one thing, don't mention his name ever to me" key said irritated and minho knew that it's his turn to shut up before key gets angry. 

 

The best friends went back to the group. Taemin was oddly quiet. He wasn't a stupid to know what was happening. But he was sad that he didn't had a chance with minho. But was also relieved that even though he caught feelings, it was better that he got to know now. It's now than anytime later. He wanted to be alone but he knew that key won't let him. So he said he will take a walk before coming to the room. 

 

Minho and key went to their room. Jonghyun and onew was still walking around when they found taemin sitting on a bench head hanging low. So jonghyun went upto taemin after taking onew to their room and buying coffee . 

 

" Hey taemin. What are you doing here? Not sleepy?" Jonghyun asked, handing coffee to taemin. 

 

" I just wanted some fresh air. What are you doing here? Not sleepy yet?" taemin asked. 

 

" I also need some fresh air. You have been pretty quiet the whole day. Anything going on? Do you want to talk about it? "Jonghyun said. 

 

" Im just tired. That's it hyung. Don't worry "

 

" Don't lie to me. If you don't want to share , just say so. I have seen you enough in this whole semester to know if you are lying or not. Taemin, I know you may feel like an outsider, but you really aren't. We all have become so close now. "Jonghyun assured the younger. 

 

" No it's not about that. I know how you all care for me. It's just.. I may have expected a little more from someone and I know that it's not possible now" taemin said. 

 

Jonghyun didn't reply anything. He knew that no words would console taemin now. So he sat closer and put his hand over taemin's shoulder and patted slowly. 

 

" You are not asking who?" taemin asked. 

 

" No taemin. Why would I ask if you don't want to tell me? Opening up this much wasn't a small thing and I won't ever take advantage of that. If you wanted me to know that you would have told me already. Right?" Jonghyun said. 

 

" Yes. I'm so glad that I can talk to you like this. I never thought that I could be open and still keep some things inside. You know, I never had good friendships. I was with people in college but when I came back home, I was alone. But these days, I'm happy. I might act like I don't like it. But key hyung spoiling me as if I'm a kid, you taking care of me, Minho hyung always dropping me after college and onew hyungs endless hugs.. I love them all. I like getting these care when I know that it's so genuine. I never felt so accepted before "taemin said looking ahead as he was so embarrassed about being open like this. 

 

" I know. We all know. We are seeing your smile. Do you know how much we love your smile. If I could I would adopt you but I'm still a bachelor and hot. So we may have to postpone that". Jonghyun said laughing. 

 

" Thank you hyung." taemin said hugging jonghyun suddenly. Jonghyun also gave in to the hug. He heard taemin sniffing but decided to give him his privacy and hugged him tightly, patting occasionally. 

 

Taemin was grateful that he wasn't left alone. He was happy that he could get over it, if he has these people with him. 

 

That night had different duration for everyone. Taemin had a long night because he had to be in the same room as minho. Key wasn't sleeping either as his own heart deceived him thinking about the hands that slipped so effortlessly through the guitar strings. Minho was content and wanted to sleep but certain messages from someone across the room threw him into an endless version of fantasies. Onew wasn't any better after messaging minho some flirty things. Jonghyun was the only normal one. He had a normal night but was worried about taemin and also was looking forward to the next day. 

 

The plans were simple. Have breakfast, go to the beach, enjoy the sun. 

 

But how was that any simple, when the boys were free to flaunt their bare skin at the beach? 

 

Key wasn't a fan of tanning. So he put a simple t-shirt and shorts while his best friend was the exact opposite. Onew was also hesitant in showing his skin. So he and key sat in the shade. Taemin was already playing on the beach. Minho and jonghyun joined him. Jonghyun was extra careful and was so determined to make taemin feel at ease. So he was less focused on his plan for key. 

 

Not known to him, even though he wasn't planning on it, key was hugely getting affected by someone's firm abs that made his second appearance now. Being in sunlight and wet with water made them glow. Key was so sure that he was doing it on purpose but the usual stare wasn't present today. He saw jonghyun playing with taemin and minho and was somewhat disappointed. But seeing him in his normal self made him smile. Jonghyun was almost like a kid. No he is just a kid. If he is happy, he has a big smile. If he was sad, he was down. Key was curious how simple jonghyun is. He was so curious that he didn't see onew noticing his stares on jonghyun. 

 

Onew smiled knowing that may be jonghyun is right about key. 

 

" Hey key" onew started the conversation. 

 

" What do you think about jonghyun?" onew asked. 

 

" Why are you asking me about your best friend?" key panicked. 

