Life Changing

Touch

Luhan took me to a small club down a side street of Seoul. The club he took me to was called ‘Club Exotic’. Exotic, what kind of club was it? He led me through the door and down some dark stairs. The club had its main lights on and I heard music playing, but the club was empty except for the staff and people on the stage.

We took a seat not far the stage and I watched the performance. There were five people dancing and they wore hooded jumpers so I couldn’t see their faces.  I was so mesmerized by their dance moves that I didn’t realise that Luhan had been talking to me.

The performance finished and Luhan called out to the dancers.

“Hey guys, over here.” He shouted and the dancers looked at him. He knew the dancers? They walked over to us and took their hoods down. I smiled when I saw the familiar faces of EXO-M in front of me and they joined me and Luhan at our seats.

“I didn’t realise it was you dancing.” I spoke and they all smiled. “You’re really good.” I complimented and thought for a moment. “You know if someone had told me that you guys danced I wouldn’t have believed them because people only talk about you being gangsters and stuff.” I added and they shrugged.

“It’s cool, but the one who is the most different is Luhan because obviously he has the reputation of being the one with the coldest attitude and the worst temper, and you wouldn’t have thought that just by looking at his angelic face.” Chen joked and Luhan’s cheek. Luhan playfully punched Chen and I just laughed as everyone teased Luhan.

 

“Why are you two holding hands?” Tao suddenly mentioned and I remembered that Luhan had led me by my hand. I pulled my hand away from his and felt my cheeks heat up in embarrassment.

“I had to pull her out of school quickly, so I just grabbed my hand and ran.” Luhan told him but Tao just smirked at us. “Yah, Maknae, who taught you how to smirk like that?” Luhan scolded him and I just smiled.

 

My phone rang and I went to answer it but Xiumin stole it away from me.

“What are you doing? Give it back” I told him but he shook his head.

“Xiumin, give it her.” Luhan spoke but Xiumin still disobeyed us both.

“No, she can’t leave yet. We don’t see her as much as you do” Xiumin protested and I smiled at him. Luhan looked at me and shrugged.

“Okay, I’ll stay” I gave in and everyone cheered.

“Let’s go get Ramyun.” Chen suggested and we all stood up. I grabbed my bag and Luhan looked at me in confusion.

“I want to get changed first.” I told him and he nodded. I ran into the Ladies’ room and changed back into my school uniform.

 

----------

 

When we ate our Ramyun we talked more about random topics and just got to know each other better.

We walked around, after our Ramyun, at the Han River and just talked some more.

“I have a confession to make” Lay spoke up and everyone looked at him and waited to see what he would say. “The other day when you left us to go help someone” he spoke to Luhan and I noticed EXO-M on edge. “We followed you back to college and after SoAh met you, we continued to follow you until she went home” he confessed and EXO-M sighed. “I feel so much better now”

“Why did you do that?” Xiumin mumbled and everyone stared at Luhan. He didn’t look happy at all. He looked like he might explode with anger, but before he could my phone rang in his pocket. He took it out and looked at the screen.

“It’s your mom, you should answer it.” He handed me my phone and I answered it. “We’ll continue this later.” Luhan warned the guys.

“Hey Umma,” I spoke down the phone and smiled at EXO-M.

“SoAh, come home immediately. I have something to discuss with you.” She spoke seriously and with a hint of urgency in her voice. She hung up the phone and I just stood there in silence.

 

“Is everything okay?” Lay asked me and I shrugged to him. I didn’t know myself what was wrong.

“I have to go home now; I had a good time though, thanks.” I bid them goodbye and walked away. I got a couple of metres away when I heard someone run after me.

“I’ll walk you home.” Luhan offered but I shook my head in protest.

“There’s no point, it’s a waste of your time since you don’t live near me.” I tried to reason with him but he ignored me and just carried on walking.

 

When we reached my house I looked at Luhan. He stopped and looked back at me.

“Thanks for today, you can go now.” I smiled, unlocked my door and stepped into my house. “Umma” I called out and she met me at the door. Her eyes were swollen and red, and only an idiot wouldn’t have noticed that she had been crying. “What’s wrong Umma?” I urgently questioned her and she sniffled as she dabbed her eyes with a tissue.

“SoAh, you have to leave this house.” She said and it seemed like time stopped in that moment.

“What?” I asked in disbelief. I wasn’t sure how to feel at that moment. I didn’t know it was just a mean joke or not. “Why do I have to move out?”

“Your stepfather heard some rumours that had been circulating at your college, and they had put his business reputation. He’d held off this for a while but after he heard that you had also skipped school today that was it.” She sniffled and my vision went blurry. Tears filled my eyes and I began to shake as I tried to hold in my tears and stay strong in front of my Umma. I couldn’t believe what was going on, because of the rumours I got kicked out by my own mother.

“But Umma, the rumours aren’t even true. Doesn’t he know that?” I cried and tears spilled down my cheeks. I gripped her arms and shook her gently. “Can’t you tell him to reconsider? Umma, it’s not fair!” I cried even harder and she pushed my hands from my arms.

“SoAh, I bought you a small apartment so that you will have somewhere to live, your things were already moved there.” My mother placed a key and an address into my hand and I collapsed onto my knees.

“Umma, please don’t do this” I begged her but she didn’t say anything.

“SoAh, please leave now.” She opened the front door and I struggled to my feet. My warm tears stained my face as I left my house. I looked up at the house for the last time and more tears flowed from my sore eyes.

 

With the address and key for my new home in my pocket and I walked slowly down the street with a tear stained and the odd tear that escaped my eyes and slid down my cheek.

 

Please Subscribe and Comment