Chapter 2

Moonlight

 

Never in his life, key was faced with a situation where he didn't know what to do. He always knew and was planned for any situation with back up plans. But nowhere in his schedule had a plan of standing with another hot dude in the same room in the near future. Even when his life threw many stones at kibum, he never stumbled but now he was a mess .He wasn't an idiot to not realize how there was something going on in his mind like volcanoes getting ready to erupt. He was at the edge and if pushed a little, ready to fall off into the unknown. 

 

Jonghyun was a man after all. A really proud one at that. Seeing key trying to look at anywhere but him was giving him adrenaline to tease key more. Not that he had any control of his own emotions at the moment but he found himself moving closer to the other. There was a difference. Everything used to have an order. You think, you do things. But right now there was no logical explanation for him understand how he is standing so close to key. So unorganized and unordered but why was his heart beating so fast that even key could hear it. Jonghyun already put his towel back and covered himself just after it fell. But seeing how kibum still hasn't noticed that, he decided to play along. 

 

" Have some manners and put on some clothes" key said nearly whispering as he was nervous. 

 

" Actually I'm suddenly feeling so hot. Don’t you think it's better this way" jjong went forward unintentionally cornering key in the process. Jonghyun was speaking a little too flirty. 

 

" What are you doing?" 

 

Jonghyun didn't answer. Heck, he didn't even hear what key was talking now. He was only curious about the pinkish tint forming on keys cheeks. He moved closer. Feets became centimeters. Centimeters became millimeters. Millimeters became some breaths away. 

 

Key didn't know what to do. Was he scared? Maybe a little bit. But butterflies in his stomach took over all of his senses just like how jonghyun wasn't in his right mind standing so close as if he wanted to trap key and never let go. His eyes looked demanding while searching for something. Maybe his own senses. 

 

When jonghyun realized how close he got, he saw a trembling key. He may have gone too much. He never intended to scare the boy away. But as cliché as it sounds, Jonghyun felt like he was under a spell when he saw key's pink cheeks. But the sudden realization made him worry about the boy in front of him. So he placed a hand on the other's shoulder but key pushed jonghyun and ran away. Jonghyun stood there flustered, not really sure about what he was doing and the only thing he wanted to do now was to talk and apologize to key. So he changed quickly and ran out searching for key. 

 

" The noodles here are really good. You should probably try it,when you have time." onew suggested while minho nodded,a small smile not leaving from his face. Minho was sure that his mouth was hurting from all the smiling but it was worth everything when he got a shy smile from the elder. 

 

" Maybe we can have the noodles together? " minho asked. But before onew could reply key rushed towards them, all disoriented and angry. 

 

" Minho, where have you been? I have been searching for you." key said. 

 

" I lost my way. I figured you will be here. What the hell are you even wearing? "

 

" wait. I feel like I have seen these clothes before" onew said. Black shirts and white sleeveless shirt that easily flaunt someone's abs if they have. Onew didn't needed to think much as he saw jonghyun coming towards them as key dragged minho out with him. But before they went outside onew gave a nod to minho that made minho smile. 

 

" Jonghyun, should I be concerned about why key is wearing your clothes?" onew teased.

 

" Things happened and I think I may have made things worse. Can you help me, please?" 

 

" I think it's time that you take care of your own problems, Jonghyun," onew said.

 

"What does that even mean? So you are abandoning me? Ouch, this hurts." 

 

" Seems like you had a great time. Huh. Your eyes are glowing. Someone caught your eye?" Onew was such a tease. 

 

" I didn't know that you are into that frog guy too" Jonghyun winked and onew was wide eyed because of his best friends spot on remark. Onew sometimes feared jonghyun's directness. It's the only thing onew hated and loved about jonghyun. 

 

The previous nod and the shyness in his best friend wasn't unseen by jonghyun. He saw the looks and he read the situation better than key. And jonghyun didn't need anymore assurance that these four people are going to cross their roads more often. 

 

 

" Care to explain to me what happened at least now key?" minho asked as he placed his car keys at the dining table. Key refused to say anything on their way to the apartment and now key was even avoiding him for the last 10 minutes after reaching home. 

 

" Okay minho. Don't get angry. But I kind of went inside the pool and may be drowned" key said

 

" The pool? What the hell is wrong with you? SERIOUSLY? THE POOL? Did someone push you? What happened?" minho was fuming with anger.

 

" First of all, cool down. I will tell you everything". Key explained how he saw jonghyun in the pool and all the other things that followed. Minho was surprisingly calm and didn't interfere much as key explained everything. 