 

" Nah. Just wanted to know. Leave it" onew said. 

~~~~

 

When it was lunch time all of them gathered together again. Key almost forgot how he was so into onew until onew helped him with his lunch. He came back to his usual self, as that's what he wanted to believe. 

 

Onew helped everyone. A little more obvious that he is giving his attention more to minho but how would key see that when he was so into scolding jonghyun for taking the seat beside him? 

 

" Why can't you sit anywhere else?" key said. 

 

" why? You don't like my company? I can promise you that I'm a really good company" Jonghyun winked. 

 

" Hey jonghyun hyung, can I sit with you?" taemin asked. 

 

"Of course taeminie" Jonghyun replied making taemin look at him a bit uneasy on his new nickname. 

 

" Taemin, don't get so close to him. He is not a good person" key warned taemin. 

 

" Oh. Maybe I can make you change your mind and fall for me. How about that?" Jonghyun said, making key choke on his juice. 

 

" Enough jonghyun. Let's eat in peace for once" onew said as he pat key. 

 

Why can't everyone be so good like onew?. Key thought. 

 

If jonghyun made his heart beat so fast, onew made him calm down. So comfortable and so easy to be with. Not confusing and so mature. 

 

Afternoon was filled with boating and some water sports which minho forced everyone to do. Because of excessive activities, they were all pretty worn out by the end of the day. So they decided to call it and day and rest sometime. Some took a nap. Some just lay down going through their phone. 

 

They all met for dinner. Everyone looked so refreshed and good. It was a simple dinner. It wasn't quiet but it wasn't as hyper as their usual gatherings. Taemin and jonghyun were murmuring to each other and laughing on their own. Key was looking at onew. He seemed different. Not in a bad way. Onew was smiling so much. But was taken aback when he saw what was happening. Onew was smiling at his best friend and he saw a slight pink forming in minho's cheeks. 

 

Key wasn't someone who don't miss anything. But he certainly missed something so important like this. He watched more and saw how they both were with them but still in their own world. His eyes were teary. He looked down. He wasn't able to control his tears. He managed to hide the tears that was overflowing. This was the last thing he wanted . Especially getting sad when his best friend was the happiest. But he couldn't help but be selfish and not hide. Being there looking at everyone, it felt like he was not there. Everyone was too busy to see how he was feeling. So he stood up and excused himself.

 

He went to the beach and sat down. 

 

Unknown to key, taemin wasn't as stupid or childish as anyone thought. He saw everything. That's how taemin told jonghyun to follow key. Taemin knows exactly what key must be feeling and there's no one else other than jonghyun can be with key now, as he was an emotional mess too. 

 

Jonghyun excused himself and went to where key was sitting. It was a beautiful sight. If it was any other situation he would have given a back hug and surprised the other. But seeing how worried taemin was, his playfulness can wait. 

 

" The moon is really beautiful. Isn't it?" Jonghyun said as he sat down next to key, placing his guitar carefully in his lap. 

 

" It is" key said sniffing. 

 

The moon was really beautiful. So round and so bright,making the ocean look beautiful too. Sitting there, key didn't hide as tears flow endlessly. He didn't made any effort to make it look like he was okay. 

 

Jonghyun sat there silently. 

 

" You know, when a person is very, very sad, they like sunsets" Jonghyun said. 

 

" Is that supposed to make me feel better?" key asked. 

 

" No. I was just saying. You don't look like you want to feel better. Atleast for now. " Jonghyun replied. 

 

" Yes. You are right. So what about the sunsets again?" key asked interested. 

 

" You know there is someone who watched forty four sunsets in a day. Can you imagine how sad he must be? "Jonghyun asked, looking at key.

 

" How can someone see that many sunsets in a day? Don't be ridiculous ". Key said laughing through his tears. 

 

" You really have no idea about what I'm talking about? "Jonghyun asked. 

 

" No. What is it? "

 

" For that you have to read a book. Will you read it if I give you? There are answers to your question and many other questions you have in that book. It's small. I can lend mine if you want "Jonghyun said. If only key know how much jonghyun was already pouring his heart, How much he was willing and how long he wanted to. 

 

" You read books? You don't look like that type. "key said, beginning to feel better as he got something else to focus on other than his mysery. 

 

" Then what do I look like? Don't judge me by how I choose to show you ke- kibum "

 

" So you have a side I don't know? I highly doubt "key said. 

 

~

 

" You know these waves. It comes to the shore but goes back. But the shore never stops waiting. Do you think there is a particular wave this shore has fallen for and is waiting for that particular one every time a wave comes back? "Jonghyun asked looking straight. 

 

" So this is the other side? The cheesy side? What should I do to go back? Is there any button? "key said teasingly. Even the air surrounding them knew that it wasn't what key wanted but they didn't correct him. Let him believe what he wants to. But his heart will definitely show him the right direction when he is ready. 

 

" What?usually this makes everyone else fall for me. You want me to go back? That's sad. I'm quite romantic. Don't regret after I press the go back switch. "Jonghyun said pouting. Key was so mesmerized by how cute jonghyun looked now. Jonghyun was a really hot and y guy. But seeing another dimension of jonghyun today was an eye opener. Key realized how little he knows about jonghyun . How little time it took to understand the person beside him. He wondered if he gives himself a chance to really get to know jonghyun, will he think differently? Will it change anything? 

 

" I will see about that"

 

" Are you feeling better now?" Jonghyun asked. 

 

" A little. Tell me about that someone who watched forty four sunsets. Why was that person sad?" key asked. 

 

" Don't know. He must be sad right? And he didn't said anything. He stayed silent when he was asked if he was sad" Jonghyun said. 

 

" And yet you expect me to find answers in that book" key had his doubts. 

 

" There's so much in the silence kibum. Words don't always have to be spoken. Words are the source of misunderstandings. " Jonghyun said. 

 

Jonghyun never looked so charming to key than now. The way that man was speaking to him was so beautiful. For a second, he felt so good that jonghyun followed him. 

 

" Do you always carry that guitar around? "key asked. 

 

" No. Only when I have to impress people "Jonghyun said smirking. Key rolled his eyes seeing the usual playfulness in jonghyun. 

 

" I always wanted to play guitar but never got the chance. "key said. 

 

" It's not late for anything kibum. There's always time if you give yourself the chance "Jonghyun said. Key understood the meaning being the words. He played it in his mind again and again. There's time

 

" If you don't mind, can I hold your guitar? "key asked. 

 

" Of course. Here. " 

 

Jonghyun placed the guitar safely on key's hand. The sight was so pleasing as key was holding his guitar that meant so much to him. Jonghyun was indeed giving so much of him today. Isn't he? 

 

Key was careful. He looked at jonghyun to check if he was holding it properly. To that jonghyun nodded. 

 

" Now that I'm holding it, I want to play it. How do I do it?" key asked jonghyun. 

 

" Wait. Give me your hand. You place this figure here, the other here. Now play. Oh wait. It's wrong. Let me come to the other side" Jonghyun tried to be as correct as possible but since he was facing key, he made mistakes. So he went to the back and put his hand on either side of key. He place key's fingers according on the strings to play a very basic tune. 

 

Key felt it again. The butterflies. When jonghyun wrapped him from the back, his heart almost stopped. When jonghyun placed each of his fingers on the strings, his heart skipped a beat. It felt like if his heart had a rhythm, then until now he was playing it wrong. May be it was originally meant to skip a beat. May be this is how it should be. To make everything a little more heart fluttering, Jonghyun was not speaking anymore but almost whispering in key's ears. He wasn't doing that on purpose. He was just focusing on the strings and was very concentrated in the tunes. 

 

When they played a beautiful chord, not separate but as one, the melody became so beautiful that even the waves got shy and went back to give them privacy. Each wave whispered to the other the same. As if it wasn't enough, Jonghyun hummed a simple tune, making it alot more difficult for key to handle. 

 

Key turned his head towards jonghyun. He saw jonghyun shining in the moonlight, eyes closed and beautiful voice coming from his heart. His heart beat was almost hearable by anyone that pass by but thankfully they were the only ones in the beach now. As he was admiring jonghyun, Jonghyun opened his eyes. 

 

They looked at each other. Eyes talking more than it should. Key was getting shy and his cheeks were red. But he still maintained the eye contact because he doesn't want to escape it. Carefully, but slowly jonghyun moved his face closer to key. Key didn't restricted. He stayed still. He didn't give permission nor denied. But did jonghyun really need anything else than this? 

 

It was cold but key was getting hotter by each passing second. Even the moon couldn't bear the tension between them. So it hide behind the clouds, giving them the much needed privacy. 

 

The chords were long forgotten. Only the sounds of waves and two heart beats were there. Moving forward felt like an eternity. Jonghyun was waiting at key's shore, waiting for a sign. He hesitated and wanted to be that special wave for key. Seeing how key wasn't denying nor giving in, he took it as an invitation. Jonghyun's eyes were so soft but strong. He looked straight into keys. Gradually looking down towards key's lips as he moved forward. Jonghyun came so close, their lips were almost touching. Key could feel Jonghyun's deep breaths in his face. Small hot breaths. Key closed his eyes as an invitation to meet plump lips but they never did as he heard minho's voice. 

 

Not now minho. Not now. 

 

So key pushed jonghyun back. 

 

Jonghyun landed on his back and immediately understanding the situation. So he sat beside key and acted like everything was normal as if they weren't just going to kiss. 

 

" Where are you key?" minho called out. 

 

" I'm here minho. What do you want?" key was angry. 

 

" You went from there so suddenly. I was looking for you" minho said. 

 

" I'm not a kid minho." key said.

 

" Oh you are with jonghyun. I didn't see." minho said. 

 

" Come. Let's go to our room. Acting like you care? But don't even know that I wasn't there with you at all. " key said irritated. He got up handing jonghyun his guitar, trying to avoid his eyes altogether. 

 

" Why are you getting mad at me? What did I do?" 

 

"Nothing Choi minho. NOTHING" key basically screamed that at minho's face. Key was awkward as well as trying not to show the embarrassment. 

 

" Cute. May be next time. " Jonghyun laughed as he followed the other two. 

 

Taemin was waiting for the others in the lobby with onew. Onew was trying to sit up but he was dozing off. So taemin told onew to sleep and he will call when others come. He went to get himself coffee from the Cafe in hotel. 

 

One cappuccino for him and one iced americo for onew. 

 

He ordered and waited for his order. It took 10 minutes. There were not many people at this time as it was late. Everyone and everything was sleeping and concluding their days. He felt at peace. When the order was ready, he took them and turned around but clashed with another body as similar as himself, pouring the iced americano in the others shirt. He stood there shocked but eyes widened when he realized who he just poured the drink on.