 

" What's wrong with that guy? If he disturbs you anymore, just tell me. I will talk to him."

 

" I know your talking minho. I have seen this alot. And don't even dare to do that". Key knew that by talking minho meant threatening their life as minho hated seeing his best friend in any discomfort. 

 

As they both sat there, Minho comforted his best friend and wrapped him in a tight hug. It wasn't weird for them to hug. For them normal skinship came so easily as the time went by. 

 

" For the first day, it really was a alot. Do you think our time in college will be like this? Or it's just today?" minho asked. 

 

" I don't even know. I just hope that there will be less drama from tomorrow. It's so tiring. I even planned to cook pasta for dinner but since we are so tired, let's order something. What do you want? Pizza? ". Key said more than asked because a pizza night is what they want now. And key wouldn't take no for an answer. 

 

That's how the best friends settled for the day. With Pizza, some cans of beer and comfort from each other. Key was getting sleepy. So he went to his room after cleaning. Minho was still cleaning the kitchen when he got a notification. 

 

From jinki, 

Want to have noodles for lunch tomorrow?

 

~

 

From minho, 

Of course, I would love to. See you tomorrow. Good night. 

 

From jinki,

Good night minho ^^. 

 

 

Minho went to his room and before dozing off, he checked his reply again and smiled, because if by drama key meant a romantic cliché, then he was all for it. If it meant drama for the rest of his life, Choi minho didn't mind it at all. 

 

7:30 am. 

 

Key was already awake. He even freshened up and was now making breakfast. Minho came back from jogging and was getting ready for the second day or he wanted to rephrase it as his special lunch date day. Key made simple pancakes. Key added some bananas and strawberries on top along with some maple syrup. Minho never complained. He ate whatever key made for him. There was no doubt that everything key made was upto his appetite. Another day was starting. For key, the first step to his dream and hoped for a jonghyun free day. While minho was rather excited and looking forward to his special lunch. 

 

Worn out jeans, black t-shirt and headset blasting rock music while slender hands were inside the jeans pockets because this was how the coolest kids in the college were like. Lee taemin was top of the game without any doubts. He wasn't everyone's cup of tea but if you once fell for his charms, it was difficult to come out of it. As he believed, freedom was everything. Nothing could force him to do anything he doesn't want to. He is the best in dancing but if you ask him to do an assignment, he would probably make someone else do it for him. What he hated the most was the diligent students who are always on time and do the things for grade even when they don't have the time to breath too. For someone with strict principles like that the cold character he always shows, it was brought by everyone so easily. He sat in the last bench with his friends who are more or less just people who are with him because of his popularity. 

 

Kibum came to the campus on time. Unlike the last day, today was fairly good and was definitely not as hard as being with a hot guy. As soon as he entered the campus, the same voice welcomed him as the previous day . He almost got late because he was so into the morning greeting and the voice that did things to his heart. But something in him warned that he should get to his class on time and he did. The schedules were good. He chose the electives properly as well. He once again checked his bag and took out the books he needed and placed so neatly in front of him. The class started and everything went well. He even got compliments from the professor for answering some questions. As the class ended, kibum thought for once maybe everything was going so smoothly and it felt good. 

 

After the morning radio broadcast jonghyun didn't have any other classes till afternoon. So he decided to walk through the campus to have some inspiration for the song he was currently composing. 

 

" He seems like the nerd type. Let's make fun of him. I'm sure we will get a good reaction from this fellow. " Taemin said to his friends. 

 

" Okay. Let's wait here and throw this spider at him when he will come" the others said and taemin agreed. 

 

But jonghyun's thoughts were distracted when he heard some people talking loudly about bullying someone. Not really bullying but throwing some toys at someone. Jonghyun didn't like minding other people's business but as they were talking too loud, he also got curious. But as he was looking ahead he saw kibum coming. He was so happy that he could talk to key and may be apologize but the realization hit him when he realized the same group of people were walking towards key while laughing among themselves. Key obviously didn't have any idea and jonghyun saw a particular boy in the group taking out a toy spider from his back pocket. 

Jonghyun ran but it was too late.

*************************************************************

What do you think will happen? I updated a day before. I think I might update with an interval of 3 or 4 days now since I already have it written. 

I hope it's not boring. Now that taeminie is here, there will be some changes happening and may be, some other interesting things too. If you want to know, wait for the next chapter. 

Also I need suggestions about how frequently I should post. If you can give some opinions, it would be great. Thank you. Hope you all are safe. 

See you in the next update. 

My other 2min story is also ongoing. If you want, do check it out.